PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions: Be It Hereby Resolved...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

drummerboy
01-01-2008, 12:36 AM
...Resolutionland, even scarier than HM or TOT.

So what are your resolutions for 2008?

I know I've got to lose some weight, so my first is to try and lose 20 pounds by this time next year.

Caroleh
01-01-2008, 12:46 AM
I resolve not to make resolutions unless I know they are going to be accomplished. So there is only one this year and its I'm going to be moving into a house!!!:D

I'd do the weight loss thingy but we don't own a scale and I refuse to become a slave to a scale..been there, done that, got the tshirt and resold it!!!:D Every time I go on a diet and lose the weight, after I go off the diet my weight bounces right back where its at so I have figured out 2 things--1.) the big guy upstairs wants me this way or 2.) I put a lot of good money and food into my body to make it look this way!!!!

Are we ready to have a better 2008 then 2007?

Beast_fanatic
01-01-2008, 12:51 AM
I resolved years ago not to make any more resolutions, and I'm sticking to it! ;)

I was about to post a reply to the last thread when we moved along, but I saved it, so here:

Did you miss me?

I did. Although, I missed you primarily because I've been missing in action too as I've been sick for the last week and I haven't felt much like posting. I'm finally starting to come out of it now though. :thumbsup:

And, congrats on 2000 posts!

Hello? Anyone out there? Am I the only one at work? And am I the only one that will probably be at work ALL day?

Nope, you weren't the only one as I worked all day (earlier and later than usual too).

Anybody going to watch the ball drop tonight?

I watched it. Now, I'm waiting to see what they'll do in Dallas. They haven't had much in the way of New Year's Eve celebrations here, and it hasn't been televised, but they're trying it out this year.

Anybody else out there having as dull a New Years as the Drummerboys?

Yes. Hubby's been in bed for hours, and I'm just trying to catch up on everything.

Happy :fworks: New :fworks: Year!

Anyone have anything to snack on?

pogo
01-01-2008, 12:54 AM
I don't make resolutions....... I can't keep them so why make them ???:confused:

Did everyone else make some ??

:marg: Here's to 2008 being the best year of our lives yet ! :D

Tink&Goofy
01-01-2008, 01:57 AM
The only resolution I make is to try to be a better person. I make this every year, and would like to say that I keep this every year! :)

Still have over an hour to go for me before the New Year.

Hey Blythe - any New Years babies yet?????:baby:

Dsnygirl
01-01-2008, 02:49 AM
...Resolutionland, even scarier than HM or TOT.

So what are your resolutions for 2008?
Yikes.... you're right... I hope we aren't staying here too long!! :scared:

Resolutions? Yes, I plan on making some, but not until I feel a little better and have been off work for a day or two. Otherwise, what I might come up with could be pretty scary, too!!

Anyone have anything to snack on?
Do you really want to know?? Let's see... we've got Christmas cookies, Baklava, chili dip, cheese & crackers, 2 kinds of fudge, sweet potatoe pie, crackers & artichoke dip, chips and french onion dip, Christmas tree Peeps, 2 kinds of coffee and a Jubilee roll. :blush: What would you like???

:marg: Here's to 2008 being the best year of our lives yet !
:ditto: :exactly: I'm toasting you, Pogo... can you tell??

Hey Blythe - any New Years babies yet?????:baby:
Yup!! At 12:36 am, a little boy was born, although I don't know if he's the 1st for the area. (We have 3 hospitals here that deliver babies.) I don't know his name yet, but you'll be happy to know that although I didn't actually deliver him, one of our Intercotees did!! :thumbsup: Kisobel, who is really Kate and a very dear friend of mine who I introduced to this site, was the lucky nurse who delivered him!!

So - anyone still awake out there, or are you all crashed out after your celebrations?? I'll have coffee waiting for you before I head off to Rochester...

:newyear:
everybody!! I hope 2008 brings you all the happiness you dream of!!

Tink&Goofy
01-01-2008, 03:17 AM
Happy New Years Blythe! (yes, its actually New Years here now!)

POTC3 just got over 5 minutes ago - talk about timing....

Can I go to bed now?? I haven't stayed up until midnight on New Years, for years! (sad, isn't it?).
I will definitely need coffee in the morning - so save some for me!

Caroleh
01-01-2008, 07:32 AM
I don't make resolutions....... I can't keep them so why make them ???:confused:

:marg: Here's to 2008 being the best year of our lives yet ! :D

That's why I only make ones I can keep...like I'm going to move into a house this year!!! :D

So, besides Blythe going to Rochesterm what's everyone else up to today?

drummerboy
01-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Coffee's on, but I don't want to wake DW yet by making breakfast. Anybody got some bacon and eggs to spare?

Yup!! At 12:36 am, a little boy was born, although I don't know if he's the 1st for the area. (We have 3 hospitals here that deliver babies.) I don't know his name yet, but you'll be happy to know that although I didn't actually deliver him, one of our Intercotees did!! :thumbsup: Kisobel, who is really Kate and a very dear friend of mine who I introduced to this site, was the lucky nurse who delivered him!!
So, does the New Years baby have a screen name and avatar yet? :D

BronxTigger
01-01-2008, 09:56 AM
I didn't make it until midnight last night. :unsure: How embarrassing is that?

I had to take the rental car back up to the airport in White Plains. Then, DH and I had to take the bus to the train and then the train and then the bus from the train to my apartment. It was getting kind of wild on the train. EVERYBODY was drinking and some of them were already buzzed. A lot of them didn't even look 21. And you should have seen how short some of those skirts were!

I was on VMK but I fell asleep at 11...but I set the timer to wake up just before 12 so I could watch the ball and then Jon & Kate + 8 at WDW. However, I couldn't STAY up. :( I missed that show AGAIN! Can you believe it?

Anyways, I was woken up at 2:30 by the neighbors screaming and music and people coming home from who knows where and I couldn't fall back asleep until 3:30 and I tried to get on VMK but it was having connection problems, so I missed the west coast New Years also...even though I was up for it! (Was that all one sentence?)

I have NO IDEA how I will wake up for work tomorrow...

Oh....resolutions. Yeah... to spend less money, among other things.

Nascfan
01-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Wow, that was a quick thread. Happy New Year everybody! Did everyone stay safe last night?

I resolve to get back to a more regular workout schedule, back to the 3 days a week. Been lax for too long.

Here's to a happy, healthy 2008 for all the JQ gang!

pogo
01-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Good morning all........ We survived the New Years celebration. :thumbsup: Of course, we were home in our jammies snuggeled on the couch watching the ball drop. :blush:

Dick Clark made it and in spite of all he's been through, I thought he looked pretty good. But I must be getting really :old:. I thought the entertainment on New Years Rockin' Eve was the worst I've ever seen. :shake:

What's on tap for today ?? I think we are laying low and having dinner here.

I hope nobody from "JQ" has a hangover today ! :D

BriarRose0708
01-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Happy New Year, friends! When's the next train out of Resolutionland and where can I buy a ticket? I have mixed feelings about making resolutions. To me, a resolution is just a goal you can make any time of the year, why wait for January 1st? But despite that I do have a couple things I want to work on:

Being more patient
Saving money (might be hard with a WDW trip this year)
Living well- not just losing weight but being more hollistically healthy and environmentally conscious
Slowing down to appreciate the little things in life and to be thankful for what I have.

I hope you're all enjoying the last day off before it's back to the daily routine at work! My favorite New Year's Day tradition is watching the Rose Parade and then making a big lunch and watching whatever marathon is on tv. Who's with me?

pogo
01-01-2008, 11:39 AM
My favorite New Year's Day tradition is watching the Rose Parade and then making a big lunch and watching whatever marathon is on tv. Who's with me?
We are watching it now. What's for lunch ? :D

pjbs35a
01-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Coffee's on, but I don't want to wake DW yet by making breakfast. Anybody got some bacon and eggs to spare?

How about oatmeal, toast and apple juice ??? You know how health conscious I am !!!

And :spy: don't reveal their resolutions. It's against the Q code.

Many :spy: missions on tap for the new year. One starts today. Anybody seen the weather forecast for Zimbabwe ???

Before I depart today I will have watched enough college football to last at least until January 7th (Who knows what happens on that date ???).

Trying to divide time between the Twilight Zone Marathon and football is quite a task.

disneydeb
01-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Good Morning all and Happy New Year!:newyear:

I hereby resolve to try take better care of my health ... so I had tenderloin and biscuit for breakfast :thedolls::doh:

I resolve to NOT start :smokin:

I will walk 5X a week, gradually building my time.

I will write to those whom I we a note :)

Should I post a question here?

BriarRose0708
01-01-2008, 12:31 PM

Well I still have tons of soup so I'll probably make a big salad to go with it. I also got an ice cream attachment for my Kitchen Aid at Christmas so I want to experiment with that today as well. Which flavor should I make first?

drummerboy
01-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Now for some resolutions I can keep:

1. I resolve to breathe in 2008.
2. I resolve to read... something in 2008.
3. I resolve to get my hair cut some time or other.
4. I resolve to play my drums.
5. I resolve to spend time on Intercot.

Don't think I have the fortitude to stick to these resolutions? Hah! Just you wait. :D

pogo
01-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Well I still have tons of soup so I'll probably make a big salad to go with it. I also got an ice cream attachment for my Kitchen Aid at Christmas so I want to experiment with that today as well. Which flavor should I make first?
Strawberry..... what else ? :D

Don't think I have the fortitude to stick to these resolutions? Hah! Just you wait. :D

:shake:

HndrdPrcnt
01-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Hey Friends -

I know that I normally don't post in the Just Questions thread....however, I also know that this is where most of the folks who supported me during my dark dark days hang out. So, I thought I would post a quick note to wish you all a very Happy New Year!!! and a BIG THANK YOU to each and every one of you who have been praying for me and my family. The good news is that healthwise I am doing much better and seem to be on the mend. I still am not at 100% as I don't have the energy that I once had, but I am not complaining. Every day that I can wake up, give my wife and girls a hug and kiss and tell them that I love them is a good day!!

I wish you all a very happy & prosperous new year! I hope to have the chance in the near future to meet you all. Until then, however, know what an important part of my healing you all have been!!

God Bless -

John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

BronxTigger
01-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Where's Alex? Word is he hit 9000 posts this morning!

:cheer::fworks::fworks::fworks::cheer:

Tink&Goofy
01-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Lunch? I'm eating breakfast!

I also got an ice cream attachment for my Kitchen Aid at Christmas so I want to experiment with that today as well. Which flavor should I make first?
Anything with chocolate, of course! :D

Now those are my kind of resolutions! Not sure if I can keep the one about the drums, but I'm good on the rest! :D

I always knew he was full of hot air....:D

Quiet day today (so far). Still under the weather with a cold I can't shake. So I'm snuggling with DD5 watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. :D
Who was suppose to keep the coffee warm for me? I really need it today!

drummerboy
01-01-2008, 12:56 PM
John, Happy New Year to you too. Glad things are looking up for you. Feel free to join the insanity here any time, it's great therapy.

I also resolve not to forget my questions this year. How long do you think it'll take to break that one?

pogo
01-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Is anyone reading Christine's live trip reports ???

If not, please read her December 31st (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1504703#post1504703). I think she needs us ! :D

ElenitaB
01-01-2008, 01:02 PM
A happy and a healthy 2008 to all. May the year bring the fulfillment of all your wishes (even those you didn't even know you had).

Although, I missed you primarily because I've been missing in action too as I've been sick for the last week and I haven't felt much like posting. I'm finally starting to come out of it now though. :thumbsup:
Rhonda, glad you're feeling better! You've been missed!

Yikes.... you're right... I hope we aren't staying here too long!! :scared:

Do you really want to know?? Let's see... we've got Christmas cookies, Baklava, chili dip, cheese & crackers, 2 kinds of fudge, sweet potatoe pie, crackers & artichoke dip, chips and french onion dip, Christmas tree Peeps, 2 kinds of coffee and a Jubilee roll. :blush: What would you like???
Seriously! I hope we don't stay around here too long!

Blythe, were those snacks at your house or at the nurses' station? :faint:

Why... chocolate, of course! (It's pretty easy to make too.) Liked your resolutions, Nikki! :thumbsup:

Blythe, I can't believe that they froze the field at the Bill's stadium and that the hockey game will be outside! :freeze: These must be the same people who enjoy ice fishing!

We finally got to see Enchanted last night. It was really good! (I cried :blush:)

My resolution for this year is multi-faceted: I've been blessed to have survived the :thedolls: so long that I want to live my life to be worthy of that blessing and honor those who have succumbed along the way. So, I need to take care of myself (I'm tired of being a "before"), be a better mom, a better citizen of the world, and a better friend. And last but not least, I want/need to become active in cancer advocacy.

What's for lunch? For me, Jenny's Southwestern chicken and rice. For DS, a Lloyd's bbq chicken sandwich. I'm going to make up a batch of eggplant/zucchini "stoop." Anyone want some?

Where's Alex?

drummerboy
01-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Lunch? heck, we just finished breakfast an hour ago (it takes forever for our electric frypan to do bacon).

Another resolution: I've got to quit being so serious all the time on JQ. :thedolls:

Ellen, we're all cheering for your resolution.

BronxTigger
01-01-2008, 01:19 PM

If not, please read her December 31st (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1504703#post1504703). I think she needs us ! :D

That. was. unbelievable. What else could go wrong? I'm glad she's okay!

Caroleh
01-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Anyways, I was woken up at 2:30 by the neighbors screaming and music and people coming home from who knows where and I couldn't fall back asleep until 3:30 and I tried to get on VMK but it was having connection problems, so I missed the west coast New Years also...even though I was up for it! (Was that all one sentence?)

Don't you just hate it when the neighbors can't be quiet?

See, these are the type of resolutions I like to make!!!

I love you resolutions, Ellen!! Some of them we all could make!!

I'm actually getting a lot done today. I've done my :laundry: and :dishes:, now I'm quilting a wall hanging that I started last summer. It's an original design, that we want to put in the entry level of the house. See you all later!!!

BriarRose0708
01-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Strawberry..... what else ? :D

Are you trying to kill me? I'm allergic to strawberries.

Anything with chocolate, of course! :D

I agree! Chocolate walnut chip anyone?

Oh no, I don't even want to think about what else could have happened to them!

Why... chocolate, of course! (It's pretty easy to make too.) Liked your resolutions, Nikki! :thumbsup:

I loved your resolutions too, Ellen! Say Happy New Year to Ben from me.

disneydrmr
01-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Wow, first a New Year, now a new thread... that's just a bit too much for me to deal with. :D Hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year's Eve... I got off work yesterday at 4:30 (1/2 hour early - whoopee)... DH was made it to 10pm.. I made it later! 10:30 is when I fell asleep. So a normal boring night in our household. Today we slept late, ran a couple quick errands, and I'm waiting for my sauerkraut and spareribs to finish cooking.

My resolutions for this year?
As always: lose weight (at least 20 - 25lbs)
Get out of debt
Make sure my family and friends always know that I love them..
and STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM MY DH'S FAMILY AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!

So Blythe.. was your hospital's baby boy the first baby of the year? How cool that an Intercotee delivered him.

Anyone want some Chocolate Cheese Fudge? I have a whole 'bucket' left and need it out of my house if I want to have any hope of losing some weight....

pogo
01-01-2008, 05:23 PM

Oh no....... I'm sorry..... I didn't know. What else are you allergic to ?? :D

My resolutions for this year?
As always: lose weight (at least 20 - 25lbs)
Get out of debt
Make sure my family and friends always know that I love them. I know ! ;) :hug:

Happy New Year Diane. I hope all your resolutions are kept and achieved ! :D

Caroleh
01-01-2008, 06:06 PM

Nikki, what do you expect from Pogo? I think he's trying to knock us all off so we won't pick on him any longer.

Where's Alex? :( I really do miss him. I need him so I can give Pogo and Ken a break.

Well, my wall hanging is almost done, just need to tack down some things and it'll be finished. It really has a WOW factor going. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow from work. I can hang it up there to get a great picture.

alpro2
01-01-2008, 06:21 PM

:cheer::fworks::fworks::fworks::cheer:
Yes....I decided to ring in the New Year in style. :D

Happy New Year everyone! I am looking forward to a great 2008!

Where's Alex?

Where's Alex? :( I really do miss him. I need him so I can give Pogo and Ken a break.

You rang? :D

BriarRose0708
01-01-2008, 06:45 PM

It's alright, you didn't know! I am allergic to most fruits, actually. Isn't that awful? (it's really not awful, I just need a question)

Nikki, what do you expect from Pogo? I think he's trying to knock us all off so we won't pick on him any longer.

Oh dear, I need to watch my back whenever I'm in Rochester. Wait, I usually DO have to watch my back in Rochester, regarless! 50 homicides last year. Yikes.

Mickey'sGirl
01-01-2008, 06:50 PM
:hi: Hey Howdy Hey gang! Alex -- what a way to ring in the New Year! I hope you are recovering well... :hug:

My resolution is to relax and enjoy things a little more. I need to not worry about the things I have no control over, and not stress over life's everyday glitches. Can anyone send me a how to manual? :confused:

Happy New Year's gang -- we took it easy last night -- and Ellen you were kinda right about the making it to midnight thing.... Euan was gone by 8:30, and I dozed off and on after we watched the Bourne Ultimatum...BUT I woke up just before the ball dropped in NYC, and the fireworks exploded here in T.O. Harry wanted to go to Red Lobster for our New Year's Meal today -- so we hit it at about 3 and the boys got their fill of crab legs....They are playing Tennis on the Wii now ... working off the calories!

Caroleh
01-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Yes....I decided to ring in the New Year in style. :D

You rang? :D

:wave: Alex!!! Is this a case of you shall ask and receive? Are you going to keep hiding from us?

Congratulations on hitting 9000!!!

pogo
01-01-2008, 08:26 PM

I can't believe you said that. :shake: What have I ever done to you ??? :confused:

Me too Buddy.... Happy New Year and get well ! :thumbsup:

It's alright, you didn't know! I am allergic to most fruits, actually. Isn't that awful? (it's really not awful, I just need a question)

Oh dear, I need to watch my back whenever I'm in Rochester. Wait, I usually DO have to watch my back in Rochester, regarless! 50 homicides last year. Yikes.
If you quit hanging around Avenue D you wouldn't have to worry about it. :D

My resolution is to relax and enjoy things a little more. I need to not worry about the things I have no control over, and not stress over life's everyday glitches. Can anyone send me a how to manual?
I don't have a manual, but if you hang around me a little more, it will just rub off on you. :D

Tink&Goofy
01-01-2008, 09:24 PM
My resolution is to relax and enjoy things a little more. I need to not worry about the things I have no control over, and not stress over life's everyday glitches. Can anyone send me a how to manual? :confused:

They are playing Tennis on the Wii now ... working off the calories!
Jenn - you and I are too much alike. A couple of years ago, when I was more stressed out than ever, I made the decision to not worry about the things I cannot control. Can't say that I always succeed, but I am constantly reminding myself, and asking "is stressing about it going to make any difference"? Trust me - it does help! I still stress out - but really try to not waste the energy on things I cannot change.

My kids were playing with their new Wii today too! We took it to the In-Laws this weekend, and my MIL who has had hip and knee replacement was bowling, and having a ball!!
So who else has to face the real world and return to work tomorrow?

