PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions: Be It Hereby Resolved...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

alpro2
01-18-2008, 09:00 AM
...Do you have gas or do you heat with oil? Maybe Alex or Pogo can help you with the gas... :D
Jealous? Although, I am sure Brian can keep up with the best of us. :D

alpro2
01-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Moulin Rouge is a favourite of mine -- Any guesses why? I love the Elephant Song....

I thought that song was lovely... and I also liked the song/dance they did when Satine was going to go to the Duke near the end... I have no idea what it was called, though... and somebody should have warned me about the ending!! Granted, I saw it coming - but still - :(

Do you wonder why we have gas? :D

disneydrmr
01-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Well, we don't live in England, do we?

Lucky for the English! :D

:hi: Di! Have you put in a programmable thermostat? One will save you $$ for sure. I hope you stay warm. Do you have gas or do you heat with oil? Maybe Alex or Pogo can help you with the gas... :D

Hi Jenn! No, we have an old fashioned thermostat. No money for an upgrade at this time. Ours is actuallya gas/electric heat mix. Our main problem is the owners before us put an addition onto the house (the living room and our master bedroom) and failed to add enough insulation into the walls and into the attic. You can actually feel the cold coming thru the walls. So the front part of the house (and the area we 'live' in) is always much colder than the back part of the house. And right now my doggies have been helping out with the gas :sick: I was very tempted last night to put Rascal outside for good!

We should be so luck as to have an electric bill as low as $200 in the winter here (even with moderate temps that we have). It's supposed to go into the low twenties for the next two or three nights, and that really racks up the bills when you have nothing but heat pumps.

Oh, the luncheon went well yesterday. I even remembered most of their names.

What do you keep your temp set at though... that's my main 'gripe'... to pay out $200 a month to keep your home between 64 and 65 degrees.. ick! We use a lot of blankets and we do have one space heater.... we've tried to have a few more but they all seem to blow fuses. I really believe we bought a lemon for a house.

Glad your luncheon went well. So does that mean you get the joy of hosting future functions as well?

pogo
01-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Is it wrong to like Mondays better than Fridays? No - not wrong... but definitly strange and weird! But.. this is Pogo we are talking about!

I resemble that remark !

:fresh:

Maybe Alex or Pogo can help you with the gas.
You too Cousin ???? :shake: And I've missed you so much ! :(

But..... did you remember your own ??? :blush:

Jealous? Although, I am sure Brian can keep up with the best of us.
Amen, brother.... I've seen him in action ! :D

drummerboy
01-18-2008, 10:21 AM
What are heat pumps??
Heat pumps run solely on electricity. They will heat in winter and cool in summer. Not absolutely certain how the concept works, so I won't try to 'splain it. Biggest problem in winter is the heat strips that kick in once it gets too cold for the heat pump to work efficiently (around thirty degrees or less).

What do you keep your temp set at though... that's my main 'gripe'... to pay out $200 a month to keep your home between 64 and 65 degrees.. ick!

Glad your luncheon went well. So does that mean you get the joy of hosting future functions as well?
Most of the house stays at 64-65 degrees because DW likes it that way (we have three heat pumps, so different parts of the house can have different settings). Another problem is that our town has its own electric system and has very high rates.

I'm supposed to go off the chamber board this year, but I may wind up being appointed to fill out the term of someone who had to drop off, so I may have that joy again. Actually, all the theater experience helps, because I usually feel comfortable speaking to crowds. It's the one-on-one that gives me problems sometimes.

[CENTER]But..... did you remember your own ??? :blush:
Come to think of it, I think I did say, "Hi, my name is Tom..." :D

For some strange reason, I don't seem to have any obligations this weekend. Think DW will remedy that situation?

Beast_fanatic
01-18-2008, 10:48 AM
Do you think it's wrong to like Mondays better then Friday ? :confused:

It's a bit twisted unless you work the weekends. Does that mean you like your co-workers and clients better than you like your wife and friends?

Just baked a batch of Canadian Open Oatmeal cookies (for real!) anyone interested?

Just what are "Canadian Open Oatmeal" cookies? Do they in any way involve golf? :golf:

disneydeb
01-18-2008, 10:59 AM
I really believe we bought a lemon for a house.

That's different! I 've heard of a little lady who lived in a shoe, but not a citrus fruit.:D

In case anyone is wondering, I took sick leave today. Remember, I have laryngitis?

Beast_fanatic
01-18-2008, 11:46 AM
In case anyone is wondering, I took sick leave today. Remember, I have laryngitis?

Yes, we remember. :pixie: We just still don't understand why laryngitis impacted your fingers so that you couldn't "talk" to us. :confused:

Uh oh, looks like we're getting in the neighborhood of moving again. Could we go somewhere nice and warm this time? Maybe Hawaii or Jamaica or better yet, Castaway Cay! What do you say, Ken?

Mickey'sGirl
01-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi Jenn! No, we have an old fashioned thermostat. No money for an upgrade at this time.
$30 for a basic one at your local hardware store!:thumbsup: Good for the wallet and the environment!

You too Cousin ???? :shake: And I've missed you so much ! :(Alex made me do it? :hug: to you too Cousin! How long until your resort opens again?
For some strange reason, I don't seem to have any obligations this weekend. Think DW will remedy that situation?I have faith in your DW's abilities... If she doesn't have anything... I can rustle something up for you I am sure... You are good with wood, no?

That's different! I 've heard of a little lady who lived in a shoe, but not a citrus fruit.:D
Made me think of James and the Giant Peach (Roald Dahl) -- which I read in Grace 3. Is it strange that I can remember what I read in each grade level up to and including my 4 years at University? I :heart: books!

Dsnygirl
01-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Do you wonder why we have gas?
Nope... never wondered... just accepted it as part of the package and bought some masks... :D

For some strange reason, I don't seem to have any obligations this weekend. Think DW will remedy that situation?
Don't we always??? It's a gift!! :blush:

Could we go somewhere nice and warm this time? Maybe Hawaii or Jamaica or better yet, Castaway Cay! What do you say, Ken?
Ooooh... I vote for Castaway Cay!! Absolutely!! :vacation: Can we even go on the :pirate: ship there?? DH would love that!!

Mickey'sGirl
01-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Blythe...How did the search go today? I don't envy you one bit! For as much as the process of selling our last home about killed me -- I disliked the search even more! :hug: and a :marg: to get you through!

Jasper
01-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi all. Just zooping in to see what everyone is up to. Sorry for checking in the other day and then not coming back but I have had a rough few days with my back!

On Wednesday evening I was walking on the treadmill as I am suppose to do when I felt something pop in my back and had immediate severe pain shoot through my entire body! Needless to say I stopped what I was doing and called the doctor.

To make a long evening short, they did a bunch of x-rays and stuff and decided that I must have just moved the wrong way and caused something to "shift" and bounce off a nerve which is what caused the pain. As you would expect they have backed off the therapy and put me back to almost complete bed rest again.

Fortunately whatever it was seems to have been nothing more than a temporary setback because today I am feeling about like I did before I had this problem. Just don't tell the doctor or my wife that I am sitting up and posting! They all think I am flat on my back watching cartoons and soap operas but there is only so much of that a person can take before their brain melts!!

Anyway, I probably won't be back for a few days so I will leave you with an old chestnut of a question; How do you know when a politician is lying?
When their mouth is moving!!

Dsnygirl
01-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Blythe...How did the search go today? I don't envy you one bit! For as much as the process of selling our last home about killed me -- I disliked the search even more! :hug: and a :marg: to get you through!
Thanks!! :) I didn't really care for the house, although the lot it was on was beautiful. We really aren't looking to buy an existing house unless it's this one... unless an irrisistible one hits the market in the next few months!! Most of the looking I'm doing is just price comparison - what their asking price is vs. ammenities vs. what we can build for the same price. If we can find a buildable lot we like, it's probably the best thing financially for us to just build -- it's what we were most likely going to do next year, anyway, so although it'd make it a bit of a crunch to pull it off now, at least it'd be over with!! So - the true work lies with Dan and his "land guy" at work, seeing if they can find a lot that is both buildable and available to us... there are quite a few nice ones around here, but the current owner/builder doesn't want to sell them to another builder. :( But, maybe they'll come across one that works --if not, then we'll probably just buy this one and stay put for 2 years -- we like it enough to buy it, it's just a bit older and smaller than what we'd like to stay in for 2 more years. But hey - could be worse, right??
As sick as it sounds, I actually like "the hunt" and the whole moving process... I'm one of those people that always likes to have a project in the works, and this fits the bill perfectly!! Plus, I just love houses and exploring and decorating, so this is right up my alley. Drives Dan crazy... he hates the chaos of it all... but at least one of us enjoys it, and that helps the sanity level stay reasonable!!
Thanks for asking and for the hug -- and definitely for the :marg: - you know just what I need!! :D

So - what's everyone else up to this fine Friday?? I have Emma home with me again... the school nurse called while I was out and she was there w/ a fever and feeling sick to her stomach... so she's on the couch with ginger ale and saltines again. :( Poor thing... I hope this virus finally runs it's course!! (And thank goodness it's the weekend!!)

