PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions: Be It Hereby Resolved...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Christine
01-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Hey Christine, if you make enough trips down there, maybe they will consider you a resident, and you can get the Florida resident AP rate! :D Or is that what you are working on?

Well I am now! :idea: Thanks!

What's everyone doing tonight? Same ol same ol here! John's working late...Olivia's getting ready for bed...and I'm gonna watch the 2 hour Family Guy marathon on TBS. :bored:

Hey! Who has a Wii and how do we play them together??? Don't they do that online somehow?? Anyone wanna bowl with me??

drummerboy
01-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Well I like popcorn....and I like hot chocolate, but together? :ack:
Well, see, here in the South we don't mix them together. We'll take a bit of popcorn, then have a sip of hot chocolate... :thedolls:

They just started building a new highrise kittycorner from our building. For 6 weeks now we have been listening to the big pile driver driving the huge steel beams into the ground. It really grates on the nerves!
There was pile-driving going on the whole time I took the bar exam. I made it, but the pass rate was pretty low that year.

Blythe, did you not read the prohibition against indoor barbecuing in your lease? (I know, I know :shake::nono: .)

pogo
01-14-2008, 08:52 PM
No we don't have wagons here! :cowboy: We have the afternoon STAGE! Silly!
Well then... hop on the stage and come on up ! Or are you just joking around ??? :D

Sometimes my life CAN be that crazy!
Poor Baby.... you'll be alright, Sis ! :blush:

Hey! Who has a Wii and how do we play them together??? Don't they do that online somehow?? Anyone wanna bowl with me??
:sorry: I would but I don't have any bowling shoes ! :D

Blythe, did you not read the prohibition against indoor barbecuing in your lease?

:shake:

pjbs35a
01-14-2008, 08:53 PM
I can't argue with LSU being Number one.

Sorry it took so long for me to respond, but I passed out when you said LSU is number one. Guess who will be ranked number one at the beginning of next season ???

disneydeb
01-14-2008, 08:57 PM
:party:WHOOPEE!!!:party:

Guess What! Can you guess?

Do you give up?

pogo
01-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Sorry it took so long for me to respond, but I passed out when you said LSU is number one. Guess who will be ranked number one at the beginning of next season ???
Welcome back ! :D Could it be USC ?? :D

Do you give up?

Your going to Disney World ????? :mickey:

pjbs35a
01-14-2008, 09:12 PM

Can you believe it ??? We agree again !!! You are referring to the University of South Carolina aren't you ???

Did I mention I forgot to delete the boomerang effect of the the feverish, sneezing, congestion, coughing, etc. computer virus ??? You guessed it. Now I have it and will be flying several times during the next four days. If they pressurize the cabin of the plane, it may get messy !!! Watch the news for disturbances somewhere over New Orleans, Tampa, Jacksonville and Dallas.

disneydeb
01-14-2008, 09:31 PM

Your going to Disney World ????? :mickey:

Maybe.....I posted earlier that Amy had called me from her DBF house to find out about how to make ressies and about getting the dining plan ,, prices, when would I want to go down next, etc.
She just called again to see about getting in touch with Magical Journeys. They want to spend a week and waant me to go as their guest--- isn't that sweet?:D

I told her December 11-16--- Is that right? She kind of caught me off guard.:D

Caroleh
01-14-2008, 09:36 PM
:D

Do you give up?

You're going to WDW in December with Amy?

I have a question for those of you with digital cameras and have prints made. Do you have all your photos printed or a select few? Out of the 800+ pictures I took on our trip, so far I've gotten it narrowed down to a little over 600. The cost to get them printed will be over $100. I want to scrapbook them, but thats still a lot of photos and I'm not sure how many more I want to eliminate. I'm so confused...like that's a first!!!

Beast_fanatic
01-14-2008, 10:32 PM
If only you'd said that an hour ago...we already ate . Did you make them or order out? I get ours from Bodacious BBQ--$1.25 a piece and they're almost as big as a paper plate!

Oh, I made them. If I had Bodacious BBQ, I might go for that deal though.

They want to spend a week and waant me to go as their guest--- isn't that sweet?

Do you mean as the built in baby-sitter? ;)

disneydeb
01-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Do you mean as the built in baby-sitter? ;)

Amy thought she would go with me in October to protect me from you all @ Intercot!:D She thought she would be baby sitting me then...:blush:

I would not have to babysit anyone.:confused:

Anyone want any homemade chili tonight? I have some left.

Beast_fanatic
01-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Amy thought she would go with me in October to protect me from you all @ Intercot!:D She thought she would be baby sitting me then...:blush:

I would not have to babysit anyone.:confused:

Well, I thought it would be even more fun for you if you got to babysit someone.

No thanks on the chili for tonight - I'm still full from the sloppy joes. Did you make it today? It will be even better tomorrow!

ElenitaB
01-14-2008, 11:15 PM
That is the coolest idea! I'll figure out this week how to hook up to our router and we can bowl! :woohoo:

Well, see, here in the South we don't mix them together. We'll take a bit of popcorn, then have a sip of hot chocolate...
That would make the most vile of corn pops :rotfl:

Did I mention I forgot to delete the boomerang effect of the the feverish, sneezing, congestion, coughing, etc. computer virus ??? You guessed it. Now I have it and will be flying several times during the next four days. If they pressurize the cabin of the plane, it may get messy !!! Watch the news for disturbances somewhere over New Orleans, Tampa, Jacksonville and Dallas.
Ewwwwwww. You might take under consideration some of the home remedies that were suggested last week, super spy!

Maybe.....I posted earlier that Amy had called me from her DBF house to find out about how to make ressies and about getting the dining plan ,, prices, when would I want to go down next, etc.
She just called again to see about getting in touch with Magical Journeys. They want to spend a week and waant me to go as their guest--- isn't that sweet?:D

I told her December 11-16--- Is that right? She kind of caught me off guard.:D
That IS sweet! How old is Amy? (In other words, how much longer do I have to wait until DS invites me to WDW?)

You know, this is beginning to come together. I marked Dec 10 to 14 on my calendar today. :D

I have a question for those of you with digital cameras and have prints made. Do you have all your photos printed or a select few? Out of the 800+ pictures I took on our trip, so far I've gotten it narrowed down to a little over 600. The cost to get them printed will be over $100. I want to scrapbook them, but thats still a lot of photos and I'm not sure how many more I want to eliminate. I'm so confused...like that's a first!!!
Seriously I think you need to get a good printer and print them yourself. You can gang them up to save on paper, you can size them as you need them on the fly, you can change them to sepia or b/w, etc., etc. You can't go wrong with an HP or an Epson.

Can I have some for lunch tomorrow?

Night night, all! I'll have coffee and tea ready in the AM, along with blueberry scones. Later, gators!

pogo
01-14-2008, 11:20 PM

I told her December 11-16--- Is that right? She kind of caught me off guard.
That is very close to our dates. But we still haven't made ressies and won't for some time. Will you be mad if we don't make it ?? :D

Did you check with an online source, like Web shots ?? Might be cheaper. :blush:

Amy thought she would go with me in October to protect me from you all @ Intercot! She thought she would be baby sitting me then.
What about your DH ?? I'm looking forward to meeting him too ! :D

Tink&Goofy
01-14-2008, 11:25 PM

That is the coolest idea! I'll figure out this week how to hook up to our router and we can bowl! :woohoo:

Oooh! That sounds like so much fun!! We have a wii - and I know Jenn has one too! If you get it figured out, let me know!

:sorry: I would but I don't have any bowling shoes ! :D
I'm sure DH has some you can borrow. What size to you wear? You may want to spray them first! :sick:

disneydeb
01-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Well, I thought it would be even more fun for you if you got to babysit someone.

No thanks on the chili for tonight - I'm still full from the sloppy joes. Did you make it today? It will be even better tomorrow!

I made the chili today andI thought it was some of my best ever, but hubby says I've done better but this was good.:confused: Wonder what he meant by that?

We are going to take Gage down for his first trip to the world probably December 2010. At lest that was the general concensus around the Christmas Dinner table this year.

That IS sweet! How old is Amy? (In other words, how much longer do I have to wait until DS invites me to WDW?)

You know, this is beginning to come together. I marked Dec 10 to 14 on my calendar today. :D

Can I have some for lunch tomorrow?

Night night, all! I'll have coffee and tea ready in the AM, along with blueberry scones. Later, gators!

Amy is 20 and should graduate in May. She thinks she is going to make a bunch of money right away.:D Her DBF has been in the marines and now works for Saturn, gave her a promise ring for Christmas, ( think she wants to get engaged officially in front of the castle)

Sure you can have some for lunch!

Dsnygirl
01-15-2008, 03:25 AM
I know things will work out. And I know moving is a hassle, but do you think you could find a place that might be even cheaper rent?

And I'll be happy to have a :marg: for ya tonight! Remember, I'm a martyr!!
Probably not... :( ...there isn't much available in our little town, and we'd like to stay here -- the school district's awesome.

How was my :marg:??

Do you have a lease? Did they ever indicate that it was so short-term? Seems like you just moved in. On the Pollyanna side, you did discover that you liked the neighborhood, the schools and even found a church you like, so it's not a complete loss.
Yes, we have a lease - it was for a year, and is up April 30th. When we signed, they actually indicated they'd like us to sign for 2 years - but we thought instead we'd extend at the end for 6-8 months, depending on the market and what we wanted to do. So, this was a bit surprising, but I have to admit, I was wondering... I'm not sure why, just had a feeling.

And you're right - this house was a gift, and it allowed us to finally find "our spot" - so now, we're just believing that things will continue to move forward here for us, one way or another!!

Sorry Neighbor.... but.... there is a nice Cape across the street from us for sale with 4 bedrooms and a huge garage. Plus it would come with resort privilages and golfing partner for Dan !
Does it come with a job for him, too?? 'Cuz I can just get a job at Strong... our friends in Farmington would be very happy with you!!

Sorry to hear about the landlords wanting to sell, Blythe. Maybe you can get lucky and find something for the same price and have a place for you to scrapbook!! Also, maybe find something a little more safe so Emma won't start on fire again!! BTW, did she share her fire story with her class?
We're actually hoping for one of two things - that they'll want to sell at a VERY reasonable price, one we'd consider buying the house for and hanging on to it for a few years... or that they'll extend the lease 'til the end of the school year and we'll try to find something else, or maybe even build. Neither thing is a bad option... just not one we wanted to pursue so quickly!!

And yes - she did share her story.... I'm just glad the fire marshall didn't come knocking at our door...

This Fairy Godmother will.:pixie:

Thank you -- and to all of you who sent pixie dust, too!! :)

What's everyone doing tonight?
Working... I'm up on Labor & Delivery, and we had lots of deliveries... but I'm on the end of the floor where we try to keep babies in, and I've been running like crazy!! It's amazing how babies can hide in such a little space...

I usually use Snapfish online, and I pre-pay my prints, which makes them .9 each. They do a nice job, and if you ever have a problem, they'll re-print for free. (I even had Fed Ex deliver the package to the wrong address and they just re-did the pics and sent them out again, no charge...) And I also do like you - I try to weed out the ones I like least before I print them - but some you just can't be sure of until they're printed, so I always end up printing more than I use!

You know, this is beginning to come together. I marked Dec 10 to 14 on my calendar today.

I'm hoping the dates will still work out for us - this whole thing has got our trip very much up in the air. If it all works out, and I have to believe it will to keep my sanity intact - we won't probably book until late in the summer and we're settled. Phew.... that suddenly seems SO far away.... :(

I'll be looking for those scones... yummm!! Can't wait!!

Thanks for all the kind words and helpful thoughts and pixie dust... we're going to have some discussions with different folks this week, and hopefully we'll hear back from the owners on their timing, and we can head into the weekend with a more clear idea of what we're doing. Think good thoughts tomorrow while I sleep, okay?? :)

trackbarroness
01-15-2008, 04:37 AM
Good morning all, did you miss me? Lolol
I know it was only 2 days ago that I last posted. You'll never guess who was at the park yesterday. And I'm not telling because I really didn't see her. :D
Now why did I extend to 8:30 last night? You don't suppose those evil little :thedolls: made me do it?

disneydeb
01-15-2008, 06:45 AM
What about your DH ?? I'm looking forward to meeting him too ! :D
He doesn't plan on going until we take Gage the next year. Unless he if fishining, he is usually working - or on the ball field. How can we lure a fisherman?

Amy's plans are not definite yet... so I an not there ....yet! But I am hopeful.

Have a great day everyone! Aww! Let's make it a Disney Day!

disneydeb
01-15-2008, 06:49 AM
I know it was only 2 days ago that I last posted. You'll never guess who was at the park yesterday. And I'm not telling because I really didn't see her. :D
Now why did I extend to 8:30 last night? You don't suppose those evil little :thedolls: made me do it?

I'm dying to know who was there. I bet it was not Hillary Clinton. Was it?

pogo
01-15-2008, 07:04 AM
I'm sure DH has some you can borrow. What size to you wear? You may want to spray them first!
I wear size 13W. Do you think his would fit ? :blush:

Does it come with a job for him, too?? 'Cuz I can just get a job at Strong... our friends in Farmington would be very happy with you!!
It could very well come with a job. I have several construction companies that I work with. And the Spencerport School system is highly rated. :thumbsup:

Now why did I extend to 8:30 last night? You don't suppose those evil little :thedolls: made me do it?OK.... how can we guess and have you not tell ??? :confused:

He doesn't plan on going until we take Gage the next year. Unless he if fishining, he is usually working - or on the ball field. How can we lure a fisherman?
He wouldn't want to fish in Florida ???

I'm dying to know who was there. I bet it was not Hillary Clinton. Was it? I hope it wasn't the evil witch ! :D :blackcat::witch:

Caroleh
01-15-2008, 08:11 AM
Seriously I think you need to get a good printer and print them yourself. You can gang them up to save on paper, you can size them as you need them on the fly, you can change them to sepia or b/w, etc., etc. You can't go wrong with an HP or an Epson.

I have an HP but the cost of ink about killed me last time I printed the Disney pictures. I wanted to print a few of them off here but do the bulk somewhere else.

I usually use Snapfish online, and I pre-pay my prints, which makes them .9 each. They do a nice job, and if you ever have a problem, they'll re-print for free. (I even had Fed Ex deliver the package to the wrong address and they just re-did the pics and sent them out again, no charge...) And I also do like you - I try to weed out the ones I like least before I print them - but some you just can't be sure of until they're printed, so I always end up printing more than I use!

I'll have to check them out along with webshots. Walmart wants $.19 a print which is still a little high for me.

. You'll never guess who was at the park yesterday. And I'm not telling because I really didn't see her. :D

Was is Britney Spears since she missed another court date?

alpro2
01-15-2008, 09:15 AM

You sat on a tack?

What's everybody up to on this fine Tuesday?

Christine
01-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Well, I'm off to work (remember my twice a week bookkeeping job from last year? Well apparently he wants that to be "as needed" which comes to about once a month.) Oh well...better than a kick in the head I suppose.

Yall have a great day. Who wants a 99 cent Sonic burger tonight for dinner?

Beast_fanatic
01-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Who wants a 99 cent Sonic burger tonight for dinner?

No thanks. We're having beef fajitas tonight for dinner. Perhaps I'll finally have that :marg: that I keep talking about. :blush:

Alex, did your kids come to Disney World in December?

Nascfan
01-15-2008, 01:21 PM
How's everyone doing? Did you know we only have 150 days until our trip? Did you also know that we'll be there during Star Wars weekends? I'm so excited! Anyone here ever been during one of those? I'm sure Studios will be packed, but I can't wait, hope to get some pics and autographs.

Beast_fanatic
01-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Hi Scott! I was beginning to think I had run everyone off!

I think I was there for Star Wars weekend once, but it was a long time ago and I don't think we spent much time at the Studios during the weekend. I've heard that some of it can be kind of crazy though. I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time though!

Is anyone else bored today, or is it just me?

drummerboy
01-15-2008, 03:08 PM
I wouldn't say I'm bored, just excitement challenged. :D

I don't have much to say, but thought I'd zoop in and say hey. Hey.

Think Christine's awake yet?