Beast_fanatic
01-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Congratulations on 9,000 posts, Alex! :fworks: Just how many of those posts earned you a :nono: ? ;)

So, does the New Years baby have a screen name and avatar yet? :D

Of course not! You can't register for INTERCOT until you're 13. :fresh:

drummerboy
01-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Of course not! You can't register for INTERCOT until you're 13. :fresh:
What, a New Year's baby delivered by an Intercotee can't reserve one? :D

Beast_fanatic
01-01-2008, 10:01 PM

Doesn't that seem like you are trying to skirt the rules? :nono: ;)

Caroleh
01-01-2008, 10:04 PM
I can't believe you said that. :shake: What have I ever done to you ??? :confused:

Can't I start the year out by picking on you?:fresh: :hug: You know I don't mean it!!!

Jenn - you and I are too much alike. A couple of years ago, when I was more stressed out than ever, I made the decision to not worry about the things I cannot control. Can't say that I always succeed, but I am constantly reminding myself, and asking "is stressing about it going to make any difference"? Trust me - it does help! I still stress out - but really try to not waste the energy on things I cannot change.

I think we stress out less the older we get. We still stress, but its just less..unless its close to, well, you ladies know what.:blush:

Isn't kinda like a birthright? If your a New Year Baby delivered by an INTERCOTEE then it's your right to have a name and avitar immediately?

Has Alex healed enough that we can really pick on him again? Pogo needs a break!!!!

pogo
01-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Good morning all...... who's back to work today ?? :blush:

This creates a problem in our household because Patti has to work, while I on the other hand, don't have too. So I will drive her to work and come home and work in the office for the rest of this week. Then it's back into appointments next week. :thumbsup:

See you all later ! :D

Caroleh
01-02-2008, 08:14 AM
I'm working today, but then again I had very little time off during the holidays. I think I'm going to have to figure out more time off for Christmas this year..that sounds weird!!!

Now I have to remember to write 08 instead of 07. It's hard enough to remember month each day. Last month I kept writing Nov. instead of Dec.

While reading Christine's trip report she was saying how cold it was suppose to get today. Our high today is going to be 16 F, translated into Celsius -11. So keep warm today, Jenn and Natalie!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Where did I put that question?

alpro2
01-02-2008, 08:27 AM
:wave: Alex!!! Is this a case of you shall ask and receive? Are you going to keep hiding from us?

Congratulations on hitting 9000!!!

Has Alex healed enough that we can really pick on him again? Pogo needs a break!!!!
Yes, you can pick on me (at least you can try to). At this point of recovery, I should be around more now. Does anybody know how Jasper is doing?

trackbarroness
01-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Good Morning all, today I'm off. for which I'm so thankful for. I just got my scedule for next week, and it took them just 2 days to finally post it. Lolol
Next Saturday I start at 600 and work until 1815. You don't suppose I'll be very tired at the end of my work shift do ya now? I'm glad that Christine decided to visit the first aide room instead of just trying to ignore the pains for the family vaca. Much better to take it easy then to push the envolope. This past week alone we were packed at the park. Let me tell ya you could barely get through Tland right in the area that the entrances to Stitch and Monsters Inc. Laugh floor is located because of families trying to decide which ride(show) to ride(watch) first. So that creates a bottle neck there. I heard someone say yesterday that they ought to have crowd control for this area because that works. What would work if guests actually had a plan in place on which attraction to see first. So what's on the docket for the day causins(sp)?

offwego
01-02-2008, 09:18 AM
I think I missed most of our last thread. Is there a recap?

Happy New Year all!

ElenitaB
01-02-2008, 09:20 AM
So is everyone ready for the first day of the 2008 work year? I know I am :geek: Actually, my work day started unexpectedly this morning while watching GMA and seeing a mention of one of my firm's HR initiatives (I track media mentions of our work for our dept).

Yes, you can pick on me (at least you can try to). At this point of recovery, I should be around more now. Does anybody know how Jasper is doing?
Glad that you'll be around more and that you'll feeling better! :thumbsup: We haven't heard from Jasper but :pixie: heads out to him on a regular basis irregardless.

This past week alone we were packed at the park. Let me tell ya you could barely get through Tland right in the area that the entrances to Stitch and Monsters Inc. Laugh floor is located because of families trying to decide which ride(show) to ride(watch) first. So that creates a bottle neck there. I heard someone say yesterday that they ought to have crowd control for this area because that works. What would work if guests actually had a plan in place on which attraction to see first. So what's on the docket for the day causins(sp)?
We cousins are settling back into reality today (at least I'm going to be trying to). Glad to hear that you got a day off today. With the cold expected down your way, it might be nice to stay home and snuggle under the covers.

Speaking of the cold weather, hot cocoa for all today! (Blythe, the peppermint mocha lattes are right over here.) And I still have gingerbread cookies to go with the cocoa, if anyone would like. Marshmallows, anyone?

Have a great day!

offwego
01-02-2008, 10:08 AM
I just wanted to thank you all for the fashion advice. Well except Alex that is. Ken would you believe I don't have yellow shoes?

I settled on a new pinstripe (faintly that is) dark dark almost black suit with a burgandy solid blouse. Still undecided on the shoes.

Hey Jenn are you working the 9th by chance? I know you often have wed. off but wasn't sure if the holidays meant you'd be working or not.

pogo
01-02-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm working today, but then again I had very little time off during the holidays. I think I'm going to have to figure out more time off for Christmas this year..that sounds weird!!!
Does that mean you are not planning a WDW pre-Christmas trip for this
December ?? :confused:

We haven't heard from Jasper yet, but we're glad to see you getting back to normal..... well at least as close to normal you've ever been. :D

I'm glad that Christine decided to visit the first aide room instead of just trying to ignore the pains for the family vaca. Much better to take it easy then to push the envolope. This past week alone we were packed at the park.
Did you and Christine get together this trip ?

I think I missed most of our last thread. Is there a recap?
Sorry..... no recap from me.

So is everyone ready for the first day of the 2008 work year? I know I am !

My work day is going to be a little slow. I took Patti to work and I'm working at home today and probably the rest of the week. Next week will be busy.... I've got to make enough money to put some away for our December trip to WDW.

Who else is trying to go in mid December ? :D

trackbarroness
01-02-2008, 10:21 AM
My hours last week had me off by 1330 I worked, and we were crazy busy. Christine did we meet? If we met it would have been at one of the following attractions. :D Stich, Astro orbitor, or TTA. Also worked strollers which is a nightmare all by it'self. So maybe we did but seeing what happened and they started later in the day. Hopefully they were able to get into the MK before they closed the park. So when are you coming down to visit the world? :D

pogo
01-02-2008, 10:31 AM
So when are you coming down to visit the world? :D

We like coming in late April, but I think we've decided to see WDW at Christmas time. So we're thinking in early to mid December.

What would you suggest ? :D

Mickey'sGirl
01-02-2008, 10:50 AM
I settled on a new pinstripe (faintly that is) dark dark almost black suit with a burgandy solid blouse. Still undecided on the shoes.

Hey Jenn are you working the 9th by chance? I know you often have wed. off but wasn't sure if the holidays meant you'd be working or not.I love pinstripes....sounds like a good outfit.:thumbsup:

As for the whole Wednesday thing....the Holiday's just mean that I get more time off! I have worked only one half day since December 21, and I only used one Vacation day! Don't tell me that you will be in my neck of the woods on that day -- cause that would bite.... Don't you think everyone should change to suit my schedule?

Who else is trying to go in mid December ? :DNot us, but I did just book a couple of days during March break. We're going to drive down to see Brian's parents and we can't be that close and not spend some time with the Mouse!

ElenitaB
01-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Hi, Nat! Good choice on the outfit for the interview! :thumbsup:

So when are you coming down to visit the world? :D
God willing, we'll be in the MK on Wednesday, Feb 13. Do you think we can finally meet the elusive Sandy? I'm still not convinved you're actually real. ;)

disneydeb
01-02-2008, 10:52 AM
I think an early to mid December Disney trip sounds lovely. Around the Christmas dinner table, my DH started talking about OUR next Disney trip to take Gage. He thinks Christmas2009 would be good for us. I am so excited that he is taking the initiutive to begin at least planning the date for it!

When is everyone else planning their next trip?

BriarRose0708
01-02-2008, 10:56 AM
My hours last week had me off by 1330 I worked, and we were crazy busy. Christine did we meet? If we met it would have been at one of the following attractions. :D Stich, Astro orbitor, or TTA. Also worked strollers which is a nightmare all by it'self. So maybe we did but seeing what happened and they started later in the day. Hopefully they were able to get into the MK before they closed the park. So when are you coming down to visit the world? :D

Are the crowds a little bit lighter now that the new year has started? I hope they start to calm down for you soon! I'll be in the World June 4-11, I should start a meet thread soon.

Thanks for the hot chocolate Ellen!

offwego
01-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Jenn, I'll pm you as that may make more sense.

All this early dec stuff makes me think I should start letting the DH talk me into it. I'm trying to be more fiscally aware and get some stuff socked away for the future instead of just the moment but we will see.

So do we still have coffee?

Dsnygirl
01-02-2008, 11:35 AM
So, does the New Years baby have a screen name and avatar yet?
Nope, but I can tell you his real name is Samuel, he is very cute, and he actually was the 1st baby around here locally!! So, of course he & his mom & dad are in the paper today!

Hey Friends -

I know that I normally don't post in the Just Questions thread....however, I also know that this is where most of the folks who supported me during my dark dark days hang out. So, I thought I would post a quick note to wish you all a very Happy New Year!!! and a BIG THANK YOU to each and every one of you who have been praying for me and my family.
I wish you all a very happy & prosperous new year! I hope to have the chance in the near future to meet you all. Until then, however, know what an important part of my healing you all have been!!

Hi John!! Good to see you around here!! You can bet we'll all be hoping that 2008 brings just as much joy and good news to you as you were given in 2007...

Blythe, were those snacks at your house or at the nurses' station?

Blythe, I can't believe that they froze the field at the Bill's stadium and that the hockey game will be outside! These must be the same people who enjoy ice fishing!

The snacks were at our nurses' stations... we were very full by morning!! :blush:

The guys had a great time at the game yesterday, and the pictures are amazing... it looked awesome. They were chilly, but the "liquid heat" in their tummies helped keep them warm....

Yes....I decided to ring in the New Year in style.
Congrats on 9000!! By the time you head back to work, I'll bet you're close to 10K...:D

My resolution is to relax and enjoy things a little more. I need to not worry about the things I have no control over, and not stress over life's everyday glitches. Can anyone send me a how to manual?

I wish... if anyone sends you one, can you send a copy to me??

Good morning all...... who's back to work today ??
If cleaning up your house after the holidays and having the kids home for 12 days qualifies as work, then I am right back at it!! Where did all this stuff come from?????? :blush:

(Blythe, the peppermint mocha lattes are right over here.)
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :notworth:

Who else is trying to go in mid December?
:here:

So when are you coming down to visit the world?
Probably the second week of December, as we've heard the first week and the week after Thanksgiving have gotten pretty busy. What do you think??

Hi all!! Boy, you've all been chatty the past few days... you'd think you were all off work!! ;)

I wish I could say I'm feeling better today (well, actually, I am, but I also know it's just the Ibuprofen speaking...) I'm headed out later to fill a prescription that I'm hoping will be the answer. Anyone had that cough that comes w/ a sore throat/post-nasal drip and seems to attack out of nowhere?? Like mid-sentence, and all of a sudden your throat seizes up, you get this rough tickle back there and think you're about to choke to death?? :ack: Well, that's been me for the past few days... I hate it most when it jerks me out of sleep and I about fall out of bed trying to get the water bottle fast enough to keep me from coughing... :blush:

... but other than being a little under the weather, things around here are good -- today's my "clean up" and re-enter the real world day... when do you all take your Christmas decorations down??

Mickey'sGirl
01-02-2008, 11:37 AM
I think an early to mid December Disney trip sounds lovely.

All this early dec stuff makes me think I should start letting the DH talk me into it.
Honestly -- we've done it 3 times, and once after Christmas -- PERSONALLY -- October has been our favourite time -- and the Hallowe'en party was just fab. Anyone want to meet us there in March?

offwego
01-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Honestly -- we've done it 3 trimes, and once after Christmas -- PERSONALLY -- October has been our favourite time -- and the Hallowe'en party was just fab. Anyone want to meet us there in March?

Which march?

I love dec for the christmas stuff but our fave time is early november or early feb..the problem with the early dec is the crazy holiday afterwards.

Mickey'sGirl
01-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Which march?
This March. We decided on New Year's Day to drive down to see Brian's parents in Indian Shores FL during March break -- so we will pop over to the ASMo for two nights and three days before settling in at the beach for 3 or 4 days. How's that for not making it to WDW this year?

pogo
01-02-2008, 11:43 AM
I think an early to mid December Disney trip sounds lovely.

When is everyone else planning their next trip?

All this early dec stuff makes me think I should start letting the DH talk me into it.

Probably the second week of December, as we've heard the first week and the week after Thanksgiving have gotten pretty busy. What do you think??I have been looking at December 11th to the 18th. Do those dates sound good ? :D

pogo
01-02-2008, 11:50 AM
This March. We decided on New Year's Day to drive down to see Brian's parents in Indian Shores FL during March break -- so we will pop over to the ASMo for two nights and three days before settling in at the beach for 3 or 4 days. How's that for not making it to WDW this year?
OK..... but did you buy annual passes also ? :D

disneydrmr
01-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Hey all! I'll be scarce... got caught by the VP of the company this morning playing on the web and he told me I need to not be on it. So I better lay low.... hope you guys won't miss me too much. I'll try to pop on when I know he's not in the office.

Can someone think of a question for me?

Dsnygirl
01-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Not bad!! I'm trying to "not go" this spring with Dan if he has a company trip to Orlando in Feb!! :thumbsup:

I have been looking at December 11th to the 18th. Do those dates sound good ? :D
Perfect!! We're thinking the 9th - 16th... :D

Hey all! I'll be scarce... got caught by the VP of the company this morning playing on the web and he told me I need to not be on it. So I better lay low.... hope you guys won't miss me too much. I'll try to pop on when I know he's not in the office.

:( ... we'll miss you around here during the day!! Sorry he was grouchy about it...

...yup... here's your question... "If my work is done, why do you care??" Sorry - must be the disgruntled side of my view of management coming out. In general, I understand the "no Internet" viewpoint b/c of how it can be misused and abused... it's just stinky when it hits home to those that don't misuse it. :(

Anyway - on the up side - will you be around here more often in the evening, then??

pogo
01-02-2008, 01:12 PM
How about... if you are sitting in a square room with one window on each side, a polar bear walks by each window heading south, where are you ? :D

Perfect!! We're thinking the 9th - 16th...
Tuesday to Tuesday ??? :confused: Why's that ? :D

offwego
01-02-2008, 01:26 PM
How about... if you are sitting in a square room with one window on each side, a polar bear walks by each window heading south, where are you ? :D

In trouble? Is this a Jenn joke?

Dsnygirl
01-02-2008, 01:29 PM
How about... if you are sitting in a square room with one window on each side, a polar bear walks by each window heading south, where are you ?

Tuesday to Tuesday ??? :confused: Why's that ? :D
Alaska???

Mostly to keep airfare costs down... we may look into flying out of Rochester or Buffalo, and if the fares are better, then it may end up being the 5th - 14th.

ElenitaB
01-02-2008, 01:38 PM
I wish I could say I'm feeling better today (well, actually, I am, but I also know it's just the Ibuprofen speaking...) I'm headed out later to fill a prescription that I'm hoping will be the answer. Anyone had that cough that comes w/ a sore throat/post-nasal drip and seems to attack out of nowhere?? Like mid-sentence, and all of a sudden your throat seizes up, you get this rough tickle back there and think you're about to choke to death?? :ack: Well, that's been me for the past few days... I hate it most when it jerks me out of sleep and I about fall out of bed trying to get the water bottle fast enough to keep me from coughing... :blush:

... but other than being a little under the weather, things around here are good -- today's my "clean up" and re-enter the real world day... when do you all take your Christmas decorations down??
Being there, doing that on the throat/cough thing. It's basically all dry throat/cough now, but getting better by the day. And it's definitely viral because my white counts were "perfect" last week, according to my NP.

Our tree will come down on the 7th, after Three Kings day. Might be a Latin thing.

Honestly -- we've done it 3 times, and once after Christmas -- PERSONALLY -- October has been our favourite time -- and the Hallowe'en party was just fab. Anyone want to meet us there in March?
I like late Oct/early November too. The heat is stifling and the crowds aren't too bad. We'd love to join you all in March. Don't you hate when "want" and "can" don't match up?

Sorry about your run-in with the VP. You could have said something about using the puter to keep warm. My question would be, "What can I do to help Di get a new job?"

Mostly to keep airfare costs down... we may look into flying out of Rochester or Buffalo, and if the fares are better, then it may end up being the 5th - 14th.
Doesn't JetBlue fly to MCO from Syracuse these days? We love their service and if you catch them on the day the dates open up, their fares aren't too bad either.

Well, I guess I should get back to work, huh? I've been having loads of problems today with our mail servers. It's hard not to pop over here when I reboot. :blush:

disneydeb
01-02-2008, 01:42 PM

I know! I know! :yay::muscles::clappy:You are at the North Pole! Do I win a free rip to Disney World?:D

pogo
01-02-2008, 01:43 PM
In trouble? Is this a Jenn joke? :shake: Silly... it's just a question for Diane to borrow ! But do you know the answer ?? :D

Alaska???

Nope.

We try to fly Air Tran our of Rochester. Thursdays are usually cheaper days to fly. We just had a chance to book Air Tran in April for $374 total. :( Then we would have been there for our anniversary. :pout:

We'll wait and see. We will not attempt book until September or October. :D

pogo
01-02-2008, 01:45 PM
I know! I know! :yay::muscles::clappy:You are at the North Pole! Do I win a free rip to Disney World?:D

Congratulations !!!!! Yes you do ! You win a free rip to WDW ! Uhmmm..... what's a rip ?? :funny:

offwego
01-02-2008, 02:12 PM
ok my helpful fashion peeps. (no not you Alex).

Dinner clothes after a day on the train? With a regional President? Likely kinda fancy? Goodness they should tell you this stuff ahead of time shouldn't they?

Dsnygirl
01-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Being there, doing that on the throat/cough thing. It's basically all dry throat/cough now, but getting better by the day. And it's definitely viral because my white counts were "perfect" last week, according to my NP.

Don't you hate when "want" and "can" don't match up?

Doesn't JetBlue fly to MCO from Syracuse these days? We love their service and if you catch them on the day the dates open up, their fares aren't too bad either.

Sorry to hear you've got the same thing... I can handle just about anything, but when that tickle/cough hits mid-word... :mad:

Yup - all the time... :blush:

Funny you should mention that... just checked their airfares for a Fri-Sun flight compared to what Travelocity could find, and wouldn't you know - Jet Blue was cheaper!! :thumbsup: We love them, so I may just wait for their deals to come out, even if it's pretty late in the year... :wait: :whistle:

Congratulations !!!!! Yes you do ! You win a free rip to WDW ! Uhmmm..... what's a rip ?? :funny:
Ummm... you think it's kinda like a :bolt: ???

pogo
01-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Ha ha.... Alex. :fresh:

Dinner clothes after a day on the train? With a regional President? Likely kinda fancy? Goodness they should tell you this stuff ahead of time shouldn't they?
I need more info. Your spending a day on a train with the Regional Pres. ? :confused: Are you dressing for a dinner after or something ? :confused:

Sorry to hear you've got the same thing... I can handle just about anything, but when that tickle/cough hits mid-word...
So I shouldn't call you today to see how you are feeling ? :D

offwego
01-02-2008, 02:58 PM
:

I need more info. Your spending a day on a train with the Regional Pres. ? :confused: Are you dressing for a dinner after or something ?

I'll be taking a train to that big city where Jenn works (aprox 4 hours give or take) then have a meeting & dinner with the regional President (of just are largest region of course). So after a meeting to dry run the tv thing we go out to dinner. (but I likely won't have a chance to change or anything).

Going out in Toronto likely means fancy I would think but could be wrong. Pant suit? Skirt suit? Dress pants with a blazer? How do I dress everyday if this has me stumped?

pogo
01-02-2008, 03:15 PM
I'll be taking a train to that big city where Jenn works (aprox 4 hours give or take) then have a meeting & dinner with the regional President (of just are largest region of course). So after a meeting to dry run the tv thing we go out to dinner. (but I likely won't have a chance to change or anything).

Going out in Toronto likely means fancy I would think but could be wrong. Pant suit? Skirt suit? Dress pants with a blazer? How do I dress everyday if this has me stumped?
First, you need to be comfortable all day. You need to look good (which will be no problem) and you need to look professional. Right ? :confused:

I would have to say Dress pants and Blazer would be a wise choice for the train ride. :thumbsup: But why couldn't you pack a long skirt also, and do a quick change on the train ? :confused:

Are you staying the night or returning on the train ? :D

disneydeb
01-02-2008, 03:17 PM

Well, if you are paying it is about $3,500.00:D

Thanks!
When do I contact MJ?

pogo
01-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Well, if you are paying it is about $3,500.00

Thanks!
When do I contact MJ?

That would be a Trip and not a rip !

How much would a rip cost ??? :confused: In my world, rips are free ! :D

offwego
01-02-2008, 04:11 PM
First, you need to be comfortable all day. You need to look good (which will be no problem) and you need to look professional. Right ? :confused:

I would have to say Dress pants and Blazer would be a wise choice for the train ride. :thumbsup: But why couldn't you pack a long skirt also, and do a quick change on the train ? :confused:

Are you staying the night or returning on the train ? :D
Well on the train I'll have all my junk with me and won't be able to get at my clothes..then there's the whole is my room at the hotel done yet thing. I hate changing in wee little bathrooms as well (in winter with the whole coat purse briefcase I'd need some kinda super hero power don't you think?)

It's an overnight stay since the broadcast is first thing in the am. Maybe I'll pack a fancier top for dinner?

pogo
01-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Well on the train I'll have all my junk with me and won't be able to get at my clothes..then there's the whole is my room at the hotel done yet thing. I hate changing in wee little bathrooms as well (in winter with the whole coat purse briefcase I'd need some kinda super hero power don't you think?)

It's an overnight stay since the broadcast is first thing in the am. Maybe I'll pack a fancier top for dinner?
Relax..... breath deep..... I'm sure you'll look great ! You are a very much the professional and you will pull this off with flying colours ! :thumbsup:

Did I spell that right ? :D

disneydrmr
01-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Sneaking on here real quick! Hope everyone has a great evening!

:( ... we'll miss you around here during the day!! Sorry he was grouchy about it...

...yup... here's your question... "If my work is done, why do you care??" Sorry - must be the disgruntled side of my view of management coming out. In general, I understand the "no Internet" viewpoint b/c of how it can be misused and abused... it's just stinky when it hits home to those that don't misuse it. :(

Anyway - on the up side - will you be around here more often in the evening, then??

Exactly! As long as I'm doing my work and answering the phones when they ring... it's either play on the net or just sit at my desk twiddling my thumbs...

Probably won't be on much in the evening still... it's hard to get DH off the computer...

Not sure where I am in that case.. but I"m sure it would be better than where I am now!

Sorry about your run-in with the VP. You could have said something about using the puter to keep warm. My question would be, "What can I do to help Di get a new job?"

Well, I guess I should get back to work, huh? I've been having loads of problems today with our mail servers. It's hard not to pop over here when I reboot. :blush:

I like your question! Have you come up with an answer yet? :D

Sorry you have having problems today...just kick that server in the modem and I'm sure it'll start behaving!

A rip is what happens when you eat too many Christmas cookies and you bend over to pick something up off of the floor....

Relax..... breath deep..... I'm sure you'll look great ! You are a very much the professional and you will pull this off with flying colours !
Did I spell that right ? :D

Depends on what 'language' you were trying for...

Caroleh
01-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Does that mean you are not planning a WDW pre-Christmas trip for this December ?? :confused:

Not this year. We're talking about a trip in October. I'm not sure if it'll be this one or next. We want to do the Halloween party and the Food and Wine Festival. I'd love to be able to do this year since it's our 10th anniversary, I was think Port of Orleans French Quarter and he wants WL again. I think I got him hooked!!! It all depends on how much moving is going to cost. Besides closing cost(I go to the lawyers office tomorrow) and movers, we want to buy all new furniture, kitchen items(pots, pans, glassware and dishes) and all that fun stuff.

We like coming in late April, but I think we've decided to see WDW at Christmas time. So we're thinking in early to mid December.

What would you suggest ? :D

I'd say early December, since it gets busier the closer it gets to Christmas.

That would be a Trip and not a rip !

How much would a rip cost ??? :confused: In my world, rips are free ! :D

Isn't a rip something you do to your pants when you bend over?

pjbs35a
01-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Did I watch too much Twilight Zone Marathon yesterday ??? I seemed to have been transported to the Frozen North. Temps are to be in the mid-twenties tonight !!! What gives ???

Dsnygirl
01-02-2008, 09:03 PM
So I shouldn't call you today to see how you are feeling ?
As much as I would appreciate it, not so good, you're right... my mom and Dan both tried phone conversations w/ me, and just ended up listening to me cough and hack halfway through.... :blush:

Probably won't be on much in the evening still... it's hard to get DH off the computer...

A rip is what happens when you eat too many Christmas cookies and you bend over to pick something up off of the floor....

Have you tried a hip-check?? Works well in the hockey world...

:funny:

Did I watch too much Twilight Zone Marathon yesterday ??? I seemed to have been transported to the Frozen North. Temps are to be in the mid-twenties tonight !!! What gives ???
Mother Nature... she giveth you our cold temperatures, and taketh your warm ones!! (And giveth them to us next week - we're looking at almost 60 mid-week!! :yay:)

So gang - how's everyone doing? We're putting the girls to bed early tonight as they've been up late the last few, and relaxing ourselves a bit afterwards. I hope you all are doing the same -- what's up for tomorrow??

Tink&Goofy
01-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Yes, you can pick on me (at least you can try to).
OK everyone - he's fair game! :plot:

Not us, but I did just book a couple of days during March break. We're going to drive down to see Brian's parents and we can't be that close and not spend some time with the Mouse!
We're reserved for late March, if we can just find a good airfare....

I wish I could say I'm feeling better today (well, actually, I am, but I also know it's just the Ibuprofen speaking...) I'm headed out later to fill a prescription that I'm hoping will be the answer. Anyone had that cough that comes w/ a sore throat/post-nasal drip and seems to attack out of nowhere?? Like mid-sentence, and all of a sudden your throat seizes up, you get this rough tickle back there and think you're about to choke to death??
:ditto:

I have been looking at December 11th to the 18th. Do those dates sound good ? :D
What happened to the week between Christmas and New Years? Did Christine's trip report scare you off? Our fall back dates would be the week before Christmas, if March doesn't work.

So I shouldn't call you today to see how you are feeling ? :D
You can....but I would suggest holding the hope at least 6 inches from your ear!

So I survived the first day back to work. Need to get dinner going but wanted to "check in". I'll be back later - I need some input from ya'll.

disneydeb
01-02-2008, 09:23 PM
I hope everone is staying warm and comfy tonight.
Did I hear Pogo ripped his pants??:confused:

Caroleh
01-02-2008, 09:31 PM

I think its Ken fault..its this resolution land. Do you think we should have him move us or put Alex and Pogo in charge of builting us a fire to keep warm? Wait that might be a bad idea.

. I hope you all are doing the same -- what's up for tomorrow??

Work and taking paperwork for the house to the lawyer to start the closing process.

pogo
01-02-2008, 09:39 PM
A rip is what happens when you eat too many Christmas cookies and you bend over to pick something up off of the floor
Hear that Sis ? :D

And again, Sis ? :D

As much as I would appreciate it, not so good, you're right... my mom and Dan both tried phone conversations w/ me, and just ended up listening to me cough and hack halfway through.
Have you tried chicken soup ??? :blush:

What happened to the week between Christmas and New Years? Did Christine's trip report scare you off? Our fall back dates would be the week before Christmas, if March doesn't work.

You betcha ! Actually I found out that I had a hard time making appointments after the 15th. So why not try to go when Blythe and Dan and Christine said they could go ??

Did I hear Pogo ripped his pants??
Nice try Sis...... but it was your pants that ripped. :D Don't you love typos when they come at times like that ! :funny:

pogo
01-02-2008, 09:41 PM
A rip is what happens when you eat too many Christmas cookies and you bend over to pick something up off of the floor
Hear that Sis ? :D

And again, Sis ? :D

As much as I would appreciate it, not so good, you're right... my mom and Dan both tried phone conversations w/ me, and just ended up listening to me cough and hack halfway through.
Have you tried chicken soup ??? :blush:

You betcha ! Actually I found out that I had a hard time making appointments after the 15th. So why not try to go when Blythe and Dan and Christine said they could go ?? We'd sure like it if you could be there. :hug:

Did I hear Pogo ripped his pants??
Nice try Sis...... but it was your pants that ripped. :D Don't you love typos when they come at times like that ! :funny:

BronxTigger
01-02-2008, 09:56 PM
So is there really going to be a JQ meet at WDW in December 2008? If so, will it fall over a weekend?

I went back to work today. The building was FREEZING inside! Another teacher said some of her kids were crying because they were so cold.

We get a 3 day weekend in about 2 weeks...I can't wait! I told a teacher I work with for the last 37 1/2 minutes of the day that I didn't want to come back to that school next year and she said I was the 10th person that told her that today. LOL

Anybody know of any job opportunities? I have a liberal arts bachelor's degree and a NYS teaching certificate. :D

Caroleh
01-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Does anyone want to see a picture of my wall hanging (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2876655960093439642hOtAsP)?

Hey Buddy, is it a sign of old age when you start repeating yourself? :D ;) :secret:

Dsnygirl
01-02-2008, 10:09 PM
I hope everone is staying warm and comfy tonight.

Comfy, yes... warm?? Well, so far yes... it's supposed to dip down to about zero tonight, with wind chills in the negatives. :freeze: If it's that cold when I wake up, my girls may be home with me for the day.... did I mention I just got the house clean??? :fit: Oh well... at least I didn't touch the playroom, so all's well... :whew:

Work and taking paperwork for the house to the lawyer to start the closing process.
Yeah for you!! How fun to see it moving closer & closer...

Have you tried chicken soup ???

So why not try to go when Blythe and Dan and Christine said they could go ?? We'd sure like it if you could be there. :hug:

Nope... I usually recommend it, but rarely make it... :blush:

:ditto:

Well all, I'm off to bed to try and kick this cold, virus or whatever it is out of my system... never made it to fill my prescription today, guess I was banking on feeling better by tonight. Not a wise choice... but at least it's time for sleep!

Have a good night, everyone -- see you on the flip side!

pogo
01-02-2008, 10:23 PM
So is there really going to be a JQ meet at WDW in December 2008? If so, will it fall over a weekend?
Well.... Blythe & Christine were talking about going around the 10th or 15th of December. I was thinking I couldn't get away before the
24th. I had planned on going after Christmas, but my business slowed down about the 10th. Now I'm thinking December 11th to the 18th and yes, it covers a weekend.:thumbsup:

Do you think you could go to WDW at that time ?

Does anyone want to see a picture of my wall hanging (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2876655960093439642hOtAsP)?

Hey Buddy, is it a sign of old age when you start repeating yourself?
Good job ! :thumbsup:

:huh:Would you believe the double post was done on purpose in an effort to double my post count ? :D

Well all, I'm off to bed to try and kick this cold, virus or whatever it is out of my system... never made it to fill my prescription today, guess I was banking on feeling better by tonight. Not a wise choice... but at least it's time for sleep!

Have a good night, everyone -- see you on the flip side!
Get some sleep and I hope you feel better tomorrow ! Nitey, nite, Neighbor ! :D

Tink&Goofy
01-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Actually I found out that I had a hard time making appointments after the 15th. So why not try to go when Blythe and Dan and Christine said they could go ?? We'd sure like it if you could be there. :hug:
If I can't find good airfare for March by the end of January, then I will cancel my ressies and book December (at the 11 month window). So what are the big dates for everyone???

Comfy, yes... warm?? Well, so far yes... it's supposed to dip down to about zero tonight, with wind chills in the negatives. :freeze:
Brrrr! We are about average - low 40s in the day, mid 30s at night, and of course...rain.

OK, so I need tome input. There is a position open that I am considering going for - and I have to decide by tomorrow. I'm getting kind of burnt on my current job, and my boss, who I absolutely love working for, is retiring the end of 2008. It really is time. The job would likely be more stressful (but also more challenging), but would require travel (up to 60%). Travel is not local - but nationwide. I really don't mind travel - but its hard on the family. Its more money - but that is not the issue - as I say, Money isn't everything. So all you wise ones out there, what do you think? Give me some input! Those of you that travel, I'd like your views! Maybe you guys have something to add that I hadn't considered yet. What do you think??

Caroleh
01-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Good job ! :thumbsup:

:huh:Would you believe the double post was done on purpose in an effort to double my post count ? :D

Thank you, Buddy!! Okay, I'll believe you.:funny:

OK, so I need tome input. There is a position open that I am considering going for - and I have to decide by tomorrow. I'm getting kind of burnt on my current job, and my boss, who I absolutely love working for, is retiring the end of 2008. It really is time. The job would likely be more stressful (but also more challenging), but would require travel (up to 60%). Travel is not local - but nationwide. I really don't mind travel - but its hard on the family. Its more money - but that is not the issue - as I say, Money isn't everything. So all you wise ones out there, what do you think? Give me some input! Those of you that travel, I'd like your views! Maybe you guys have something to add that I hadn't considered yet. What do you think??

I don't travel with my job, but you have to do what will make you happy. I worked in a factory for 20 years and hated it. Toward the end I went to go to work one day and I couldn't open the door to leave my place to go to work. I sat down and cried my eyes out, try to explain that to your DD. Even though my job now pays a lot less, is more stressful and has a lot more responsiblity on most days I love it. I work with what I love most...fabric. When we moved here I told Gilles that I refused to work in a factory ever again. I spent 20 years in a job I hated and the next 20 will be a job I love. In other words, you have to do what feels right to you. Will you be happy at the new job?

pogo
01-02-2008, 10:44 PM
If I can't find good airfare for March by the end of January, then I will cancel my ressies and book December (at the 11 month window). So what are the big dates for everyone???

Our dates are December 11th until the 18th. Blythes are slightly earlier, like 9th until 16th, maybe. I think Christine was up for suggestions but 11th to the 22nd sounds familar. Will these work for you ? :D

As far as the new job...... how much travel can your childeren handle ? Mommies can take Daddies place but Daddies can never take Mommies place ! 60% travel is stated, but from experience, it will turn into more and at the worst of times. If you were my wife, I'd ask you not to take it because of the childeren. If you were my Mom, I'd beg you not to take it ! Remember.... you asked. :D

drummerboy
01-02-2008, 10:52 PM
We got it last night and I thought I'd share it with my old buddy. You're welcome.

So gang - how's everyone doing? We're putting the girls to bed early tonight as they've been up late the last few, and relaxing ourselves a bit afterwards. I hope you all are doing the same -- what's up for tomorrow??
If we tried to tuck our girls in early, their husbands might object. But the relaxing part sounds good.

1. I think its Ken fault..its this resolution land. Do you think we should have him move us or put Alex and Pogo in charge of builting us a fire to keep warm? Wait that might be a bad idea.

2. Work and taking paperwork for the house to the lawyer to start the closing process.
1. Whoa young lady, what were you thinking? Next you'll be calling on Bret to help them.

2. I think you need to resolve to be nice to your favorite I'cot lawyer. You know we all work in a vast conspiracy and one little call can stir up a world of glitches. :thedolls:

1. Does anyone want to see a picture of my wall hanging (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2876655960093439642hOtAsP)?

2. Hey Buddy, is it a sign of old age when you start repeating yourself? :D ;) :secret:
1. WOW!

2. What? What?

BronxTigger
01-02-2008, 11:05 PM

My gut feeling is that this isn't the one for you right now. Keep looking. You have 12 months before your wonderful boss retires, so find something before the year ends. When you say 60% travel, does that mean you would be away from home more than half the time? Money isn't everything but your family probably is.

I don't travel with my job, but you have to do what will make you happy. I worked in a factory for 20 years and hated it. Toward the end I went to go to work one day and I couldn't open the door to leave my place to go to work. I sat down and cried my eyes out, try to explain that to your DD. Even though my job now pays a lot less, is more stressful and has a lot more responsiblity on most days I love it. I work with what I love most...fabric. When we moved here I told Gilles that I refused to work in a factory ever again. I spent 20 years in a job I hated and the next 20 will be a job I love. In other words, you have to do what feels right to you. Will you be happy at the new job?

I can totally relate about the not being able to leave the house to go to work. That's happened to me before at this job a few times. At one point I was drinking pepto bismol every morning just to get out the door without puking. And yet I'm STILL at this school (for the 3rd year). Is it time for me to leave?

Tink&Goofy
01-02-2008, 11:06 PM
In other words, you have to do what feels right to you. Will you be happy at the new job?
This is the ultimate question! If I only had a crystal ball!!

Our dates are December 11th until the 18th. Blythes are slightly earlier, like 9th until 16th, maybe. I think Christine was up for suggestions but 11th to the 22nd sounds familar. Will these work for you ? :D
If we made it then, we probably wouldn't be able to make it until the 18th - otherwise the kids will miss too much school. Why can't everyone stay just a few days later?

As far as the new job...... how much travel can your childeren handle ? Mommies can take Daddies place but Daddies can never take Mommies place ! 60% travel is stated, but from experience, it will turn into more and at the worst of times. If you were my wife, I'd ask you not to take it because of the childeren. If you were my Mom, I'd beg you not to take it ! Remember.... you asked. :D
Thanks Pogo. It puts it in perspective. If I had my way, I wouldn't work at all - but thats not really an option. I think I need more questions answered first. :confused: Maybe I will put in for it and see if I like the answers before committing to anything. :secret:

Do you realize that we are already past the "over the hump" day? Yep, only 2 more days of work before another weekend! :woohoo: I guess we need to take the tree down this weekend. :blush:

BronxTigger
01-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Well.... Blythe & Christine were talking about going around the 10th or 15th of December. I was thinking I couldn't get away before the
24th. I had planned on going after Christmas, but my business slowed down about the 10th. Now I'm thinking December 11th to the 18th and yes, it covers a weekend.:thumbsup:

Do you think you could go to WDW at that time ?

I'm not sure. How long do I have before I have to make a decision? I won't know until a long time from now. It depends on the finances. I really can't afford another trip to anywhere right now.

Additionally, I'm not sure what my job situation will look like later in the year and if I'll be able to take off any days or not. If it was a weekend it'd be like the Intercot meet...late into WDW on a Friday night and out of WDW Sunday evening. *sighs*

I'm optimistic for 2008 but I don't think I've ever started a year this burned out.

Caroleh
01-02-2008, 11:18 PM
1. Whoa young lady, what were you thinking? Next you'll be calling on Bret to help them.

2. I think you need to resolve to be nice to your favorite I'cot lawyer. You know we all work in a vast conspiracy and one little call can stir up a world of glitches. :thedolls:

1. WOW!

1. I thought of Bret when I wrote it. I thought Alex and Pogo would make a bigger fire then Bret!!!

2. I thought of asking you, but you know the International thing, so I thought I'd use a local lawyer who's been practicing in the town for at least 33 yrs.

Thank you, Ken. I told you I love to be creative!!!

I can totally relate about the not being able to leave the house to go to work. That's happened to me before at this job a few times. At one point I was drinking pepto bismol every morning just to get out the door without puking. And yet I'm STILL at this school (for the 3rd year). Is it time for me to leave?

Isn't it a really awful feeling? I knew it was the end for me. Luckily, I knew I would be quitting and leaving the area in a few monthes. I know I never want to be in that position again.

Tink&Goofy
01-02-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm optimistic for 2008 but I don't think I've ever started a year this burned out.
Ditto. And this year is shaping up to be extremely busy, and very stressful. I think thats all the more reason to go to WDW, don't you?

Beast_fanatic
01-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Who else is trying to go in mid December ?

Me! :wave:

That sounds about like what we were considering although we haven't nailed anything down yet.

Did I spell that right ?

Yes, you did spell "that" correctly. :fresh:

Travel gets old pretty fast, and I agree that if they say it will be 60%, that it will probably be much more. :(

Would you get to come to Dallas? ;)

pogo
01-02-2008, 11:40 PM
If we made it then, we probably wouldn't be able to make it until the 18th - otherwise the kids will miss too much school. Why can't everyone stay just a few days later?

Thanks Pogo. It puts it in perspective. If I had my way, I wouldn't work at all - but thats not really an option. I think I need more questions answered first. :confused: Maybe I will put in for it and see if I like the answers before committing to anything.
Because we have to get ready for Christmas ! And the crowds get really really bad ! Know what I mean ? :blush:

Good luck with your job decision. :hug: your kids before you go to work tomorrow and trust your heart ! :D

Me! :wave:

That sounds about like what we were considering although we haven't nailed anything down yet.

Yes, you did spell "that" correctly. :fresh:

I'd love to meet you just to see if your finger really goes:nono:

And I really want to meet you, Bethany. I hope we can work something out that can include you.

I think Mikki was also inquireing. I need to give her a tennis lesson and December might be just the time ! :D

BronxTigger
01-02-2008, 11:59 PM

And I really want to meet you, Bethany. I hope we can work something out that can include you.

For what it's worth, my finger really does go :nono: while I'm at work. And the funny thing is that I'm doing that and thinking about JQ so sometimes I'm doing that at some kid I'm mad at and laughing about JQ at the same time. Oops.

Awww....I missed the JQ meet at I'cot's 10th AND the JQ, err "Upstate NY" meet. I'd really like to meet you too. Along with everybody else on this thread that I haven't met or gotten to know. When will I finally meet everybody?

And when will I be ready to sleep? I'm still on "vacation sleep schedule"!

Tink&Goofy
01-03-2008, 01:47 AM
Would you get to come to Dallas? ;)
Maybe. :D

Good luck with your job decision. :hug: your kids before you go to work tomorrow and trust your heart ! :D

I put DD5 to bed tonight. I never get tired of hearing her little voice say "I love you too, mommy!" :blush:

Yes, it does...I saw it!! Do you believe me?

Maybe the easy job solution is to quit, and go to work at Starbucks. Somehow I don't think they would match my pay. :D And I would likely drink up all the profits! :D

pjbs35a
01-03-2008, 06:42 AM
We got it last night and I thought I'd share it with my old buddy. You're welcome.

What are friends for, right ??? It is colder on the inside of the house than it usually is on the outside. And mentioning the outside, it's about 25. :freeze: This can't be good for my award winning legs.

pogo
01-03-2008, 07:20 AM
Goog morning all.... darn it's so cold today. We are getting a litle busier and I'll be out of the office early and be back around noon. :D

Awww....I missed the JQ meet at I'cot's 10th AND the JQ, err "Upstate NY" meet. I'd really like to meet you too. Along with everybody else on this thread that I haven't met or gotten to know. When will I finally meet everybody?

Some day..... some day we'll meet everyone from "JQ". I too missed I'cot's 10th and there are a lot of people I want to meet. :yes:

I put DD5 to bed tonight. I never get tired of hearing her little voice say "I love you too, mommy!"
Awwww.... how sweet ! :blush:

What are friends for, right ??? It is colder on the inside of the house than it usually is on the outside. And mentioning the outside, it's about 25. :freeze: This can't be good for my award winning legs.
What a whiner ! You should be up here in upstate New York ! Do you think you could handle it ??? It's below zero with the windchill ! :(

Caroleh
01-03-2008, 07:52 AM
I put DD5 to bed tonight. I never get tired of hearing her little voice say "I love you too, mommy!" :blush:

T & G, I think that should answer your question about the job. Would you miss that when you were away?

disneydrmr
01-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Morning all! Getting a quick post in before the 'mean vp' shows up!

Who's whining about the cold? It's freezing here too - with over an inch of snow on the ground... my house is only about 64 degrees on the inside and it's quite cold.. and my office ain't much warmer.

So, there's gonna be a JQ meet in Dec? Wish I could make it. But this is our 15th anniversary year and that is in November so we'll be going away for that week.

So, who's spreading the germs around here? My throat is bothering me today and I'm not feeling the greatest....

drummerboy
01-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Goog morning all....

It's pretty goog here too. Just two days ago I was out in short sleeves and now it's in the mid-twenties. For us'ns, that's like the minuses. Also very rough on the electric bills when you have nothing but heat pumps.

Di, I just noticed your 'location' at the top right of your posts. :thumbsup:

Anybody got a couple of layers I can borrow?

offwego
01-03-2008, 08:50 AM
As far as the new job...... how much travel can your childeren handle ? Mommies can take Daddies place but Daddies can never take Mommies place ! 60% travel is stated, but from experience, it will turn into more and at the worst of times. If you were my wife, I'd ask you not to take it because of the childeren. If you were my Mom, I'd beg you not to take it ! Remember.... you asked.
Pogo dear, I'm going to agree to disagree with this. My DH has stayed home with William (for a 11 months when we moved the first time) and has often been the first in line for the dr's dentist, school stuff instead of myself due to the job I have and the after hours stuff & travel it's required. William's just fine with it (and we keep him very involved in it) it's just a question of making sure there is balance within the family. What's that saying if Momma aint' happy aint' nobody happy?

What are friends for, right ??? It is colder on the inside of the house than it usually is on the outside. And mentioning the outside, it's about 25. :freeze: This can't be good for my award winning legs. Frankie could you stop with the virus thing please? Sniffles are not my big plan for 2008.

alpro2
01-03-2008, 08:51 AM

Is that like Marshmallow Peeps?

Like eating too many buckeyes? BTW...I didn't get any this year. :mad:

Do you think we should have him move us or put Alex and Pogo in charge of builting us a fire to keep warm? Wait that might be a bad idea.

Pogo has plenty of gas to start the fire. :D

Travelling for a living can be very difficult when you have a family. I like what I do and it can be nice to see many different places, but it can get very stressful. When people say that I am "lucky" because I travel, I just laugh. People get to go home at 5:00....but I get to go home tomorrow (or the next day).

Mickey'sGirl
01-03-2008, 09:02 AM
:hi: Mornin' all! Hey Alex, How you doing?

My oldest brother travels at least 2 weeks of every month. It's great for the airmiles, but it is very stressful on his family, as Alex has stated. Dave also feels that he misses out on a lot.

DH travels periodically -- I don't travel for work at all (although periodic travel would not be an issue for me). I don't think I could do long stints unless my family was with me.

It is really cold up here today. -17C (1F) pre-windchill..... Now where did I put my longjohns??!!

offwego
01-03-2008, 09:07 AM
[QUOTE=Mickey'sGirl;1506352It is really cold up here today. -17C (1F) pre-windchill..... Now where did I put my longjohns??!![/QUOTE]

I have some clean in the dryer will that help? It's not quite as cold here (I think -10 or so) perhaps you should travel here?

Mickey'sGirl
01-03-2008, 09:09 AM
I have some clean in the dryer will that help? It's not quite as cold here (I think -10 or so) perhaps you should travel here?
Just checked the Wind Chill too... -24C (-12F) .... I think I'll need to borrow Matt's LJ's, thanks Nat! I guess going down your way would be like going to the sunny south, wouldn't it?

offwego
01-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Just checked the Wind Chill too... -24C (-12F) .... I think I'll need to borrow Matt's LJ's, thanks Nat! I guess going down your way would be like going to the sunny south, wouldn't it?

Yep it's not called the Sun Parlour for nothing. (and they were Matt's LJ's...I'm not much of a LJ girl he's soo much smarter about that stuff then me)

So I still have some Holiday blend coffee anyone want some?

Dsnygirl
01-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Good morning everybody!! Brrrrrrrrrr, it's cold around here -- but very sunny, so that sure helps!! Did I mention that next week we're looking at almost 60??? :D

Well, I was considering the 9th through 16th or 17th, but did a little research on airline prices and the prices to go a bit longer weren't too bad, so we're thinking maybe the 4th - 14th. (Let me rephrase that, before Dan reads this and goes into cardia arrest -- I'M thinking of the longer dates... negotiations will begin later... :blush: ) I'd love to go later, but from what I've heard about the crowds, I don't really want to deal with them - and I don't want to get back only a few days before the girls are out of school for the holidays. So - I'm thinking we're somewhere within these dates. But we won't make any firm decisions/reservations until sometime this spring, most likely.

As far as your job dilemma - I know I'm too late to offer input, as you had to have a decision today - but since you seem more committed to family time and have already said that 2008 looks to be a very busy/stressful year, if $$ isn't the reason to take the job, I'd stay put and wait it out a bit. Why add more travel and stress into the mix for something you're not sure will make you happier? My dad always said, "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't!" :thedolls: I guess if you knew for sure what was involved and that it was something that would be really great & fulfilling, with the side benefit of more $$, then I'd say to look at it more strongly - but the flip side is that your DD5 will only be this little for a bit longer - and I get the distinct impression you'd like to be around more for that. So - I think your idea of checking into it today is a good one, so you'll have more to go on - but my gut reaction is to stay put for awhile and enjoy more time with your family... from all you've said, they're more important to you than anything, and that's awesome!! :thumbsup:

If we tried to tuck our girls in early, their husbands might object. But the relaxing part sounds good.

You're too funny...

Do you realize that we are already past the "over the hump" day? Yep, only 2 more days of work before another weekend! I guess we need to take the tree down this weekend.
(Sad face... ran out of smilies...) I hope our dates can mesh somehow, if you change from March... when are your girls usually out of school??

I have to work tonight, so tonight's my "hump day"... then I'm off 'til Monday night! We'll be doing the tree thing, too... too bad, b/c we've really enjoyed it this year, more than we expected! (Our house is so much smaller, we thought it'd take up too much room, but we re-arranged and really like how it looks!)

I'm not sure. How long do I have before I have to make a decision? I won't know until a long time from now. It depends on the finances. I really can't afford another trip to anywhere right now.

You've got plenty of time... it sounds like most of us aren't committing to anything specific until sometime late this spring. So don't worry about it yet, and just start putting a little bit away, just in case!! ;) I'd love to see you again!

Me!

Yeah!!

Trust me, it really does... ;)

It's pretty goog here too.
"Goog"?? Boy, you must be cold... what's "goog"??

Well, I'm off in a little bit to go get that darned prescription, and a couple more bins for our Christmas stuff. We have been systematically getting rid of old boxes and transferring everything into bins... quite an overhaul, but after about 3hrs in the basement yesterday, I have to say - what a difference!! So, I'm off for more... :blush:

pogo
01-03-2008, 11:48 AM
So, there's gonna be a JQ meet in Dec? Wish I could make it. But this is our 15th anniversary year and that is in November so we'll be going away for that week.
I'm still not sure.... I'm fighting the April urge. Is there any chance you might be able to go and celebrate your anniversary in December ???? :confused:

It's pretty goog here too.
Et tu, Ken ??? :shake:

Pogo dear, I'm going to agree to disagree with this. My DH has stayed home with William (for a 11 months when we moved the first time) and has often been the first in line for the dr's dentist, school stuff instead of myself due to the job I have and the after hours stuff & travel it's required. William's just fine with it (and we keep him very involved in it) it's just a question of making sure there is balance within the family. What's that saying if Momma aint' happy aint' nobody happy?
First of all :hug: Second.... don't you think it is different with a five year old girl than it would be with a boy ??? :blush:

Pogo has plenty of gas to start the fire.
Oh yeah.... he's feeling better ! :D

Well, I was considering the 9th through 16th or 17th, but did a little research on airline prices and the prices to go a bit longer weren't too bad, so we're thinking maybe the 4th - 14th. (Let me rephrase that, before Dan reads this and goes into cardia arrest -- I'M thinking of the longer dates... negotiations will begin later... :blush: ) I'd love to go later, but from what I've heard about the crowds, I don't really want to deal with them - and I don't want to get back only a few days before the girls are out of school for the holidays. So - I'm thinking we're somewhere within these dates. But we won't make any firm decisions/reservations until sometime this spring, most likely.

"Goog"?? Boy, you must be cold... what's "goog"??
Don't worry Dan.... I'll work on her for ya !

A "Goog: is a cold, "good" ! Actually it was a typo ! There.... are you happy now ??? :D

offwego
01-03-2008, 12:08 PM
First of all :hug: Second.... don't you think it is different with a five year old girl than it would be with a boy ??? :blush:

And a big hug to you back!! I don't really think so. William is his mamma's boy no question. (any child who explains gross margin at the age of 8 correctly and then asks the owner of the plant to talk to his mom about buying some new equipment to improve it is so my child!).

I just think it's about involving the child where possible. William used to come in to help me manage my Saturday shifts (he's be in charge of the tick sheet for the lunch order etc) at the age of 4. He's attended grand openings, golf games (for kids) dinners etc with clients and is always in the loop..that's the key thing for us. Can you involve the child or will it always be mom/dad just leaving? I couldn't do it if he couldn't be involved.

Nascfan
01-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Is everyone doing their best to stay warm?

My goodness but it's cold out!
How many days 'till Spring?

pogo
01-03-2008, 01:59 PM
And a big hug to you back!! I don't really think so. William is his mamma's boy no question. (any child who explains gross margin at the age of 8 correctly and then asks the owner of the plant to talk to his mom about buying some new equipment to improve it is so my child!).

I just think it's about involving the child where possible. William used to come in to help me manage my Saturday shifts (he's be in charge of the tick sheet for the lunch order etc) at the age of 4. He's attended grand openings, golf games (for kids) dinners etc with clients and is always in the loop..that's the key thing for us. Can you involve the child or will it always be mom/dad just leaving? I couldn't do it if he couldn't be involved.
Do you think I'm kind of old fashioned ??? :D

Is everyone doing their best to stay warm?

Way to many !:D

Dsnygirl
01-03-2008, 04:21 PM

Way to many!
:( 77, according to my calendar... :cry: :sad: :sob:

So - where'd you all go?? Just because I left to go run errands didn't mean you all had to vacate the building... :D

Did you all know tomorrow's Friday?? :yay: :joy:

pogo
01-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Did you all know tomorrow's Friday??
Did you know you're sounding a lot like Diane ?? :D

pjbs35a
01-03-2008, 06:34 PM
What a whiner ! You should be up here in upstate New York ! Do you think you could handle it ??? It's below zero with the windchill ! :(

:spy: 's don't whine, we just change the weather. Would you like it to be a little warmer in New York ???

Frankie could you stop with the virus thing please? Sniffles are not my big plan for 2008.

Virus thing should stop in one week to ten days with bed rest, plenty of liquids, chicken soup, and some over the counter meds. How's that for action ???

Caroleh
01-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Pogo has plenty of gas to start the fire. :D

He's back!!! Now that's the Alex I really enjoy!!!! :hug:

Sorry, Scott, no spring. Pogo hid it. Since he's not planning to go to WDW in April, there will be no spring. :shrug:

Okay, I think I have a really ornery streak. We are having our annual Christmas party on the 19th. We have one staff member that always falls asleep at the restaurant. She doesn't talk to anyone and nods off. Well, I suggested that this year when she falls asleep to move to a different table or play musical chairs. She falls asleep, we all move 1 chair, bump the table so she wakes up and when she falls asleep again we move again. Is that mean or just plain ornery? So far everyone is laughing about it. She is the only staff member that isn't any fun!!!

Where's Jym hiding? Is he chasing possums or fixing up a nursery?

disneydrmr
01-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Di, I just noticed your 'location' at the top right of your posts. :thumbsup:

Anybody got a couple of layers I can borrow?

Glad you like it!

Layers? What do you need layed? Bricks? Pavers? Cakes?

Like eating too many buckeyes? BTW...I didn't get any this year. :mad:

Hmmmm.. you didn't get the box we sent? I sent it addressed to Alex/Alpro, NY...

I'm still not sure.... I'm fighting the April urge. Is there any chance you might be able to go and celebrate your anniversary in December ????

I wish! I did contact Magical Journeys for a qoute for November...but by the time we pay for the hotel/tickets.. add on the airfare.. and we gotta eat.. welp.. it's a bit out of our reach. But you could always pray for me to win the lotto jackpot - THEN I would more than happily meet up with all of you in December! And I'll even buy all of you a MIckey Ice Cream bar! :D

I thought you wanted to skip right over spring and get on into summer so you can go to Disney!

Did you all know tomorrow's Friday?

I've been waiting for Friday all week long!

Did you know you're sounding a lot like Diane ??

And WHAT is wrong with that? Hmmmm.. should I send her one of my pens? :D

Okay, I think I have a really ornery streak. We are having our annual Christmas party on the 19th. We have one staff member that always falls asleep at the restaurant. She doesn't talk to anyone and nods off. Well, I suggested that this year when she falls asleep to move to a different table or play musical chairs. She falls asleep, we all move 1 chair, bump the table so she wakes up and when she falls asleep again we move again. Is that mean or just plain ornery? So far everyone is laughing about it. She is the only staff member that isn't any fun!!!

I think it's ornery.... but sounds like a lot of fun! So is this a late Christmas party for Christmas 2007 or an early one for 2008?

Caroleh
01-03-2008, 07:50 PM
I think it's ornery.... but sounds like a lot of fun! So is this a late Christmas party for Christmas 2007 or an early one for 2008?

That's what Gilles said. Actually he wants to watch us!!! It's a late one. We always celebrate in Jan. It's so hard to find a place to eat and trying to get everyone together. The management of the place is so much of a pain..the manager(this is me) doesn't want to drive over to Milton on her days off and the assistant manager doesn't want to see the staff on her day off, so on the 3rd Sat. of Jan there is always a members day sale and all the staff has to work, so no one can complain!!! Make any sense?

Do you think I should hire entertainment for this years party? Alex, Ken and Pogo are you available?

Dsnygirl
01-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Did you know you're sounding a lot like Diane ?? :D
Thank you... I consider that a compliment!! :D

:spy: 's don't whine, we just change the weather. Would you like it to be a little warmer in New York ???

Yes, please.... :blush:

So - who's around tonight?? I'm back at work, and we've got lots of babies on the way, so I may not be around much later.

T&G - how'd it go today??

pogo
01-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Yes, I would, thank you. When do you think you can make that happen ????? :confused:

I think he's working overtime so he can arrange a WDW trip for three instead of two. :D

And WHAT is wrong with that? Hmmmm.. should I send her one of my pens?

Do you think I should hire entertainment for this years party? Alex, Ken and Pogo are you available?
Can you afford us ???? That is the question ! :D

That's what I'd like know. :D

Blythe.........Sorry I missed your call today, returning the call you missed, but I was picking Patti up from work.

Tell Julia I heard her say "hi". :D

Caroleh
01-03-2008, 08:33 PM
I think he's working overtime so he can arrange a WDW trip for three instead of two. :D

Can you afford us ???? That is the question ! :D

I PM'ed him to ask him something, he responded wanting to know if I'd babysit...I told him I would at WDW(I'll do almost anything for a free trip, would you?)Even eat at McMonald's right Pogo?:D

It would be a free meal!!! It's going to be at Boston Pizza!!! I'd even spring for drinks, for a more entertaining evening!!!

Tink&Goofy
01-03-2008, 09:11 PM
T & G, I think that should answer your question about the job. Would you miss that when you were away?
Yep. When I travel (not as frequently) the cell phone is an amazing device. I let them call me whenever they want!

My dad always said, "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't!" :thedolls:
True....VERY true!

Nope. Not when they are real young. (Maybe as a tween or teen).

Do you think I'm kind of old fashioned ??? :D
Maybe...but whats wrong with that? :D

So - who's around tonight?? I'm back at work, and we've got lots of babies on the way, so I may not be around much later.

I'll be around some tonight. Here's hoping its a calm evening for you!

Last night and today were alot of soul searching and thinking.... In the end I decided NOT to put in for the position. I really want a change, but this was not the right one. I was concerned about so much travel - I could take 25-30% travel, but more than half the time was just too much. Also, I had to think long and hard about if it was really the job I wanted. I finally decided No. I have a couple of other things I would rather do....if they would ever come available. So it looks like same old, same old. Oh well, its worked for the past 20 plus years. Besides, things are going to be heating up very soon, and life could be very interesting! So thanks for the input - I knew I could rely on you guys to make me think.....

So whats for dinner? How bout some hot tomato soup and grilled cheese? I'll even have goldfish crackers for the soup! :D

Nascfan
01-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Sorry, Scott, no spring. Pogo hid it. Since he's not planning to go to WDW in April, there will be no spring. :shrug:

So we can just skip spring and go right to summer? Sounds like a plan! Wait, didn't Di just say that about 2 posts below? Whoa, scary, thinking like Diane. Haha! Love ya Di!

Oh, and your plan of musical chairs sounds like fun! Something I would enjoy doing.

pogo
01-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Last night and today were alot of soul searching and thinking.... In the end I decided NOT to put in for the position.
I know this was a hard decision for you to make......but have I said how proud I am to be your cyber friend ???? :hug: You are a good Mommy ! :thumbsup:

Your time will come when you feel a new job is right !:D

Tink&Goofy
01-03-2008, 10:53 PM
So whats better than hot tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches? When someone else makes it! DD made dinner tonight! (No, not the 5 year old!)

I know this was a hard decision for you to make......but have I said how proud I am to be your cyber friend ???? :hug: You are a good Mommy ! :thumbsup:

Your time will come when you feel a new job is right !:D
Thanks pogo. I really am ready for a change, but I will finally be seeing the results of all of my hard work over the last new years come through within the next few months (so will alot of others, once it hits the press.:blush:) So I will just hope that other grand opportunities come by within the next year! Besides, I may be coming to NY the beginning of next month. No, not to upstate - but to Long Island. Should know before too long.

So is it any warmer out there tonight?

pjbs35a
01-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbs35a

Yes, I would, thank you. When do you think you can make that happen ????? :confused:

Sometime in July ???

ElenitaB
01-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Besides, I may be coming to NY the beginning of next month. No, not to upstate - but to Long Island. Should know before too long.
When will you know when you're coming? Because this selfish JQer is very excited that you'll be coming to my stomping grounds! Can we get together while you're here??

Just zooping in to say hi! I have lots of catching up to do, but wanted to say Happy BDay to Jasper, and also to ship out some :pixie: to Jasper and to Di's niece. See y'all tomorrow!

Dsnygirl
01-04-2008, 05:23 AM
Blythe.........Sorry I missed your call today, returning the call you missed, but I was picking Patti up from work.

Tell Julia I heard her say "hi". :D
That's okay - we'll touch base soon, I'm sure!! And Julia will be so glad to hear you heard her!! :thumbsup:

Last night and today were alot of soul searching and thinking.... In the end I decided NOT to put in for the position. I really want a change, but this was not the right one. I was concerned about so much travel - I could take 25-30% travel, but more than half the time was just too much. Also, I had to think long and hard about if it was really the job I wanted. I finally decided No. I have a couple of other things I would rather do....if they would ever come available. So it looks like same old, same old. Oh well, its worked for the past 20 plus years. Besides, things are going to be heating up very soon, and life could be very interesting! So thanks for the input - I knew I could rely on you guys to make me think.....

Good for you... sometimes all it takes is sleeping on it and letting a few others into your mindframe to help how you really feel take shape... I bet you'll find just what you're looking for right when you're ready for it!! :)

I really am ready for a change, but I will finally be seeing the results of all of my hard work over the last new years come through within the next few months (so will alot of others, once it hits the press.:blush:) So I will just hope that other grand opportunities come by within the next year! Besides, I may be coming to NY the beginning of next month. No, not to upstate - but to Long Island. Should know before too long.

So is it any warmer out there tonight?
So -- what's hitting the press?? Care to share?? (or at least tell us when and where to read about it... :blush:) And I'm sad you won't be coming up our way... :(

Nope... no warmer... it was 5 degrees on my ride in, and that was at 6:30pm!! :freeze:

Well, I know none of you are awake out there at this point, even you, T&G.... I hope you're all sleeping soundly, and I'll put coffee out for you before I go to bed!!

trackbarroness
01-04-2008, 05:39 AM
Suppose to be in the 60's here today, but it's in the 40's right now. So what's wrong with this picture? Okay who gave me the sniffles? I can't go to work with a runny nose now can I?

pogo
01-04-2008, 07:21 AM
Good morning all ! Has anybody heard from Christine ??????

Thanks pogo. I really am ready for a change, but I will finally be seeing the results of all of my hard work over the last new years come through within the next few months (so will alot of others, once it hits the press.:blush:) So I will just hope that other grand opportunities come by within the next year! Besides, I may be coming to NY the beginning of next month. No, not to upstate - but to Long Island. Should know before too long.
You are welcome. I wish you were coming up this way. You'd really see snow then !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbs35a

Sometime in July ???
If you are such a good :spy: why can't you make it happen sooner...... like say tomorrow ?? :confused:

That's okay - we'll touch base soon, I'm sure!! And Julia will be so glad to hear you heard her!!
I thougt it was cute the way she snuck it in on you. :funny:

Okay who gave me the sniffles? I can't go to work with a runny nose now can I?
Well.... you can, but you'll be giving more than good service to people if you do ! :D I hope you feel better !

disneydrmr
01-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Sneaking in my quick post before that vp shows up and before I have to go to my Diversity Training....

just skimmed over posts... hugs to everyone!
Christine - are you out there? Pogo is really missing you! He's pacing the floors so much he's making the rest of us nervous!

So Pogo... you don't like when I wish my week away.. so please close your eyes and skim this next sentence.. "I wish it were spring"... man! I can't stand this cold!

What's for lunch?

Mickey'sGirl
01-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Well, I know none of you are awake out there at this point, even you, T&G.... I hope you're all sleeping soundly, and I'll put coffee out for you before I go to bed!!Actually by 5:23, I've been up for 3 minutes already! Just got some coffee now, however....

So whats better than hot tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches? When someone else makes it! DD made dinner tonight! (No, not the 5 year old!) That's a great meal ... I wonder though that you might be letting DD5 slack off a bit. Maybe get her to whip up some pancakes for you this morning....;)

When will you know when you're coming? Because this selfish JQer is very excited that you'll be coming to my stomping grounds! Can we get together while you're here??I am so fighting the urge to head to NYC ... I really miss it (haven't been in a couple of years) ... wouldn't that be a great 15th anniversary outing?

Howdy Cousin! :hi: .... and happy Friday to you all. :mickey:

alpro2
01-04-2008, 09:01 AM
He's back!!! Now that's the Alex I really enjoy!!!!

Did you think that I was abducted by a :spy: named Q? :D

We are available for birthdays, bar mitzvahs, engagement parties, etc....

disneydeb
01-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Morning All! I am beginning to worry about Christine.

It is cold here too!
T&G, I've been following your saga, and I think you have made a good decision. Girls need their mom even more as teens than when their younger.:thumbsup:

I've got to run, I wantto get my decorations down before I go back to school on Monday.:)

AND The plumber is coming in to put in a new drain line.

Who is having oatmeal for breakfast?

offwego
01-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Do you think I'm kind of old fashioned ??? That's ok I'm likely a bit too new fashioned...balance is good remember?

What's the 5 day option? I'm so not going to have this next wed.

[QUOTE=Caroleh;1506938] So far everyone is laughing about it. She is the only staff member that isn't any fun!!!

Carol, I get the idea (and it is funny) but it isn't pracitcal since you'll have to move all your food!! Could you just move some other stuff around? Like paper hats on everyone or something?

drummerboy
01-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Did you think that I was abducted by a :spy: named Q? :D

We are available for birthdays, bar mitzvahs, engagement parties, etc....
Would you believe, I've already sung at a wedding and a funeral, but no bar mitzvah yet?

Can you believe it's Friday already? What will I do next week when it's a full five days of work? Actually, I hope there's more work to do than there was this week. The old piggy bank's gettin' mighty hungry.

Somebody sent me a joke that you would enjoy, Pogo. To keep it very short--a doctor and then a preacher showed up at the pearly gates and were each shown the way through the gates. A musician showed up and was told to go to the back, up the freight elevator, through the kitchen.... Anybody else that's played in a band would understand. :D

I finally figured out what I want for my birthday next week. (No, a trip to WDW isn't even in the far future right now.) I want one of those boxes that converts analog sound to digital sound, so I can get selections from my old records and tapes into the computer. Now if I can just find a working 8-track player...

Who wants to go to the auction with us tomorrow night?

pogo
01-04-2008, 10:20 AM
So Pogo... you don't like when I wish my week away.. so please close your eyes and skim this next sentence.. "I wish it were spring"... man! I can't stand this cold!
Oh my God ! :faint:

I am so fighting the urge to head to NYC ... I really miss it (haven't been in a couple of years)

Howdy Cousin! .... and happy Friday to you all.
:hi: Cousin.... are you tempted to go to the Intercot, NY City Meet this Sunday ?

AND The plumber is coming in to put in a new drain line.

Be carefull you don't look at the plumber when he bends over or :eyes:

That's ok I'm likely a bit too new fashioned...balance is good remember?
:thumbsup: Yes, it is !

Somebody sent me a joke that you would enjoy, Pogo. To keep it very short--a doctor and then a preacher showed up at the pearly gates and were each shown the way through the gates. A musician showed up and was told to go to the back, up the freight elevator, through the kitchen.... Anybody else that's played in a band would understand.
:funny: How well I DO understand ! :D

We could go out and :search: for Christine or if anyone has Christine's telephone number could :call: her to make sure she is alright !

alpro2
01-04-2008, 10:21 AM
--a doctor and then a preacher showed up at the pearly gates and were each shown the way through the gates. A musician showed up and was told to go to the back, up the freight elevator, through the kitchen.... Anybody else that's played in a band would understand. :D

What makes that more funny is that it is not uncommon to get lost on the way to the stage.

Originally Posted by drummerboy
Who wants to go to the auction with us tomorrow night?
What are we looking for?

drummerboy
01-04-2008, 10:59 AM
What are we looking for?
Anything that we need and comes cheap. Funny thing is, when it comes to tools and such, the guys get in a feeding frenzy and pay almost as much as retail (sometimes more).

Anybody due for a warmup? We're supposed to get back in the sixties next week. (No Pogo, please don't flash back, I'm talking about temperatures. :D) Meantime, I'm wearing a very nice new hoodie that I got for Christmas over my shirt. Talk about flashbacks--I was wearing these things waaaaay back in high school, but we didn't call them hoodies then.

offwego
01-04-2008, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE=drummerboy;1507456 Talk about flashbacks--I was wearing these things waaaaay back in high school, but we didn't call them hoodies then.[/QUOTE]
I'll bite. What were they called then?

And has anyone heard from Christine yet? Or Jasper for that matter?

drummerboy
01-04-2008, 03:42 PM
We could go out and :search: for Christine or if anyone has Christine's telephone number could :call: her to make sure she is alright !
I'm really getting worried about her after what she described in her last report. I hope everything is all right.

I'll bite. What were they called then?
Would you believe Iit's been so long, I done forgot? I'm not sure we called them anything in particular though.

On a serious note--if anybody knows how to get hold of anyone about christine or Jasper, please do so and let us know what's happening. We get worried when JQ family members go AWOL for so long.

offwego
01-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Hoodie
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about the clothing article. For single of the same name by Lady Sovereign, see Hoodie (Lady Sovereign song).

Man wearing a hoodieA hoodie (also hooded sweatshirt, hoody, Kangaroo Jacket (CANADA) or bunny hug) is a heavy upper-body garment with a hood. The characteristic design includes large frontal pockets, a hood, and some type of string, usually similar to shoelaces, used to adjust the hood aperture (some varieties include zips). The clothing is perceived differently in different regions. For example, in California, hoodies are a staple of male attire regardless of the weather,[citation needed] while in the UK hoodies are seen so negatively that the shopping centre Bluewater banned them entirely.

Are any of these names right?

pogo
01-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Anybody due for a warmup? We're supposed to get back in the sixties next week. (No Pogo, please don't flash back, I'm talking about temperatures.
Wow..... flashback city. Dateline 1969, Tokyo, Japan...... While getting ready for a show in Shengeku, several band members were caught eating sushi........oops ! Did you say not to flashback ?? :blush: Sorry !

And has anyone heard from Christine yet? Or Jasper for that matter?

I'm really getting worried about her after what she described in her last report. I hope everything is all right.

Would you believe Iit's been so long, I done forgot? I'm not sure we called them anything in particular though.

On a serious note--if anybody knows how to get hold of anyone about christine or Jasper, please do so and let us know what's happening. We get worried when JQ family members go AWOL for so long.

OK.... I was getting real worried and called Ellen. :thumbsup: She's the only one I know that has Christines number. :secret: She says she thinks she is OK, just burnt out from the trip and she expects her to be on here at any time. She hasn't heard from Jasper though.

Ellen is getting caught up on work and trying to regain her strength from this last treatment.
She might be on here later herself.

See you all later. :D

offwego
01-04-2008, 04:41 PM
See you all later. :D

So I don't get in trouble...Pogo I'll be gone from Monday to Thursday ok? (or at least gone offline).

Do I have to PM my cell number to Pogo or Ellen for check in purposes?

And Ellen pixie dust that your getting better from your treatment..Here I was feeling sorry for myself with a cold!

drummerboy
01-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the update Pogo.

Only if you scare us to death with talk of going to the hospital with heart problems and then disappear off the boards. :eyes: The JQ guys worry about the JQ Babes.

Who's up for Mexican tonight?

Caroleh
01-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Carol, I get the idea (and it is funny) but it isn't pracitcal since you'll have to move all your food!! Could you just move some other stuff around? Like paper hats on everyone or something?

Actually, it's funny when you talk about it, but if we did it that would be mean. It would be nice if she was just nicer to all of us, but she won't even try to be friendly.

Mexican sounds good for tonight. We're doing Mac and Donna's Supper Club(McDonalds) I keep hoping somewhere will be another free trip to WDW!!! Tonight and tomorrow night are my cooks night off, so he's picking up something. Do you think I can convince him to take me out tomorrow night?

pjbs35a
01-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Did everyone notice that the weather has warmed up from the latest :spy: maneuver ??? Did the warm-up make it to New York ???

Virus situation is being worked on. I should have the 5-day cure in about 5 days.

disneydeb
01-04-2008, 06:58 PM
We are eating off the dollar menu at McDonald's tonight. Yes our wallets are slim after the holidays and the plumber. I didn't have a chance to peek even if I had wanted - this drain line runs the extent of the house under it.$$$$:spend::spend:

Ellen , I hope you feel better soon.
Is the NYC meet tomorrow?

disneydrmr
01-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Glad to hear Christine is ok.

Ellen - sorry to hear you aren't feeling too well after your treatment. Hope you get better quick.

Wanted to just drop in and see what was going on. Boring night/weekend around this place.

I made Cheesy Beef Enchiladas. I have two left. Do you want one of them?

pogo
01-04-2008, 07:28 PM
So I don't get in trouble...Pogo I'll be gone from Monday to Thursday ok? (or at least gone offline).

I've already got it..... remember ? :D

Thanks for the update Pogo.
Your welcome Big Guy ! :D

Did everyone notice that the weather has warmed up from the latest :spy: maneuver ??? Did the warm-up make it to New York ???
Why, yes it did, Thanks. :thumbsup:

We are eating off the dollar menu at McDonald's tonight. Yes our wallets are slim after the holidays and the plumber. I didn't have a chance to peek even if I had wanted - this drain line runs the extent of the house under it.
You can sell a bassboat if you really get hard up, can't you ? I might be interested in it for the right price. :D

Dsnygirl
01-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Good morning all ! Has anybody heard from Christine ??????

Okay, we can all relax about Christine now... I was getting pretty worried myself and I have her cell number from October, so I called and just got off the phone with her! :) She's fine... they got in late last night and has been unpacking adn re-grouping today. And just so you all know she's really okay?? She went shopping today!! Atta girl!! :thumbsup: :D

So - she told me to tell you all hello and she'll be back on in the next day or so... they just have a ton of stuff to unpack, take down, put away, etc., and they're all beat. But healthwise, she said she's doing okay - still a few palpatations and a little winded, but otherwise taking it easy and feeling better. Phew!! :whew:

Now I just wish we knew how to find Jasper...

(and yes, Pogo, I did notice the special d in good.... :D)

Actually by 5:23, I've been up for 3 minutes already! Just got some coffee now, however....

Wow!! I don't know how you early morning folks do it... I'm not sure I'd even know my name at 5am. (Okay - on a Disney day, maybe... but that's about it!! :blush:)

The JQ guys worry about the JQ Babes.

Awww, shucks... :D

Did everyone notice that the weather has warmed up from the latest spy maneuver ??? Did the warm-up make it to New York ???
A bit of it did... it actually got up to about 30 today!! :vacation:

So - how's everyone doing this Friday night?

BronxTigger
01-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Okay, we can all relax about Christine now... I was getting pretty worried myself and I have her cell number from October, so I called and just got off the phone with her! :) She's fine... they got in late last night and has been unpacking adn re-grouping today. And just so you all know she's really okay?? She went shopping today!! Atta girl!! :thumbsup: :D

So - she told me to tell you all hello and she'll be back on in the next day or so... they just have a ton of stuff to unpack, take down, put away, etc., and they're all beat. But healthwise, she said she's doing okay - still a few palpatations and a little winded, but otherwise taking it easy and feeling better. Phew!! :whew:

Now I just wish we knew how to find Jasper...