Dsnygirl
01-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Hi all. Just zooping in to see what everyone is up to. Sorry for checking in the other day and then not coming back but I have had a rough few days with my back!

Jasper, I'm glad to see you here -- and so sorry to hear your back is giving you such a rough time!! But it's good you feel better today - hopefully that was just a momentary thing, and you'll keep getting better and better. And I hear you about the soaps and cartoons and game shows... I remember being on bedrest for just a few days when I was sick while pregnant w/ Emma... eventually, just turning the TV on made me :sick:!! Thank goodness for my books... are you reading anything good right now??
Sending loads more :pixie::pixie::pixie: your way -- keep us up-to-date as you can!! :)

pogo
01-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Come to think of it, I think I did say, "Hi, my name is Tom..."
Who's Tom ??? :D

It's a bit twisted unless you work the weekends. Does that mean you like your co-workers and clients better than you like your wife and friends?

Not at all.... I make my WDW money during the week. It gives me 5 days to work towards our trip, silly ! :D

Can you speak up please.... we can't hear you. ;)

Alex made me do it? :hug: to you too Cousin! How long until your resort opens again?
The resort has a soft opening in 12 weeks and then a complete opening in 16 weeks. I just checked and I don't see that you have any ressies yet ! :( We still have some good dates open ! :thumbsup:

Ooooh... I vote for Castaway Cay!! Absolutely!!
We really want to go back on DCL and we were very tempted to go in May for a double shot at Castaway Cay ! :blush:

I disliked the search even more!

Hang in there, Neighbor... it'll get better. :D

alpro2
01-18-2008, 12:22 PM
$Alex made me do it? :hug: to you too Cousin!

Made me think of James and the Giant Peach (Roald Dahl) -- which I read in Grace 3. Is it strange that I can remember what I read in each grade level up to and including my 4 years at University? I :heart: books!
I made you do it, huh (eh)? Eaten bread is soon forgotten! Just remember the good times we all had at the Intercot 10th Anniversary bash (you remember Di, don't you? The bash that most of us were at except you! :thedolls:).

Yes it is strange that you remember WAY back to the early years. That's because you are such a Hermione! :D

Nope... never wondered... just accepted it as part of the package and bought some masks... :D

And what great packages we are! :D

Originally Posted by Jasper
They all think I am flat on my back watching cartoons and soap operas but there is only so much of that a person can take before their brain melts!!

Funny how both of us know the whole daytime TV schedule. :D

Beast_fanatic
01-18-2008, 12:33 PM
On Wednesday evening I was walking on the treadmill as I am suppose to do when I felt something pop in my back and had immediate severe pain shoot through my entire body!

Fortunately whatever it was seems to have been nothing more than a temporary setback because today I am feeling about like I did before I had this problem.

Hi Jasper! :hi: Sorry to hear about your setback, but glad to hear you're feeling better again! How about watching some DVDs to keep you entertained?

offwego
01-18-2008, 12:44 PM
(you remember Di, don't you? The bash that most of us were at except you! :thedolls:).
Apparently Di they missed you but not me.

Should my feelings be bruised? You all do know that bankers are allowed feelings right?

disneydrmr
01-18-2008, 12:51 PM

If she doesn't I sure can! I have a toilet that needs repaired, a hot water heater that needs replaced, two doggies that need groomed....

That's different! I 've heard of a little lady who lived in a shoe, but not a citrus fruit.

Yeah, I thought of the whole living in a shoe deal.. but I figured that living in a citrus fruit would smell A LOT better! :D

Hope that laryngitis goes away soon... we're all having such a hard time 'hearing' you.

Uh oh, looks like we're getting in the neighborhood of moving again. Could we go somewhere nice and warm this time? Maybe Hawaii or Jamaica or better yet, Castaway Cay! What do you say, Ken?

My vote is for Hawaii!!!! We could put Alex, Ken and Pogo into grass skirts and coconut tops!!! :D

$30 for a basic one at your local hardware store! Good for the wallet and the environment!

Yeah, but who's gonna install it? Dh is not allowed to attempt to fix anything in the house!

Hey Jasper! Glad to see you again! Sorry to hear about your setback, but glad to hear it was just a temporary and minor one! Rest up! Take it easy! Should we get a couple of tin cans and some thread and make a tin can phone and stretch it from your house to Alex's house? - then you guys can keep each other company all day and discuss your soaps and the latest Ophrah episode.

So - what's everyone else up to this fine Friday?? I have Emma home with me again... the school nurse called while I was out and she was there w/ a fever and feeling sick to her stomach... so she's on the couch with ginger ale and saltines again. :( Poor thing... I hope this virus finally runs it's course!! (And thank goodness it's the weekend!!)

I'm working, as always... while my dh is sitting at home on his you know what, not making any money...:mad:

Sorry to hear that Emma is sick. Spray that Lysol and get those germs out of there!

Who's Tom ??? :D

Isn't Tom a cat?

Just remember the good times we all had at the Intercot 10th Anniversary bash (you remember Di, don't you? The bash that most of us were at except you! :thedolls:).

:fresh:

pogo
01-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Eaten bread is soon forgotten! Just remember the good times we all had at the Intercot 10th Anniversary bash (you remember Di, don't you? The bash that most of us were at except you!
Personal Foul... on Alex.... Unnecessary Roughness..... Di Bashing.... 15 yard penelty, reply the down !

Apparently Di they missed you but not me.

Should my feelings be bruised? You all do know that bankers are allowed feelings right?
You have feelings ?? :confused:

Oh, I know you do.... but I needed a question so I wouldn't get Rhonda mad at me. Sorry. :hug:

Dsnygirl
01-18-2008, 01:11 PM
And what great packages we are! :D

Hmmm.... so many comments, so little space to type them all... plus, family-friendly site and all... :D

My vote is for Hawaii!!!! We could put Alex, Ken and Pogo into grass skirts and coconut tops!!!
Isn't Tom a cat?
Yes, but would they look this good??? ;) Hawaiian girls (http://picasaweb.google.com/Blytheny/OurHawaiianGirlsFeb07)

According to Julia, he is... when she met him, he had a gray jacket and hood on, and she said all he needed was Jerry!! :D

Hang in there, Neighbor... it'll get better.
I think you have your Neighbors and Cousins mixed up... it's your Cousin who hated searching... it's your crazy Neighbor who loves it!! :crazy:

disneydrmr
01-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Personal Foul... on Alex.... Unnecessary Roughness..... Di Bashing.... 15 yard penelty, reply the down !

:ref: Thanks Pogo! :hug: But you are suppossed to throw a flag on the play NOT a stuffed Aflac duck. :D

Yes, but would they look this good??? ;) Hawaiian girls (http://picasaweb.google.com/Blytheny/OurHawaiianGirlsFeb07)

According to Julia, he is... when she met him, he had a gray jacket and hood on, and she said all he needed was Jerry!! :D

Awwww..... your girls are so cute! No, the guys wouldn't look THAT good.. but I'm sure they would look FUNNY!

Did Pogo's jacket hood have cat ears attached? (hey - I was desperate for a question)

drummerboy
01-18-2008, 03:21 PM
To make a long evening short, they did a bunch of x-rays and stuff and decided that I must have just moved the wrong way and caused something to "shift" and bounce off a nerve which is what caused the pain.
DW gets those zings once in a while. Glad it seems to be temporary. Keep us posted when you can.

My vote is for Hawaii!!!! We could put Alex, Ken and Pogo into grass skirts and coconut tops!!! :D
I uh, er uh, ....you'd really be that cruel to the rest of your fellow JQers as to subject them to that?

Not fair! Not fair! Injecting cuteness into the equation is a 15 yd penalty.

pogo
01-18-2008, 03:26 PM
According to Julia, he is... when she met him, he had a gray jacket and hood on, and she said all he needed was Jerry!!
Yep.... and what is it I said to her ?? :confused:

I said she could be Jerry !:funny:

She wouldn't leave me alone the rest of the day. :cloud9:

:ref: Thanks Pogo! :hug: But you are suppossed to throw a flag on the play NOT a stuffed Aflac duck.
You are welcome, Diane......... :fresh:

Dsnygirl
01-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Did Pogo's jacket hood have cat ears attached? (hey - I was desperate for a question)
Nope... but he was as good as "Tom" to her anyway!! :cat:

Not fair! Not fair! Injecting cuteness into the equation is a 15 yd penalty.
Sorry... :blush:

Yep.... and what is it I said to her ??

I said she could be Jerry !