Beast_fanatic
01-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Think Christine's awake yet?

She went to work today. Do you think that's why it's so quiet in here? :fresh:

pogo
01-15-2008, 03:22 PM

Could it also be because I've been busy ??? :D

offwego
01-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Could it also be because I've been busy ??? :D

or is it me?

And has Di chimed in recently? and since we are sending out search parties any word from Jasper?

disneydrmr
01-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Did someone want me to chime in?

Believe it or not I just don't have anything to say. So I guess I'll imitate Ken and just say "hey"!

pogo
01-15-2008, 03:37 PM
or is it me?

And has Di chimed in recently? and since we are sending out search parties any word from Jasper?
No word from Jasper.... Does anyone no how to get a hold of him ?? :confused:

Believe it or not I just don't have anything to say. So I guess I'll imitate Ken and just say "hey"!

Now that's hard to believe.... you.... nothing to say ??? :faint: That's a first ! :funny:

Beast_fanatic
01-15-2008, 03:45 PM
No word from Jasper.... Does anyone no how to get a hold of him ??

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone does know how to get hold of him. You do know that his name isn't actually Jasper, right?

pogo
01-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think anyone does know how to get hold of him. You do know that his name isn't actually Jasper, right?
I knew that..... but is your real name Beast or Fanatic ?? :D

disneydrmr
01-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Now that's hard to believe.... you.... nothing to say ??? :faint: That's a first ! :funny:

:fresh:

I think that's where he's from - Jasper, Indiana.. so Pogo.. since you aren't busy - why don't you get a Jasper Indiana phone book and call everyone in it starting in the A's until you reach Jasper! :D

Question, question.. I need a question....
How do you spell relief?

offwego
01-15-2008, 03:53 PM

I kinda knew that but he doesn't put a whole lot out there as to who he is. (or at least if he does I've missed it somehow)

granted it took me years to add "Natalie" to my sig line and I still don't say what town I'm in so no harm no foul there.

Now Pogo's a whole other ball game...but I still say his name should have been Aflack.

Speaking of names..does anyone else aside from Christine want to change theirs or do we all still like them?

pogo
01-15-2008, 03:58 PM
I think that's where he's from - Jasper, Indiana.. so Pogo.. since you aren't busy - why don't you get a Jasper Indiana phone book and call everyone in it starting in the A's until you reach Jasper!
I've already tried it.... I talked with 13 people that said their name was really Jasper, but they didn't have a back problem. :(

Now Pogo's a whole other ball game...but I still say his name should have been Aflack.
Speaking of names..does anyone else aside from Christine want to change theirs or do we all still like them?

I like mine just fine. :thumbsup: Don't you ???

By the way.... is that the Canadien way to spell AFLAC ! :D

drummerboy
01-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Isn't it Jasper that has a costume shop along with his wife? Or am I thinking of someone else on the boards?

Beast_fanatic
01-15-2008, 03:59 PM
I knew that..... but is your real name Beast or Fanatic ?? :D

No, but you know my real name from my signature. Besides, I needed a question!

No, I'm still pretty happy with mine. The only change that I might make would be to shorten it from fanatic to fan. :shrug:

Who's coming over for beef fajitas and :marg: tonight?

pogo
01-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Isn't it Jasper that has a costume shop along with his wife? Or am I thinking of someone else on the boards?
I think you are right, Big Guy ! Are you getting smarter with age ?? (sorry... needed a question)
I'm on my way ! Let's see... it's 4:00 PM here.... flight to Texas takes about three and a half hours..... I think I can be there at around midnight ! :D

drummerboy
01-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Great news gang! I did a little detective work and tracked Jasper down. He's recovering well and will try to get on tomorrow and give us all an update. I told him everybody's been worried sick about him.

So, what's for supper tonight?

pogo
01-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Great news gang! I did a little detective work and tracked Jasper down. He's recovering well and will try to get on tomorrow and give us all an update. I told him everybody's been worried sick about him.
Would you believe I just found him too ! I did an internet search for him and have his telephone number. :thumbsup:

Isn't it true, great minds think alike ????? :D

disneydrmr
01-15-2008, 04:16 PM

You mean you won't deliver? :D

So, what's for supper tonight?

Well.. you are mighty fast for an old guy! :D I just switchboarded costume shops, jasper indiana and was gonna come here to post what I found to see if someone would want to call him up! I guess great minds think alike!
Glad to hear he's recovering well!

Well.. Rhonda is having fajitas if you wanna join her! I have left over beef and noodles. Or left over chili mac.. want some?

disneydrmr
01-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Would you believe I just found him too ! I did an internet search for him and have his telephone number. :thumbsup:

Wow! That's THREE of us that had the same idea! Does that mean we are spending WAY TOO much time together?

pogo
01-15-2008, 04:20 PM

I guess great minds think alike!

Your scaring me now ! :blush: Even you and I think alike ??? :shake:

disneydrmr
01-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Your scaring me now ! :blush: Even you and I think alike ??? :shake:

:sad::sob: And what's wrong with thinking alike? I thought you liked me? :crying::sob:

pogo
01-15-2008, 04:29 PM
I thought you liked me? :crying::sob:
That's funny..... I thought I liked you too ! Was I mistaken ??? :D

disneydrmr
01-15-2008, 04:33 PM
That's funny..... I thought I liked you too ! Was I mistaken ??? :D

I don't know.. were you mistaken? :sad:

Nascfan
01-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Three of you thought alike? That's scary. ;)

Thanks for the update Ken, good to hear...read.

Can Rhonda keep the fajitas warm for us? Sounds like a good supper.

Dsnygirl
01-15-2008, 04:40 PM
:spy: You guys are all too scarey -- I tried multi-quoting all the Jasper posts, but I can't for some reason - anyway, I thought I'd found him, too, and was copying all the info to see if somebody who knows him a little better wanted to call!! Was it Fun-Time Costumes??? How very scarey that we were all doing that at the exact same time... and I'm SO glad to hear he's okay!

Hey - maybe we should open an investigation business!! :D

Dsnygirl
01-15-2008, 04:45 PM
How can we lure a fisherman?

:drummer: Good one!!

What's everybody up to on this fine Tuesday?
:sleepin:

I knew that..... but is your real name Beast or Fanatic ??
:rotfl:

How do you spell relief?

D - I - S - N - E - Y !!! :mickey3:

Nope... I like my screenname... I've always wanted to change my given name, though... :( ... anybody else??

So - what are you all up to today, besides detective work?? I'm back to work tonight, so I'm just zooping in for a quick catch-me-up. Our furnace went out last night, so it was COLD here today until they got it fixed... I think I was sleeping under about 6 layers of blankets!! Brrrr!!!

pogo
01-15-2008, 04:45 PM
I don't know.. were you mistaken?
You know I love you, Diane :hug: Didn't you know I was just pulling your leg ??? :D

Can Rhonda keep the fajitas warm for us? Sounds like a good supper.
I hope so.... if not, they'll be cold when we get there. :D

:spy: You guys are all too scarey -- I tried multi-quoting all the Jasper posts, but I can't for some reason - anyway, I thought I'd found him, too, and was copying all the info to see if somebody who knows him a little better wanted to call!! Was it Fun-Time Costumes??? How very scarey that we were all doing that at the exact same time... and I'm SO glad to hear he's okay!

:shake: Now YOU are scaring me !!!!! :blush:

Beast_fanatic
01-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Oddly enough, I found him too! Of course, I used a back door to do so, so I wasn't comfortable contacting him (as I could get in trouble for doing so). So, I'm glad to hear that he's recovering nicely! :thumbsup:

I'm sure that I can keep the fajitas hot until everyone arrives, but I don't know if I can keep the :marg: cold or frozen. Guess I'll have to drink them if you don't arrive on time! OK?

disneydrmr
01-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Was it Fun-Time Costumes??? How very scarey that we were all doing that at the exact same time... and I'm SO glad to hear he's okay!

That's the one I came up with! Like I said.. I believe we are all spending way too much time together! Hmmm... do you think Frankie will feel threatened by our great spying?

Our furnace went out last night, so it was COLD here today until they got it fixed... I think I was sleeping under about 6 layers of blankets!! Brrrr!!!

Brrrrr..... did you wake up to icesicles on your nose?

You know I love you, Diane :hug: Didn't you know I was just pulling your leg ??? :D

Oh! That was you tugging my leg? Whoops.. sorry I kicked you then! :D

Oddly enough, I found him too! Of course, I used a back door to do so, so I wasn't comfortable contacting him (as I could get in trouble for doing so). So, I'm glad to hear that he's recovering nicely! :thumbsup:

I'm sure that I can keep the fajitas hot until everyone arrives, but I don't know if I can keep the :marg: cold or frozen. Guess I'll have to drink them if you don't arrive on time! OK?

Um.... a back door? Get in trouble for doing so? Do we even want to know HOW you went about finding him?

Want me to bring some guacamole to go with the fajitas?

pogo
01-15-2008, 05:14 PM
That's OK by me.... I'll make more when I get there. Are you going to pick us all up at the airport ? :D

Oh! That was you tugging my leg? Whoops.. sorry I kicked you then!
Sorry you didn't kick me harder ??? :confused:

See you all a little later.... got some work to do. :D

Beast_fanatic
01-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Want me to bring some guacamole to go with the fajitas?

If you want it, you'll have to bring it as neither me or my hubby likes the stuff. Can you bring some sour cream too? I like that, but hubby doesn't and I never buy it just for me (I don't need the extra calories anyway).

offwego
01-15-2008, 05:23 PM
By the way.... is that the Canadien way to spell AFLAC ! :D
Maybe I was thinking of Ben? whatever it is the whole duck commercials are tres cute.
No, I'm still pretty happy with mine. The only change that I might make would be to shorten it from fanatic to fan. :shrug:

Who's coming over for beef fajitas and :marg: tonight? I'll be there right as soon as I figure out how to get back to work on time.

Great news gang! I did a little detective work and tracked Jasper down. He's recovering well and will try to get on tomorrow and give us all an update. I told him everybody's been worried sick about him. Wow you are all really good! I never even thought of that.

Hope you get warm Blythe..and if it helps I think your name is lovely!

I don't think I'd change my name but I might have added spaces or something.

dlpmikki
01-15-2008, 05:48 PM
It is fun how we all come up with our names. When I first joined I was very boring and used my proper name. Wasn't John kind to me (and a few other mods) when he let us make alterations?

All this talk of December meets is getting me way over-excited. I now have accomodation booked for the first two weeks of December but I don't have a husband who agrees we should be going at all! I notice (having had a quick look at flights :blush:) that after 14 December they go up by about $1200 a person :eek: from the UK so if we do come that will be our departure day. I'll have to see what happens......

So glad someone was clever and found out about Jasper and that the news was positive. How is everyone else doing?

offwego
01-15-2008, 05:57 PM
All this talk of December meets is getting me way over-excited. I now have accomodation booked for the first two weeks of December but I don't have a husband who agrees we should be going at all! I notice (having had a quick look at flights :blush:) that after 14 December they go up by about $1200 a person :eek: from the UK so if we do come that will be our departure day. I'll have to see what happens......

Wow now that would be cool..everyone else and Figaro? How odd is this that I'm really excited about that part too? We we be able to get pics with him?

trackbarroness
01-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Anyone else wanna guess who she was? :D
Come on now you know you wanna.
Decemeber you say? hmm causins I think I could talk PirateGal into a stay some time during that time frame. :cool:
Who's got cookies and coffee?

Caroleh
01-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Yall have a great day. Who wants a 99 cent Sonic burger tonight for dinner?

I'll pass, we're having wings tonight!!!

..does anyone else aside from Christine want to change theirs or do we all still like them?

Nope, I like mine!! It was my nickname before I even joined the boards and I have it embroidered on one of my scrapbook carry-alls

I can't believe you all were thinking alike!!! Is this Drummerboys Discount Detective Agency?

Christine
01-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Did you know we only have 150 days until our trip? Did you also know that we'll be there during Star Wars weekends?
Never been (Star Whos?) but I bet you'll have a great time!

IThink Christine's awake yet?
Hey!

HEY!

I think that's where he's from - Jasper, Indiana.. so Pogo.. since you aren't busy - why don't you get a Jasper Indiana phone book and call everyone in it starting in the A's until you reach Jasper! :D
:funny:

I'm very impressed! (with all you little super sleuths!)

Work was...work. All the books balanced and I got 2007 closed out and everything set up for 2008. I "get" to go in next week too to catch his contacts up (he has 2 huge boxes full of business cards to be entered into Outlook). I'm sure it'll be so much fun I should pay HIM! :rolleyes:

So, no takers on my Sonic burgers? Everyone's headed to Rhonda's for fajitas I see. Fine! See if I care! :cry:

alpro2
01-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Alex, did your kids come to Disney World in December?
December that just passed? Or do you mean next December? No and not sure.

Oh my goodness. Mark this day down. :D

I'm on my way ! Let's see... it's 4:00 PM here.... flight to Texas takes about three and a half hours..... I think I can be there at around midnight ! :D
Don't forget to subtract an hour.

Can't wait to hear from Jasper and compare war stories.

pogo
01-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Decemeber you say? hmm causins I think I could talk PirateGal into a stay some time during that time frame.
I most certainly hope so ! Do you really think we might be able to meet you in December ?? :blush:

I'm very impressed! (with all you little super sleuths!)

So, no takers on my Sonic burgers? Everyone's headed to Rhonda's for fajitas I see. Fine! See if I care! :cry:
Thanks.... we are quite a bunch, aren't we ?? :D

Wait a minute..... sonic burger...:goodbad:... Magarita....sonic burger...:goodbad:.... Margarita.... it's so hard to chose ! I'll take the :marg: any day ! :funny:

Oh my goodness. Mark this day down.
Lol..... it's good to have you back ! :D

disneydrmr
01-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Who's here to keep me company? My dh is missing... he left the house this AM for Michigan (around 5am) and I've been trying to call him on his cell since 5pm.. no answer. I called his stupidvisor and he told me that dh should be on his way home and to call him back if I haven't heard from him by 9pm... by then the stupidvisor will be more useless than he already is since it sounded like he was in a bar...so I"m very worried. dh KNOWS I'll be worried by now so he would've called me if he could...

disneydeb
01-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Good Evening!

Amy's DBF wants to stay at ASMovies next December. His sister and brother may go too.

My dear hubby came through the room where Amy and I were discussing the trip and Amy asked him if he wanted to go--- He said he might!!:D

Can you believe that??

Willl wonders never cease?:confused:
I hope not!

By the way, we are having Chili dogs for supper -- anyone want one?:D

disneydeb
01-15-2008, 08:19 PM
:
Who's here to keep me company? My dh is missing... he left the house this AM for Michigan (around 5am) and I've been trying to call him on his cell since 5pm.. no answer. I called his stupidvisor and he told me that dh should be on his way home and to call him back if I haven't heard from him by 9pm... by then the stupidvisor will be more useless than he already is since it sounded like he was in a bar...so I"m very worried. dh KNOWS I'll be worried by now so he would've called me if he could...

Oh Diane, I hope everything is all right! Let us know and I'll pop in and out tonight as I have Gage. I'll send some safe travel pixie dust for you. :pixie::pixie::pixie: Willl you let us know?

disneydrmr
01-15-2008, 08:26 PM
By the way, we are having Chili dogs for supper -- anyone want one?:D

STITCH wants one! :stitch: Would you like some Chili Spaghetti to go with it?

:

Oh Diane, I hope everything is all right! Let us know and I'll pop in and out tonight as I have Gage. I'll send some safe travel pixie dust for you. :pixie::pixie::pixie: Willl you let us know?

Thanks Deb! I'll let you guys know. It's just not like him to not call me back when I call him.. and I have called over and over and left several messages...

disneydrmr
01-15-2008, 08:44 PM
My dh is ok! He finally called! WHEW!! :whew:

Now.. how do I get my heart rate back to normal?

Dsnygirl
01-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Hi all... just zooping in from work...

Hope you get warm Blythe..and if it helps I think your name is lovely!

It definitely got better around the house after I got up... they fixed everything around 2pm, so all should be toasty by now!!