Wow!! I don't know how you early morning folks do it... I'm not sure I'd even know my name at 5am. (Okay - on a Disney day, maybe... but that's about it!! :blush:)

Yay! I was getting worried about Christine too. I'm glad to hear she's just busy. Thanks for updating us!

I hope Jasper is okay too.

I've been getting up at 4:30 this week. :coffee::mcoffee: Tomorrow, I'm going to sleep in to maybe 6:30. Isn't that exciting?

Somebody was asking about the NYC Intercot meet. It's Sunday at noon. At Fiddyfifthnfifth. (55th and 5th)

So, my mom has booked our Disneyland trip for April! I got the forwarded confirmation email today. AND I have plane tickets! Woot woot!

And what is everyone going to do tonight? I'll probably plan to do something but then fall asleep before doing anything!

BronxTigger
01-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Oops. Blythe asked HOW is everyone doing tonight. I read it as WHAT is everyone doing tonight. Do you think maybe I'm very tired?

By the way, I'm pretty good! Just sleepy!

Tink&Goofy
01-04-2008, 08:15 PM
So -- what's hitting the press?? Care to share?? (or at least tell us when and where to read about it... :blush:) And I'm sad you won't be coming up our way... :(
Sorry, no details. :secret: I'll let you know later, if I can.

I wish you were coming up this way. You'd really see snow then !
I wish I was too. Someday! :D

When will you know when you're coming? Because this selfish JQer is very excited that you'll be coming to my stomping grounds! Can we get together while you're here??
Ellen, I would LOVE to get together if I make it out there! I won't know anything for probably another week or so - but if I go, it would be the week of Feb 4-9th.

That sounds WONDERFUL!! Do you deliver? Are :marg: included?

I'm not going ANYWHERE tonight - its just plain nasty outside!! We have a high wind warning - and boy is it blowing!! The wind has blown over a couple semi's on the highway! And its snowin like crazy (on the Mountain, not here :(). The mountains in northern California are supposed to have 12 FEET of new snow by Sunday night! Yep, you read it right!

So I'm gonna sit here and wait for Ken to deliver Mexican food, or the kids to make dinner, or the DH to order pizza.....Sound like a plan?

disneydeb
01-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Ken, you are a real sweetheart!

Blythe thank you for calling Christine.

Pogo, sight unseen,how much would you pay to buy the bass boat sitting in my back yard? :D

Nascfan
01-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Checking in, glad to read that Christine is okay. Hoping same for Jasper.

Everyone have a good weekend.

Who's got the cookies? I'm hungry.....as usual.

BronxTigger
01-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Ellen, I would LOVE to get together if I make it out there! I won't know anything for probably another week or so - but if I go, it would be the week of Feb 4-9th.

I'm not going ANYWHERE tonight - its just plain nasty outside!! We have a high wind warning - and boy is it blowing!! The wind has blown over a couple semi's on the highway! And its snowin like crazy (on the Mountain, not here :(). The mountains in northern California are supposed to have 12 FEET of new snow by Sunday night! Yep, you read it right!

Can I come see you too? I want to meet you too!

That weather sounds awful. By "the Mountain", are you referring to Hood? I grew up in Kennewick WA (Tri-Cities). Only 30 minutes from the Oregon border!

pjbs35a
01-04-2008, 09:15 PM
How did I miss this competition ???

NYC Couch Potato Contest Lasts 29 Hours

NEW YORK - A Manhattan librarian emerged as a champion couch potato after three rivals gave in to sleep deprivation or nature's call.

Stan Friedman won the ESPN Zone Ultimate Couch Potato Competition, which began Tuesday morning at the ESPN Zone restaurant in Times Square. The event ended Wednesday afternoon after more than 29 grueling hours of continuous sports viewing — mainly college football bowl games and endless highlights loops.

The four participants, sitting in recliners in front of a dozen 42-inch high-definition plasma televisions and a couple of 14-foot HD projection TVs, could order unlimited food and drinks, but they weren't allowed to go to sleep or leave their recliners except for restroom breaks once every eight hours.

Friedman, a research librarian whose favorite sport is baseball, was declared the victor when runner-up Nate Lopez ran to the bathroom before the allotted break time.

He won a $5,000 prize package including a huge TV, a cozy recliner and a trophy with a potato on it.

"I have a 350-square-foot apartment, so I don't know what I'll do with the TV," he said Thursday. "But I'll make room for the recliner."

Tink&Goofy
01-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Can I come see you too? I want to meet you too!

That weather sounds awful. By "the Mountain", are you referring to Hood? I grew up in Kennewick WA (Tri-Cities). Only 30 minutes from the Oregon border!
Most Definitely! I would love it! Now...if I could only find out for sure if I'm going! :D

Yep - Mt. Hood out one window (well, until they built the house next door)...Mt. St. Helens out the other window - eruptions and all! Sure glad we are no where near the Sierra Nevada mountains this weekend!

How did I miss this competition ???

NYC Couch Potato Contest Lasts 29 Hours

NEW YORK - A Manhattan librarian emerged as a champion couch potato after three rivals gave in to sleep deprivation or nature's call.

Stan Friedman won the ESPN Zone Ultimate Couch Potato Competition, which began Tuesday morning at the ESPN Zone restaurant in Times Square. The event ended Wednesday afternoon after more than 29 grueling hours of continuous sports viewing — mainly college football bowl games and endless highlights loops.

The four participants, sitting in recliners in front of a dozen 42-inch high-definition plasma televisions and a couple of 14-foot HD projection TVs, could order unlimited food and drinks, but they weren't allowed to go to sleep or leave their recliners except for restroom breaks once every eight hours.

Friedman, a research librarian whose favorite sport is baseball, was declared the victor when runner-up Nate Lopez ran to the bathroom before the allotted break time.

He won a $5,000 prize package including a huge TV, a cozy recliner and a trophy with a potato on it.

"I have a 350-square-foot apartment, so I don't know what I'll do with the TV," he said Thursday. "But I'll make room for the recliner."
Restroom breaks once every 8 hours??? You gotta be kidding! So much for taking advantage of the unlimited beverage part! :funny:

Caroleh
01-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Restroom breaks once every 8 hours??? You gotta be kidding! So much for taking advantage of the unlimited beverage part! :funny:

Is that why they make Depends?

Blythe, thanks for calling Christine.:hug: I'm so glad she's okay. Hopefully, she'll take it easy now that she's home.

What's on the agenda for the weekend? Since the weather was yucky on Tuesday, we didn't make it to the house. Hopefully we'll make it this weekend and have pictures, IF we can get in to it. I drove by yesterday and there was footprints in the snow, so they are working on it and the door was opened. There were workmen in a unit a few doors over. Yesterday I was so excited after talking to the lawyer, but for some strange reason I'm feeling in the dumps today.

Ellen, :pixie::pixie: for a speedy recovery from the treatment.

pogo
01-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Okay, we can all relax about Christine now... I was getting pretty worried myself and I have her cell number from October, so I called and just got off the phone with her! She's fine... they got in late last night and has been unpacking adn re-grouping today. And just so you all know she's really okay?? She went shopping today!!

(and yes, Pogo, I did notice the special d in good.... )

OK.... Christine has enough time to go shopping....... but she doesn't have time to check in ????? :shake: We are good and I'm glad she is OK !

Somebody was asking about the NYC Intercot meet. It's Sunday at noon. At Fiddyfifthnfifth. (55th and 5th)

So, my mom has booked our Disneyland trip for April! I got the forwarded confirmation email today. AND I have plane tickets! Woot woot!

We actually thought about coming to the NYC Meet, but you are having it on Sunday and It would be tough getting back to work on Monday, so we decided against it. :(

Congratulations on your DL trip in April. I wish we were doing a trip to WDW in April. :(

So I'm gonna sit here and wait for Ken to deliver Mexican food, or the kids to make dinner, or the DH to order pizza.....Sound like a plan?
I just saw it tonight on the news. I'm glad I'm not at Donner's Summit Lodge tonight. I'd be there until Monday for sure. :D

Pogo, sight unseen,how much would you pay to buy the bass boat sitting in my back yard? :D
I think I could come up with about $500 for it..... Deal or no Deal ??? :D

Who's got the cookies? I'm hungry.....as usual.Nice to see you Scott..... come again when you can stay longer ! :D

pogo
01-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Yesterday I was so excited after talking to the lawyer, but for some strange reason I'm feeling in the dumps today.
Haven't you ever heard ???? That is exactly how you are supposed to feel after talking to a Lawyer ! Right Ken ?? :D

Caroleh
01-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Haven't you ever heard ???? That is exactly how you are supposed to feel after talking to a Lawyer ! Right Ken ?? :D

:hug: Thanks, buddy. I needed that!!!

:dighole: Where did I put that question? I think I packed them all!!!

disneydeb
01-04-2008, 10:14 PM

I just pulled a hot batch out of our oven. Nestles Toll House- Who wants some with milk?

[QUOTE=pogo;1508019]OK.... Christine has enough time to go shopping....... but she doesn't have time to check in ????? :shake: We are good and I'm glad she is OK !

We actually thought about coming to the NYC Meet, but you are having it on Sunday and It would be tough getting back to work on Monday, so we decided against it. :(

Congratulations on your DL trip in April. I wish we were doing a trip to WDW in April. :(

I just saw it tonight on the news. I'm glad I'm not at Donner's Summit Lodge tonight. I'd be there until Monday for sure. :D

I think I could come up with about $500 for it..... Deal or no Deal ??? :D
QUOTE]

I'd take it and even throw in a possum! My hubby says NoDeal!:D

Did I tell you that my mom once took us on a cruise, but hubby could not go because it was on some of the same days as his fishing tourneys? :confused:

ElenitaB
01-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Does anyone know how long it takes to read through this thread? :eek:

Carol, that is BEAUTIFUL!

There is a position open that I am considering going for - and I have to decide by tomorrow. I'm getting kind of burnt on my current job, and my boss, who I absolutely love working for, is retiring the end of 2008. It really is time.
Cindy, you obviously have a good relationship with your current manager. Why don't you ask him for some career advice. You never know... he might have something in mind for you. And he has contacts he can tap for you.

Apparently, Christine... because she's at a Tex Mex restaurant tonight. I'm always up for Mexican, but alas, I had Jenny's fish and chips tonight. I made ramaki for Ben, as well as shrimp and leftover rice from earlier this week.

Ellen , I hope you feel better soon. Is the NYC meet tomorrow?
Thanks, Deb, and everyone else for the love! I'm feeling okay... just real tired and my tummy is upset. But compared to other drugs I've gotten this one isn't too bad.

We're looking forward to Sunday's meet. We'll miss Alex and Maria though. :( Any other JQers want to come along? :D

pogo
01-04-2008, 10:25 PM
I'd take it and even throw in a possum! My hubby says NoDeal !

Did I tell you that my mom once took us on a cruise, but hubby could not go because it was on some of the same days as his fishing tourneys?
I don't blame him. I bet he would sell you before his boat, right ?? You don't have to answer that. ;) I know the truth. :D

We're looking forward to Sunday's meet. We'll miss Alex and Maria though. :( Any other JQers want to come along? :DAS I told you today on the phone, I'd love too, but the time is not right. But we hope to come to NYC to look around. I think March would be good.... about the time of the Big East Basketball Tourny ! :D

Beast_fanatic
01-04-2008, 10:26 PM

Is that the only reason? :sob:

drummerboy
01-04-2008, 10:42 PM

:hug: Thanks, buddy. I needed that!!!
OW! Double whammy.

We went with some friends to the Mexican resaurant. I ordered to-go for everybody, so look for them to bringing it to your doors very soon. Remember to tip well.

What say we all give Christine a :nono: when she gets back on for scaring us all to death.

Frankie, Q says quit playing with the NOAA equipment. It's on loan for a 'special' project and he doesn't want it messed up. Look what you've already done to Oregon.

Anybody broken their resolutions yet?

Caroleh
01-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Carol, that is BEAUTIFUL!

Any other JQers want to come along? :D

Thank you, Ellen!!! Gilles really inspired me for that one. I was in a very non-creative mood after inventory last year, he took me to my favorite quilt shop where we found the fabric. The quilt shop is about an hour away so on the drive home I was trying to figure out what to do with the fabric I bought (bad habit, buying fabric without a plan for it). Since the fabric reminded us of Moroccan tiles, we came up with the idea of a hamsa. The hamsa would give us something of his heritage into our new house. Now besides haggis or a kilt, I need something for my Scottish background!!!

Now I need to work on a couple of baby quilts. One needs to be done before we move, since the baby is due the middle of April. Anyone have any ideas?

pogo
01-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Is that the only reason? :sob:
No silly...:fresh:..... I hear you give good :hug:
Is that true ?? :D

We went with some friends to the Mexican resaurant. I ordered to-go for everybody, so look for them to bringing it to your doors very soon. Remember to tip well.
Are they bringing :marg: with them ??

Hey I got a Jenn - joke for you guys...... Cover your ears, Ken.

What do you call 200 lawyers at the bottom of Lake Ontario ??? :D

Tink&Goofy
01-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Is that why they make Depends?
Eewwww! :ack:

How about the beginning of February? ;)

:funny:

Cindy, you obviously have a good relationship with your current manager. Why don't you ask him for some career advice. You never know... he might have something in mind for you. And he has contacts he can tap for you.
Actually we have talked quite a bit about it - and he would do anything he could to help. He wants me to take his job - but no way.

So whats on tap for the weekend? We have to take the tree down - but at least the DDs took the ornaments and garland off for me today! :D With the nasty weather, I'll just cozy up with a hot cup of coffee. Who wants Starbucks Christmas Blend in the morning?

drummerboy
01-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Now besides haggis or a kilt, I need something for my Scottish background!!!
What, you don't want to do a quilted, plaid haggis? You might be able to sell them to the JQ demo/reno crew.

Dsnygirl
01-05-2008, 12:17 AM

And what is everyone going to do tonight? I'll probably plan to do something but then fall asleep before doing anything!
Yeah for you on the DL trip!! How awesome!!

What did we do tonight?? Let's see... relaxed, put some stuff away, watched Law & Order : SVU twice... I love that show... Oh - and laundry...

Sorry, no details. :secret: I'll let you know later, if I can.

Do you work with Frankie??? :spy:

Blythe thank you for calling Christine.

You're welcome!! I just wanted to hear her accent again... :) (yes Christine, you do have one... ;))

No cookies, but some Bailey's on the rocks... would you like some???

Yep - Mt. Hood out one window (well, until they built the house next door)...Mt. St. Helens out the other window - eruptions and all! Sure glad we are no where near the Sierra Nevada mountains this weekend!

Sigh.... I'd never get Dan to move out your way, and it'd be too far from home anyway, I suppose... but I'd love to be out in your neck of the woods!! We toured out there when I was in college (in a singing group) and we went all through Washington and Oregon... and I LOVED it!! Why does it have to be so far away??? :(

What's on the agenda for the weekend?
Not too much for us.... taking the tree down and putting some decorations away... visiting a couple of skating rinks and getting the girls signed up for lessons... church and some playtime with the girls! :thumbsup:

OK.... Christine has enough time to go shopping....... but she doesn't have time to check in ???? We are good and I'm glad she is OK !

Priorities, my friend, priorities!! We'll always be here, and I'm sure she knows that... but you never know what'll be left on the shelves!! :D

We're looking forward to Sunday's meet. We'll miss Alex and Maria though. Any other JQers want to come along?
I wish... I didn't even know you guys were having one!! But - I'm trying to arrange something in your neck of the woods for May or June... hopefully Dan won't be along and read this... but if it happens, I'll let you know!! :thumbsup:

Anybody broken their resolutions yet?
Nope... mostly because I haven't made them yet!!

Who wants Starbucks Christmas Blend in the morning?
Me!! Thanks - I'd love some!! Looks like morning's going to come pretty quickly... I'm not up this late around here usually!!

Have a good night, my dear friends... I hope you all sleep well, and I'll see you in the am!!

Tink&Goofy
01-05-2008, 01:34 AM
Hey I got a Jenn - joke for you guys...... Cover your ears, Ken.

What do you call 200 lawyers at the bottom of Lake Ontario ??? :D
I don't know, what?
(I love lawyer jokes! Sorry Ken!)

Well....:secret:

Sigh.... I'd never get Dan to move out your way, and it'd be too far from home anyway, I suppose... but I'd love to be out in your neck of the woods!! We toured out there when I was in college (in a singing group) and we went all through Washington and Oregon... and I LOVED it!! Why does it have to be so far away??? :(
Its not that far! Now New York, THATS far! :D Why do I find such great people, and they live WAAAYY to far away? Any chance you can come to NYC beginning of February? ;)

Its been a really long week for a short week. :D Catch ya tomorrow. Someone start the coffee for me? Scones would be good too! :D

pjbs35a
01-05-2008, 03:02 AM
Does anyone know how long it takes to read through this thread? :eek:
It depends. Are you reading it front to back or back to front ???

Frankie, Q says quit playing with the NOAA equipment. It's on loan for a 'special' project and he doesn't want it messed up. Look what you've already done to Oregon.

Has Q heard that I don't work for him/her/it all the time ??? That's the meaning of a double secret agent :spy:

Don't you know the people working with me don't know it's me ??? Most of the time I don't know it's me. Why is it so late/early/whatever ???

alpro2
01-05-2008, 09:43 AM
We're looking forward to Sunday's meet. We'll miss Alex and Maria though. :( Any other JQers want to come along? :D
Sorry we have to miss this one. As good as I have been feeling, it would be too much for me at this time. :(

No cookies, but some Bailey's on the rocks... would you like some???

Have you ever dunked cookies in Bailey's? :D

BronxTigger
01-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Sorry we have to miss this one. As good as I have been feeling, it would be too much for me at this time. :(

Awwww....will you be at the summer one? We will miss you and Maria. But I suppose your back is a little more important.

What's everybody doing today? I need to clean a bit...no, a lot...and do stuff for work (no surprise there).

drummerboy
01-05-2008, 10:21 AM
We stilll haven't gotten fully straightened out from having all four grandbabies for two weeks. I think we're going to bring the leaf blower in today for starters. Tonight it's off to the auction house.

Anybody got breakfast ready?

pogo
01-05-2008, 11:09 AM
How about the beginning of February?
Hhmmmm..... When will you know for sure ?? :D

I just wanted to hear her accent again... (yes Christine, you do have one...
She has an accent ?? :confused:

What do you call 200 lawyers at the bottom of Lake Ontario ???

I don't know, what?
(I love lawyer jokes! Sorry Ken!)

A good start !!!! Sorry Ken. :blush:

Sorry we have to miss this one. As good as I have been feeling, it would be too much for me at this time.
Too bad..... I hope you can make our summer meet at Darien Lake. :secret:

What's everybody doing today?
Watching football this afternoon. :D

Anybody got breakfast ready?Sure do.... eggs, homefries, bacon... want some. :D

disneydeb
01-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Good Morning All!

I hope everyone is feeling good this AM

Who ate all my cookies last night? :D

Dsnygirl
01-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Yawn.... good morning, all.... we were s'posed to all be up and out the door early today, but decided that the wiser thing to do would be to snuggle in and stay put. (Okay, I decided... everyone else was up... but the girls were glad of a "stay home" morning instead of rushing off. It's all about them, right?? :blush: Just b/c I got up an hour after them.... :secret:) I think the coffee's starting to kick in.... (no, I didn't just get up.... I've already done 2 loads of laundry, some paperwork and changed the beds... in my sleep, I think...)

