DisneyorBust
01-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Same cast of characters!
DisneyorNothing
DisneyorBust
DD#1
DD#2

Day 2 – Sunday

Today was our Disney Studios day. We set the wake up call for 7AM. Of course it was Stitch. We are not Stitch fans – we really wish they’d bring back the traditional wake up calls. We ended up have Stitch every morning.:sick:

DH went to Captain Cook’s for breakfast and we ate in the room. By 8:20, we were all ready to head to the bus stop. We just missed a bus but the wait for the next one wasn’t too bad – maybe 10 mins but it was a full one. The weather was great – high 70’s and beautiful skies. We got to the Studios just after opening. The park seemed crowded – or more crowded than in years past. We think it’s catching on that this time of year has lower attendance.

Our first ride is always the Great Movie Ride. We got the gangster sequence. We decided to head to RnR and TOT. TOT was 13 min stand by but the line looked longer – we decided to FP. RnR was down the CM's had no idea when it would reopen. We walked down Hollywood Blvd and just enjoyed the atmosphere. We browsed in the Villian shop and found a few items that we’d need to pickup before we left. We headed over to Muppets and couldn’t believe our eyes!! The line was out the door!! We’ve never seen that much of a line there. We headed to Star Tours and DH and DD#1 rode. By this time I was hungry and the FP time had arrived for ToT. DH and DD#2 went to ride, They had a great sequence. DD and I went foraging for food. We wanted to eat at Backlot but it wasn’t open yet. Bummer. We browsed thru the shops for awhile and when we all joined back up we headed back to Backlot and enjoyed lunch.

The crowds were just everywhere. We couldn’t believe it. We’ve visited during this time period a lot and the crowds have never been this big.

After lunch we browsed thru some more shops and headed to Beauty and the Beast. This show is just wonderful. Four for a Dollar was not there though. I haven’t seen anything on the boards about them, we were wondering if they don’t perform there any more.

After the show we headed back to Muppets. The line was non existent this time. We walked right into the queue area and the doors opened within minutes.

Next???? Movie Ride again? Star Tours again?

It was about 4:05 and our ADR at Mama Melrose was for 4:30. We were all hungry and a little tired so we decided to check in a little early. We got a table quickly and before you knew it were ordering. We all got salads for appetizers. DH got the Pepperoni Flatbread, DD got the 4 cheese (minus the gorgonzola) Flatbread, I got the Tomato/Bell Pepper and DD got the Sirloin. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal and dessert. After dinner we headed to Osbourne Spectacle of Lights. I can’t even begin to describe this to you. You have to see to believe. The lights were wonderful. And when they danced it was just breathtaking. I could have sat there and watched them all night with a beverage in hand. After enjoying the show, we decided to call it a night. DD#1 had a knee injury back in September. She was cleared from therapy but all the walking was starting to bother her and it also had begun to swell. We decided it best to get her off her feet and ice the knee so that she would be able to continue with the trip.

Thoughts: We didn’t do Lights, Motor, Action or Fantasmic this trip as we’ve always done them. We tried to get to Indiana Jones but the timing was just off. Mama Melrose was still one of our favorites. Concern for DD#1 and the impact on the trip was on our minds, we will tour a bit differently to care for DD#1.

Beach Club Babe
01-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Sounds like another greeat day, minus the crowds. Four For a Dollar were there on our short Nov. trip. I believe that they do have at least 2 days off per week.

Hair_Razor
01-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Sounds like another great day, hope your DD is doing well.

AbeeNormal
01-01-2008, 04:32 PM
I sure hope DD #1's knee holds up during the trip. :balloon:

Sounds like a full day of fun, fun, fun. I can't wait to see the Osbourne Family of Lights they sound amazing. :yes:

Thanks again:)

BronxTigger
01-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Sounds like another good day. I hope DD's knee holds up!

pdrlkr
01-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

kakn7294
01-02-2008, 08:49 AM
We loved the Osbourne lights last year - it was my favorite part of the trip! We were disappointed in Mama's in August - glad to hear you had a positive experience there. I hope your DD's knee will be alright. Off to read more!

DizNee143
01-02-2008, 02:48 PM
another great day...
hope DDs knee is good through out the whole vacation!! :mickey:

KylesMom
01-03-2008, 01:11 PM
The park seemed crowded – or more crowded than in years past. We think it’s catching on that this time of year has lower attendance.
That seems to be the general concensus this year. I hope that you are able to see and do everything you want to this trip without getting hung up by crowds!

Glad you enjoyed Mama Melrose - it's among our favorites! :mickey:

princessgirls
01-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Great day! Thanks for the report!

Hope DD is able to continue on with her knee. Injuries are NO fun while in Disney!

Julie:mickey:

faline
01-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Sometimes touring a bit more slowly is all the more enjoyable!

Just reading about your meal at Mama Melrose's is making me hungry!

RedheadWriter
01-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Great report. Sorry to read about your daughter's knee.

dolphinmickey9170
01-08-2008, 02:08 PM
So sorry about the daughter's knee. I sure hope all is well now.

We love Mama Melrose's as well. When we didn't want what was on the menu, they adapted to our taste and made us something special.

My DH has never seen anything BUT the gangster scene. I have seen the other one once. It just seems we ALWAYS get the gangster, and sometimes a really bad one. I think we will ask for the other scene next time.

I agree with you about the Osborne Lights. They are so beautiful. I think we spent an hour and a half here just taking in all the atmosphere.

Thanks for sharing.:mickey: