PDA

View Full Version : Cooking with INTERCOT - January 2008

ChipDale
01-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Share your recipes & tips, ask advice, get ideas...

It's all about Cooking with INTERCOT for January 2008!

:eat::tasty::pizza::popcorn::mcoffee::stir:

Not2Loud
01-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Use the canned crescent rolls and "fun size" snicker bars.

Roll the individual snicker bars into a crescent roll, then bake according to instructions.

Makes for an easy, quick, and yummy dessert!

Beast_fanatic
01-01-2008, 09:56 PM
That does sound yummy. :thumbsup:

offwego
01-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Wow that does sound good.if not new year friendly.

Anyone have any ideas for slow cookers? I'm in a rut with mine and was looking for some help.

tinkerbell04
01-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Anyone have any ideas for slow cookers? I'm in a rut with mine and was looking for some help.

I use this one quite a bit because it is easy in the am and tastes great!

1 medium chuck roast
1 envelope of onion soup
1 can of coke
veggies-potatoes, carrots, celery etc.

Place the roast and veggies in the crock pot, then sprinkle the onion soup and pour the coke on top. Then cook all day on low. The sauce makes a great tasting gravy and the coke makes the roast so tender!:mickey:

disneydrmr
01-05-2008, 08:08 PM
I use this one quite a bit because it is easy in the am and tastes great!

1 medium chuck roast
1 envelope of onion soup
1 can of coke
veggies-potatoes, carrots, celery etc.

Place the roast and veggies in the crock pot, then sprinkle the onion soup and pour the coke on top. Then cook all day on low. The sauce makes a great tasting gravy and the coke makes the roast so tender!:mickey:

I use this same recipe and I sometimes add a bottle of Heinz Chili Sauce. Yum!

tinkerbell04
01-07-2008, 11:01 AM
I use this same recipe and I sometimes add a bottle of Heinz Chili Sauce.
I will try this next time! Sounds yummy.

Anyone have something to do with ground beef? I am in a rut with meatballs and meatloaf...Thanks!
:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
01-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Anyone have something to do with ground beef? I am in a rut with meatballs and meatloaf...Thanks!
:mickey:
Tacos or Burritos? They ALWAYS go over well in our world! :thumbsup:

katzctkpt
01-09-2008, 01:46 PM
This is a pretty simple recipe and is great with a scoop of ice cream after it comes right out of the oven

2 cans of crescent rolls
2 granny smith apples (peeled & each apple cut into 8 pieces)
1-12 oz can of ginger ale
2 sticks of melted butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon ( I always put more cause I like a lot of cinnamon)
Spray a 9X13 pan with oil. Wrap each apple with a crescent roll and place in pan. Pour ginger ale into pan not over the apple rolls. Melt butter add sugar and cinnamon mix well then spoon over apple rolls.
Bake at 350 for 30 -40 min or until light brown on top.

tinkerbell04
01-09-2008, 07:50 PM
2 cans of crescent rolls
2 granny smith apples (peeled & each apple cut into 8 pieces)
1-12 oz can of ginger ale
2 sticks of melted butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon ( I always put more cause I like a lot of cinnamon)
Spray a 9X13 pan with oil. Wrap each apple with a crescent roll and place in pan. Pour ginger ale into pan not over the apple rolls. Melt butter add sugar and cinnamon mix well then spoon over apple rolls.
Bake at 350 for 30 -40 min or until light brown on top.

This sound delicious! Can't wait to try it!:mickey:

JanetMegan
01-16-2008, 08:22 AM
Last night I made a recipe from the kraft magazine, I actually am not sure from which one cause I always cut out the "keepers" and toss the actual magazine. But it was like an easy fake out chicken cordonblue. OK I know I spelled that wrong...

Was trying to find the exact recipe online but here it is-it was simple as anything.

I used...

-3 chicken breasts (large)
-one package reduced sodium chicken flavored stove top stuffing mix
-one can cream of chicken with herbs soup
-one pack swiss cheese
-some deli type thin sliced ham
-1 spoonfull of dijon mustard
-a little milk

Ok make the stove top per directions.

Take a casserole dish and spray with non stick stuff, then lay chicken in it (kind of spread them out.) Lay ham on top of chicken. Mix half the soup can with the mustard and spoon on top of ham. Toss all the stove top on top of that. Bake at 400 for 25 mins. In the meantime take the rest of the soup, add a little milk (1/3 cup?) and wisk until smooth and warm in a small pot. While the chicken cooks wisk about 2 slices of the swiss into the soup/milk mix. Then after 25 mins in the oven top the chicken/ham/stuffing with the other slices of the cheese. I ended up using 8 slices total, 2 in the soup and 2 on each large chicken piece. Pop back into the oven to melt the cheese. Serve with soup/suace on top or on the side.

I know my version was slightly different than what was in the magazine, but it was close, and it was darn tasty.

JanetMegan
01-16-2008, 08:27 AM
Found the actual recipe, mine ended up being a little wordy-note they didn't do the thing with the soup like I did, but I like extra sauce so...

Prep Time:
10 minTotal Time:
40 minMakes:
6 servings1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Lower Sodium Stuffing Mix for Chicken 6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 lb.) 6 slices OSCAR MAYER Thin Sliced Smoked Ham 1 can (10-3/4 oz.) reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup 1 Tbsp. GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard 6 KRAFT DELI DELUXE Swiss Cheese Slices PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package; set aside.

PLACE chicken in 13x9-inch baking dish; cover with ham. Mix soup and mustard; spoon over chicken. Top with prepared stuffing.

BAKE 25 min. or until chicken is cooked through (165°F). Top with cheese. Bake an additional 5 min. or until cheese is melted.

PrincessCandaceMarie
01-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Use the canned crescent rolls and "fun size" snicker bars.

Roll the individual snicker bars into a crescent roll, then bake according to instructions.

Makes for an easy, quick, and yummy dessert!

YUM I'm going to make these this weekend!

Not2Loud
01-21-2008, 11:01 AM
For anyone looking to cut some calories and such, I made this turkey sausage recipe today:

1 lb Ground Turkey Breast
2 Tbsp minced red onion
3 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tsp thyme
1/2 Tsp sage
1/2 Tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 Tsp black pepper
1/4 Tsp salt

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Shape into patties the size you would like. Cook on a non-stick skillet until done (1-2 min per side).

This should make approximately 8x4" patties.

I also added red pepper flakes since I like mine with a kick.

this recipe is courtesy of prevention.com

disneydrmr
01-24-2008, 04:47 PM
I just got a pound of ground buffalo. Any suggestions/recipes on how to cook/use it?

PlutoToo
01-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Oooooooo. Lucky you. I'd use it any way I'd use ground beef. Just remember that Buffalo is leaner than ground beef. Ok. Now you've got me drooling.

January-2007
01-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Does anyone have a recipe for Thousand Island Salad Dressing?

Mickey'sGirl
01-25-2008, 10:11 AM
I just got a pound of ground buffalo. Any suggestions/recipes on how to cook/use it?
I would make burgers so that you don't lose the flavour. Season it as you would beef, but "moisten" it as you would turkey. You are in for a real treat!

disneydrmr
01-25-2008, 10:21 AM
I would make burgers so that you don't lose the flavour. Season it as you would beef, but "moisten" it as you would turkey. You are in for a real treat!

Please elaborate.. what do you mean by "moisten' it as I would turkey?

Mickey'sGirl
01-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Please elaborate.. what do you mean by "moisten' it as I would turkey?
You will need to use some kind of bonding ingredient. I would use an egg, some crumbs and some kind of sauce. Because the meat is so lean, it will not hold together well without something stickying it up.... I'll be there at 7 -- no cheese on mine please.:tasty:

Christine
01-25-2008, 11:09 AM
I I have a wonderful dessert recipe to share! A friend of mine made it last night for our bunko game and I can honestly say it's one of the best desserts I have EVER eaten!

2 cans crescent rolls
2 8 oz containers of cream cheese
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks butter

Spray a 9x13 baking dish with Pam. Arrange 1 can crescent rolls (not necessary to make the seams touch..just unroll and lay flat.)

Melt 2 tubs of cream cheese in microwave, and mix in 1 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Spread over crescent rolls.

Open the 2nd can of crescent rolls, unroll, and lay across the top of cream cheese mixture. (Again, no need to meet seams...just unroll and lay across top).

Melt 1 1/2 sticks butter and mix with 1 c. sugar. Pour across top. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

tinkerbell04
01-25-2008, 01:24 PM
2 cans crescent rolls
2 8 oz containers of cream cheese
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks butter

Spray a 9x13 baking dish with Pam. Arrange 1 can crescent rolls (not necessary to make the seams touch..just unroll and lay flat.)

Melt 2 tubs of cream cheese in microwave, and mix in 1 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Spread over crescent rolls.

Open the 2nd can of crescent rolls, unroll, and lay across the top of cream cheese mixture. (Again, no need to meet seams...just unroll and lay across top).

Melt 1 1/2 sticks butter and mix with 1 c. sugar. Pour across top. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

I have made these several times and they have always gotten rave reviews. They are delicious room temperature or from the fridge :mickey:

Christine
01-25-2008, 04:52 PM
It's fabulous! It's almost like a bread pudding or something. I can't wait to make it for my family! My DH will love it!