Its not that far! Now New York, THATS far! Why do I find such great people, and they live WAAAYY to far away? Any chance you can come to NYC beginning of February?

I wish....

Have you ever dunked cookies in Bailey's?
Now see?? That is why I like you... always thinking!! :D

Anybody got breakfast ready?
Do granola bars qualify???

Dsnygirl
01-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Sure do.... eggs, homefries, bacon... want some. :D
What's your street address again?? I'm warming up the car.... :D

Caroleh
01-05-2008, 11:27 AM
What's your street address again?? I'm warming up the car.... :D

Did he get you motived to go out? It would be too long of a drive for me to get there, maybe for a late lunch...what's for lunch?

Tink&Goofy
01-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Good Mornin' all - although I'm not to sure about that yet. Anyone get the license plate of that truck that just hit me?? Just when you think your over the worst of the cold, WHAM - it comes blasting back!

Have you ever dunked cookies in Bailey's? :D
How about the beginning of February???

Bailey's and cookies? YUM!

How about the beginning of February? ;)

Hhmmmm..... When will you know for sure ?? :D
Next week, or the week after...

So who wants to take the tree down and haul it outside for me? (It will take more than one of you! :blush:)

alpro2
01-05-2008, 12:40 PM
It would be too long of a drive for me to get there, maybe for a late lunch...
Do you mean lupper? :D

How about the beginning of February???

I certainly hope so.

Dsnygirl
01-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Well, I saw something this morning I hope to never see again... my child on fire!! Yes, you read that right... Dan and I were in the kitchen and all of a sudden I heard him yell and run into the playroom... I looked and he was grabbing Emma and throwing her on the floor - her sweater was completely on fire, and she had no idea what was happening!!! Luckily, he saw her fast enough and had her on the ground quick enough that the only thing burned was her sweater and a small little patch on her lower back... but let me tell you, I've never moved so fast in my life to get to her... poor thing, she didn't even know what hit her until she saw the flames as Dan got them out. It was absolutely the most terrifying thing I've ever seen, and everything I could do not to burst into sobs when I held her afterwards. :( (The playroom is an addition they put on the house behind the kitchen, and thus it doesn't have central heating like the rest of the house. So, they put a gas heater on the wall, and that's what caught her sweater on fire. They know to stay away from it, but she'd backed up too close to it and had a brand new sweater on that was a little big and had fringe all along the bottom... it was the fringe that caught first, probably through the protective grill on the heater.)

Anyway - as you can probably tell by the fact that I'm writing coherently, she's fine and all is well... the sweater isn't salvageable, but thank God nothing happened to her!! Poor thing, she just kept apologizing... we've always kept something in front of the heater to keep the girls from even being able to get too close, but they'd moved it... so now we've got our dog's food station there, which I know they can't move!! (And Julia said he can now have bbq... :blush:)

So!! That was our excitement, if you can call it that, for the morning... I just can't even let myself think of what could've happened if we hadn't been in the kitchen at the time. (We can see directly into the playroom through a large open area above the sink that used to be a picture window, before they added on the room behind.) God was definitely watching out for our little girl!! :cloud9:

We went out and ran some errands and had lunch out, and are now settling in to do some stuff w/ the girls and get ready to take the tree down, etc... Emma's pretty impressed with the whole story by now, and asked Dan while we were out if he'd ever "been on fire"... when he said no, she said, "Oh good!! So I'm the first one in the family to have been on fire!!" :laughing: Sigh ... to be that innocent again... ;)

Tink&Goofy
01-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Well, I saw something this morning I hope to never see again... my child on fire!! Yes, you read that right... Dan and I were in the kitchen and all of a sudden I heard him yell and run into the playroom... I looked and he was grabbing Emma and throwing her on the floor - her sweater was completely on fire, and she had no idea what was happening!!! Luckily, he saw her fast enough and had her on the ground quick enough that the only thing burned was her sweater and a small little patch on her lower back... but let me tell you, I've never moved so fast in my life to get to her... poor thing, she didn't even know what hit her until she saw the flames as Dan got them out. It was absolutely the most terrifying thing I've ever seen, and everything I could do not to burst into sobs when I held her afterwards.
OMG Blythe - how scary!!! I'm so glad she is OK!! I am terrified of fire. Fire doesn't mix well with many things - especially kids!! Sounds like Emma has a guardian angel watching out for her! Wow. Is there any way you can replace the heater with something safer? I think my heart would be racing everytime they went into that room!

CaptJackSparrow
01-05-2008, 03:48 PM
And I was sure that I had asked her for a Bud Light :oops:...anybody got any good ways to tell Grandmas "about our day"? :hide2: Thank God we saw her w/i 5-6 seconds...:angel:

pogo
01-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Emma's pretty impressed with the whole story by now, and asked Dan while we were out if he'd ever "been on fire"... when he said no, she said, "Oh good!! So I'm the first one in the family to have been on fire!!" :laughing: Sigh ... to be that innocent again... ;)
Way to go Emma ! Ask her a question for me...... is that what it feels like to be a hotdog ??? :D

And I was sure that I had asked her for a Bud Light :oops:...anybody got any good ways to tell Grandmas "about our day"? :hide2: Thank God we saw her w/i 5-6 seconds...:angel:
I've got a Bud Lite for you Buddy ! Come on out, watch football, drink Bud Lite and the girls can practice stop, drop and roll ! :D

Caroleh
01-05-2008, 04:17 PM
OMG Blythe, that is awful. Luckily, you guys were so close by. Give Emma a big :hug: for us. Is there some sort of grill or glass you can put in front of it so it won't be so dangerous? Also give Dan a big :hug: for reacting so quickly. Dan, you're our hero. :D She has someone watching over her!!!:angel:

drummerboy
01-05-2008, 04:21 PM
I don't know if you've read about the beach house fire that killed seven SC college kids, but that was right here in my county, so any kind of fire like that is mighty scary. What a stroke of good fortune that you saw it in time! Bet she was wondering why daddy suddenly wanted to play tackle.

Did you need to run around the block to siphon off the excess adrenilin?

Caroleh
01-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Way to go Emma ! Ask her a question for me...... is that what it feels like to be a hotdog ??? :D

You're bad, Pogo. Can I slap him? Please? I won't repeat what Gilles just said, but Dan when she grows older you'll have to keep a close eye on her.

CaptJackSparrow
01-05-2008, 04:51 PM

I've got a Bud Lite for you Buddy ! Come on out, watch football, drink Bud Lite and the girls can practice stop, drop and roll ! :D
Like Blythe had mentioned, we ran a couple of errands afterwards (I'd say we were going like our hair was on fire, but...) and of course the first thing she wants to tell everyone is :camp: Who do you like in today's games?

OMG Blythe, that is awful. Luckily, you guys were so close by. Give Emma a big :hug: for us. Is there some sort of grill or glass you can put in front of it so it won't be so dangerous? Also give Dan a big :hug: for reacting so quickly. Dan, you're our hero. :D She has someone watching over her!!!:angel:
She can always remember today as the day she was, in fact, caught by Captain Jack Sparrow

You're bad, Pogo. Can I slap him? Please? I won't repeat what Gilles just said, but Dan when she grows older you'll have to keep a close eye on her.
We've known that since she was a year old when, at a food festival downtown, she sat up in her stroller and started grooving to the rock band that was playing :rocker:

BronxTigger
01-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Well, I saw something this morning I hope to never see again... my child on fire!! Yes, you read that right... Dan and I were in the kitchen and all of a sudden I heard him yell and run into the playroom... I looked and he was grabbing Emma and throwing her on the floor - her sweater was completely on fire, and she had no idea what was happening!!! Luckily, he saw her fast enough and had her on the ground quick enough that the only thing burned was her sweater and a small little patch on her lower back... but let me tell you, I've never moved so fast in my life to get to her... poor thing, she didn't even know what hit her until she saw the flames as Dan got them out. It was absolutely the most terrifying thing I've ever seen, and everything I could do not to burst into sobs when I held her afterwards. :( (The playroom is an addition they put on the house behind the kitchen, and thus it doesn't have central heating like the rest of the house. So, they put a gas heater on the wall, and that's what caught her sweater on fire. They know to stay away from it, but she'd backed up too close to it and had a brand new sweater on that was a little big and had fringe all along the bottom... it was the fringe that caught first, probably through the protective grill on the heater.)

Anyway - as you can probably tell by the fact that I'm writing coherently, she's fine and all is well... the sweater isn't salvageable, but thank God nothing happened to her!! Poor thing, she just kept apologizing... we've always kept something in front of the heater to keep the girls from even being able to get too close, but they'd moved it... so now we've got our dog's food station there, which I know they can't move!! (And Julia said he can now have bbq... :blush:)

So!! That was our excitement, if you can call it that, for the morning... I just can't even let myself think of what could've happened if we hadn't been in the kitchen at the time. (We can see directly into the playroom through a large open area above the sink that used to be a picture window, before they added on the room behind.) God was definitely watching out for our little girl!! :cloud9:

We went out and ran some errands and had lunch out, and are now settling in to do some stuff w/ the girls and get ready to take the tree down, etc... Emma's pretty impressed with the whole story by now, and asked Dan while we were out if he'd ever "been on fire"... when he said no, she said, "Oh good!! So I'm the first one in the family to have been on fire!!" :laughing: Sigh ... to be that innocent again... ;)

OMG. God was definitely watching out this morning! :hug: I don't want to consider what could have happened if you weren't right there.

Did I miss your question? :secret:

OMG Blythe - how scary!!! I'm so glad she is OK!! I am terrified of fire. Fire doesn't mix well with many things - especially kids!! Sounds like Emma has a guardian angel watching out for her! Wow. Is there any way you can replace the heater with something safer? I think my heart would be racing everytime they went into that room!

I'm terrified of fire too. :secret:

pogo
01-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Who do you like in today's games?
I like Washington and Steelers.... but we can see I'm not good at picking winners. :shake: Redskins look really bad.

OMG Blythe, that is awful. Luckily, you guys were so close by. Give Emma a big :hug: for us. Is there some sort of grill or glass you can put in front of it so it won't be so dangerous? Also give Dan a big :hug: for reacting so quickly. Dan, you're our hero. She has someone watching over her!!!:angel:
Wow..... why are you pretending to be nice ? :D

Go ahead slap me ! I bet Gilles said Emma is one hot babe ! :D

:hi: Emma..... I'm glad you are OK. I bet it was Julia's fault ! :D

dlpmikki
01-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Thank goodness for quick reactions. Very glad Emma is OK and not badly injured or traumatised by this.

Before we get Rhonda going why don't you claim the fire burned the question up? I'm sure she will accept that as a valid excuse!

Caroleh
01-05-2008, 06:13 PM
I like Washington and Steelers.... but we can see I'm not good at picking winners. :shake: Redskins look really bad.

Wow..... why are you pretending to be nice ? :D

Go ahead slap me ! I bet Gilles said Emma is one hot babe ! :D

1.) And who was giving me a bad time WAY back when the season started about the Steelers?

2.) Because that was really scary and I wasn't pretending. :humph: Our kids can do things that scare the living heck right out of us. I know my DD had done things a few times.

3.) actually he said she'll grow up to be one hot chick. :D

ElenitaB
01-05-2008, 06:21 PM
OMG! Thank goodness Emma's okay. She really does have a GA :angel: looking over her and that you both were so close by. (Even though DS is now 12, I still know how quickly things can spiral out of control and I'd hate to not be there should something happen. Is that overprotective?)

Did you need to run around the block to siphon off the excess adrenilin?
After reading about the excitement @ Dan and Blythe's house, I need to deal with the extra adrenalin that started flowing.

Hope we all manage to have a quiet, uneventful evening! Anyone else think that boring is underrated?

pogo
01-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Before we get Rhonda going why don't you claim the fire burned the question up? I'm sure she will accept that as a valid excuse!
But isn't it fun to get Rhonda going ? :D

1.) And who was giving me a bad time WAY back when the season started about the Steelers?
I don't know..... who ?? :D

Hope we all manage to have a quiet, uneventful evening!
Me too ! :D

BronxTigger
01-05-2008, 07:38 PM
A 6 year old started a fire the other day in Brooklyn. The kid set something on the stove. The stove was on because they were using it to heat their apartment. The kid got scared and carried the thing on fire and hid it under his bed. Well that set the whole apartment on fire. A firefighter was killed fighting the fire.

I'm so glad Emma is okay! And I'm with Ellen...that got my adrenaline going too! Did that happen to anyone else?

disneydrmr
01-05-2008, 08:05 PM

Wow! I am soooo glad Emma is ok and the only loss suffered was a sweater! How scary! Thank God you and Dan were close by! Things can happen in an instant... you just never know.

And I was sure that I had asked her for a Bud Light ...anybody got any good ways to tell Grandmas "about our day"? :hide2: Thank God we saw her w/i 5-6 seconds...

And Thank God you didn't go into panic mode! I probably would've started screaming and not been able to react. You are a hero!!!! I think Blythe needs to treat you to something very special! :D

Way to go Emma ! Ask her a question for me...... is that what it feels like to be a hotdog ???

I've got a Bud Lite for you Buddy ! Come on out, watch football, drink Bud Lite and the girls can practice stop, drop and roll !

You're bad, Pogo. Can I slap him? Please?

For some strange reason, I have a feeling Pogo might enjoy that...

Hope we all manage to have a quiet, uneventful evening! Anyone else think that boring is underrated?

I could use a touch of boring... my life has been just a bit too stressful these last couple weeks...

A 6 year old started a fire the other day in Brooklyn. The kid set something on the stove. The stove was on because they were using it to heat their apartment. The kid got scared and carried the thing on fire and hid it under his bed. Well that set the whole apartment on fire. A firefighter was killed fighting the fire.

How sad. Where were his parent's while he was carrying the thing on fire thru the apartment to his bedroom?

Went and saw my niece today.. she's doing well. THey still have no answers... she has an EEG scheduled for Tuesday. Poor little thing. I held her tight... gave her a stuffed puppy to take with her to all these tests she's scheduled for. And I made sure I told her I love her very much before I left their house.

Hope everyone enjoys their evenings and their Sunday. We're going to a new church tomorrow. 'Can't' go back to our old one at this time due to DH's grandma. Then will go out to eat and use one of the gift cards I got for Christmas.. should we go to Carrabas, Olive Garden, Chili's, Red Lobster, Smoky Bones, or Bahama Breeze?

disneydeb
01-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Blythe and Dan hugs to you and your whole family!:hug::hug::hug::hug:
Dan , I am impressed in the way you act in emergencies.:thumbsup:
Emma, I am impressed in the way you handled yourself!:)
Blythe, you didn't panic and scare the children.:thumbsup:
Julia, you didn't panic and scare the adults.:D

Didn't I use 2 questions in my last post?

Dsnygirl
01-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Is there any way you can replace the heater with something safer? I think my heart would be racing everytime they went into that room!
I wish, but as we're renting the house, there's really nothing we can do. :( Before, though, what we had in front of it was easily moved... now, they really can't get within about 2-3 feet of it. Of course, Bailey might feel like his eyebrows are heating up a bit while he's eating... :blush:

Way to go Emma ! Ask her a question for me...... is that what it feels like to be a hotdog ???

I've got a Bud Lite for you Buddy ! Come on out, watch football, drink Bud Lite and the girls can practice stop, drop and roll !
She didn't get it at first, but once she did - boy did she laugh!!

You're hilarious... :D Do you have a drink for me, too?? It's been about 8 hrs since it happened, and I could still use one...

Bet she was wondering why daddy suddenly wanted to play tackle.

She sure was!! I think she was more scared by daddy's tackling than the fire, at first... then she saw the flames...

She can always remember today as the day she was, in fact, caught by Captain Jack Sparrow

We've known that since she was a year old when, at a food festival downtown, she sat up in her stroller and started grooving to the rock band that was playing :rocker:
And who says my husband can't stay in character??? ;)

For anyone who knows, esp. you Pogo, it was Joe Whiting she was shaking her groove thing for... she cracked just about everyone around us up, and many said, "Ooooohhhh... you'd better watch out..." :blush:

Did I miss your question?

Shhhhh.... maybe she won't notice.

Thank goodness for quick reactions. Very glad Emma is OK and not badly injured or traumatised by this.

Traumatised?? Not our Emma... I'm sure the first thing she'll tell her teacher on Monday is, "Guess what, Miss Morrissey?? I was on fire this weekend!!" I think she can tell we were pretty shook up, though...

Do you think that'll work??

Hi Emma..... I'm glad you are OK. I bet it was Julia's fault !
Emma waved back, and Julia growled at you, I think....

3.) actually he said she'll grow up to be one hot chick.
:laughing:

(Even though DS is now 12, I still know how quickly things can spiral out of control and I'd hate to not be there should something happen. Is that overprotective?)

Nope, not at all.... must be a gene that gets turned on the moment they're born!!

How are you feeling??

And Thank God you didn't go into panic mode! I probably would've started screaming and not been able to react. You are a hero!!!! I think Blythe needs to treat you to something very special!

Then will go out to eat and use one of the gift cards I got for Christmas.. should we go to Carrabas, Olive Garden, Chili's, Red Lobster, Smoky Bones, or Bahama Breeze?
I'm thinking he needs a trip to Disneyworld... you know, a little stress reliever... what could be better??? :blush:

Now, that is a serious collection of gift cards!! You must have been a very good girl.... I think I'd vote for Smoky Bones, myself...

How's everyone tonight??

Dsnygirl
01-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Blythe and Dan hugs to you and your whole family!:hug:
Dan , I am impressed in the way you act in emergencies.:thumbsup:
Emma, I am impressed in the way you handled yourself!:)
Blythe, you didn't panic and scare the children.:thumbsup:
Julia, you didn't panic and scare the adults.:D

Didn't I use 2 questions in my last post?
:tiphat: and :curtsy: from all of us... let's hope we don't ever have an encore performance!! :encore:

Would anybody like some jalapeno poppers, straight from the oven??

pogo
01-05-2008, 08:43 PM

:yes:-------:thumbsup:-------:yes:

Then will go out to eat and use one of the gift cards I got for Christmas.. should we go to Carrabas, Olive Garden, Chili's, Red Lobster, Smoky Bones, or Bahama Breeze?
I'm up for Red Lobster. Where do you want me to meet you ???? :D

Blythe and Dan hugs to you and your whole family !
Dan , I am impressed in the way you act in emergencies.
Emma, I am impressed in the way you handled yourself!
Blythe, you didn't panic and scare the children.
Julia, you didn't panic and scare the adults.

What about me ???? You forgot me ! :D

Caroleh
01-05-2008, 08:46 PM
I think Blythe needs to treat you to something very special! :D

For some strange reason, I have a feeling Pogo might enjoy that..

should we go to Carrabas, Olive Garden, Chili's, Red Lobster, Smoky Bones, or Bahama Breeze?

I agree Diane. Maybe fix him an extra special dinner or buy him a BIG bottle of rum!!!

I agree with you, I think he might enjoy getting slapped!!!

What's a Bahama Breeze? It sounds warm!!!

:pixie::pixie: for you niece.

Ellen, I like boring. It's so much nicer!!

alpro2
01-05-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm thinking he needs a trip to Disneyworld... you know, a little stress reliever... what could be better???