And thank you for the compliment on my name... it's funny, a lot of people have said they like it, but having grown up with it, I just can't hear it!! All I knew growing up was that it was different, and I didn't like that at all!! Now, I can just say it's a good conversation starter... Dan could tell you some funny stories... :blush:

How is everyone else doing?
Good!! And I sure hope you're able to join us in December... it'd be so nice to see you again!!

My dear hubby came through the room where Amy and I were discussing the trip and Amy asked him if he wanted to go--- He said he might!!
Can you believe that??

By the way, we are having Chili dogs for supper -- anyone want one?
That's great!! Boy, if things continue, we're going to have quite the group... :D

The chili dogs sound great, but I'll pass -- someone just brought over a chicken wing pizza, and I'm about to go try me a slice!! :blush:

Di, I'm so glad to hear he's okay... it's so easy to jump down that "what if..." path, isn't it???

So - how's everyone else's night going?? What're you all up to??

alpro2
01-15-2008, 09:21 PM

Glad that he is ok. Now you can yell at him! :D

Watching American Idol. The first couple of episodes are funny, then I lose interest when all the contestants are picked.

What is a chickn wing pizza?

Tink&Goofy
01-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Good job! Glad to hear everything is OK.

Would you believe I just found him too ! I did an internet search for him and have his telephone number.

:spy: You guys are all too scarey -- I tried multi-quoting all the Jasper posts, but I can't for some reason - anyway, I thought I'd found him, too, and was copying all the info to see if somebody who knows him a little better wanted to call!!
Hey - maybe we should open an investigation business!!
Google is an amazing tool! Its one of my favorites! :blush:

Wait a minute..... sonic burger...:goodbad:... Magarita....sonic burger...:goodbad:.... Margarita.... it's so hard to chose !

That's great!! Boy, if things continue, we're going to have quite the group... :D
:cry:

Glad that he is ok. Now you can yell at him!

It was one icey dicey morning here! Kids school was 2 hours late....really wish I would have known that before I headed down the hill at 6:20am to take DD to her before-school singing. Sure gave my anti-lock brakes a work out today - it was horribly slick! But all made it out and back home safe.

Who else gets a 3 day weekend this weekend?

Caroleh
01-15-2008, 09:43 PM

I just finished watching Enchanted. It was so good!!!

Are there lots of babies tonight, Blythe?

I'm glad everything turned out good with the DH, Diane!! I know how it feels when they are late and you can't get ahold of them. It is so scary and everything that goes through your head.:hug:

Christine
01-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Who wants coffee?? I just made some.

DD and John are playing Wii. When is it gonna be my turn??? :pout: ;)

Dsnygirl
01-15-2008, 10:00 PM
It's a pizza that has buffalo wing sauce instead of pizza sauce & buffalo chicken wing chicken on it, some mozzerella cheese & blue cheese on the side. Yummm!! Want a piece??

Dsnygirl
01-15-2008, 10:06 PM
:cry:

Why the sad face??? Is December not looking like as much of a possibility?? :(

It's a three day weekend, alright - but for me, it's three nights of working. :( Come visit me online and keep me company, okay??

Are there lots of babies tonight, Blythe?

Not so many... we're getting a little break for now... just hoping it picks up enough by Friday that I get to come in for my overtime!! :blush:

:here: I'd love some!! thanks!!

Tink&Goofy
01-15-2008, 10:16 PM
I just finished watching Enchanted. It was so good!!!

We LOVED this movie!! (Even DH loved it!)

DD and John are playing Wii. When is it gonna be my turn??? :pout: ;)
What are they playing? DD5 is REALLY good at the tennis! I think I need to get her some tennis lessons - maybe she can support us in our old age! :D

It's a pizza that has buffalo wing sauce instead of pizza sauce & buffalo chicken wing chicken on it, some mozzerella cheese & blue cheese on the side. Yummm!! Want a piece??
Yummmm!

Why the sad face??? Is December not looking like as much of a possibility?? :(

It's a three day weekend, alright - but for me, it's three nights of working. :( Come visit me online and keep me company, okay??

Right now December is not happening....although I still have not found a good airfare for March, and things at work may force a change. So I guess I can't rule December out completely....

I'll be around this weekend. DH and the two oldest are going to a hockey game Saturday. I decided to pass since I know DD5 wouldn't be content to sit that long.

So is anybody getting snow? :D

disneydeb
01-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Hi all... just zooping in from work...

It definitely got better around the house after I got up... they fixed everything around 2pm, so all should be toasty by now!!

And thank you for the compliment on my name... it's funny, a lot of people have said they like it, but having grown up with it, I just can't hear it!! All I knew growing up was that it was different, and I didn't like that at all!! Now, I can just say it's a good conversation starter... Dan could tell you some funny stories... :blush:

Good!! And I sure hope you're able to join us in December... it'd be so nice to see you again!!

The chili dogs sound great, but I'll pass -- someone just brought over a chicken wing pizza, and I'm about to go try me a slice!! :blush:

Di, I'm so glad to hear he's okay... it's so easy to jump down that "what if..." path, isn't it???

Diane, I'm so glad everything is OK.

Let me count who all will be there in my (Amy's party) possibly...
me
Amy
DH ?
Amy's DBF
Amy's DBR sister
Amy's DBF brother
Gage?
Laura?

It looks like our family and co. will be a large entourage all to ourselves, doesn't it?

Anyone have any suggestions about an engagement with the castle as a backdrop? :D

pogo
01-15-2008, 10:28 PM
Amy's DBF wants to stay at ASMovies next December. His sister and brother may go too.

My dear hubby came through the room where Amy and I were discussing the trip and Amy asked him if he wanted to go--- He said he might!!

Can you believe that??

Just tell him his old buddy pogo wants him to come so we can drink :beer:and trade fishing stories ! :D

My dh is ok! He finally called! WHEW!!

Now.. how do I get my heart rate back to normal?I'm glad to hear he's OK !

You do have a heart ??? :D

Dan could tell you some funny stories.

That's great!! Boy, if things continue, we're going to have quite the group...
He already has !

Quite a group indeed..... I sure hope we can be there ! :confused:

Watching American Idol. The first couple of episodes are funny, then I lose interest when all the contestants are picked. WE are just the opposite. We watch the first part with a grain of salt. I can't wait till they whittle the group down to 20. :thumbsup: Tomorrow's audition is from Dallas.... any chance we'll see Christine there ?? :D

Google is an amazing tool! Its one of my favorites!
I didn't use Google... I used the yellow pages. :D

Why the sad face??? Is December not looking like as much of a possibility??
I think she is faking it..... remember how T&G played it up about maybe coming to Niagara Falls ???? :D

Beast_fanatic
01-15-2008, 10:44 PM
December that just passed? Or do you mean next December? No and not sure.

I meant last December, and I didn't think they were there, but I thought maybe I had missed it. And, does that "not sure" mean you're considering going to WDW this December?

Glad to hear your DH is fine! Would :marg: help your heart rate?

My hubby, but not me. :(

Dsnygirl
01-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Right now December is not happening....although I still have not found a good airfare for March, and things at work may force a change. So I guess I can't rule December out completely....

So is anybody getting snow?
Well, I'll just keep my fingers crossed...

Yup - but just a bit - enought to be a pain, but not enough to be pretty or useful. (i.e. taking the girls sledding, etc.) :sboard:

Us too....

And, does that "not sure" mean you're considering going to WDW this December?

C'mon Alex, you know you wanna... :D

So - where's Ellen tonight?? Hello?? Put down the scone recipes and come play!! :D

Tink&Goofy
01-15-2008, 11:08 PM

I think she is faking it..... remember how T&G played it up about maybe coming to Niagara Falls ???? :D
Who's teasing here????

Well, I'll just keep my fingers crossed...

If March doesn't work, I may have to decide between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I can't really pull them out of school for more than a day or two. So, even if we went in December, it would likely be closer to Christmas than when most of you all are planning. :(
So what weekend would most be there?

disneydeb
01-16-2008, 06:33 AM
Who's teasing here????

If March doesn't work, I may have to decide between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I can't really pull them out of school for more than a day or two. So, even if we went in December, it would likely be closer to Christmas than when most of you all are planning. :(
So what weekend would most be there?

The weekend before the rates go up! Does that make it easier to remember? Gage will be less than 2 if we take him. Does he need a dining plan?

Jasper
01-16-2008, 07:07 AM
Just zooping in for a moment to say hello!

Do we have the best Mod in the world on the JAQ thread or what? Drummerboy took the time to track down my telephone number and called me yesterday to see how I was doing!!! I think that is just the greatest thing in the world, so hats off and a huge thanks to Ken for making my day yesterday.

I am doing ok with the recovery from surgery but it is still pretty slow going. The doc warned me in advance that this would be far worse than any of the other 6 back operations I have had to date and boy was he right!! I am still mostly confined to bed rest but do get up for about an hour or so each day. My sitting time is still limited to no more than 5 minutes at a spell. So the bottom line is I am still around and getting a little better each day!

Thanks to everyone for your concern and I will try to check in again later today depending on how I feel.

Thanks again to all of you!!!!

pogo
01-16-2008, 07:18 AM
Who's teasing here????

So what weekend would most be there?Poor T&G...... what to do... what to do ??? :D

I shouldn't be going until after Christmas, but I don't want to fight the crowds. My business was very strong until the 15th and like you said the rates go up on the 18th. So I did the math and picked December 11th to the 18th. But honestly.... I'd rather go April 17th to the 24th. :yes: But we will try December so we can meet this cazy group of frineds that said they wanted to go in December. :D

The weekend before the rates go up! Does that make it easier to remember? Gage will be less than 2 if we take him. Does he need a dining plan?I don't think he does. Not at two. :mickey:

pogo
01-16-2008, 07:20 AM

Do we have the best Mod in the world on the JAQ thread or what? Drummerboy took the time to track down my telephone number and called me yesterday to see how I was doing!!! I think that is just the greatest thing in the world, so hats off and a huge thanks to Ken for making my day yesterday.

I am doing ok with the recovery from surgery but it is still pretty slow going. The doc warned me in advance that this would be far worse than any of the other 6 back operations I have had to date and boy was he right!! I am still mostly confined to bed rest but do get up for about an hour or so each day. My sitting time is still limited to no more than 5 minutes at a spell. So the bottom line is I am still around and getting a little better each day!

Thanks to everyone for your concern and I will try to check in again later today depending on how I feel.

Glad to see you again. And by the way.... there were four of us that tracked you down. Ken was the first to make contact. And you are right... We do have the best Mod... and several at that !

So... have you got any happy drugs ?? :D

alpro2
01-16-2008, 07:51 AM
I have a 3 month weekend! :thedolls:

What do you do with the bones? My ancestors from Naples are turning in their grave. :shake:

You do have a heart ???

:rotfl:

I meant last December, and I didn't think they were there, but I thought maybe I had missed it. And, does that "not sure" mean you're considering going to WDW this December?

They went in August. I would love to go next December, but I need to see how my year is panning out first. Stayed tuned....

I know exactly what you mean. Hang in there buddy, it will get better, I promise. :thumbsup:

offwego
01-16-2008, 08:35 AM
Watching American Idol. The first couple of episodes are funny, then I lose interest when all the contestants are picked.
Me too...but this years didn't quite grab me for most of last night. (some of them were just too rude if you know what I mean and I'm not talking about Simon;))

) I always want some!

Gage will be less than 2 if we take him. Does he need a dining plan? Not really..unless he's a big eater by then and he'd want his own stuff. (and not just an extra side at a CS now and then)

So great to hear from you. I hope your getting better each and every day!!

What do you do with the bones? My ancestors from Naples are turning in their grave. Anyone else think it's hardly likely that the chicken wing pizza is the tipping point? I mean think of all the odd things we've done to Italian food in North America (I have an aunt who makes spagetti sauce with tomato soup for goodness sake!)

Christine
01-16-2008, 09:21 AM
What are they playing? DD5 is REALLY good at the tennis!
They were doing the fitness tests and then tennis. You know, I don't think I'm going to buy any more Wii games...all we play is Sports! Does anyone else play any other games?

Tomorrow's audition is from Dallas.... any chance we'll see Christine there ?? :sing: :secret:

:hi: Jasper! Continued :pixie: and prayers to you for a speedy recovery!

I'm fixing to head off here in a bit to meet with the other room mother from Olivia's class to discuss the Valentine's party. We're meeting at Starbucks. It may take a while! :D :blush:

Have a good morning and I'll see you all this afternoon!

offwego
01-16-2008, 09:43 AM
I didn't use Google... I used the yellow pages. :D

I think she is faking it..... remember how T&G played it up about maybe coming to Niagara Falls ???? :D Are yellow pages yellow on the internet? I've never looked.

I'm fixing to head off here in a bit to meet with the other room mother from Olivia's class to discuss the Valentine's party. We're meeting at Starbucks. It may take a while! :D :blush:

Have a good morning and I'll see you all this afternoon! Can you fix to bring back a latte?

Christine
01-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Can you fix to bring back a latte?

:jaw: Remind me to give you some Southern language lessons!

Yes I will bring you back a latte. Anyone else?

offwego
01-16-2008, 09:52 AM
:jaw: Remind me to give you some Southern language

Sorry...I'll try again.

When your fixing to head on back to Intercot could y'all see your way clear to having an extra latte with you? I'd be much obliged.

A wee bit better?

trackbarroness
01-16-2008, 09:53 AM
I take it noone wants to guess who it was that I saw on Monday?
You really want me to just say the title/name?
For which I'm very glad/happy that I extended on Monday. :D

disneydrmr
01-16-2008, 09:58 AM

Thanks Blythe! Yep! It's way too easy.. especially since he's a trucker.. you just never know... I especially hate winter - when the roads are bad I am a nervous wreck all day.

Glad that he is ok. Now you can yell at him!

Is it ok that I hugged him first before I yelled at him? :D

I'm not sure what a chicken wing pizza is either.. but I'd be worried about the feathers getting stuck in my throat! :D

Google is an amazing tool! Its one of my favorites!

I didn't use Google - I used Switchboard. I love that site!

I don't .. I'll be working Monday... should be a quiet day though since the schools are all out.. we won't have them pestering us about 'what time will my delivery be here'....

I'm glad everything turned out good with the DH, Diane!! I know how it feels when they are late and you can't get ahold of them. It is so scary and everything that goes through your head.

Thanks Carol! It also doesn't help that this company he works for has the worst trucks in the world! They are all in desperate need of replacement! The one he used yesterday had NO HEAT in it so when he did get home he was frozen solid!

DD and John are playing Wii. When is it gonna be my turn???

When they are done?

I'm game! I'll try a piece.. but you can keep the blue cheese!

So is anybody getting snow?

Not right now.. but they are saying we'll get some mixed with ice starting tomorrow morning around 3am.. so my drive in to work should be quite fun.

Diane, I'm so glad everything is OK.

Anyone have any suggestions about an engagement with the castle as a backdrop?

Thanks Deb!

Ummmm.... just pick a spot.. get on one knee and ask! So.. who you gonna propose to? :D

You do have a heart ???

:fresh: (has anyone else noticed that I seem to be using this smilie more and more in response to our dear old Pogo?)

Glad to hear your DH is fine! Would :marg: help your heart rate?

I don't know if it would help my heart rate but I'm sure it would knock me out so I can sleep. It's been waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy too long since I've had a sip of any alcohol...

JASPER!!!!!! Sooooo good to hear from you! And so good to know you are doing well! We've all been worried about you! Luckily Jasper, IN only has one costume shop! Though that should also make a person a bit more cautious.. made you too easy to find! And kids think it's safe to give out information on myspace and other message boards...maybe you can do a public service announcement Jasper... telling the public how this crazy person who talks in questions located you because you gave out one small piece of information... :D

I mean think of all the odd things we've done to Italian food in North America (I have an aunt who makes spagetti sauce with tomato soup for goodness sake!)

I'm guessing your aunt is NOT Italian?

I'm fixing to head off here in a bit to meet with the other room mother from Olivia's class to discuss the Valentine's party. We're meeting at Starbucks. It may take a while!