She wouldn't leave me alone the rest of the day. :cloud9:

And she still loves to hear from you!! Must be that feline charm... :D

So - anybody doing anything fun this weekend?? Please say yes so I can live vicariously through you... I don't mind working 3 nights in a row, but over a weekend is kind-of :sick:. Plus, we have some new rules going down on one of the floors I work on, so my computer time there will be severly limited when it's slow. :( Thank goodness I can float elsewhere... :thumbsup:

offwego
01-18-2008, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=pogo;1521253
Oh, I know you do.... but I needed a question so I wouldn't get Rhonda mad at me. Sorry. :hug:[/QUOTE]

and your only option was picking on me? HMM..defending Di but leaving me out to dry...apparently your not worried about my stress eating are you?

offwego
01-18-2008, 04:30 PM
So - anybody doing anything fun this weekend?? Please say yes so I can live vicariously through you... :

Does shopping in Detroit count? It's mostly for household stuff so it's not clothes shopping (or not much anyway)

Beast_fanatic
01-18-2008, 04:33 PM
So, did Christine actually go to WDW this weekend?

Christine
01-18-2008, 05:28 PM
So, did Christine actually go to WDW this weekend?

No, actually Christine is going camping tonight. :( It's indoor (Discovery Science Center in Tyler), but it's still camping! Olivia's girl scout troop is going, and somehow I get to too! So we're headed off in the snow (did you get snow today too Rhonda?) to camp.

Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike camping???

Beast_fanatic
01-18-2008, 05:42 PM
No, actually Christine is going camping tonight. :( It's indoor (Discovery Science Center in Tyler), but it's still camping! Olivia's girl scout troop is going, and somehow I get to too! So we're headed off in the snow (did you get snow today too Rhonda?) to camp.

Well, I hadn't seen you around since John posted that he was happy you are getting to go, so I thought maybe you had followed your impulse! :crazy:

We got a teeny tiny bit of sneet (sleet and snow mixed), but it didn't amount to anything. Did you have accumulation?

drummerboy
01-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Who'a thunk it?

I was hoping to hold out until Valentine's to load the ol' bus up again, but it looks like we're not even going to make it out of January. I'm surprised this thread isn't floating at the top of the board with all the hot air.

Stand by for further instructions in the near future.

dlpmikki
01-18-2008, 06:11 PM
I thought camping was Christines favourite pastime? :thedolls:

How is it that Pogo is coming over as the knight in shining armour and the black knight all at the same time?

How come you guys talk so much in such a short space of time (and relative dimensions in space)?

trackbarroness
01-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Are we ready for the next flight?
Idk the last flight made me a bit dizzy.
And I have to work tomorrow. :D
Did anyone have any of these cookies?
we have chocolate chip, monster cookies loaded with loads of goodies. :D
chocolate chip peanut buter, oat meal with and with out raisins, well anyway all kinds of cookies for our enjoyment. So who wants some? Or least one, because their huge. :D lol

BronxTigger
01-18-2008, 07:39 PM

Oh that actually sounds like fun! When I was in Girl Scouts, one year we went to the Pacific Science Center in Seattle and spent the night with a bunch of other Girl Scout troops. The place was closed to the public and we got to sleep on the floor of the Center for the night. They had special activities late into the night and then again the next morning! Will you tell us about it when you get back?

And why are you speaking in the 3rd person?

Natazu
01-18-2008, 08:42 PM
Just what are "Canadian Open Oatmeal" cookies? Do they in any way involve golf?
:funny:

In case anyone is wondering, I took sick leave today. Remember, I have laryngitis?S'ok, I turned the brightness up on my monitor

I have Emma home with me again... the school nurse called while I was out and she was there w/ a fever and feeling sick to her stomach... so she's on the couch with ginger ale and saltines again. Poor thing... I hope this virus finally runs it's course!! (And thank goodness it's the weekend!!)sending pixie dust :pixie:

My vote is for Hawaii!!!! We could put Alex, Ken and Pogo into grass skirts and coconut tops!!!
now I'm sick

Thanks Pogo! But you are suppossed to throw a flag on the play NOT a stuffed Aflac duck.
:laughing::clappy::funny::rotfl::faint::ambal:

pogo
01-18-2008, 08:43 PM
No, actually Christine is going camping tonight.

Are you really ??? How did you get talked into this ? :confused:

I was hoping to hold out until Valentine's to load the ol' bus up again, but it looks like we're not even going to make it out of January. I'm surprised this thread isn't floating at the top of the board with all the hot air.

Stand by for further instructions in the near future.
Come on Big Guy.... can't you give us a hint ?? :D

How is it that Pogo is coming over as the knight in shining armour and the black knight all at the same time?

I just kind of works out that way..... do you know what I mean ?? :D

So who wants some? Or least one, because their huge.
None for me.... we just got back from the Roadhouse Bar and Grill ! Great Steak and two for one, Ice cold beer ! :cloud9:

Oh that actually sounds like fun! When I was in Girl Scouts, one year we went to the Pacific Science Center in Seattle and spent the night with a bunch of other Girl Scout troops. The place was closed to the public and we got to sleep on the floor of the Center for the night.
You can come sleep on our floor any time you'd like if it helps bring back memories ! :D

Tink&Goofy
01-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Well, he's in bed, and I'm in the office, so nope, not right now. Besides, he doesn't like it when I put my cold hands on him. :freeze:
Try the cold feet - I'm sure he will love those too! :D

Just a tad giddy last night. Get out much? :D
How bout you - been hittin the town lately?:D

Do you have gas or do you heat with oil? Maybe Alex or Pogo can help you with the gas... :D
Ours is forced-air gas...and I REALLY don't want Alex or Pogo anywhere near that! :funny:

Heat pumps run solely on electricity. They will heat in winter and cool in summer. Biggest problem in winter is the heat strips that kick in once it gets too cold for the heat pump to work efficiently (around thirty degrees or less).

We had a heat pump in our old house. Worked pretty good as air conditioning in the summer, but in the winter, when it got below freezing (which it does very frequently) the heat pump could not keep up. In this climate you have to have a furnace too - as a backup.

As sick as it sounds, I actually like "the hunt" and the whole moving process... I'm one of those people that always likes to have a project in the works, and this fits the bill perfectly!! Plus, I just love houses and exploring and decorating, so this is right up my alley. Drives Dan crazy... he hates the chaos of it all... but at least one of us enjoys it, and that helps the sanity level stay reasonable!!
Thanks for asking and for the hug -- and definitely for the :marg: - you know just what I need!! :D

I love looking at/for houses too. Seems we have spent most of our married life looking for the "perfect house". I don't even really mind the move. What I don't like is having to list a house, and have it shown, while you are still living in it.

So this is officially Moms Birthday weekend at my house. My step mom's Bday is today, my mom's in tomorrow, and my MIL in on Sunday (hey, at least I don't worry about forgetting them!). My mom will be 70. Wow. Kinds shocking - especially since she looks and acts like someone in her mid 50s. I hope I grow old(er) with as much spunk as her!
So whats for dinner? (or what WAS for dinner to you "easterners").

Beast_fanatic
01-18-2008, 09:06 PM
S'ok, I turned the brightness up on my monitor

sending pixie dust :pixie:

now I'm sick

:laughing::clappy::funny::rotfl::faint::ambal:

Does anyone see a question in there anywhere? :nono:

ElenitaB
01-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Hi, Jasper! Glad you've recovered from your "pop." When I was home on leave, I really did discover that too much TV can melt your brain. Thank goodness for Netflix.

Glad to hear that there were no hot dogs, ball games or bouncy attractions involved!

Is that why your post sounds so raspy?

Castaway Cay sounds great. Should I stake us out a spot when I'm there in, oh, 32 days (:muscles:) or just meet you there?

If we go to CC, we can dress them up as pirates.

Isn't Tom a cat?
I thought Tom was a turkey. :confused:

Does shopping in Detroit count? It's mostly for household stuff so it's not clothes shopping (or not much anyway)
While you're at it, can you get me a dining room set?

How come you guys talk so much in such a short space of time (and relative dimensions in space)?
Hi, Mikki! When does your next season start? We have to wait until 26 Jan.

So whats for dinner? (or what WAS for dinner to you "easterners").
Today was a really busy day so we ordered out. There's extra gyro, salad, tzatiki and pita, if you'd like some.

Tomorrow I reclaim my living room when a friend comes to take away a treadmill! I'm so excited.

ElenitaB
01-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Rhonda, are you feeling better?

Beast_fanatic
01-18-2008, 09:33 PM

Do you think we have an unhealthy obsession with pirates?

tzatiki

Bless you! ;)

Rhonda, are you feeling better?

Yes, thanks. I feel fine today. I really do think it was the chicken noodle soup. :thumbsup: How's Ben feeling?

disneydeb
01-18-2008, 09:40 PM
I've been lurking today instead of posting much. I went to the Dr. and got medicine and shots and had a breathing treatment.

What are you going to do with all the money Bush is sending to us? I really didn't know the government was in that great financial position. Did anyone else see it coming?

mouseaddict
01-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Just what are "Canadian Open Oatmeal" cookies? Do they in any way involve golf? :golf:
Why yes they do!!! My mom worked for the RCGA in Oakville and she got the recipe from one of the pastry chefs at the tournament..

Anyone got any exciting plans this weekend?

Dsnygirl
01-18-2008, 09:51 PM
No, actually Christine is going camping tonight. It's indoor (Discovery Science Center in Tyler), but it's still camping! Olivia's girl scout troop is going, and somehow I get to too! So we're headed off in the snow (did you get snow today too Rhonda?) to camp.

I have to say, as a former Campfire Girl, nothing indoors is camping!! Just sleeping on a floor. ;)

Snow?? Did you say snow??? Wow... snow and "camping" in one day... you must be near a breakdown...

We got a teeny tiny bit of sneet ...
:rotfl:

A little too much Dr. Who, Mikki??? Wish I could say the same... I miss that show... :(

What I don't like is having to list a house, and have it shown, while you are still living in it.

Me too... that is the absolute worst. And having only done it once, that was enough for me... well, actually we've sold twice, but our townhouse in NH sold the day we first showed it, to the first person who looked!!!

Perfect!!! That I'd like to see!! :)

I know I do.... :D

What are you going to do with all the money Bush is sending to us? I really didn't know the government was in that great financial position. Did anyone else see it coming?
At first, I put a :scratch:, but then after I posted, I went and read the news on MSNBC and saw what you were talking about. Nope... didn't see it coming... it'll be interesting to see what happens!!

Anyone got any exciting plans this weekend?
Nope... :(

Did I get a question in there anywhere??

Natazu
01-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Does anyone see a question in there anywhere? :nono:
I don't have any cookies right now. There's some biscotti, sfogliatelle, and canned biscuits. Any of that ok?

Tink&Goofy
01-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Just remember, if this is anything like last time, it would be an "advance" of the amount you would normally get refunded, not an additional amount. So you get the same refund - just earlier. ;)

I don't have any cookies right now. There's some biscotti, sfogliatelle, and canned biscuits. Any of that ok?
Are you trying to bribe her? :D

Did anyone notice anything different about me? :blush::curtsy:

Beast_fanatic
01-18-2008, 10:59 PM
sfogliatelle

Are those just random letters thrown together?

Did anyone notice anything different about me? :curtsy:

You have bozo the clown hair? ;)

Congrats on 1K! :fworks:

disneydeb
01-18-2008, 10:59 PM
Just remember, if this is anything like last time, it would be an "advance" of the amount you would normally get refunded, not an additional amount. So you get the same refund - just earlier. ;)

Yes, I conveniently forgot about that!:D

and

:party:Congratulations on 1K!:party:

Beast_fanatic
01-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Yes, I conveniently forgot about that!:D

and

Deb, are you taking lessons from Jym? :nono:

drummerboy
01-19-2008, 12:54 AM

Now, Rhonda. :nono: At least she had a question.

Speaking of which, we seem to have a rash of interrogamnesia lately, don't we?

And congratulations T&G on 1K. It looks nice on you despite some catty people's remarks. I think Rhonda was just jealous of your lovely red locks. Or bows. Or whatever.

Natazu
01-19-2008, 01:45 AM

BAAM!

Are those just random letters thrown together?
::shake:

Now, Rhonda. At least she had a question.
Do I detect a note of Payattentionness?

ElenitaB
01-19-2008, 02:00 AM

Unhealthy? Heck no! No... I won't go further with my answer :blush:

Originally Posted by ElenitaB
tzatiki
Bless you!
:rotfl:

I've been lurking today instead of posting much. I went to the Dr. and got medicine and shots and had a breathing treatment.
Hope all that medical attention is helping. And here I thought you had just taken a mental health day.

A little too much Dr. Who, Mikki??? Wish I could say the same... I miss that show...
Never too much of the Doctor! :nono: You too can watch it... BBC-America on Saturday nights, starting on the 26th at 7:00 pm. You'll need to get Dan to record it for you. We can lend you the first three seasons on DVD.

I read on CNN that they're planning something like in 2001. Was that money in addition to or just part of our refund that year? :confused: I'm planning on filing the first week of February. Will this be in February or March?

Congrats on 1K, Cindy! :thumbsup:

Hi, Jym! My contribution for the top 7 names for a girl are Francesca, Sofia and Giselle. I'd vote for Rebecca though.

Tink&Goofy
01-19-2008, 02:05 AM
Congrats on 1K! :fworks:

And congratulations T&G on 1K. It looks nice on you despite some catty people's remarks.
I feel like such a rookie! Gonna need alot of :blah::blah: to catch up with ya'll!

BAAM!

Not a huge Emeril fan. However, I will admit to watching more than my share of cooking shows when I was recovering from surgery and trying to prevent DD from being to much of a preemie.

We are supposed to get REALLY cold starting on monday. Lows in the low teens with extremely high wind chill - as the winds will be 35+. If its going to get that cold, don't you think it could at least snow????

Tink&Goofy
01-19-2008, 02:12 AM
I read on CNN that they're planning something like in 2001. Was that money in addition to or just part of our refund that year? :confused: I'm planning on filing the first week of February. Will this be in February or March?

Congrats on 1K, Cindy! :thumbsup:

Hi, Jym! My contribution for the top 7 names for a girl are Francesca, Sofia and Giselle. I'd vote for Rebecca though.
I haven't heard for sure about this time, but would assume it is like before, which was just an advance of the refund you were entitled to down the road. (OK, the CPA comes out in me! :blush:).

I love Sofia! Thats adorable. I have always liked Madison for a girl, but my DH wouldn't go for it.

Jym - just remember to consider what initials the kid will end up with! What are Rachel's name choices?

Dsnygirl
01-19-2008, 03:17 AM

:party: CONGRATS ON 1000!! :party:

Never too much of the Doctor! :nono: You too can watch it... BBC-America on Saturday nights, starting on the 26th at 7:00 pm. You'll need to get Dan to record it for you. We can lend you the first three seasons on DVD.
I'll have to check it out -- I was such a junkie when I was a teenager -- could never get enough of it!! Of course, that was back when Dr. Who was played by (the guy w/ the long scarf.... can't remember his name... :blush:)

Anyone still up??? Hello???

So - I'm too late to chat with anyone... :(... so I'll just say hello to all you sleeping folks and move on... I'll put some coffee on for all you sleepyheads, and catch you in the afternoon!!

Nite all!!

BronxTigger
01-19-2008, 03:27 AM
Good morning!

Blythe, I'm not "still up", but I just got up! Does that count?

I wonder how Christine is doing with her "camping". I hate true camping too, but I had a great time at the science center. I don't think I would enjoy sleeping on the floor as much now....it makes one's back a weebit sore!

BronxTigger
01-19-2008, 03:29 AM
Eeek! How did I miss this?

:trio:Congratulations on 1,000 T&G! :trio:

dlpmikki
01-19-2008, 03:36 AM
:party: CONGRATS ON 1000!! :party:

I'll have to check it out -- I was such a junkie when I was a teenager -- could never get enough of it!! Of course, that was back when Dr. Who was played by (the guy w/ the long scarf.... can't remember his name... :blush:)

Nite all!!
That would be Tom Baker :D

Congrats T&G :thumbsup:

Hi, Mikki! When does your next season start? We have to wait until 26 Jan.

Are you talking about Torchwood? It started last Wednesday.

Am I bad to be wanting it to rain today so I don't have to play a tennis match outside in the wind? I much prefer indoor tennis in the winter!

trackbarroness
01-19-2008, 05:02 AM
Which doctor Who? Remember there were too of them. The one who really looked the part or the other one that seemed more of a goof ball then a doctor? :D lolol
Good Morning anyone ready for Saturday? And no I haven't seen the weather forecast for the day either. :D lolol

dlpmikki
01-19-2008, 05:34 AM
Which doctor Who? Remember there were too of them. The one who really looked the part or the other one that seemed more of a goof ball then a doctor? :D lolol
Good Morning anyone ready for Saturday? And no I haven't seen the weather forecast for the day either. :D lolol

Actually there have been at least 10 Doctors. Can anyone else name all the actors playing the Doctor from the TV series in order? :D

BronxTigger
01-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Actually there have been at least 10 Doctors. Can anyone else name all the actors playing the Doctor from the TV series in order? :D

Oh, let me try!

Dr. Who, Dr. What, Dr. How, Dr. When, Dr. Where, Dr. Why, Dr. If-then, Dr. Can you, Dr. Are you, and Dr. Will you.

Am I right? :D

pogo
01-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Good morning all.... cold and snowy here on the north coast. Everybody ready for the weekend ?? You better be... it's here. :thumbsup:

Just remember, if this is anything like last time, it would be an "advance" of the amount you would normally get refunded, not an additional amount. So you get the same refund - just earlier.

Did anyone notice anything different about me?
Our news is saying it will be for everyone, not just an advance refund. We will have to wait and see.

Congratulations on 1000 !

You have bozo the clown hair?
Well yes.... she does have that ! :D

Deb, are you taking lessons from Jym?
Now that's a scary thought !:shake:

I feel like such a rookie!
You are ! :D

I love Sofia! Thats adorable. I have always liked Madison for a girl, but my DH wouldn't go for it.

Jym - just remember to consider what initials the kid will end up with!
My granddaughters names are Madison, Renae, Emma, 2 Julia's.... if you include Dan and Blythes ! ;)

So - I'm too late to chat with anyone...... so I'll just say hello to all you sleeping folks and move on... I'll put some coffee on for all you sleepyheads, and catch you in the afternoon!!

Nite all!!
Sleeping like a baby at that time !

Am I bad to be wanting it to rain today so I don't have to play a tennis match outside in the wind? I much prefer indoor tennis in the winter!
Nope.... you are just getting :old: and wiser !:thumbsup:

Good Morning anyone ready for Saturday? And no I haven't seen the weather forecast for the day either.
According to our newspaper you're in for a soggy day, 77 and rain. Sorry. :(

disneydeb
01-19-2008, 10:32 AM
Sorry about that question , Rhonda.:blush:

What can I do to make it up to you?

Jym. If I had another girl - I won't- but if I did, I would name her Mary.

You and Rachel have some great names selected. I believe a baby whispers the name to the parents before birth. Talk to the little fellow - sing to him/her and read it stories. I know Gage recognized my voice from prenatal times. God bless you all.

Mickey'sGirl
01-19-2008, 11:25 AM
You need to get yourself a Wii. It's Tennis 24/7 if you want!

You and Rachel have some great names selected. I believe a baby whispers the name to the parents before birth. Talk to the little fellow - sing to him/her and read it stories. I know Gage recognized my voice from prenatal times. God bless you all.Are you the nicest person alive, or what?

disneydeb
01-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Are you the nicest person alive, or what?

No, You are!:blush:

I'm off to the market before the cold wind hits- anyone want anything?:D

Tink&Goofy
01-19-2008, 01:25 PM

Actually its nowhere near red (or orange), and is about as straight as it gets.

I think Rhonda was just jealous of your lovely red locks. Or bows. Or whatever.
I don't create the smilies, I just use them. :D

Anyone still up??? Hello???

So - I'm too late to chat with anyone... :(... so I'll just say hello to all you sleeping folks and move on... I'll put some coffee on for all you sleepyheads, and catch you in the afternoon!!
OK, so now we are up...and look who's :sleepin:?

Everybody ready for the weekend ?? You better be... it's here. :thumbsup:
Yep, more than ready! I even get an extra day on Monday!!:D

So I hear that most of you guys are in for some snow! Sigh....we are just expecting cold, with REALLY low windchill. Like I said, if its gonna be cold, why doesn't it just snow??

ElenitaB
01-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Christine, did you survive? Was there a Starbucks in the general vicinity to sweeten this camping trip? ;)

Well, today is shaping up to be a good day. A friend from work came and took away one of the treadmills! :D Guess what... there's a living room in my apartment! And I decided to list some of my unwanted "stuff" (i.e., brand new deep fat fryer and NutriSystem food) on Craig's List and before the morning was out, people were inquiring. Hopefully, the items will be sold this weekend. Who knew it was that easy?

Are you talking about Torchwood? It started last Wednesday.

No fair! We have to wait until next Saturday for new seasons of Doctor Who (we're one year behind you) and the second season of Torchwood to start. :pout: But I don't mind watching reruns tonight.

Deb, you really are a sweetie pie! Love ya! YOU are one of the people who are my sunshine! Your throat feeling any better? Maybe Rhonda can send you some of her chicken soup.

I'm off to the market before the cold wind hits- anyone want anything?:D
I need a dozen eggs. Please get the brown free-range ones. And AAA batteries. Thanks!

So except for a battle with my hiatal hernia this afternoon (which was pretty darn scary for a few minutes there for me and Ben), I'm really in a really good mood. So should I clean house, do laundry, work or play Toontown?

BronxTigger
01-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Christine, did you survive? Was there a Starbucks in the general vicinity to sweeten this camping trip? ;)

Well, today is shaping up to be a good day. A friend from work came and took away one of the treadmills! :D Guess what... there's a living room in my apartment! And I decided to list some of my unwanted "stuff" (i.e., brand new deep fat fryer and NutriSystem food) on Craig's List and before the morning was out, people were inquiring. Hopefully, the items will be sold this weekend. Who knew it was that easy?

So except for a battle with my hiatal hernia this afternoon (which was pretty darn scary for a few minutes there for me and Ben), I'm really in a really good mood. So should I clean house, do laundry, work or play Toontown?

So Christine, how did it go?

Yay Ellen! I hope you can get rid of some of those unwanted things.

I don't know what that is, but it sounds scary. I suppose you should do laundry and clean so we can scrapbook tomorrow!

Christine
01-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Well, I hadn't seen you around since John posted that he was happy you are getting to go, so I thought maybe you had followed your impulse!

You know, something strange happened. I THOUGHT IT OUT and decided not to go b/c I haven't gotten any hospital bills from Celebration yet...decided I better hold onto whatever $$ I have for that. :( I sure hope this means I'm not fixing to grow up! John kept telling me to just go...that it would all work out, but common sense got the best of me, darn it!
If I can be serious for a minute, you guys really have no idea what a sweetie he is...he has no motive...he has always wanted me to have anything he can possibly give to make me me happy, no strings, no hidden agendas. I am so very blessed...he is a
DOLL! ! :heart:

I am going to have to check this out! Christine LOVES getting :spend:

I have to say, as a former Campfire Girl, nothing indoors is camping!! Just sleeping on a floor.
Snow?? Did you say snow??? Wow... snow and "camping" in one day... you must be near a breakdown...

Honey, I looked in the dictionary (okay, MY dictionary) and any time you sleep away from home and are NOT In a hotel, it's CAMPING!
And yes, we had snow and sleet! Didn't stick, but we had some serious fat flurries...it looked cool!

You have bozo the clown hair?

Congrats on 1K T&G!
You need to get yourself a Wii. It's Tennis 24/7 if you want!

AMEN sister! Mikki, you would LOVE it! Can that be played online too?

I wonder how Christine is doing with her "camping". I hate true camping too, but I had a great time at the science center. I don't think I would enjoy sleeping on the floor as much now....it makes one's back a weebit sore!

You really wanna know how the trip went? Are you sure?

We all met up at TGIFridays for dinner beforehand. Great!

I got a venti non-fat no whip mocha to head to the Science Center. AWESOME!

We got there and they took the girls to do all kind of activities and the moms sat and talked and talked and talked...SWEET!

THEN it was bedtime. After making my 4th trip unloading my car, I blew up the air mattress, made up the bedding including a down comforter, quilt, feather pillow, and ergo pillow, got into my pjs, socks, slippers, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and went to lay down....not loving the air mattress but knowing darn well it was a far cry better than the floor.

After laying there a few minutes, here comes Olivia (the girls were going to sleep IN the museum, the moms were in a classroom). Come to find out the museum showed them a movie to "wind them down" and get them ready for bed. What did they show? "Night at the Museum". So the older girl scouts tell the younger brownies that the things in THIS museum would come alive and get them (dinos and all) and all our girls come in running to sleep with us. ..FINE, no big deal.

THEN we lay there a bit longer and realize it's really cold. We go get a staff member and they tell us that the thermostat is programmed and LOCKED and the heat goes off after midnight, not to come on again until 7am to warm up for their 10 am opening to the public.

This is an OLD building downtown, my hair was literally moving from the drafts, and we were freezing all night! ALL night!!

So I "woke up" (can you wake up when you never went to sleep?) this morning stiff as a board from holding myself tense all night, both from the extreme cold AND sleeping with Olivia! She is a violent tosser and whenever we share a bed I just know she's going to break my nose or knock out my teeth or something with all her thrashing about!

At 8:15 I loaded my car (I'll have to post the picture of my car...it was completely packed and the campout was from 7:30 pm to 8:30 am...a whole 13 hours! ) and drove home, got in bed and crashed til 1 this afternoon!

Our next camping trip is a lockin in the Dallas Zoo. I am praying that we will have to pass due to soccer!!!

John took Olivia to lunch so I could rest. When he came back he brought me a petit for from the bakery as a reward...well that and he is sending me to WDW in May for a mother's day gift!!! May 8-11!!! My friend Stephanie is going to go with me!

Have I ever told you guys how much I love John??? :cloud9:

Christine
01-19-2008, 04:30 PM
I got so wrapped up reliving my camping experience, I forgot to ask:

Ellen, what happened with the hernia? Those are scary!
One of the moms last night had to go lay down for a while b/c of hers. She had surgery for an obstructed bowel a while back and has a hernia now.
The past week she has been battling a bad cold/cough, and the coughing caused her quite an attack from her hernia!

Are you okay?

Dsnygirl
01-19-2008, 05:29 PM
That would be Tom Baker...
That's right... thanks!!! He was my favorite...

My granddaughters names are Madison, Renae, Emma, 2 Julia's.... if you include Dan and Blythes !

Awww... you're so sweet.... I'm sure my girls would take you right up on that, so be careful... they lost their grandpas very young and would love to hear that comment... Did I mention that was sweet?? :)

You and Rachel have some great names selected. I believe a baby whispers the name to the parents before birth. Talk to the little fellow - sing to him/her and read it stories. I know Gage recognized my voice from prenatal times. God bless you all.

Are you the nicest person alive, or what?
Ditto!! :ditto:

OK, so now we are up...and look who's sleepin'?

Sorry... occupational hazard...

So except for a battle with my hiatal hernia this afternoon (which was pretty darn scary for a few minutes there for me and Ben)
Without grossing everybody out with TMI, I'll ask... did everything stay where it belonged?? I've had a very scary experience twice, and both times it was with rotisserie chicken - I just think it's too dry and doesn't go down easily - VERY scary - I can appreciate what you were feeling!! I'm hoping you're feeling better...

If I can be serious for a minute, you guys really have no idea what a sweetie he is...he has no motive...he has always wanted me to have anything he can possibly give to make me me happy, no strings, no hidden agendas. I am so very blessed...he is a
DOLL! !

Honey, I looked in the dictionary (okay, MY dictionary) and any time you sleep away from home and are NOT In a hotel, it's CAMPING!

John took Olivia to lunch so I could rest. When he came back he brought me a petit for from the bakery as a reward...well that and he is sending me to WDW in May for a mother's day gift!!! May 8-11!!! My friend Stephanie is going to go with me!

Have I ever told you guys how much I love John???
You're right... you are quite lucky... John sounds like an awesome guy!! :cloud9:

Guess what?? In my Random House College Dictionary, under the word "camp", definition number 5 will frighten you, so get ready... "5. any temporary structure, as a tent or cabin, used as an outing or vacation"... and number 10? "10. any recreational area area equipped with extensive facilities for sports". SO !!! Guess what you're doing when you're at WDW??? You're CAMPING!! You are temporarily away from home in a structure used for vacation... and often, you stay in a recreational area with EXTENSIVE facilities for sports!! :jaw: :faint: Are you going to be okay, do you think??? :D

Okay, just zooping in to say hi... I got up awhile ago, but didn't sleep all that well due to the fact that I forgot to crate Bailey and Dan & the girls were gone all day... so of course, when the mailman came and when they came home, Bailey had to act like the house was being approached by hordes of madmen and bark his fool head off... :( So, I'm off for more coffee and to figure out dinner... although Dan, bless his soul, will probably end up being the one to cook it. ;)

How's everyone's Saturday been???

ElenitaB
01-19-2008, 05:31 PM
That John is a real keeper! Can we clone him and make him a tad older? You know, like Ken and Pogo "young"?

I don't want to bore you all with the gruesome details. I'm just sad that Ben had to witness today's adventure. :( Of course, the hiatal hernia was a birthday gift from him (along with the stretch marks and spider veins). But I love him anyway.

Nap time for me... I got up early after staying up way too late last night. Don't worry, Bethany, we'll be scrapping tomorrow!

What's everyone up to?

Christine
01-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Guess what you're doing when you're at WDW??? You're CAMPING!! You are temporarily away from home in a structure used for vacation... and often, you stay in a recreational area with EXTENSIVE facilities for sports!!
That's it! We're staying at Movies from now on! :thumbsup:

That John is a real keeper! Can we clone him and make him a tad older? You know, like Ken and Pogo "young"?
I should try...I could make a fortune! He is sweet and giving, picks up after himself, is a good cook, is terribly funny...I could sell them by the hundreds!

I just have to figure out how to fix the "grumpy in the morning" trait...that one can get pretty nasty!:scared:

Ellen, hope you're feeling better...I don 't know much about hernias, but they don't sound pleasant!

So, it's 4:30 and I STILL haven't done a thing! I think last night tired me more than a week and a half at WDW! :faint:

Should I just chalk today up as a loss and wait for tomorrow???

ElenitaB
01-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Works for me! I think dinner tonight will be leftovers from today's lunch and even that was takeout. Who wants sushi? (Don't worry...it's been in the fridge.)

Christine
01-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Works for me! I think dinner tonight will be leftovers from today's lunch and even that was takeout. Who wants sushi? (Don't worry...it's been in the fridge.)

It's a deal! I'll take some sushi! Do you have a California Roll??? :tasty:

I can offer dessert! Does anyone want any Little Debbie brownies? I brought 2 dozen to take to the camp out last night. I told the girls and moms that I had brownies for a late night snack. One of the women looked in there (I put them in a tupperware) and said, "Those aren't real brownies! They're Little Debbies!"
:cry: That hurt my feelings! But I'll show them...next time I'll cook them some brownies! THAT will teach them! :thedolls:

BronxTigger
01-19-2008, 06:45 PM

I can offer dessert! Does anyone want any Little Debbie brownies? I brought 2 dozen to take to the camp out last night. I told the girls and moms that I had brownies for a late night snack. One of the women looked in there (I put them in a tupperware) and said, "Those aren't real brownies! They're Little Debbies!"
:cry: That hurt my feelings! But I'll show them...next time I'll cook them some brownies! THAT will teach them! :thedolls:

OMG. That is SO RUDE! What happened to Southern hospitality? Has it changed to southern hostility? :confused:

I like Little Debbie brownies. I'll take some!

Christine
01-19-2008, 06:49 PM
OMG. That is SO RUDE! What happened to Southern hospitality? Has it changed to southern hostility? :confused:

I like Little Debbie brownies. I'll take some!

Southern hospitality is really just "code". It means catty behavior sugar coated with smiles and drawls! That's just small town women behavior, I've found!

Here are TWO brownies for you!! :hug:

You guys are making me think I need to go back to scrapbooking. Should I schedule two massive crop nights (6pm - 12am) to try to do all of 2007? (I only do one yearly calendar month to month book...nothing too detailed.)

Or should I do a web book??? They look pretty good, don't they?

Beast_fanatic
01-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Actually its nowhere near red (or orange), and is about as straight as it gets.

Well, I've actually seen your hair in person (if that was really you that came to WDW last December :confused: ), so I was obviously referring to the smiley (I just can't envision those points as a bow - it always looks like Bozo hair to me!).

John took Olivia to lunch so I could rest. When he came back he brought me a petit for from the bakery as a reward...well that and he is sending me to WDW in May for a mother's day gift!!! May 8-11!!!

Now, that's just not fair! You'll be there for my birthday, and I won't! Want to trade husbands for a little while? :blush:

drummerboy
01-19-2008, 07:16 PM
I should try...I could make a fortune! He is sweet and giving, picks up after himself, is a good cook, is terribly funny...I could sell them by the hundreds!

I just have to figure out how to fix the "grumpy in the morning" trait...that one can get pretty nasty!:scared:
(Note to JQ guys--See how they are? No matter how good you try to be, there's always that one more thing....) Wait a minute, how would Christine know what kind of mood John is in in the morning. Isn't she always :sleepin: 'til about lunchtime?

Mussa been one of them Yankee transplants.

Well, I got away with doing next to nothing for a good part of the day, but got hooked into painting 'the high places' in the kitchen this evening. That's all done though and the ladder is put away.

We traded TV cabinets with DD1 yesterday, so I did spend time re-setting all my stereo equipment (ca. mid 80s but still good) and the television in the den. Spent the afternoon listening to some of my vintage records (That's them really big black CDs the you spin round and round and stick a needle on it.)

DW 'cooked' tonight via the Chinese takeout. We had enough left over for tomorrow as well. We had a minor battle over who got the egg roll, but she won best two throws out of three, so she got to eat it.

Have I rambled enough?

disneydeb
01-19-2008, 07:20 PM

I thought Little Debbie's were real brownies.

I bet she didn't even make the effort to bring anything! Did she?

Christine
01-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Now, that's just not fair! You'll be there for my birthday, and I won't!
You're welcome to go! Drive to my place, we'll head to Shreveport...$29 each way to Orlando!!!

Wait a minute, how would Christine know what kind of mood John is in in the morning. Isn't she always :sleepin: 'til about lunchtime?

HEY! Well, yeah, that's fair.

I thought Little Debbie's were real brownies.

I bet she didn't even make the effort to bring anything! Did she?

Not a thing!

So...who wants to play cards? We really need to find something to play online! Any ideas??

Dsnygirl
01-19-2008, 08:00 PM
What's everyone up to?
Working, although I'm up on L&D tonight and so far, it's nice!! (Shhhh.... ) So, I may be able to be around more!! (This isn't the floor with the new "rules"... :thumbsup:)

That's it! We're staying at Movies from now on!