I was just going to say that, Blythe. I think a trip to WDW is order. ;)

Ok, who has the marshmallows? :D

Caroleh
01-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Would anybody like some jalapeno poppers, straight from the oven??

May I have some, please?

I was just going to say that, Blythe. I think a trip to WDW is order. ;)

Can I slap him for you, Blythe? Wait a minute, he'd enjoy it WAY too much.

Would the trip to WDW be for you, Blythe or Dan?

pogo
01-05-2008, 08:56 PM
She didn't get it at first, but once she did - boy did she laugh!!

You're hilarious... :D Do you have a drink for me, too?? It's been about 8 hrs since it happened, and I could still use one...

For anyone who knows, esp. you Pogo, it was Joe Whiting she was shaking her groove thing for... she cracked just about everyone around us up, and many said, "Ooooohhhh... you'd better watch out..." :blush:

Emma waved back, and Julia growled at you, I think....

I just want Emma to know how special I think she is. And you too Julia !

I remember you telling me about her rockin' with Joe ! And yes, Blythe..... I've got a drink for you ! :D

Ok, who has the marshmallows?
And people think I'm sick ??? :confused:

alpro2
01-05-2008, 09:01 PM

Now your talkin'! :D

Originally Posted by pogo
And people think I'm sick ??? :confused:

Nice try. Oh, I think you are way beyond help, don't you agree? :D

pogo
01-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Nice try. Oh, I think you are way beyond help, don't you agree? :D

:yes:

Do I really need a question ??? I like the attention from Rhonda. ;)

Dsnygirl
01-05-2008, 09:49 PM
I was just going to say that, Blythe. I think a trip to WDW is order.

You know, it's funny you should ask that... we stopped by where Julia rides this afternoon and the first thing her instructor said to Emma (after she just HAD to tell her her story...) was, "Boy, were you lucky!! Otherwise, we'd be roasting marshmallows over you!!" She cracked up... :camp:

Would the trip to WDW be for you, Blythe or Dan?
Dan, of course... definitely Dan!!! :blush:

I remember you telling me about her rockin' with Joe ! And yes, Blythe..... I've got a drink for you !

Good... I just got through the "let's tell Grandma what happened" phone call!! I think she's packing her bags to come & protect her girls... ;)

What's everyone doing tonight?? I'm trying really hard to ignore the fact that my cold is trying to come back... must be T&G and I sharing this thing back and forth across the computers, or something. :( Doesn't it realize I'm on antibiotics, for heaven's sake???? Dumb germs.... :thedolls:

pogo
01-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Good... I just got through the "let's tell Grandma what happened" phone call!! I think she's packing her bags to come & protect her girls... ;)

What's everyone doing tonight?? I'm trying really hard to ignore the fact that my cold is trying to come back... must be T&G and I sharing this thing back and forth across the computers, or something.
Soooooo... Grandma didn't take it so good ??? Looks like you need to get the guest room ready ! :thumbsup:

We are watching the Steelers go down in flames ! They really stink ! Right Caroleh ?? :D

BronxTigger
01-05-2008, 10:10 PM
You know, it's funny you should ask that... we stopped by where Julia rides this afternoon and the first thing her instructor said to Emma (after she just HAD to tell her her story...) was, "Boy, were you lucky!! Otherwise, we'd be roasting marshmallows over you!!" She cracked up... :camp:

What's everyone doing tonight?? I'm trying really hard to ignore the fact that my cold is trying to come back... must be T&G and I sharing this thing back and forth across the computers, or something. :( Doesn't it realize I'm on antibiotics, for heaven's sake???? Dumb germs.... :thedolls:

I have graham crackers! Who has the chocolate?

So the fire trucks came to my building earlier tonight. They left quickly though; I don't know what happened but I'm glad it was nothing serious!

I felt like I was getting a cold yesterday. Sore throat, warm all over, yadda yadda yadda. But today it seems to be gone. I slept A LOT last night (almost 12 hours!) so I think that really helped. And I'm on antibiotics too!

Tonight I'm puttering on the internet looking for information about Disneyland. It's odd how different some things about them are.

Dsnygirl
01-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Soooooo... Grandma didn't take it so good ??? Looks like you need to get the guest room ready !
Well... everything was fine by the end of the conversation, after she talked with "her baby" and heard from her own self that she was fine... :) ... but how good do you think a conversation can start when your son calls and says, "So - your granddaughter tried to turn herself into Creme Brulee this morning..." :blush: (A little background... I've been wanting to make it, and she got me a Creme Brulee kit for Christmas... ;))

So the fire trucks came to my building earlier tonight. They left quickly though; I don't know what happened but I'm glad it was nothing serious!

Was my daughter there??? Her room's been kind-of quiet....

Tink&Goofy
01-05-2008, 10:43 PM
You're bad, Pogo. Can I slap him? Please?
Can I help?

I'm sure you're right..:shake:

Do you have a drink for me, too?? It's been about 8 hrs since it happened, and I could still use one...

You mean you haven't had one yet???:D

What about me ???? You forgot me !
Forgot???:D

:shake: You and Pogo - quite a pair...

Please do! And yes, I'm sure he will enjoy it.

I'm trying really hard to ignore the fact that my cold is trying to come back... must be T&G and I sharing this thing back and forth across the computers, or something. :( Doesn't it realize I'm on antibiotics, for heaven's sake???? Dumb germs.... :thedolls:
I'm feeling better tonight than I was this morning. Hope you're feeling better by tomorrow!

We are watching the Steelers go down in flames !
:shake: Thats really bad, after reading todays thread...

Se we are watching Harry Potter and Order of the Phoenix - and about to open a bottle of wine. Who wants a glass?

Caroleh
01-05-2008, 10:45 PM
We are watching the Steelers go down in flames ! They really stink ! Right Caroleh ?? :D

So, what would you say if I said I'm not watching it? Gilles doesn't like sports and he's in control of the TV. I've been downloading music for the ipod.

Now what can I download that will shock him? I've done Cyndie Lauper, Talking Heads, Tears for Fears, ELP, Phil Collins, the Eurythmics, Midnight Oil, the Bangles, The Who, Neil Young and Men at Work. The only one that surprised him was Talking heads. I think I'm in my 80's phase right now, with a little 70's thrown in!!

CaptJackSparrow
01-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Boring sounds pretty good to me! 'Bout ready for bed...door locked, check...dog out, check...kids "out", CHECK! :cheer:

I think Blythe needs to treat you to something very special! :D

Normally I'd go for Smoky Bones, but...:rolleyes:

T&G, can I get some of that wine? :wine:

pogo
01-05-2008, 11:33 PM
:shake: Thats really bad, after reading todays thread...

Hey.... what can I say... I'm sticking to the theme. :D What's wrong with that ? :D

So, what would you say if I said I'm not watching it? Gilles doesn't like sports and he's in control of the TV. I've been downloading music for the ipod.

You better go take the remote away from him.... the Steelers are leading 29 - 28 with about 2 minutes to go, Jacksonville has the ball. :whew:

Boring sounds pretty good to me! 'Bout ready for bed...door locked, check...dog out, check...kids "out", CHECK! :cheer:

:
:shake: You are as bad as me ! :thumbsup:

Tink&Goofy
01-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Tonight I'm puttering on the internet looking for information about Disneyland. It's odd how different some things about them are.
I LOVE DL! We have been there more times than I can count! Questions? Ask away!

'Bout ready for bed...door locked, check...dog out, check...kids "out", CHECK! :cheer:.
Not you too! :shake:

T&G, can I get some of that wine? :wine:
I've been to Smoky Bones when I was in Long Island last - YUM! If we meet at Smoky Bones, who could make it the beginning of February??:D
The wine got pushed to the back of the frig, and I opted for the rum....I'm sure you would approve!

pogo
01-05-2008, 11:53 PM
So, what would you say if I said I'm not watching it?

You better go take the remote away from him.... the Steelers are leading 29 - 28 with about 2 minutes to go, Jacksonville has the ball.
I'm sorry Carol...... Steelers blew it ! Can you believe they lost ?? :confused:

Oh well..... good night all. :D

BronxTigger
01-06-2008, 12:43 AM
I LOVE DL! We have been there more times than I can count! Questions? Ask away!

I've been to Smoky Bones when I was in Long Island last - YUM! If we meet at Smoky Bones, who could make it the beginning of February??:D
The wine got pushed to the back of the frig, and I opted for the rum....I'm sure you would approve!

How come I've never heard of Smoky Bones? And would this February trip likely cover a weekend? Or at least a Friday or Saturday night? And where on Long Island are you talking about? I'd love to meet you.

This will be my 4th Disneyland trip, but I have the most bizarre memories of the place. I went for the first time at age 5, and I remember nothing. I went again for a day in high school for "Magic Music Days" and I remember we got to go backstage and we had to change into our marching band uniforms. They were very heavy and hot and I remember feeling really awful and my friends said I was white as a ghost from the heat. I remember very little from the rest of the day. (Why? I have no idea.)

The last trip was in 2002. I flew out on a Friday night and spent Saturday in the parks and then flew out early Sunday. I remember the flight there was AWFUL. Most turbulence ever. I thought we were going to crash; I was so scared. But the parks were cool. We got DRENCHED on the water ride at CA and it was not crowded there so we went on the big white coaster like 8 times. I remember more from CA than from DL. We saw a music group called Blast at the Hyperion. All I remember doing at DL was the Matterhorn. And my brother did Storybookland and thought it was boring.....WHY I don't remember ANYTHING else from 3 trips is a mystery. :spy:

Beast_fanatic
01-06-2008, 01:11 AM
:eek: I'm so glad to hear that Emma's OK! How very scary that must have been! Good job, Dan!

Shhhhh.... maybe she won't notice.

Actually, I did notice, but I was going to let it pass due to emotional distress. :thumbsup:

I remember wine and rum being offered, but is anyone offering margaritas? :marg: I could go for one of those right now.

Tink&Goofy
01-06-2008, 01:29 AM
How come I've never heard of Smoky Bones? And would this February trip likely cover a weekend? Or at least a Friday or Saturday night? And where on Long Island are you talking about? I'd love to meet you.
I'd never heard of Smoky Bones either, but its fantastic BBQ. IF I get to go, the work portion would be Feb 4-9 (M-F). Normally its noon monday to noon Friday, however, since I come from so far away, there is no way to get there in only 1/2 day travel. So I am usually allowed whatever works, which includes traveling on Sunday and then on Saturday, etc. So I would see what works for everyone. I am willing to stay another day on my own tab, if I get to meet you all!! :D Guess I need to first see if I am going! :blush:

I remember wine and rum being offered, but is anyone offering margaritas? :marg: I could go for one of those right now.
Fresh out of Tequila.....but the rum's not gone! :D Do you think Captain Jack would approve?

trackbarroness
01-06-2008, 04:44 AM
there's a Smokey Bones down here, so who's buying lunch/dinner? :D Lololol
There's also Sonny's down here some where, just can't seem to find it. 30 days until PirateGal and I fist DVC stay, and I just can't wait. I'm just wondering if I ought to change one of my days off so I don't have to worry about going in early on Friday. I wonder if it's early enough to request for that week anyway for Thursday and Friday off instead of my usual days off? hmmm

dlpmikki
01-06-2008, 05:26 AM
Smokey Bones was wonderful. Did you know that the chain was going to close but that they have been bought out by an affiliate of Sun Capital Partners (whoever they are)? They talk about making changes but I hope the quality stays as high.

Caroleh
01-06-2008, 07:35 AM
I'm sorry Carol...... Steelers blew it ! Can you believe they lost ?? :confused:

Oh well..... good night all. :D

I'd rather them lose it in a close game then a blow out. Would you rather they lost to Jacksonville in a close game or get blown away by New England next week? They had a good season considering how bad they were the year before.

drummerboy
01-06-2008, 09:32 AM
I think I'm in my 80's phase right now, with a little 70's thrown in!!
Wow, and I thought you were only in your 50s. :jaw:

We had a good time at the auction, as usual, but actually left before the bitter end last night. I was ready to check DW for a fever, but she just didn't see anything more that interested her. We came home with a humongous laundry basket that looks like it came out of a hotel or ship, a 'butcher block' end table for DD2 to match a coffee table she has, and a dress form for DD1's costume shop. I didn't see any tools that I didn't already have that I wanted to pay what they were bidding for.

Who wants to help me usher this morning?

Caroleh
01-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Wow, and I thought you were only in your 50s. :jaw:

...and a dress form for DD1's costume shop.

:haha: I really look good for my age don't I?

If I knew you wanted dress forms I would of sent you mine. I bought it used from my old manager and it sits around here collecting dust or rather holding unfinished clothing.

Mickey'sGirl
01-06-2008, 10:38 AM
:funny: You know I am not laughing at the trauma Blythe and Dan...but that was my exact thought (after I read that all was well). I am so glad that Emma is all right!

What was with all this football talk? I don't get the hype .... honestly ... especially with College Ball. Why weren't you all tuned into the World Juniors? A few local guys played... and the Canadians Kicked butt for the 4th consecutive year .... Great hockey! :hockey:

Yesterday we were gone all day running errands ... but I ended up with quite a coup! BOGO Free! pillows and a new 6 quart Professional Stand Mixer. I saved over $500 in these two stores alone! Should I bake some cookies for everyone?:D

Caroleh
01-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Yesterday we were gone all day running errands ... but I ended up with quite a coup! BOGO Free! pillows and a new 6 quart Professional Stand Mixer. I saved over $500 in these two stores alone! Should I bake some cookies for everyone?:D

Where did you get the mixer? I want one SO bad. If we have enough counter space, I'm getting one, even if it means I put off a trip to WDW. Did I just say that?

Mickey'sGirl
01-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Where did you get the mixer? I want one SO bad. If we have enough counter space, I'm getting one, even if it means I put off a trip to WDW. Did I just say that?
Caynes. You could get the very good 5 quart Heavy Duty Kitchenaid on sale for $250 (a very very very good price). I got my 6 quart for $500 (on sale from $700). They have an on-line shop if you Google their name. Fantastic prices.

My 10 year old 5 quart is slowly biting the bullet.... It has served me well, but I think I pushed it to far. Therefore the new robust purchase. Funny how none of the guys complained. Do you think they realize its arrival is a win win situation for everyone? I will quote #1 son who told me this morning "I guess "we" can make some Chocolate Chip Cookies today."

Caroleh
01-06-2008, 11:10 AM
My 10 year old 5 quart is slowly biting the bullet.... It has served me well, but I think I pushed it to far. Therefore the new robust purchase. Funny how none of the guys complained. Do you think they realize its arrival is a win win situation for everyone? I will quote #1 son who told me this morning "I guess "we" can make some Chocolate Chip Cookies today."

With lack of counter space, I don't have one, yet. My hand held mixer died over a year ago and we haven't replaced it. Gilles thought that the food processor could do the same job, until I made a cheesecake with it..really bad!!! Cheesecakes are my speciality and I'm dying to make one. I'm thinking for an open house, anyone coming?

alpro2
01-06-2008, 11:15 AM
With lack of counter space, I don't have one, yet. My hand held mixer died over a year ago and we haven't replaced it. Gilles thought that the food processor could do the same job, until I made a cheesecake with it..really bad!!! Cheesecakes are my speciality and I'm dying to make one. I'm thinking for an open house, anyone coming?
Excuses, excuses! Blame it on poor Gilles. While it is fresh on your mind, why don't you go out today and get one? This way, you can bake me some goodies. :D

Caroleh
01-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Excuses, excuses! Blame it on poor Gilles. While it is fresh on your mind, why don't you go out today and get one? This way, you can bake me some goodies. :D

Sorry, Alex, not today. We've got somethings to do..going to the house to see if I even have counters yet.:D Plus, if I buy it today, that'll mean I'll have to pack it back up. The less I have to pack the better off it'll be!! You'll have to wait until we move, is that okay? Jenn's making cookies, maybe she'll have some for you!!!

Hey, Jenn, when Harry helps does he eat the dough for you?

Dsnygirl
01-06-2008, 12:27 PM
WHY I don't remember ANYTHING else from 3 trips is a mystery. :spy:
It's funny you should say that, b/c I went to DL when I was in college (around '86) and I have NO recollections from it!! You'd think I'd remember something, but I don't! I'm to the point that I'm wondering if we just pulled in and decided not to stay!! :confused:

Actually, I did notice, but I was going to let it pass due to emotional distress. :thumbsup:

Thank you... hopefully, I won't need a "free pass" for any reason even close to this one ever again.... :blush:

Fresh out of Tequila.....but the rum's not gone! :D Do you think Captain Jack would approve?
Yup!!

Yesterday we were gone all day running errands ... but I ended up with quite a coup! BOGO Free! pillows and a new 6 quart Professional Stand Mixer. I saved over $500 in these two stores alone! Should I bake some cookies for everyone?
What is BOGO??? And I'm so jealous of your new mixer... I've wanted one for ages. The red one, and I'd even settle for a 5 quart!! :D

Caynes. You could get the very good 5 quart Heavy Duty Kitchenaid on sale for $250 (a very very very good price). I got my 6 quart for $500 (on sale from $700). They have an on-line shop if you Google their name. Fantastic prices.

I'll be Googling them next.... maybe I can convince Dan it'd be a great Valentine's Day present.... :blush:

How's everyone doing this Sunday afternoon? We're footloose and flame-free so far... :D ...probably taking the tree down and watching some football... and Julia got a crystal growing kit for Christmas, so she's all about that today. We started two yesterday - a "pink quartz" and a "frosty diamond". The pink quartz hasn't grown a lot yet, but the frosty diamonds are pretty cool!!

Caroleh
01-06-2008, 01:35 PM
What is BOGO???

How's everyone doing this Sunday afternoon?

BOGO=Buy One Get One Free! Can you tell I work in retail?

Hoping some heavy fog will lift. It's so thick we can't see the mall we next to, so we really don't want to go out, but right now I'm a little upset with our apartment complex I could scream, so I want to leave.

Even though our closing date is March 3 for the house, they say we are to pay rent until the 31 of March. Okay, I can except that, but they also said because we are moving they no longer have to give us 24 hours notice if they want to enter the apartment. That upsets me. If I'm at work they can enter the apartment. If we know they are coming in, we hide the laptop and other valuables. Now we won't be able to. We also prepare the cat..make a place for him so he'll feel comfortable, now that's gone. They could of cared less when we told them we have a cat and don't want him to get out.."we'll TRY to keep an eye out for him." Try, yeah, right. GRRRRRR...:mad:

Christine
01-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Hello people!

:whew: I think I'm finally getting things up and running at home...got all the suitcases unpacked and put up, have only one or two loads of :laundry: left, I did some light :cart: yesterday, washed the car, and got all the Christmas decor put away. All that AND I worked this morning :faint:

Today I need to clean the house desparately! How is it possible that a fake tree sheds "needles" too?

I hope you guys are all doing well. I haven't read back much...just thought I'd jump right in!

It's good to be back in JQ...I missed you guys!:grouphug:

drummerboy
01-06-2008, 02:02 PM
It's good to be back in JQ...I missed you guys!:grouphug:
You better read back and see how much you had everyone worried. Here's a :nono: for all of us.

Good to see you back safe and sound. Enjoyed your trip reports--you do a good job of bringing us into the action (even if it is scary). Hope everything settles back to normal for a while.

I'd offer leftovers from our trip to Golden Corral, but there aren't any. :blush: Except desserts--DW and I are trying to cut back on sugar, so we bypassed those. :eyes: Can you believe, we're even passing on the cookies for now? How will anyone bribe me?