As long as you don't plan to have the class party at Starbucks... can you imagine a whole classroom of children.. high on caffeine? :bolt::hide2:

disneydrmr
01-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Yes I will bring you back a latte. Anyone else?

Since you are offering.. I would LOVE a Venti Caramel Apple Spice please!!! YUM!

Sorry...I'll try again.

When your fixing to head on back to Intercot could y'all see your way clear to having an extra latte with you? I'd be much obliged.

A wee bit better?

Wee? Wouldn't that word indicate an Irish twang? :D

pogo
01-16-2008, 10:03 AM
I would love to go next December, but I need to see how my year is panning out first. Stayed tuned.
And we'd like to see you there. :thumbsup:

Couldn't you use it as a honeymoon ?? :D

They were doing the fitness tests and then tennis. You know, I don't think I'm going to buy any more Wii games...all we play is Sports! Does anyone else play any other games?

Do they have fishing on there ??:blush:
Are yellow pages yellow on the internet? I've never looked.

Nope... all different colours ! :D

Remind me to give you some Southern language lessons!

Yeah.... you got to get that twang thing going. :D

You really want me to just say the title/name?
For which I'm very glad/happy that I extended on Monday.
Come on..... come... on ...... just spit it out ! :D Who ????

pogo
01-16-2008, 10:07 AM
It also doesn't help that this company he works for has the worst trucks in the world! They are all in desperate need of replacement! The one he used yesterday had NO HEAT in it so when he did get home he was frozen solid!

:fresh: (has anyone else noticed that I seem to be using this smilie more and more in response to our dear old Pogo?)

Go ahead.... use it again !:fresh: But I have to ask.... did you warm him up ??? :D

disneydrmr
01-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Go ahead.... use it again !:fresh: But I have to ask.... did you warm him up ??? :D

Yeah I did.. I made him take a warm shower.. then told him to put his socks on.. and I had the electric blanket on the bed for him and told him to keep his cold, frozen body as far away from my nice warm one as he could! :D :fresh:

Can someone please help me find my question?

offwego
01-16-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks Blythe! Yep! It's way too easy.. especially since he's a trucker.. you just never know... I especially hate winter - when the roads are bad I am a nervous wreck all day. I'm guessing your aunt is NOT Italian?:
Not so much no. (and frankly I was 10 and knew you were not supposed to make it that way...)

Wee? Wouldn't that word indicate an Irish twang? :D
Theory wise I guess so..but I'm mostly just everything so it's kinda hard to tell.

Yeah.... you got to get that twang thing going. : Didn't you and Blythe all decide I already had an accent? Mind you I'm still confused as to how in Canada I could have an accent. Kinda like Christine doesn't have an accent unless she travels north right?

Go ahead.... use it again !:fresh: But I have to ask.... did you warm him up ??? :D eww....;)

pogo
01-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Yeah I did.. I made him take a warm shower.. then told him to put his socks on.. and I had the electric blanket on the bed for him and told him to keep his cold, frozen body as far away from my nice warm one as he could! :D :fresh:

Didn't you and Blythe all decide I already had an accent? Mind you I'm still confused as to how in Canada I could have an accent. Kinda like Christine doesn't have an accent unless she travels north right?

Yes dear Natalie...:hug:.. you do have an accent. But you don't have a "twang". And Christine has an accent anyplace she goes. It just stands out in the north..... like your does in the south...... get my point ???? :confused:

Got to leave for an appointment... see you all later today... Oh and Diane..... :fresh: to you too ! :D

Tink&Goofy
01-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Glad to hear the recovery is on track!

Poor T&G...... what to do... what to do ??? :D

I shouldn't be going until after Christmas, but I don't want to fight the crowds. My business was very strong until the 15th and like you said the rates go up on the 18th. So I did the math and picked December 11th to the 18th. But honestly.... I'd rather go April 17th to the 24th. :yes: But we will try December so we can meet this cazy group of frineds that said they wanted to go in December. :D

IF we were to go in December, we would likely just miss you all. With one kid in high school and the other with special needs, they just can't afford to miss much school. And I'm with you on avoiding the crowd between Christmas and New Years!

I have a 3 month weekend! :thedolls:

Didn't I already say "Quiet you"??

Other games? What other games??? Oh, you mean the ones that cost and fortune, and have barely even been opened!

Yah, :fresh: and Pogo seem to go together! :D

I have a chance for a rare morning check in here, since I have to take DD to the orthodontist. So how's everyones hump day going?

disneydrmr
01-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Oh and Diane..... :fresh: to you too ! :D

:D Pogo loves me! He really really loves me!!!! :D

So, what's for lunch today?

Beast_fanatic
01-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Gage will be less than 2 if we take him. Does he need a dining plan?

Nope. He's not even eligible to get one (only 3 and over).

Glad to hear that the recovery is progressing! Continued :pixie: on the way! Don't overdo it!

Couldn't you use it as a honeymoon ??

Or, maybe we could have another proposal. :blush:

As for lunch, I'm having a leftover fajita. Hubby didn't take his though. Should I scold him about that later?

offwego
01-16-2008, 12:30 PM
As for lunch, I'm having a leftover fajita. Hubby didn't take his though. Should I scold him about that later?

Maybe Di could help you with that?

Re the 3 year old dining thing..I had read somewhere (here I thought) that you can purchase it if you want to for those under..just that they don't normally make you buy it to meet the "all on the plan" thing in a package. But perhaps I'm loosing it. It's been a very long day already.

trackbarroness
01-16-2008, 12:43 PM
What's the lady's name who sang the theme song from "Titanic"? :cool:

offwego
01-16-2008, 01:00 PM

Celine Dion? Sounds mighty cool to me.

Mickey'sGirl
01-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Yes dear Natalie...:hug:.. you do have an accent. But you don't have a "twang".Natalie does NOT have an accent -- It must be your ears :D Have you had them checked??

Other games? What other games??? Oh, you mean the ones that cost and fortune, and have barely even been opened! We like the training programs in Wii Sports best.... Euan is also very good at tennis -- It's hilarious to watch him flailing about.....and winning!

Re the 3 year old dining thing..I had read somewhere (here I thought) that you can purchase it if you want to for those under..just that they don't normally make you buy it to meet the "all on the plan" thing in a package.You can't purchase the plan for under 3 -- I tried and tried, and could not. You have to purchase the whole package for the kid if you want the plan for them ... and frankly there is no way that is worth it. They eat for free at buffets and family service restaurants, and we found that we were often given comp pasta for him elsewhere....and then augmented his meal with the bounty from our plates.

Nice to see you Jasper! Hope you continue to recover so well!!!

Just a quick zoop in for those of you who did not miss me one iota. :(

offwego
01-16-2008, 01:42 PM
You can't purchase the plan for under 3 Just a quick zoop in for those of you who did not miss me one iota. :(

Well there you go. Where have you been hiding today? Must have been at the starbucks with Christine or was it a different thing?

Mickey'sGirl
01-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Well there you go. Where have you been hiding today? Must have been at the starbucks with Christine or was it a different thing?Yesterday I had a course at the Geneva Centre for Autism and today is my Wednesday craziness -- school in the morning and therapists after lunch. I had a Timmies just now ... It's not Starbucks, will it still count? :mickey:

offwego
01-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Yesterday I had a course at the Geneva Centre for Autism and today is my Wednesday craziness -- school in the morning and therapists after lunch. I had a Timmies just now ... It's not Starbucks, will it still count? :mickey:

Nope...those I can get. No vicarious living really available. So how was the course?

disneydrmr
01-16-2008, 02:44 PM

Help her with what? Getting her husband to take his food? Or scolding her husband? I don't think I would be good at either since I can barely get my own dh to pack a lunch.. and since I don't know her husband I really don't think he would listen to what I would have to say to him.

Natalie does NOT have an accent -- It must be your ears :D Have you had them checked??

I believe the last time he had them checked the doctor said he could see straight thru to the other side of the room!!! :D

Yesterday I had a course at the Geneva Centre for Autism and today is my Wednesday craziness -- school in the morning and therapists after lunch. I had a Timmies just now ... It's not Starbucks, will it still count? :mickey:

If it has caffeine I believe it counts!

pogo
01-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Yah, :fresh: and Pogo seem to go together!
Why yes they do ......:fresh:...... don't they ??? :D

Pogo loves me! He really really loves me!!!!
Oh yes he does ! :thumbsup:

Or, maybe we could have another proposal.
I'm afraid it would have to be a reenactment !

What's the lady's name who sang the theme song from "Titanic"? I don't know.... didn't she drown ?? :blush:

Celine Dion? Sounds mighty cool to me.
Oh no..... Celine Deon drowned ???? :(

Natalie does NOT have an accent -- It must be your ears Have you had them checked??
Nope.... no stripes or plaid either. :D

Help her with what? Getting her husband to take his food?

and since I don't know her husband I really don't think he would listen to what I would have to say to him.

Ah yes...... another husband that doesn't listen to Diane...... I'm afraid it is an epidemic. :D

disneydrmr
01-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Ah yes...... another husband that doesn't listen to Diane...... I'm afraid it is an epidemic. :D

Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me?

pogo
01-16-2008, 04:24 PM

Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me?
Stop it.... you are making me laugh ! :funny:

Where is your VP when I need him ? :D

disneydrmr
01-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Stop it.... you are making me laugh ! :funny:

Where is your VP when I need him ? :D

Stop what? :fresh: Don't you like to laugh? Or are you afraid you will float up to the ceiling and not be able to get down unless you think of something sad? (Hey Christine! Like the reference? :D)

:spy: We have vays of making vps disappear! muwhahaha....

Christine
01-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Sorry...I'll try again.

A wee bit better?
Still needs a bit of work...you could have said, "would you wrangle me up a latte" or something of the like!

Do they have fishing on there ??:blush:Yes they do...well, not on sports, but on Wii itself

And Christine has an accent anyplace she goes. HEY! I resemble that remark! :humph:

Ewwwww. I'm sorry! I hope you accidentally threw something at her that accidentally hit her! Can you guess I'm not a fan??? :thedolls:

Oh no..... Celine Deon drowned ???? :(

The world could only be so lucky! :rolleyes:

Don't you like to laugh? Or are you afraid you will float up to the ceiling and not be able to get down unless you think of something sad? (Hey Christine! Like the reference? :D)

I sure do! Just don't laugh through your nose or your teeth where you hiss and fizz like snakes!

disneydrmr
01-16-2008, 04:53 PM
I sure do! Just don't laugh through your nose or your teeth where you hiss and fizz like snakes!

Hmmmm... Pogo seems to be more the 'some only blast..." type.. don't you think? :D

Christine
01-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Hmmmm... Pogo seems to be more the 'some only blast..." type.. don't you think? :D

I do! Do you twitter like birds?

disneydrmr
01-16-2008, 04:58 PM

No, I think I squeak as the squeakelers do.

How about you? :D

Dsnygirl
01-16-2008, 05:01 PM

Jasper, I am so glad to hear from you... you gave us quite a lot of fun finding you, though, staying away like that!! :nono: I'm glad to hear your recovery is going well, even though it is slow -- I hope you're feeling better each and every day!! Keep us "posted" on how you're doing... we don't want to have to send out the spies again!!

And by the way.... there were four of us that tracked you down.
Shhh... you want everybody requesting our services???

They went in August. I would love to go next December, but I need to see how my year is panning out first. Stayed tuned....

I'm tuned.... :D

I mean think of all the odd things we've done to Italian food in North America (I have an aunt who makes spagetti sauce with tomato soup for goodness sake!)
:ack:

Hi all... not having a very fun afternoon.... I'm sitting here on hold in Verizon "never-never land" trying to get someone to figure out how to fix what they did wrong. Can you believe I've been on this one phone call for almost an hour??? Every single person I talk to says I can't help... I'm not the right department... let me transfer you... that's not how we do things... we can't do that.... ugh!!! :bang: And the beauty of the whole thing is that this is something we've been trying to fix since August -- and still no one seems to know what to do!!

Anybody have a couple of :marg: I can have to calm me down a bit???? (It's 5 o'clock somewhere, right??? :blush:)

offwego
01-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Still needs a bit of work...you could have said, "would you wrangle me up a latte" or something of the like!

See I thought of wrangle (or rustle) but thought I might be missing southern and hitting cowboy.

The only phrase I really like is something about kissing and grits.

Huh?

Double huh?

What language is this?

disneydrmr
01-16-2008, 05:05 PM
Hi all... not having a very fun afternoon.... I'm sitting here on hold in Verizon "never-never land" trying to get someone to figure out how to fix what they did wrong. Can you believe I've been on this one phone call for almost an hour??? Every single person I talk to says I can't help... I'm not the right department... let me transfer you... that's not how we do things... we can't do that.... ugh!!! :bang: And the beauty of the whole thing is that this is something we've been trying to fix since August -- and still no one seems to know what to do!!

Ugh! Good luck with Verizon! Try contacting them via the email. Go to their website. I did that and got responses. I've had lots of trouble when I've called. This last time I raised such a fuss over the trouble they caused in trying to fix the trouble they caused that I got some extra minutes out of them. Hope it works out!

who has the margarita for Blythe?

Christine
01-16-2008, 05:06 PM

:funny: I'm the kind what can't make up my mind!

Huh?

Double huh?

What language is this?
Please don't tell me you don't recognize Mary Poppins! You're kidding, right?

disneydrmr
01-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Huh?

Double huh?

What language is this?

Have you never seen Mary Poppins???? Whoops! Someone get the smelling salts! I think Christine just fainted! :faint::medic:

Hey - it's 5pm! Time to go home! Bye!

offwego
01-16-2008, 05:10 PM
:funny: I'm the kind what can't make up my mind!

Please don't tell me you don't recognize Mary Poppins! You're kidding, right?

Um well..yeah I don't. We rented it once about 4 years ago but I have that boy kinda thing...so I'm more letter perfect in the buzz genre.

You know..falling with style, your a child's plaything etc.

So I should get this movie and watch it huh? Doesn't it have the dad banker as a distant uninvolved person? I may not want to see that sterotype you know. ;)

Christine
01-16-2008, 05:24 PM
So I should get this movie and watch it huh? Doesn't it have the dad banker as a distant uninvolved person? I may not want to see that sterotype you know. ;)

Yes, ma'am, you should go get the movie and watch it tonight! And the dad banker is not so much "distant and uninvolved", he just sometimes, through no fault of his own, can't see past the end of his nose!
Isn't that right, Di?

offwego
01-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Yes, ma'am, you should go get the movie and watch it tonight! And the dad banker is not so much "distant and uninvolved", he just sometimes, through no fault of his own, can't see past the end of his nose!
Isn't that right, Di?

So now I have nose risk to address? How do noses become a factor?

Christine
01-16-2008, 05:36 PM
:zipped: You're just gonna have to watch and see!

Well, I guess I better go see about dinner. Any suggestions?

offwego
01-16-2008, 05:38 PM

A spoonful of sugar? It's the only line I know or at least can spell.

dlpmikki
01-16-2008, 06:08 PM

Ah Nat - did you miss out on the opportunity of doing the Intercot 10th anniversary quiz where we had the wooden leg called smith from the film? By the way, what was the other leg called? ;)

disneydrmr
01-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Isn't that right, Di?

That's right! Poor man...didn't even see the bird woman as she called out "Feed the birds, toppence a bag".

So now I have nose risk to address? How do noses become a factor?

The noses always noses things...

I have some left over chili mac and some left over beef and noodles you can have... I'm kinda getting tired of it after having it for 3 nights now. Anyone wanna trade left overs?

What - so you can't spell supercali... supercali... um, supercaliwhatchacallit... :D

dlpmikki
01-16-2008, 06:13 PM
That's right! Poor man...didn't even see the bird woman as she called out "Feed the birds, toppence a bag".

What - so you can't spell supercali... supercali... um, supercaliwhatchacallit... :D

Oh dear, I am going all over English ;) It is tuppence a bag which is actually slang for two pennies. And if I wanted to be like Mayor Ken I would be more like Tom Lehrer and the food would be poisoning pigeons in London squares. Does any of that make sense? :D

drummerboy
01-16-2008, 06:44 PM
And if I wanted to be like Mayor Ken I would be more like Tom Lehrer and the food would be poisoning pigeons in London squares.
When did I get to be mayor? I don't even remember running (although I did come seriously close to doing so this year).

We're having a mish mash of leftovers here too. We should all get together for potluck, eh?

Christine
01-16-2008, 07:29 PM
I have some left over chili mac and some left over beef and noodles you can have... I'm kinda getting tired of it after having it for 3 nights now. Anyone wanna trade left overs?

We're having a mish mash of leftovers here too. We should all get together for potluck, eh?

What is the deal with the leftovers??? Why did yall cook too much the first time around??? I don't get it :confused:

Will someone PLEASE help me control myself??? The airline I found out of Shreveport has dropped those $49 each way tickets to $29 each way!!! Please tell me why I shouldn't go! Lie if you have to! It's all I can do not to jump in the car right now and fly down tomorrow!!!:yay::bolt: :help:

BronxTigger
01-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Actually, for some reason this was on a worksheet we had at school on Sunday. And, there was a typo in it and I noticed it as I read it. Is that pathetic or what?

Natazu
01-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi everybody. What'd I miss?

BronxTigger
01-16-2008, 08:16 PM
The first person on American Idol got a golden ticket and was from Longview Texas. Isn't that where Christine is from?

ElenitaB
01-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi, everyone! Ya miss me? (Apparently not.) Yesterday I went into the office (I've mentioned how cool the view is from our cafeteria, so here's a pic) (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2161498190091682051vLOcTF) and was exhausted by the time I got home. Today I was busy, busy, busy and my back was in spasms for most of the day. I did stop in to catch up though. Man, do y'all know that you talk a LOT? :blah:

Jasper, we're so happy to hear from you. Have you been getting our shipments of :pixie:? Here's some more :pixie: for your continued recovery.

How's everyone doing? Did you know we only have 150 days until our trip? Did you also know that we'll be there during Star Wars weekends? I'm so excited! Anyone here ever been during one of those? I'm sure Studios will be packed, but I can't wait, hope to get some pics and autographs.
Not to one up ya, but we only have 27 days on our countdown. We've been during Star Wars weekend. It was AWESOME! You do need to get there early and have a plan.

Bethany does and so does DS. Guess who's coming to visit?

What are they playing? DD5 is REALLY good at the tennis! I think I need to get her some tennis lessons - maybe she can support us in our old age!

DS had tennis lessons first and then we got the Wii. Now tennis lessons got really, really expensive so all we have is the Wii. We also like to play other games (he's playing Naruto right now).

Christine, don't you have HSM for the Wii? It's a lot of fun and I think Miss Olivia would really like it.

So is anybody getting snow? :D
We might get snow on Friday. Doesn't it know that it's supposed to snow (a lot) during the week so that we can get a day off? :shakehead:

So - where's Ellen tonight?? Hello?? Put down the scone recipes and come play!! :D
I was :sleepin: (for once)

Will someone PLEASE help me control myself??? The airline I found out of Shreveport has dropped those $49 each way tickets to $29 each way!!! Please tell me why I shouldn't go! Lie if you have to! It's all I can do not to jump in the car right now and fly down tomorrow!!!
Wow! If I could get tickets for that cheap and had an AP, it would be really hard for me to stay away. (Sorry... I'm not helping.) You have a place to stay between the 12th and the 17th, btw.

Where do they get these people for Wife Swap?

pogo
01-16-2008, 08:24 PM
The first person on American Idol got a golden ticket and was from Longview Texas. Isn't that where Christine is from?
Yes it is.... and the girls name was Jessica. She was pretty good. :thumbsup:

Do you know her, Christine ????? :blush:

Christine
01-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Yes it is.... and the girls name was Jessica. She was pretty good. :thumbsup:

Do you know her, Christine ????? :blush:
Jessica's my stage name! :secret: :D No, I don't know who it is...but no doubt tomorrow's paper will have all the details!

Christine, don't you have HSM for the Wii? It's a lot of fun and I think Miss Olivia would really like it.

No we don't...is it like karaoke?

Wow! If I could get tickets for that cheap and had an AP, it would be really hard for me to stay away. (Sorry... I'm not helping.) You have a place to stay between the 12th and the 17th, btw.
Ellen, I am THIS CLOSE to doing this...are you SURE you would want me??? The threat level of having me for a roomie is ORANGE!! :jaw:

Where do they get these people for Wife Swap?
I don't know, but John is probably gonna be asking to trade me when I tell him what I'm trying to do!! :blush:

disneydeb
01-16-2008, 08:44 PM

Ken tracked down Jasper to see how he was after surgery, Diane 's hubby was lost on te drive in a frozen truck, Pogo is still trying to sell tickets to WDW in December, Bethany went to a train show then went back again, Jenn is taking courses, Blythe and Dan 's daughter got really hot, my DD Amy thinks her DBF will propose next December in front of Cindy's castle and you're all invited. How'd I do?

Tink&Goofy
01-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Ellen, I am THIS CLOSE to doing this...are you SURE you would want me??? The threat level of having me for a roomie is ORANGE!! :jaw:

No, I think its RED. Thats the color for "imminent"! :D
Are you going to grab a few real estate magazines while you're there?

alpro2
01-16-2008, 09:16 PM
How's the morning sickness, pop?

Beast_fanatic
01-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Christine, you should not go to Disney World because your daughter and your husband will begin to think you don't love them any more! How's that for a reason?

drummerboy
01-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Yesterday I went into the office (I've mentioned how cool the view is .

We might get snow on Friday. Doesn't it know that it's supposed to snow (a lot) during the week so that we can get a day off? :shakehead:

Is that the flatiron building on the right (the triangular one) or am I thinking of another bldg?

Some areas not far from us might get snow tonight, but I think we're supposed to just get cold rain. :(

How's the morning sickness, pop?
I didn't know Natazu was your father. And why is he having morning sickness? Is he having to see you every morning? :thedolls:

BronxTigger
01-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Is that the flatiron building on the right (the triangular one) or am I thinking of another bldg?

It's not the Flatiron Building. As an aside, I actually go past the Flatiron Building on my way to school. And on the way home from school, I can see Ellen's building. Is it any wonder why my feet are tired at the end of the day?

So Ellen, am I invited to visit you in February? :D

pogo
01-16-2008, 09:54 PM
OK..... my wife and I are watching Idol auditions from Dallas and we are laughing so hard. Is anybody else being entertained by this ? :confused:

Christine, Rhonda and Morgan... (is she still with us ?) ...... you have a lot of weirdo's in Texas..... sorry ! :(

I don't know, but John is probably gonna be asking to trade me when I tell him what I'm trying to do!!
I'll give him two chickens and a pig for ya ! :D

You mean you haven't been around ? :blush:

Christine, you should not go to Disney World because your daughter and your husband will begin to think you don't love them any more! How's that for a reason?

:drama: I agree ! You should stay home and NOT go to WDW without them..... sorry ! :(

Dsnygirl
01-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Lots!! But we missed you, too!! I see someone caught you up, though...

How's Rachel doing??

(I've mentioned how cool the view is from our cafeteria, so here's a pic) (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2161498190091682051vLOcTF)
Hi Ellen! :hi: What a cool shot!! And of course we missed you, silly!!

Ken tracked down Jasper to see how he was after surgery, Diane 's hubby was lost on te drive in a frozen truck, Pogo is still trying to sell tickets to WDW in December, Bethany went to a train show then went back again, Jenn is taking courses, Blythe and Dan 's daughter got really hot, my DD Amy thinks her DBF will propose next December in front of Cindy's castle and you're all invited. How'd I do?
Great!! Much better than I could've done... :thumbsup:

So - all of a sudden it's really quiet around here -- you guys were quite chatty today!! I'm actually headed off to bed already... had a little bit of upset this morning at work, and on top of everything else that's gone on the last few days - I just feel spent. Luckily, I'm headed over to a friend's house for the day tomorrow to just crash and watch a few movies (actually, it's a fellow Intercotee, Kisobel a.k.a. Kate... the girl who delivered our NY's baby...) She said there's a couple of movies I just have to see, and it's time for me to relax! What a girl, 'eh?? So, I'm sure that'll help, and I'll show up around here tomorrow with little bit of a :) attitude. :blush:

Hope you all are having a nice night -- see you tomorrow afternoon!! G'nite!!

Beast_fanatic
01-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Christine, Rhonda and Morgan... (is she still with us ?) ...... you have a lot of weirdo's in Texas..... sorry !

Yeah, I'm sorry that we have a lot of weirdos in Texas too. I really wish they'd stop moving in from all those other states and countries. ;)

Why do I feel like I skipped dinner?

BronxTigger
01-16-2008, 10:08 PM
OK..... my wife and I are watching Idol auditions from Dallas and we are laughing so hard. Is anybody else being entertained by this ? :confused:

*sings* I am your brother! ......I am your brother! ....I am your brother! ....I am your brother! ....

Oh WOW that was funny. I missed the show last night because I fell asleep too early. Did anyone else watch the ending tonight?

trackbarroness
01-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Rhonda your not on a diet also are you?
Because I'm feeling hungry also. Must be the diet foods fault then. :D lolol
I'm thinking of entering at least the 1/2 marathon next year. Is that a crazy idea or what? :cool:

pogo
01-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Yeah, I'm sorry that we have a lot of weirdos in Texas too. I really wish they'd stop moving in from all those other states and countries.
Did you say that with a twang ? :D

*sings* I am your brother! ......I am your brother! ....I am your brother! ....I am your brother! ....

Oh WOW that was funny. I missed the show last night because I fell asleep too early. Did anyone else watch the ending tonight?
OMG.... that was so funny ! :funny:

I'm thinking of entering at least the 1/2 marathon next year. Is that a crazy idea or what?
I will if you will ! :D

alongfortheride
01-16-2008, 10:38 PM

:drama: I agree ! You should stay home and NOT go to WDW without them..... sorry ! :(

Are ya'll trying to mess up a daddy/daughter weekend??

Olivia and I love spending time together, and we know Christine will have a blast in Disney, so we're very happy that she's getting to go.

Beast_fanatic
01-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Rhonda your not on a diet also are you?

Of course I am! I'm on a permanent diet! I think it was because I didn't have any protein at dinner.

Did you say that with a twang ?

I am one of those rarest of breeds - a native Texan that still lives in Texas!

Olivia and I love spending time together, and we know Christine will have a blast in Disney, so we're very happy that she's getting to go.

Christine, what are you doing logging on under John's account? ;)

Tink&Goofy
01-16-2008, 10:56 PM

Christine, Rhonda and Morgan... (is she still with us ?) ...... you have a lot of weirdo's in Texas..... sorry !
Thanks for the heads up - there are benefits to being in a different time zone! ;)

I think he's trying to get rid of her. :D

Will someone PLEASE help me control myself??? The airline I found out of Shreveport has dropped those $49 each way tickets to $29 each way!!! Please tell me why I shouldn't go! Lie if you have to! It's all I can do not to jump in the car right now and fly down tomorrow!!!:bolt: :help:
Did you actually think that purchasing an AP was going to SAVE you money?? :funny::rotfl::haha:

Christine
01-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Christine, what are you doing logging on under John's account? ;)
Hand to God, I didn't do it!

I think he's trying to get rid of her. :D

Gee, ya think?? ;) That AND he's trying to gain points for when he wants to go to his computer game tournament this summer!
Actually, truth be told, I'm a bit spoiled! But don't tell :secret:

Did you actually think that purchasing an AP was going to SAVE you money?? :funny::rotfl::haha:
Never doubted it for a second! ;)

pogo
01-16-2008, 11:35 PM

OK Christine..... quit logging in as your husband..... we all know he is working like he always does ! :fresh: Nice try ! :shake:

Did you really think we'd fall for that ??? :funny:

I am one of those rarest of breeds - a native Texan that still lives in Texas!
:secret: Can I tell you a secret ? I am a sucker for a southern gal calling me "Sugar" ! I think it is so cute with the twang ! :D

Did you actually think that purchasing an AP was going to SAVE you money??
It could be worse.... she could talk John into a DVC package ! :D

Going to bed.... nitey, nite.... :sleepin:

Natazu
01-16-2008, 11:36 PM
How's the morning sickness, pop?I feel pretty good now, thanks.

Ken tracked down Jasper to see how he was after surgery, Diane 's hubby was lost on te drive in a frozen truck, Pogo is still trying to sell tickets to WDW in December, Bethany went to a train show then went back again, Jenn is taking courses, Blythe and Dan 's daughter got really hot, my DD Amy thinks her DBF will propose next December in front of Cindy's castle and you're all invited. How'd I do?Got it. Hope you're doing well Jasper.

You mean you haven't been around ? :blush:
SOME people checked on me... but you sent presents so it's ok. ;)

Lots!! But we missed you, too!! I see someone caught you up, though...
How's Rachel doing??
She's doing better now that I talked the OB into some Reglan po ac and hs

Rachel wants Rebecca as a middle name for a girl. I like Holly for a first name. I like Alex for a boys first name and maybe Anthony so his initials would be AAR!

Any ideas?

disneydeb
01-17-2008, 06:45 AM
Mornin' all!

I have laryngitis, so this will be short.

It snowed last night, but then rained - so there is not any chance of us having a snow day today.:(

At least we have a little precipitation in our rain bucket.:thumbsup:

Jym. When will you find out is it is a prince or a princess?

pogo
01-17-2008, 07:13 AM
Good morning all.... today's appointments all got cancelled so I've got to wing it today ! So I'll be zooping in and out all day long ! Aren't you excited ? :D

Rachel wants Rebecca as a middle name for a girl. I like Holly for a first name. I like Alex for a boys first name and maybe Anthony so his initials would be AAR!

Any ideas?
Boy.... did you just open a can of worms here ! Alex.... Alex ???? :faint: Wait until he reads this. His head will be twice the size it was before ! :D

Mornin' all!

It snowed last night, but then rained - so there is not any chance of us having a snow day today.:(

At least we have a little precipitation in our rain bucket.:thumbsup:

Jym. When will you find out is it is a prince or a princess?
:hi: Sis... I know it's so hard to type when you have laryngitis.... it must even hurt your finger tips to swallow. :funny: Thanks for being the martyr. :D

alpro2
01-17-2008, 08:07 AM
I didn't know Natazu was your father. And why is he having morning sickness? Is he having to see you every morning? :thedolls:
Ken, Ken, Ken.....was that necessary? :shake:

John is dying to get rid of those earplugs for a weekend. :D

I like Alex for a boys first name and maybe Anthony so his initials would be AAR!

:woohoo:

I knew I liked you for a reason. So tell me Jym, was it the way I staggered in the Parking Lot of PI? :D

Boy.... did you just open a can of worms here ! Alex.... Alex ???? :faint: Wait until he reads this. His head will be twice the size it was before !

What? Me? Big headed? Just because Jym wants to name his first born after me, doesn't mean Uncle Alex will change. :shades:

drummerboy
01-17-2008, 08:21 AM
I probably shouldn't mention that DW is going of RVing without me next month. She's going with some retired friends of ours. (She swears I'm counting the days.:D)

Actually, truth be told, I'm a bit spoiled! But don't tell :secret:

We'd have never guessed such a thing. Glad you told us.

Mornin' all!

Now that was funny.

Ken, Ken, Ken.....was that necessary? :shake:
Well...Yuh. :D

disneydrmr
01-17-2008, 08:22 AM
OK..... my wife and I are watching Idol auditions from Dallas and we are laughing so hard. Is anybody else being entertained by this ?

Oh WOW that was funny. Did anyone else watch the ending tonight?

My dh and I have NEVER laughed so hard before! THAT was probably the BEST Idol ending ever! And I have to agree with Simon - I believe that song will end up being 'a hit'... we've not seen the last of the 'man in white feathers'. :D

Hmmm.... me thinks John is up to something...

I think he's trying to get rid of her.

Ok fellow :spy: - we have a mystery to solve! WHY would John want to get rid of Christine?

Hope you feel better soon. Gargle with some warm salt water...

Good morning all.... today's appointments all got cancelled so I've got to wing it today ! So I'll be zooping in and out all day long ! Aren't you excited ? :D

I know it's so hard to type when you have laryngitis.... it must even hurt your finger tips to swallow. Thanks for being the martyr.

Are you having buffalo wings or just plain wings? :D

Deb - may I please answer Pogo for you? That way you can save your voice! Pogo - :fresh:

John is dying to get rid of those earplugs for a weekend. :D

What? Me? Big headed? Just because Jym wants to name his first born after me, doesn't mean Uncle Alex will change. :shades:

Hmmm.. do you really think it's for that reason Alex? Or maybe John would just like to be able to use the computer for a change.

Ken - I think you need to widen the thread out a bit... Alex seems to be taking up more room than usual. :D

drummerboy
01-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Ken - I think you need to widen the thread out a bit... Alex seems to be taking up more room than usual. :D
Can't you use your super-duper flat-screen wall-mounted TV for a monitor?

drummerboy
01-17-2008, 08:40 AM
I'll have to :zipped: and be diplomatic at lunch today. As governmental affairs VP of our Chamber, I'm hosting our semi-annual governmental luncheon. The county, most towns in our end of the county, local state rep. and congressionsal rep. will have somebody there, so let's see how long it takes me to :oops:. Think I could regale them with JQ stories?

disneydrmr
01-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Can't you use your super-duper flat-screen wall-mounted TV for a monitor?

Um, I would, but I still don't think his head will fit... :D

Hey Pogo - I saw a new Aflac commercial last night... the one with the orangataun! That was too funny!

Is anyone else having trouble coming up with questions?

disneydrmr
01-17-2008, 08:42 AM
I'll have to :zipped: and be diplomatic at lunch today. As governmental affairs VP of our Chamber, I'm hosting our semi-annual governmental luncheon. The county, most towns in our end of the county, local state rep. and congressionsal rep. will have somebody there, so let's see how long it takes me to :oops:. Think I could regale them with JQ stories?

Ok everyone! Let's take bids on how long Ken will take to embarrass himself! I say 10 minutes!

Regale them with JQ stories? Are you trying to get out of having to host further functions/luncheons?

offwego
01-17-2008, 08:47 AM
Ah Nat - did you miss out on the opportunity of doing the Intercot 10th anniversary quiz where we had the wooden leg called smith from the film? By the way, what was the other leg called? ;) Yes I missed it as I wasn't there.

I have some left over chili mac and some left over beef and noodles you can have... I'm kinda getting tired of it after having it for 3 nights now. Anyone wanna trade left overs? What is chili mac now?

Oh dear, I am going all over English ;) All over English does.

We're having a mish mash of leftovers here too. We should all get together for potluck, eh? Sure!

What is the deal with the leftovers??? Why did yall cook too much the first time around??? I don't get it :confused:QUOTE]
So you don't have to cook each night...it is easier then eating out once and while.
[QUOTE=Natazu;1519590]Hi everybody. What'd I miss?
A Mary Poppins lesson.

Hi, everyone! Ya miss me? (Apparently not.)Where do they get these people for Wife Swap?
Yes we missed you..and I have no clue.

OK..... my wife and I are watching Idol auditions from Dallas and we are laughing so hard. Is anybody else being entertained by this ?(
These ones were funnier..anyone else think Simon is taking be nice pills?

Mickey'sGirl
01-17-2008, 09:17 AM
Stop what? :fresh: Don't you like to laugh? Or are you afraid you will float up to the ceiling and not be able to get down unless you think of something sad? (Hey Christine! Like the reference? :D)I love that scene.

Any ideas?I love your names. Remember that it is your child and it is nobody elses business what you name him/her. Personally, I like Charles (Charley)for a boy and Greer for a girl.... I can not have any more children, so they are yours for the taking! :thumbsup: (Although I think Holly is a really cute name...)

I have laryngitis, so this will be short.That is really funny. :funny:

Um, I would, but I still don't think his head will fit... :DI was thinking the same thing..... Will Alex's head need it's own Login? :thedolls:

Hi Ellen! If you have treatment today ... I hope this helps! :pixie:

drummerboy
01-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Ok everyone! Let's take bids on how long Ken will take to embarrass himself! I say 10 minutes!

Regale them with JQ stories? Are you trying to get out of having to host further functions/luncheons?
Ten minutes? Wow, I didn't know you had that much confidence in me.

Don't you think that will be a great way to get out of doing it again? Just think: "Take my JQ friend Alex....please!" It'll knock 'em down. (Or they'll knock me down trying to get out the door.)

So, Ellen, does that triangular building have a name? I remember seeing it when DW and I visited NYC a while back.

disneydrmr
01-17-2008, 09:52 AM
What is chili mac now?

Chili mac is like chili spaghetti.. only you actually mix the noodles into the chili instead of just topping the spaghetti with the chili.. and instead of using spaghetti you use Elbow macaroni. Got it?

I was thinking the same thing..... Will Alex's head need it's own Login? :thedolls:

Better yet.. will Alex's head need it's own zip code? :D

Don't you think that will be a great way to get out of doing it again? Just think: "Take my JQ friend Alex....please!" It'll knock 'em down. (Or they'll knock me down trying to get out the door.)

I'll vote for knocking you down trying to get away.. especially if you are gonna threaten them with having to take Alex off your hands... :D

Beast_fanatic
01-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Can I tell you a secret ? I am a sucker for a southern gal calling me "Sugar" ! I think it is so cute with the twang !

I'll have to try to remember that in case we do all make it Disney in December. 'Sugar' isn't really part of my regular vocabulary (and my twang is not as pronounced as Christine's, but I can twang it up if need be ;)).

I probably shouldn't mention that DW is going of RVing without me next month. She's going with some retired friends of ours. (She swears I'm counting the days.:D)

We'd have never guessed such a thing. Glad you told us.

Now that was funny.

Well...Yuh. :D

Ken, are you just testing me? :nono:

pogo
01-17-2008, 10:56 AM
I knew I liked you for a reason. So tell me Jym, was it the way I staggered in the Parking Lot of PI?

What? Me? Big headed? Just because Jym wants to name his first born after me, doesn't mean Uncle Alex will change.
OK..... how much money does Jym owe you ??? :D

I probably shouldn't mention that DW is going of RVing without me next month. She's going with some retired friends of ours.
I hope you have a new bumper ordered for it already ! :D

Hmmm.... me thinks John is up to something...

Ok fellow :spy: - we have a mystery to solve! WHY would John want to get rid of Christine?

A better question is.... why wouldn't he ??? :D

Hey Pogo - I saw a new Aflac commercial last night... the one with the orangataun! That was too funny!

It is cute.... it reminded me of you when I first saw it... you know red head and all. :fresh:

I'll have to try to remember that in case we do all make it Disney in December. 'Sugar' isn't really part of my regular vocabulary (and my twang is not as pronounced as Christine's, but I can twang it up if need be.

Cool.... I can't wait ! :D

Yeah Ken.... are you just testing Rhonda ?? :funny:

drummerboy
01-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Isn't it my job to see if you're awake and paying attention? :blush:

Blechy gray and rainy day here, but we sure need the rain.

Pogo, DW will be going with another woman in her RV, so I hope she has her bumper insurance paid up. DW keeps asking if I'll be OK for that long by myself. I just keep responding with a mysterious smile. He he he. Actually, it'll be a good time for me to do some concentrated writing.

Beast_fanatic
01-17-2008, 12:44 PM
What's for lunch today?

I'm actually feeling a bit queasy :sick: , but I felt a little better after I had my morning snack, so I think it's just sinus drainage that's making me feel yucky and that I'll probably feel better if I eat.

disneydrmr
01-17-2008, 12:49 PM
It is cute.... it reminded me of you when I first saw it... you know red head and all. :fresh:

Ok, everyone on the count of three... one.. two.. THREE! :fresh:

What's for lunch today?

I'm actually feeling a bit queasy :sick: , but I felt a little better after I had my morning snack, so I think it's just sinus drainage that's making me feel yucky and that I'll probably feel better if I eat.

I had Popeye's 16 piece chicken nuggets with cole slaw! YUM! :cloud9: And one of their biscuits! Those are to die for!

Sorry you aren't feeling well. There's a couple different stomache bugs going around here. Hope you are right and it is just your drainage. Have you taken anything for it? Hope you feel better soon!

pogo
01-17-2008, 01:04 PM
What's for lunch today?

Hope you're feeling better ! :(

I'm having Ham and cheese on whole wheat and a bowl of chicken noodle soup. Want some ??

I had Popeye's 16 piece chicken nuggets with cole slaw! YUM! :cloud9: And one of their biscuits! Those are to die for!
OK.... what happened to your New Years resolution ???? :D

Beast_fanatic
01-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Sorry you aren't feeling well. There's a couple different stomache bugs going around here. Hope you are right and it is just your drainage. Have you taken anything for it? Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks. I did take something for the drainage, but nothing for the queasiness. I still have the drainage though.

Anyone want to go to the mall? I was thinking about going to walk around during my lunch hour since it's cold out today and I likely won't walk outside this afternoon. I'll also probably hit the food court for lunch.

Beast_fanatic
01-17-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm having Ham and cheese on whole wheat and a bowl of chicken noodle soup. Want some ??

That does sound good! Did you bring enough for everyone?

Nascfan
01-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Is Rhonda sick? Get well pixie dust coming your way.

I'm having a chicken sandwich and chips for lunch. After that I'll be ready to go walk the mall.

offwego
01-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Anyone want to go to the mall? I was thinking about going to walk around during my lunch hour since it's cold out today and I likely won't walk outside this afternoon. I'll also probably hit the food court for lunch.
Does it have a shoe store? If so I'm in.

That does sound good! Did you bring enough for everyone?
I have ham and cheese too but no soup. Coffee though. Would that help?

And Di 16 nuggets? are they mini? I can never eat that many.

alpro2
01-17-2008, 02:14 PM

That's nice. Everbody is a comedian. :shake:

Pogo, DW will be going with another woman in her RV...
Her friend has a RV too. Looks like we have the RV version of Hells Angels. :D

16 piece nuggets, cole slaw AND biscuits? You little piggy you! :D

Beast_fanatic
01-17-2008, 02:19 PM
I ended up having chicken noodle soup from Chick-Fil-A, and I'm finishing off the saltine crackers that came with it now. I feel slightly better since I ate, hopefully it will continue to help.

Yes, the mall does have shoe stores. I didn't go to any of them, and I didn't do much walking around. I ate my soup while watching the ice skaters, and then I ventured into the Disney Store where I found nothing of interest to me and then I looked over the calendar kiosk because they were 75% off and then I got a refill on my drink and left as it was time to be back to work. Why does the time go so much faster away from work than it does when I'm here?

pogo
01-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Did you bring enough for everyone?
Sure. :thumbsup:

Anyone want to go to the mall? I was thinking about going to walk around during my lunch hour since it's cold out today and I likely won't walk outside this afternoon. I'll also probably hit the food court for lunch.Did you ask Christine ? She'd like to I'm sure. And she can :spend: & :shop: he way around the mall. :D

I have ham and cheese too but no soup. Coffee though. Would that help?
Oops.... no coffee..... sorry. :(

16 piece nuggets, cole slaw AND biscuits? You little piggy you!

offwego
01-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Sure. :thumbsup:
Did you ask Christine ? She'd like to I'm sure. And she can :spend: & :shop: he way around the mall. :D

Oops.... no coffee..... sorry. :(

No coffee? I was offering or do you just not do cofffe?

disneydrmr
01-17-2008, 02:44 PM
OK.... what happened to your New Years resolution ???? :D

What new year's resolution?

And Di 16 nuggets? are they mini? I can never eat that many.

Ok.. nuggets is not the correct word.. they were more like popcorn chicken size. Geesh...what are you guys - the diet police? :D

I ended up having chicken noodle soup from Chick-Fil-A, and I'm finishing off the saltine crackers that came with it now. I feel slightly better since I ate, hopefully it will continue to help.

I LOVE Chick-Fil-A! Glad you feel better! And maybe you feel better cause you went shopping/walking? A trip to the Disney store - even when you don't buy anything - always makes a person feel better!

pogo
01-17-2008, 02:46 PM
No coffee? I was offering or do you just not do cofffe?

:doh: I thought you were asking for coffee. I've already had about 15 cups of coffee. :(

Will you forgive me ?? :blush:

pogo
01-17-2008, 02:51 PM
OK.... what happened to your New Years resolution ????

What new year's resolution?

My resolutions for this year?
As always: lose weight (at least 20 - 25lbs)Get out of debt
Make sure my family and friends always know that I love them..
and STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM MY DH'S FAMILY AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!
Anyone want some Chocolate Cheese Fudge? I have a whole 'bucket' left and need it out of my house if I want to have any hope of losing some weight....
Does that bring back any memories ???? :D

pogo
01-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Oh.... did I forget this ??

offwego
01-17-2008, 02:54 PM
:doh: I thought you were asking for coffee. I've already had about 15 cups of coffee. :(

Will you forgive me ?? :blush:

Of course I thought you gave it up! Need more then?

pogo
01-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Of course I thought you gave it up! Need more then?

Are you trying to make me :mjump: ? :D

disneydrmr
01-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Does that bring back any memories ???? :D

Oh.... did I forget this ??

Yes.. but what does that have to do with my lunch today?

And :fresh: right back atcha!

offwego
01-17-2008, 03:02 PM
Are you trying to make me :mjump: ? :D

And that's bad how?

pogo
01-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Yes.. but what does that have to do with my lunch today?

First.... you know I love you, right ??? :blush:

That's what it has to do with your lunch today !

Understand now ???? :confused:

pogo
01-17-2008, 03:08 PM
And that's bad how?

How can I concentrate when I'm :mjump: ?? :confused:

offwego
01-17-2008, 03:21 PM
How can I concentrate when I'm :mjump: ?? :confused:

On the downs?

disneydrmr
01-17-2008, 03:28 PM
First.... you know I love you, right ??? :blush:

That's what it has to do with your lunch today !

Understand now ???? :confused:

Oh! I get it.. I hurt your feelings by not offering to share my popcorn chicken with you. I'm sooooo sorry. I promise to share next time I go to Popeyes for lunch.

Does that make you feel better?

pogo
01-17-2008, 03:41 PM
On the downs?:huh: You expect me to concentrate on the downs ???? What do I do on the ups ??? :confused:

Oh! I get it.. I hurt your feelings by not offering to share my popcorn chicken with you. I'm sooooo sorry. I promise to share next time I go to Popeyes for lunch.
:bang: OK....I tried to be nice..... but you leave me no choice !:mad:

I DON'T WANT YOUR LUNCH.....

I DON'T WANT YOU TO HAVE THAT GARBAGE FOR LUNCH !

I CARE ABOUT YOU AND YOU ARE NOT TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT ! :scale::dizzy::faint:

Do YOU understand now ???

disneydrmr
01-17-2008, 03:50 PM
:bang: OK....I tried to be nice..... but you leave me no choice !:mad:

I DON'T WANT YOUR LUNCH.....

I DON'T WANT YOU TO HAVE THAT GARBAGE FOR LUNCH !

I CARE ABOUT YOU AND YOU ARE NOT TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT ! :scale::dizzy::faint:

Do YOU understand now ???

:sob: You don't have to yell. :cry:

And why do you say I'm not trying to lose weight? I only had a small Activia yogurt for breakfast (110 calories) then I had the popeye's lunch... dinner is gonna be one bowl of homemade beef and noodles... besides.. I'm a stress eater and I'm under quite a bit of stress right now... I promise I'll do better tomorrow. I'm hoping to find the money in my budget to buy a mini/personal trampoline. Someone told me Walmart has them for around $20 or so. (I guess now's not the time to tell him about the chocolate bars I have in my desk drawer?)

pogo
01-17-2008, 03:59 PM
:sob: You don't have to yell. :cry:

(I guess now's not the time to tell him about the chocolate bars I have in my desk drawer?)

I'm sorry I yelled.... but I don't want you to look like me. :( Do you understand yet ???

Chocolate bars in your desk ??? Oh my ! :faint:

disneydrmr
01-17-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm sorry I yelled.... but I don't want you to look like me. :( Do you understand yet ???

Um.. I don't think there's any chance of me looking like you.. I have red hair, you don't.. I'm still young.. and well, you're not :D... and the biggie.. I'm female.. and you are not.

Yes! Chocolate bars in my desk! They are brand new.. a broker brought them in for us to try! They are flavored 3 Musketeer bars - I have Chocolate Strawberry Brownie, S'mores Brownie and a Chocolate Brownie... and they are only 140 calories each! Do you want to split one with me? - that way it would only be 70 calories.

offwego
01-17-2008, 04:10 PM
:I promise I'll do better tomorrow. I'm hoping to find the money in my budget to buy a mini/personal trampoline. Someone told me Walmart has them for around $20 or so. (I guess now's not the time to tell him about the chocolate bars I have in my desk drawer?)

But seriously Di..the nutritional content in that isn't very good. And we do want to help you! Pogo's just trying to look out for your overall health.

Now if someone could just nag me about water. Any takers?

disneydrmr
01-17-2008, 04:18 PM
But seriously Di..the nutritional content in that isn't very good. And we do want to help you! Pogo's just trying to look out for your overall health.

I know, I know... I just like to give Pogo a hard time! Seriously - I really am a stress eater.. and well, right now my stress meter is at an all time high... but I'm trying. I appreciate the help and love I get here!

I'm sure Pogo will be glad to nag you on water - and I will too.. that is something I ALWAYS have to force myself to do. I was seriously dehydrated for a long time.. found out that was what was causing a lot of my heart problems and dizzy issues. So I really try to keep up with my water! Sooooo.. Hey Nat! Have you drank your 64 oz of water today?

pogo
01-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Um.. I don't think there's any chance of me looking like you.. I have red hair, you don't.. I'm still young.. and well, you're not :D... and the biggie.. I'm female.. and you are not.

Yes! Chocolate bars in my desk! They are brand new.. a broker brought them in for us to try! They are flavored 3 Musketeer bars - I have Chocolate Strawberry Brownie, S'mores Brownie and a Chocolate Brownie... and they are only 140 calories each! Do you want to split one with me? - that way it would only be 70 calories. :drama: I can't take any more ! :shake: You win...... I give up ! :mad: I need a break ! :faint:

Nope.... I'm tired. Do you really need help ??? :confused: I'm sorry, Natalie.... Diane has me tired out. Got to go.... :sadwave:

disneydrmr
01-17-2008, 04:24 PM
:drama: I can't take any more ! :shake: You win...... I give up ! :mad: I need a break ! :faint:

Nope.... I'm tired. Do you really need help ??? :confused: I'm sorry, Natalie.... Diane has me tired out. Got to go.... :sadwave:

I'm sorry Pogo... did I go too far? You are just too much fun to rib... if I promise not to do it again will you stay around a bit longer? I'm really sorry :crying: please forgive me. I couldn't stand it if you were angry with me... please please please forgive me. I'll just die if you don't. :drama:

offwego
01-17-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm sorry Pogo... did I go too far? You are just too much fun to rib... if I promise not to do it again will you stay around a bit longer? I'm really sorry :crying: please forgive me. I couldn't stand it if you were angry with me... please please please forgive me. I'll just die if you don't. :drama:

Good going Pogo...did you see the bit about stress eating. Now Diane is going run out and get a double batch of hagen daz or something!

And no I haven't drank all my water yet. I'm working on the first half litre. of which I would need four to get to roughly 64oz. Is that what I'm supposed to hit? I was aiming at hiting a 1.5 litres a day which would be about 48oz is that not enough?

alpro2
01-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Geesh...what are you guys - the diet police?

I LOVE Chick-Fil-A!
:haha: Doesn't suprise me. :D

... I promise I'll do better tomorrow. I'm hoping to find the money in my budget to buy a mini/personal trampoline. Someone told me Walmart has them for around $20 or so. (I guess now's not the time to tell him about the chocolate bars I have in my desk drawer?)

I'm sorry I yelled.... but I don't want you to look like me. Do you understand yet ???

Yes, what Pogo is trying to say is that he doesn't want you to fall thru that cheap, little Walmart trampoline. :D

Should I mind my own business? :hide2:

disneydrmr
01-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Good going Pogo...did you see the bit about stress eating. Now Diane is going run out and get a double batch of hagen daz or something!

And no I haven't drank all my water yet. I'm working on the first half litre. of which I would need four to get to roughly 64oz. Is that what I'm supposed to hit? I was aiming at hiting a 1.5 litres a day which would be about 48oz is that not enough?

Not Hagen Daz.... more likely some Ben & Jerry's! :cloud9:

I believe you need to drink 64 oz of water each day. IF you drink caffeine though you need to increase that as caffeine is a diuretic and will flush water from your system.

Can I borrow a question?

alpro2
01-17-2008, 04:35 PM
64 oz??? Good heavens....what are you trying to set a record for going to the potty?

Should I mind my own business? :D

disneydrmr
01-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Yes, what Pogo is trying to say is that he doesn't want you to fall thru that cheap, little Walmart trampoline. :D

:trampo: :medic: :funny:

Why start now? :D

offwego
01-17-2008, 04:51 PM
I believe you need to drink 64 oz of water each day. IF you drink caffeine though you need to increase that as caffeine is a diuretic and will flush water from your system.
So what would say 32 oz of coffee mean I need to drink here? I'm confused.

64 oz??? Good heavens....what are you trying to set a record for going to the potty?

If I drink as much as Diane says I'm going to need a potty in my office..I was only thinking like 32 oz. Wouldn't any health pluses be minused by the overwhelming water weight gain? I mean how much does 64oz of water weigh? (or is an oz a weight cause a litre isn't a weight)

offwego
01-17-2008, 04:53 PM
:trampo: :medic: :funny:

Why start now? :D

So he can either...
a) buy stock in TP companies since apparently you already own some.
b) laugh hilarisly at the image of me running to the potty every 15 minutes like some kind of demented jack rabbit.
c) (my personal fave) save me from this idea so I don't become the "banker in the bathroom"

Now who wants to pick which option?

disneydrmr
01-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Found this for you Nat:

How much water do you need?

Every day you lose water through your breath, perspiration, urine and bowel movements. For your body to function properly, you must replenish its water supply by consuming beverages and foods that contain water.

A couple of approaches attempt to approximate water needs for the average, healthy adult living in a temperate climate.

Replacement approach. The average urine output for adults is 1.5 liters a day. You lose close to an additional liter of water a day through breathing, sweating and bowel movements. Food usually accounts for 20 percent of your total fluid intake, so if you consume 2 liters of water or other beverages a day (a little more than 8 cups) along with your normal diet, you will typically replace the lost fluids.
Dietary recommendations. The Institute of Medicine advises that men consume roughly 3.0 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day and women consume 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day.
Even apart from the above approaches, it is generally the case that if you drink enough fluid so that you rarely feel thirsty and produce between one and two liters of colorless or slightly yellow urine a day, your fluid intake is probably adequate.

Factors that influence water needs

You may need to modify your total fluid intake depending on how active you are, the climate you live in, your health status, and if you're pregnant or breast-feeding.

Exercise. The more you exercise, the more fluid you'll need to keep your body hydrated. An extra 1 or 2 cups of water should suffice for short bouts of exercise, but intense exercise lasting more than an hour (for example, running a marathon) requires additional fluid. How much additional fluid is needed depends on how much you sweat during the exercise, but 13 to26 ounces (or about 2 to 3 cups) an hour will generally be adequate, unless the weather is exceptionally warm.

During long bouts of intense exercise, it's best to use a sports drink that contains sodium, as this will help replace sodium lost in sweat and reduce the chances of developing hyponatremia, which can be life-threatening. Fluid also should be replaced after exercise. Drinking 16 ounces of fluid per pound of body weight lost during exercise is recommended.

Environment. Hot or humid weather can make you sweat and requires additional intake of fluid. Heated indoor air also can cause your skin to lose moisture during wintertime. Further, altitudes greater than 2,500 meters (8,200 feet) may trigger increased urination and more rapid breathing, which use up more of your fluid reserves.
Illnesses or health conditions. Signs of illnesses, such as fever, vomiting and diarrhea, cause your body to lose additional fluids. In these cases you should drink more water and may even need oral rehydration solutions, such as Gatorade, Powerade or Ceralyte. Certain conditions, including bladder infections or urinary tract stones, also require increased water intake. On the other hand, certain conditions such as heart failure and some types of kidney, liver and adrenal diseases may impair excretion of water and even require that you limit your fluid intake.
Pregnancy or breast-feeding. Women who are expecting or breast-feeding need additional fluids to stay hydrated. Large amounts of fluid are lost especially when nursing. The Institute of Medicine recommends that pregnant women drink 2.4 liters (about 10 cups) of fluids daily and women who breast-feed consume 3.0 liters (about 12.5 cups) of fluids a day.

Does that help?

offwego
01-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Does that help?

No cause I still can't figure out how on earth I'm going to drink 4 and then some bottles of darn water a day. Do I get to minus off milk? or the odd glass of juice? Thank goodness I'm not a pop person!

disneydrmr
01-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Gotta run! :bolt: It's finally time to go home! I didn't wanna leave my post count at the number it would have been if I hadn't posted this post. :thedolls:
Have a good evening everyone!

Did I leave my question on the counter?

drummerboy
01-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Her friend has a RV too. Looks like we have the RV version of Hecks Angels. :D
Can't you see about 140 RV's flying down the hiway side by side, halter-top-clad mamas smokin' cigarettes at the wheel, pulling into the cafe and circling it a few times before they all park and get out to terrorize the locals...?

I think the 64 oz. thing is partly taken care of by water that's in a lot of the food we eat and other things we drink. By the way, a gallon of water weighs about 8 lbs. (I had to learn that when I was a park ranger, for reasons that escape me now.)

offwego
01-17-2008, 05:39 PM
I think the 64 oz. thing is partly taken care of by water that's in a lot of the food we eat and other things we drink. By the way, a gallon of water weighs about 8 lbs. (I had to learn that when I was a park ranger, for reasons that escape me now.)

According to Di's long thing it was the amount you need plus what you've eaten!!! YIKES

And how many oz in a gallon? I don't speak very good imperial (aside for heights for whatever reason I think and understand metric unless your baking)

Dsnygirl
01-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Hi guys... got back awhile ago from my friend's house... we watched "Strictly Ballroom" and "Moulin Rouge". Anybody seen them?? I really liked them, but they left me in an odd mood on the way home... I wasn't sure if I should dance, sing or cry!!

John??? Is that really you??? What'd Christine bribe you with????? ;)

Christine, what are you doing logging on under John's account?
Aaahhh... that would explain a few things...

She's doing better now that I talked the OB into some Reglan po ac and hs

Any ideas?
Poor girl... I remember the days of needing Reglan... won't tell you how I took it, though... :secret:

Rebecca is beautiful, so is Holly... but WHERE did you come up with Alex??? :D

I knew I liked you for a reason. So tell me Jym, was it the way I staggered in the Parking Lot of PI?

Oh yes, that must have been very endearing... just what Jym would like his firstborn to live up to.... :thedolls:

Why does the time go so much faster away from work than it does when I'm here?
Age old question... if anybody comes up with the answer, can they please let me know???

'm hoping to find the money in my budget to buy a mini/personal trampoline. Someone told me Walmart has them for around $20 or so.
So then you can :mjump: like Pogo on 15 cups of coffee, right???

Did you REALLY just ask this group about nagging you?? Are you kidding me??? :faint:

Couldn't you have just said "the loo"?? Sounds much better when you read it.... :D

So - what's for dinner?? I spend the better part of my time after I got home on the phone with our mortgage guy, so I am in need of some serious anti-stress, all-about-relaxing, comfort food!! (Actually, the news is good for us, but any financial conversation leaves me wanting to :sick: - no offense, Natalie!! I actually like everything about finances except asking people for $$$ !!!)

offwego
01-17-2008, 05:59 PM
So - what's for dinner?? I spend the better part of my time after I got home on the phone with our mortgage guy, so I am in need of some serious anti-stress, all-about-relaxing, comfort food!! (Actually, the news is good for us, but any financial conversation leaves me wanting to :sick: - no offense, Natalie!! I actually like everything about finances except asking people for $$$ !!!)

You made me laugh right out loud with this one!! What's for dinner and :sick: don't often go together do they?

I'm not sure what you should have but maybe something with mashed potatoes? That always works for me.

And on the "asking for money part"..if your dealing with a lender that's what they sell..it's no different then asking the video store where the movie you want is. In fact if no one asks me for money I'd be in serious trouble. (I look at it from the point of view that most everyone wants what I'm selling...who here doesn't want money?)

The trick is to understand why you should get it.

Beast_fanatic
01-17-2008, 06:03 PM
The chicken soup must have done the trick as I feel much better now. :thumbsup:

According to Di's long thing it was the amount you need plus what you've eaten!!!

I don't think that's what it said: Food usually accounts for 20 percent of your total fluid intake, so if you consume 2 liters of water or other beverages a day (a little more than 8 cups) along with your normal diet, you will typically replace the lost fluids.

If you didn't count the 20% from food, you'd have to drink more than 2 liters per day.

For dinner, we're having this concoction that I got the recipe for out of the recipe thread in the Water Cooler a year or two ago. It's hamburger meat, minestrone soup, ranch-style beans (drained) and Rotel tomatoes and chilis. It takes a bit like chili, but is healthier because of the veggies from the soup.

As long as you're asking for $$$, can you get a little extra for me? :blush:

offwego
01-17-2008, 06:06 PM
I don't think that's what it said: Food usually accounts for 20 percent of your total fluid intake, so if you consume 2 liters of water or other beverages a day (a little more than 8 cups) along with your normal diet, you will typically replace the lost fluids.

If you didn't count the 20% from food, you'd have to drink more than 2 liters per day.:

Yeah but two litres is a lot..it's the 64oz thing (roughly) each cup is 250ML or 8oz so 2 litres is four water bottles worth...which is way more then I drink....

At any rate I'm off for the night. Have fun all! Where do you put the questions when the last person leaves?

alpro2
01-17-2008, 06:49 PM
c) (my personal fave) save me from this idea so I don't become the "banker in the bathroom"

So instead of Banker Babe, you would (affectionately) be known as Bathroom Babe! :D

Can't you see about 140 RV's flying down the hiway side by side, halter-top-clad mamas smokin' cigarettes at the wheel, pulling into the cafe and circling it a few times before they all park and get out to terrorize the locals...?

Catching the early-bird special at Sizzlers. :D

Oh yes, that must have been very endearing... just what Jym would like his firstborn to live up to.... :thedolls:

That's my boy!

Originally Posted by Dsnygirl
Couldn't you have just said "the loo"?? Sounds much better when you read it....

The "loo"???? What is that, Syracuse lingo? :D

pogo
01-17-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm sorry Pogo... did I go too far? You are just too much fun to rib... if I promise not to do it again will you stay around a bit longer? I'm really sorry please forgive me. I couldn't stand it if you were angry with me... please please please forgive me. I'll just die if you don't.
OK... you are forgiven. Have you been watching to many Soap opera's ??? :shake:

Can you just picture Diane slumped in an alley way, OD'd on hagen daz.... glassey eyed out of her witts and the strong smell of butter pecan on her breath ???? :blush:

Yes, what Pogo is trying to say is that he doesn't want you to fall thru that cheap, little Walmart trampoline.
OMG..... I snorted when I read this ! :funny:

So what would say 32 oz of coffee mean I need to drink here? I'm confused.

If I drink as much as Diane says I'm going to need a potty in my office..I was only thinking like 32 oz. Wouldn't any health pluses be minused by the overwhelming water weight gain? I mean how much does 64oz of water weigh? (or is an oz a weight cause a litre isn't a weight)

So he can either...
a) buy stock in TP companies since apparently you already own some.
b) laugh hilarisly at the image of me running to the potty every 15 minutes like some kind of demented jack rabbit.

Now who wants to pick which option?
Hey.... I game for "B" !

Couldn't you have just said "the loo"?? Sounds much better when you read it !

The "loo"???? What is that, Syracuse lingo?
I think she must have picked that up from one of the hick flicks she was watching today. :D

ElenitaB
01-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Hi, everyone! Man... it's taking hours to catch up with you all!