Now there's a perfect idea... I'll have to try that with Dan when the only place that has a special is ASSp... "you know honey, we'd be camping if we stayed at Sports..."

Yup - that's just what I would do... in fact, it's what I did... I don't think I got anything done today when I got up except drinking coffee, eating a few donut holes, getting ready for work and eating the (delicious) dinner Dan made!! I'll have to make up for it a bit tomorrow, I think... ;)

:cry: That hurt my feelings! But I'll show them...next time I'll cook them some brownies! THAT will teach them!
How rude!! I can't believe someone would say something like that... they should just be grateful you were willing to contribute anything!! :(

You guys are making me think I need to go back to scrapbooking. Should I schedule two massive crop nights (6pm - 12am) to try to do all of 2007? (I only do one yearly calendar month to month book...nothing too detailed.)

Or should I do a web book??? They look pretty good, don't they?
Definitely you should get back to your scrapbooking... and if you can do all of 2007 in 12 hours, you're amazing!! I just finished 2006... and 3 months of it took me 12 hours!! :blush: As far as web books, they are pretty -- but I prefer stuff I can hold on to and write in and touch... and I'm too scared of losing it to a technology crash! :blush:

Mussa been one of them Yankee transplants.

Hey now... I just might be one of them Yankee transplants someday, and I would NEVER be that rude!! You bring me brownies of ANY variety, and you'll just get a big 'ole :) from this Yankee girl!!

So...who wants to play cards? We really need to find something to play online! Any ideas??
I wish I knew -- but if you come up with a way, be sure to let me know!! (yeah, like I need a reason to be on the computer more... :blush:)

Tink&Goofy
01-19-2008, 08:08 PM
DOLL! ! :heart:
He's a keeper! :D

THEN we lay there a bit longer and realize it's really cold. We go get a staff member and they tell us that the thermostat is programmed and LOCKED and the heat goes off after midnight, not to come on again until 7am to warm up for their 10 am opening to the public.
I can't believe they wouldn't have told you that ahead of time!

How's everyone's Saturday been???
Not bad. Are you working tonight Blythe?

Southern hospitality is really just "code". It means catty behavior sugar coated with smiles and drawls! That's just small town women behavior, I've found!

:laughing:

So whats on tap for tonight? DH and the older 2 DD are going to a hockey game. I am taking DD5 out to dinner (probably Shari's, her favorite!), then over to Build a Bear to use the gift card Grandma gave her for Christmas. Have a good evening everyone. I'll check in post build-a-bear...:D

ElenitaB
01-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Have fun at Build-A-Bear, Cindy. Why can't we think of an idea like that?

Christine, sorry someone took a potshot at you in the Mommy wars. Isn't it amazing how catty women can get with each other when we're really all in the same boat?

Blythe, too bad you can't watch TV at work. Good episode of Doctor Who on BBC-A right now! :thumbsup: (The Doctor is just so clever.)

Ken, glad you had a nice day going down memory lane with your vinyl! But couldn't you and the DW just share the egg roll?

Christine
01-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Definitely you should get back to your scrapbooking... and if you can do all of 2007 in 12 hours, you're amazing!! I just finished 2006... and 3 months of it took me 12 hours!! :blush: As far as web books, they are pretty -- but I prefer stuff I can hold on to and write in and touch... and I'm too scared of losing it to a technology crash! :blush:

No, a web book that they bind in a leather hard bound book. Have you seen the ones Creative Memories and Shutterfly do? Look here (http://www.shutterfly.com/shop/product_c18010-p3001/Photo_Books_8_5x11_Classic_Book)

I'm full and feel a little hungover. Why does lack of sleep make you feel like you pulled a bender the next morning? :ill:

BriarRose0708
01-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Is everyone keeping warm? :freeze: I can knit up scarves and blankets if anyone needs some! :knit:

Sorry I haven't been around the past few weeks. This was an unbelievable busy time of year for me at work. Long hours, weekends, and little sleep. Plus I've been sticking with my New Year's plan for getting healthy, and a lot of the time I used to spend online has been replaced with the gym.

I've missed you guys though, and it seems like I've missed out on a lot happening around here! I don't have many updates, just working and planning my June WDW trip.

Thanks again for the phone call Pogo, next time you're around Geneseo give me a buzz!

Dsnygirl
01-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Not bad. Are you working tonight Blythe?

...over to Build a Bear to use the gift card Grandma gave her for Christmas. Have a good evening everyone. I'll check in post build-a-bear...:D
I am!! (Doesn't that sound like I'm excited to be here?? :funny:)

My girls are dying to go to BAB... esp. now that they have that "webkinz" kind-of world you can sign your BAB's into. Let us know what she gets!!

Blythe, too bad you can't watch TV at work. Good episode of Doctor Who on BBC-A right now! :thumbsup: (The Doctor is just so clever.)
Sigh.... I just love that show... I'm really going to have to look into trying to find it at home.

Well, I just found out I have to go up to NICU (our Neonatal ICU floor) at 11pm... we float when it's (shhhhh - quiet) around here and the girl who's turn it is called in. :( But, it's not a bad float - I'll have 2 or 3 premie babies to feed, etc.... it's just a l-o-n-g night without co-workers you know and a computer to surf!! :geek: Oh well - at least I'll get my turn over with!!

So - where's everyone else tonight???

Christine
01-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Hi Nikki! I LOVE your avatar!!!! I'm so proud of you for taking such good care of yourself! What's your secret to such discipline??? I am lacking in that department! :secret::blush:

Dsnygirl
01-19-2008, 09:25 PM
No, a web book that they bind in a leather hard bound book. Have you seen the ones Creative Memories and Shutterfly do?

Oh, those kinds of books... funny you should mention CM, b/c I'm a CM consultant!! I've done one of their books and I love it... I did one of our Disney trip in October with Disney's Photopass system, too, and I love that one even more. But, for the price, I have to say it's alot cheaper to do a book myself if it's going to be a big book - and my yearly albums are huge. (Actually, the last 2 years are both 2 albums.) But I do like the web albums a lot... there's something amazing about seeing your pictures in a real book format, all bound and printed. :thumbsup:

Plus I've been sticking with my New Year's plan for getting healthy, and a lot of the time I used to spend online has been replaced with the gym.

Hey there!! Good to see you - I almost didn't recognize you with your new avatar!! Glad to know you're doing so well at the gym - could you go for me, also?? :blush:

Caroleh
01-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi Everyone!!! Did you miss me? :D I've been a little stressed out lately and how I've put it to Gilles, been feeling really sad. I haven't felt like posting anything.

Jasper, glad to see you around again, sorry to hear about you little "pop".

Jym, love the names you picked out. If I ever had a son I wanted to call him Sean Clair. Clair was my grandpa's name, but I also love it as a girls name.

We've finally found the couch that jumped out and yelled buy me, so we're pretty well set for finding new furniture for the house. I've gotten 2 more boxes packed, so tomorrow I get to do some more packing after we get back from running errends. Oh, I drove past the house tonight and they were putting up my belcony railing. This getting so exciting.

Natazu
01-19-2008, 10:16 PM
<snip>
Have I rambled enough?I'm sorry, what was that? must've dosed off.

So...who wants to play cards? We really need to find something to play online! Any ideas??There's all kinds of free Internet poker sites.

Is everyone keeping warm? :freeze: I can knit up scarves and blankets if anyone needs some! :knit:
I could use some gloves.

Jym, love the names you picked out. If I ever had a son I wanted to call him Sean Clair. Clair was my grandpa's name, but I also love it as a girls name.In America, boys named Clair get beat up at recess. Thanks for the input though. ;)

drummerboy
01-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Hey now... I just might be one of them Yankee transplants someday, and I would NEVER be that rude!! You bring me brownies of ANY variety, and you'll just get a big 'ole :) from this Yankee girl!!
Well of course I didn't mean JQ transplants. I was talking about those other Yankee transplants. :D

Ken, glad you had a nice day going down memory lane with your vinyl! But couldn't you and the DW just share the egg roll?
You can do that?

Sorry I haven't been around the past few weeks. I've missed you guys though, and it seems like I've missed out on a lot happening around here!

Good to see you back. Don't unpack though; we're going off again very soon.

Caroleh
01-19-2008, 10:26 PM
In America, boys named Clair get beat up at recess. Thanks for the input though. ;)

But I am from the US!!! :D I was born and raised in Iowa until I moved North 10 years ago!!! That was the reason the Clair was the middle name!! The Sean was after Sean Connery...now there's a good manly man!! He can wear a kilt and be James Bond!!

Oh, Christine, I have to agree with Blythe..I love the feel of the paper when I do my scrapbooking!!

Does anyone have a question for me? It seems I have lost mine!!

Christine
01-19-2008, 10:28 PM
There's all kinds of free Internet poker sites.