So Ellen, am I invited to visit you in February?
You sure are, but when you have off we'll be sailing. Want to join us on the cruise?

I'm thinking of entering at least the 1/2 marathon next year. Is that a crazy idea or what?
I was actually training for the 1/2 when the :thedolls: decided to visit again (grrrr). I think it's a very cool idea and one of the things I'd LOVE to do.

Yes I missed it as I wasn't there.
You weren't there and you were very much missed. I do have the trivia challenges on my puter. Would you like a copy? :D

Hi Ellen! If you have treatment today ... I hope this helps! :pixie:
You are so sweet for remembering that Thursday is my "fight the :thedolls:" day. This week is my week off. After the day I had yesterday, it's really good to be able to stay at home. My back spasms started immediately after I had an "issue" at work. :(

So, Ellen, does that triangular building have a name? I remember seeing it when DW and I visited NYC a while back.
Do you mean the white building (in the forefront of the pic on the right) that's home to the New Year's ball? It's have several incarnations but I think it was at one point home to the Times.

Ben's got the same thing... :pixie: for you.

I'll also probably hit the food court for lunch.
What did it ever do to you?

Poor girl... I remember the days of needing Reglan... won't tell you how I took it, though...
Let's see, I've gotten Reglan PO but my least favorite was IM where the sun don't shine.

The chicken soup must have done the trick as I feel much better now.
You know what they say about chicken soup, right?

Can you just picture Diane slumped in an alley way, OD'd on hagen daz.... glassey eyed out of her witts and the strong smell of butter pecan on her breath ????
Wouldn't that have been rum raisin?

Doesn't decaf tea count towards water intake? And isn't it really not how much goes in but the color of what comes out that counts to show that you're sufficiently hydrated? (Sorry if that's TMI. :blush:) On that note, I think I need to take my leave. Gotta get to my weekly online support group.

Tink&Goofy
01-17-2008, 08:38 PM
It could be worse.... she could talk John into a DVC package !

:blush: I resemble that remark! (Course I didn't talk him into it, I just did it....)

Sis... I know it's so hard to type when you have laryngitis.... it must even hurt your finger tips to swallow.

Ken - I think you need to widen the thread out a bit... Alex seems to be taking up more room than usual.

Blechy gray and rainy day here, but we sure need the rain.

When I first read this, I thought it said Belchy gray.....:ack:

What's for lunch today?

Mandarin Orange Chicken with Rice. Want some?

:funny:Thanks alot, Alex - you made me spit my rice everywhere!

:yes: (Like that will do any good....)

So whats for dinner? I'm not in the mood to cook, so it may be breakfast - eggs, bacon, etc. If there's any left, I'll save it for whoever wants it in the morning!

Natazu
01-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Jym. When will you find out is it is a prince or a princess?about a month

Boy.... did you just open a can of worms here ! Alex.... Alex ???? :faint: Wait until he reads this. His head will be twice the size it was before !I don't expect a problem. Alex is a mature adult.

Well, maybe not so much

I'll have to :zipped: and be diplomatic at lunch today. As governmental affairs VP of our Chamber, I'm hosting our semi-annual governmental luncheon. The county, most towns in our end of the county, local state rep. and congressionsal rep. will have somebody there, so let's see how long it takes me to :oops:. Think I could regale them with JQ stories?The DNC doesn't allow me to come to private functions anymore.

I love your names. Remember that it is your child and it is nobody elses business what you name him/her. Personally, I like Charles (Charley)for a boy and Greer for a girl.... I can not have any more children, so they are yours for the taking! Greer. That's pretty cool. I'll have my people look into that.

Poor girl... I remember the days of needing Reglan... won't tell you how I took it, though... :secret:

Rebecca is beautiful, so is Holly... but WHERE did you come up with Alex??? :D
I've always liked it as a boy's name, well 'til I met SOME people.
The scary part is, I was thinking about Maria for a girl. We have several in the family.

Any more ideas? I'll accept submissions via email and donations through paypal.

Dsnygirl
01-17-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm not sure what you should have but maybe something with mashed potatoes? That always works for me.

Funny.... Dan had au gratin potatoes and a grilled sandwich... the girls and I just had waffles with syrup and whipped cream!! :D :tasty:

As long as you're asking for $$$, can you get a little extra for me?
Sure!! What are friends for??? :spend:

The "loo"???? What is that, Syracuse lingo?

I think she must have picked that up from one of the hick flicks she was watching today.
Syracuse lingo?? Hick flicks???? Hoo boy, wait 'til Mikki reads those two... silly boys... don't you know anything about the "English" language???
(And did you mean to say "chick flicks"??? Because maybe the first one was, but "Moulin Rouge"??? Not so much...)

Let's see, I've gotten Reglan PO but my least favorite was IM where the sun don't shine.

:stop:

So whats for dinner? I'm not in the mood to cook, so it may be breakfast - eggs, bacon, etc. If there's any left, I'll save it for whoever wants it in the morning!
Great minds think alike... did you see we had waffles?? I do have some leftover, too, if anyone would like any... unfort., they're not :mickey: ones, though... :(

Dsnygirl
01-17-2008, 10:07 PM
I don't expect a problem. Alex is a mature adult.

:eek: :jaw: :eyes: :rotfl: :funny: :faint:

Isn't there a question in there somewhere??? ;)

Beast_fanatic
01-17-2008, 10:42 PM
Brrr! :freeze: Did I mention that it's gotten a lot colder here? :freeze:

Natazu
01-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Brrr! :freeze: Did I mention that it's gotten a lot colder here? :freeze:
He'll survive.

I heard it's been really chilly in your parts. You need some sweaters?

pogo
01-17-2008, 11:14 PM
:eek: :jaw: :eyes: :rotfl: :funny: :faint:

Isn't there a question in there somewhere???
You made this post just so you could use all these smilies, didn't you ??? :D

Brrr! Did I mention that it's gotten a lot colder here? No you didn't.... how cold is it ?? :confused:

pogo
01-17-2008, 11:17 PM
He'll survive.

I heard it's been really chilly in your parts. You need some sweaters?

I do ! Can we have Shari embroider one for us ?:D

Beast_fanatic
01-17-2008, 11:25 PM
No you didn't.... how cold is it ?? :confused:

Today's high was 42. I know that's balmy for some of you, but it's been in the 60's here recently, so it's quite a change. And now I'm waiting for the weather report to see why they keep saying the words "winter mix".

Did you get that extra money for me yet, Blythe? I may need it to pay my heating bill!

mouseaddict
01-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Hi All..I have not been here for a while but thoroughly enjoyed getting caught up. Wow..there sure are some busy people on JQ. Jym, congrats on the wonderful news..will we get a top 7 names list???
Rebecca is my daughter's middle name...Mackenzie Rebecca (DS quickly changed all of that to Kenzie Becca).
BTW, Just baked a batch of Canadian Open Oatmeal cookies (for real!) anyone interested?

Tink&Goofy
01-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Today's high was 42. I know that's balmy for some of you, but it's been in the 60's here recently, so it's quite a change. And now I'm waiting for the weather report to see why they keep saying the words "winter mix".

Its been chilly here too. We have had freezing fog for the last 3 mornings, and slip sliding down our hill is getting old. Don't you think if its going to be this cold, it might as well just snow? :D

pogo
01-17-2008, 11:36 PM
Winter mix can not be good. And that is cold for you. Are you snuggling up to your DH for warmth ??

Hi All..I have not been here for a while but thoroughly enjoyed getting caught up. Wow..there sure are some busy people on JQ. Jym, congrats on the wonderful news..will we get a top 7 names list???
Rebecca is my daughter's middle name...Mackenzie Rebecca (DS quickly changed all of that to Kenzie Becca).
BTW, Just baked a batch of Canadian Open Oatmeal cookies (for real!) anyone interested?Oh yea.... Jym has been real busy !

Glad to see you back. No cookies for me... it's bedtime. :blush:

Its been chilly here too. We have had freezing fog for the last 3 mornings, and slip sliding down our hill is getting old. Don't you think if its going to be this cold, it might as well just snow? :D

It might as well ! As long as it's on the west coast and not on the north coast. :D

Tink&Goofy
01-17-2008, 11:39 PM
It might as well ! As long as it's on the west coast and not on the north coast. :D

But what about the Northwest coast???

Beast_fanatic
01-18-2008, 12:04 AM
Winter mix can not be good. And that is cold for you. Are you snuggling up to your DH for warmth ??

Well, he's in bed, and I'm in the office, so nope, not right now. Besides, he doesn't like it when I put my cold hands on him. :freeze:

Is anyone excited that tomorrow is Friday?

mouseaddict
01-18-2008, 12:23 AM
Not excited for Friday..I work the weekend....I have taken the charge position and have discovered that I REALLY hate paperwork. Between chart audits and CHF audits and handwashing audits and ....ready for this one....bowel movement audits!!!! I never get to do patient care anymore...does wanting a demotion make me a bad person????

Natazu
01-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Not excited for Friday..I work the weekend....I have taken the charge position and have discovered that I REALLY hate paperwork. Between chart audits and CHF audits and handwashing audits and ....ready for this one....bowel movement audits!!!! I never get to do patient care anymore...does wanting a demotion make me a bad person????
That's most of the reason I'm not a nurse anymore. Having to chart that home care patients were sicker than the actually were so Medicare would continue to pay for their skilled visits was the last straw.

Jym's a nurse? Yes. Scary huh.

mouseaddict
01-18-2008, 01:35 AM
That's most of the reason I'm not a nurse anymore. Having to chart that home care patients were sicker than the actually were so Medicare would continue to pay for their skilled visits was the last straw.

WOW..I knew it..only a nurse could have the dry sense of humor that you have!

I am just glad to see that I am not the only one who does not like the "tweaking" of the numbers etc.

So..are we going to have a JQ baby shower?

pogo
01-18-2008, 07:06 AM
Good morning all (and just for Miss Hagen das) Happy Friday ! Just eight more hours of work until you can have two days off to do whatever makes your heart happy !

The coffee's on so let's get this day started !

But what about the Northwest coast???
Yep... you can have it too ! :D

Well, he's in bed, and I'm in the office, so nope, not right now. Besides, he doesn't like it when I put my cold hands on him. :freeze:

Is anyone excited that tomorrow is Friday?Then I say... warm them up first. ;)

Do you think it's wrong to like Mondays better then Friday ? :confused:

Way too much information ! :shake:

:faint:

disneydrmr
01-18-2008, 08:36 AM
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!

Did you get that extra money for me yet, Blythe? I may need it to pay my heating bill!

42? Your high was 42? Balmy? Nah - that's downright warm!!! We are in the 20s.. and this weekend.. the highs will only be around 10 or so - with NEGATIVE windchill factor... :freeze:

My heating bill for last month was $200 (we have a one story ranch - and keep the temp set at 65!) I'm dreading my next one with this big cold snap.

Is anyone excited that tomorrow is Friday?

:here: :clappy: :yay:

Good morning all (and just for Miss Hagen das) Happy Friday ! Just eight more hours of work until you can have two days off to do whatever makes your heart happy !

Do you think it's wrong to like Mondays better then Friday ?

Actually my work day is 9 hours. From 8 until 5pm...Happy Friday to you too!

Is it wrong to like Mondays better than Fridays? No - not wrong... but definitly strange and weird! But.. this is Pogo we are talking about! :fresh:

alpro2
01-18-2008, 08:39 AM

:funny:Thanks alot, Alex - you made me spit my rice everywhere!

:yes: (Like that will do any good....)

Just a tad giddy last night. Get out much? :D

I've always liked it (Alex) as a boy's name, well 'til I met SOME people.
The scary part is, I was thinking about Maria for a girl. We have several in the family.

I feel a hug coming on......"love ya' man (sniff)" :grouphug:

Syracuse lingo?? Hick flicks???? Hoo boy, wait 'til Mikki reads those two... silly boys... don't you know anything about the "English" language???

Well, we don't live in England, do we?

Mickey'sGirl
01-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Hi guys... got back awhile ago from my friend's house... we watched "Strictly Ballroom" and "Moulin Rouge". Anybody seen them??Moulin Rouge is a favourite of mine -- Any guesses why? I love the Elephant Song....

BTW, Just baked a batch of Canadian Open Oatmeal cookies (for real!) anyone interested?:hi: Hey Michelle! Nice to see you! I'll have one please!

So..are we going to have a JQ baby shower?How about at the Grand Floridian in the Tea Room?

My heating bill for last month was $200 (we have a one story ranch - and keep the temp set at 65!) I'm dreading my next one with this big cold snap.
:hi: Di! Have you put in a programmable thermostat? One will save you $$ for sure. I hope you stay warm. Do you have gas or do you heat with oil? Maybe Alex or Pogo can help you with the gas... :D

drummerboy
01-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Hi All..I have not been here for a while but thoroughly enjoyed getting caught up.
Good to see you again. Hope you didn't get too much eye strain catching up.

Good for you.

My heating bill for last month was $200 (we have a one story ranch - and keep the temp set at 65!)
We should be so luck as to have an electric bill as low as $200 in the winter here (even with moderate temps that we have). It's supposed to go into the low twenties for the next two or three nights, and that really racks up the bills when you have nothing but heat pumps.

Is it Friday already? Wow.

Oh, the luncheon went well yesterday. I even remembered most of their names.

Dsnygirl
01-18-2008, 08:52 AM
You made this post just so you could use all these smilies, didn't you ???

You know me too well... that was highly enjoyable!! (I need a little bit more excitement in my life, I'm thinking.... :blush:)

BTW, Just baked a batch of Canadian Open Oatmeal cookies (for real!) anyone interested?
Absolutely!! Glad to see you (and your cookies) back around here!!

Don't you think if its going to be this cold, it might as well just snow?
Amen sister!! We aren't looking at much snow around here, either, as it's supposed to be arctic cold this weekend... I don't think we're supposed to get above 6 on Sunday. :freeze: Hopefully nobody will light themselves on fire again to keep warm... :blush:

Oh yea.... Jym has been real busy !

So!! Another nurse -- yeah!! I think I remember that about you from earlier posts... just be careful... there are lots of "sick" folks around here to take care of!! :D

I here you on the audits and paperwork... it's one of the reasons I don't do charge!! I can't believe the stuff they monitor!!

You know, I had a funny feeling when I heard your schedule last fall... glad to know you're one of the good guys!! :yes: Plus, you pretty much gave it away with your po, ac and hs comment!!

Just eight more hours of work until you can have two days off to do whatever makes your heart happy !

Do you think it's wrong to like Mondays better then Friday ?
Sigh... I'm the reverse this weekend... only 14 more hours of freedom and then 3 more nights of work...

No, Neighbor, not wrong... just twisted... :D

Well, we don't live in England, do we?
We don't??? :blush:

offwego
01-18-2008, 08:54 AM
You weren't there and you were very much missed. I do have the trivia challenges on my puter. Would you like a copy?
Doesn't decaf tea count towards water intake? And isn't it really not how much goes in but the color of what comes out that counts to show that you're sufficiently hydrated? (Sorry if that's TMI. :blush:) On that note, I think I need to take my leave. Gotta get to my weekly online support group. We aren't your support group? I would like the trivia thing please and thanks!

And I think non caf tea counts as it's the caffine that's the directic but I just don't know.

Long time no see...and you may have hit a new TMI threshold there. (Or if not if charts of that stuff are okay how come everyone gets all freaked by EBIDTA?)

Dsnygirl
01-18-2008, 08:58 AM
Moulin Rouge is a favourite of mine -- Any guesses why? I love the Elephant Song....

I thought that song was lovely... and I also liked the song/dance they did when Satine was going to go to the Duke near the end... I have no idea what it was called, though... and somebody should have warned me about the ending!! Granted, I saw it coming - but still - :(

...and that really racks up the bills when you have nothing but heat pumps.

Oh, the luncheon went well yesterday. I even remembered most of their names.
What are heat pumps??

And you didn't even have to :zipped:???

Okay guys, I'm off to look at a house and drive around checking out some land... seems our lives will be a little chaotic here the next few months. :crazy: See you later!!