I don't know how to play poker :blush: That's John's forte! He LOVES to play hold 'em online!

Can I throw in my name favorites?
Emma Kate for a girl
Steven Drew for a boy

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Christine
01-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Oh, Christine, I have to agree with Blythe..I love the feel of the paper when I do my scrapbooking!!

So, if I send you a bunch of photos, will you guys do the cutting and gluing, etc?? How much per page?

Caroleh
01-19-2008, 10:46 PM
So, if I send you a bunch of photos, will you guys do the cutting and gluing, etc?? How much per page?

Oh, don't tempt me!!! :D I'd love to have a job scrapbooking for people!!!! Right now I'd have to say you'll have to wait until after the move...I really have to pack my stuff!!!

I had our work Christmas party tonight, does anyone want some of my leftover pad thai?

Dsnygirl
01-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Hi Everyone!!! Did you miss me? I've been a little stressed out lately and how I've put it to Gilles, been feeling really sad. I haven't felt like posting anything.

We've finally found the couch that jumped out and yelled buy me, so we're pretty well set for finding new furniture for the house. I've gotten 2 more boxes packed, so tomorrow I get to do some more packing after we get back from running errends. Oh, I drove past the house tonight and they were putting up my belcony railing. This getting so exciting.
I'm sorry you've been feeling sad - that's not like you. Would sending you a :hug: help?? Yes, you were missed - you make us :)!!

That's awesome about your house... it sure won't be long now!! Can't wait to see more pics... hint, hint... :blush:

I'm sorry, what was that? must've dosed off.

What did you dose off with??? :D

Where are we going?? Any hints?? C'mon, you know you wanna share...

Can I throw in my name favorites?
Emma Kate for a girl
Steven Drew for a boy

Nice names!! (You did know my Emma is Emma Kate, right??)

[Hmmm... calculating the cost of our next trip...] Not too much, I promise!! ;) C'mon, you can do it... no glue involved, so you won't even get your hands dirty!! Just crop 'em, tape 'em and in they go!!

Caroleh
01-19-2008, 11:11 PM
I'm sorry you've been feeling sad - that's not like you. Would sending you a :hug: help?? Yes, you were missed - you make us :)!!

That's awesome about your house... it sure won't be long now!! Can't wait to see more pics... hint, hint... :blush:

[Hmmm... calculating the cost of our next trip...] Not too much, I promise!! ;) C'mon, you can do it... no glue involved, so you won't even get your hands dirty!! Just crop 'em, tape 'em and in they go!!

1.Thanks for the hug, Blythe. I think Gilles was getting a little worried about me. He really can't handle me not joking around with him and going to bed early. Even my bellydance instructor was a little worried on Thursday night because I wasn't myself.

2. So far the pictures of the inside aren't very good. I'll try again tomorrow!!! :D

3. I think Jym is practicing getting his sleep now before the baby comes, because he won't be getting any after it's born!!!:D

4. Shhhh, Blythe, we'll do Christine's photos for her!! Remember she has the AP and maybe we can convince her that we need to do the pictures at Disney for inspiration!!! Do you think she'll buy it?

Natazu
01-19-2008, 11:13 PM
obviously not a dictionary

3. I think Jym is practicing getting his sleep now before the baby comes, because he won't be getting any after it's born!!!:D
Oh, I'LL sleep just fine.

Poker anyone?

Christine
01-19-2008, 11:52 PM
Nice names!! (You did know my Emma is Emma Kate, right??)
That was what we would have named Olivia if we hadn't named our black schauzer that first! :oops:

It's sad when you use your "good names" up on pets! I should have always kept with my theme names...I used to have all my pets named as tv characters. I've had:
Samantha and Serena (fish)
Phoebe and Rachel (cats)
Cinderella and currently my Mickey (yellow lab and black poodle, respectively)

Shhhh, Blythe, we'll do Christine's photos for her!! Remember she has the AP and maybe we can convince her that we need to do the pictures at Disney for inspiration!!! Do you think she'll buy it?
Haven't you learned I'll pretty much buy anything?? :blush:

Poker anyone?
John's on Sportsbook.com right now! He's always the little old lady at the table!

ElenitaB
01-19-2008, 11:55 PM
You really think so, huh? :fresh:

Tink&Goofy
01-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Have fun at Build-A-Bear, Cindy. Why can't we think of an idea like that?

My girls are dying to go to BAB... esp. now that they have that "webkinz" kind-of world you can sign your BAB's into. Let us know what she gets!!

Yep, Grandma did a great job, and DD LOVED it!
Blythe - they have the cutest pink sparkley bear there now - if your girls like that sort of thing. Mine? She got a polar bear, and made HIM the coolest dude around - sunglasses and all. On the way home she said "I'M the boss of my bear!" :laughing: I had to laugh. Its gotta be tough being the youngest, when everyone in the house tells you what to do!

Hi Everyone!!! Did you miss me? :D I've been a little stressed out lately and how I've put it to Gilles, been feeling really sad. I haven't felt like posting anything.
Carol, here's a :hug: Hope you are feeling better! Maybe what you need is more time on JQ??

In America, boys named Clair get beat up at recess. Thanks for the input though. ;)

Don't unpack though; we're going off again very soon.
Can we go somewhere tropical this time?

We'll see....:D

So is anyone around? Its still early to me!!

drummerboy
01-20-2008, 12:25 AM
I'm still here. Probably not much longer though.

1.Thanks for the hug, Blythe. I think Gilles was getting a little worried about me. He really can't handle me not joking around with him and going to bed early. Even my bellydance instructor was a little worried on Thursday night because I wasn't myself.
Must be something going around. I've been feeling kind of out of it and edgy the last couple of days myself. I think I've mentioned this temporal lobe thing I've got, and it was acting up again Thursday and Friday.

Wonder if we'll really get any of the snow they're predicting for our area? Usually, everybody north and west of us gets it, but we're a little milder being nearer the ocean and the gulf stream. Except '89 when we got the big Christmas snowfall.

Natazu
01-20-2008, 01:59 AM
So is anyone around? Its still early to me!!I'm here, been playing Guitar Hero. I think I'll take a nap though. Rachel gets home in a few hours so... wait... The Godfather is on. Michael is about to wack Sollozzo. I better watch. Can you say 'wack' on INTERCOT?

Dsnygirl
01-20-2008, 03:07 AM
4. Shhhh, Blythe, we'll do Christine's photos for her!! Remember she has the AP and maybe we can convince her that we need to do the pictures at Disney for inspiration!!! Do you think she'll buy it?
I hope so!! Unfort., her AP wouldn't apply to us... :( But maybe I could convince Dan I need to buy an AP to go to Disney and make some $$$... :blush:

Where are you living again??? I don't quite understand the numbers up there, but if it's somewhere where you can drown out the wailing of a newborn child, it must be Never-never-land... plus, I'm sure Rachel elbowing you in the ribs will help... :D

That was what we would have named Olivia if we hadn't named our black schauzer that first! :oops:

I'll have to tell her... she'll find that quite funny...

You really think so, huh? :fresh:
I thought the exact same thing... :funny:

Yep, Grandma did a great job, and DD LOVED it!
Blythe - they have the cutest pink sparkley bear there now - if your girls like that sort of thing. Mine? She got a polar bear, and made HIM the coolest dude around - sunglasses and all. On the way home she said "I'M the boss of my bear!" :laughing: I had to laugh. Its gotta be tough being the youngest, when everyone in the house tells you what to do!

So is anyone around? Its still early to me!!
I love the polar bear... I keep trying to convince one of the girls to want him!! Emma got the snow leopard last time, and I have to admit, he's pretty cool, too.

I'm around, but only briefly... I'm taking my break from NICU and having a bagel. (With jalapeno cream cheese... yummmm!!)

I'm here, been playing Guitar Hero. I think I'll take a nap though. Rachel gets home in a few hours so... wait... The Godfather is on. Michael is about to wack Sollozzo. I better watch. Can you say 'wack' on INTERCOT?
Apparently you can, as your words are still there and nobody's deleted them or wacked you yet... :D

Well, I'm guessing most of you are asleep by now and I won't be back on 'til I get up tomorrow (well, actually later today...) so I'll just wish you all pleasant, happy dreams (Jym, just keep dreaming of peaceful, quiet nights... ) and I'll see you all tomorrow!!

trackbarroness
01-20-2008, 03:42 AM
And I'm just starting my day? :D
Good morning all and yes I start at 6am today. This week I get to start at 6 all week except Friday when I start at 8:30. How weird is that? And yes that gives me 38 hours for this week. I ought not to complain since I just completed at 45 hours and so many minutes week. :D
Seeing how you all are sleeping I'll just hope the coffee is still fresh when you all wake up.
Have a magical day folks :D

drummerboy
01-20-2008, 08:34 AM
This looks like a good time to load up and move out, doesn't it? So bring your extra craft supplies and creative minds to....