PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions: Be It Hereby Resolved...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Christine
01-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Anyone wanna see some pictures? Go to the Trip Reports forum!!

Dsnygirl
01-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Even though our closing date is March 3 for the house, they say we are to pay rent until the 31 of March. Okay, I can except that, but they also said because we are moving they no longer have to give us 24 hours notice if they want to enter the apartment. That upsets me. If I'm at work they can enter the apartment. If we know they are coming in, we hide the laptop and other valuables. Now we won't be able to. We also prepare the cat..make a place for him so he'll feel comfortable, now that's gone. They could of cared less when we told them we have a cat and don't want him to get out.."we'll TRY to keep an eye out for him." Try, yeah, right. GRRRRRR...:mad:
I can't help but believe that this is illegal in some way - I don't know about Canadian rental rules, and we'd been out of the market for so long until now.... but any place we've ever rented, including this house, states in the paperwork that unless it is the day you are moving in or moving out, you have the right to 24hr. notice to allow management in. Is there some kind of loophole they're sneaking through? And why would they care to take that away, anyway?? What are they expecting to look for and/or be able to find from an exiting tennant, unless it's something that can hurt the exit agreement? Sounds fishy to me.... I can't blame you for being :mad:!!

Hello people!
I think I'm finally getting things up and running at home...got all the suitcases unpacked and put up, have only one or two loads of :laundry: left, I did some light :cart: yesterday, washed the car, and got all the Christmas decor put away. All that AND I worked this morning :faint:

Today I need to clean the house desparately! How is it possible that a fake tree sheds "needles" too?

I hope you guys are all doing well. I haven't read back much...just thought I'd jump right in!

It's good to be back in JQ...I missed you guys!
Hey Christine, good to see you back!! We've missed you, too!! :hug: How's the housecleaning coming? I'm still procrastinating on the tree...

Can you believe, we're even passing on the cookies for now? How will anyone bribe me?
How about sugar-free ones?? Not the yucky kind at the super-market, but good, homemade ones made with Splenda, or something similar. Would that work??? :D

Christine
01-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Hey Christine, good to see you back!! We've missed you, too!! :hug: How's the housecleaning coming? I'm still procrastinating on the tree...

Not so good...( I guess you knew that as I'm STILL here! :blush:)

Why can't mousekeeping come do it???

drummerboy
01-06-2008, 03:34 PM
How about sugar-free ones?? Not the yucky kind at the super-market, but good, homemade ones made with Splenda, or something similar. Would that work??? :D
You have my attention... :D

Well, I tried to make another small dent in the mess in my workshop, but didn't get very far. Much more fun to be playing in JQland. Did anybody see where the weekend went?

Caroleh
01-06-2008, 04:24 PM
It's good to be back in JQ...I missed you guys!:grouphug:

We've missed you too!!! Welcome back to an even more insane place!!!

Is there some kind of loophole they're sneaking through? And why would they care to take that away, anyway?? What are they expecting to look for and/or be able to find from an exiting tennant, unless it's something that can hurt the exit agreement? Sounds fishy to me.... I can't blame you for being :mad:!!

It's a loophole that they have. Since we moved in, somewhere along the line they became gov't subsidized, so for renters leaving they don't have to give us 24 hours if they want to show the place. Did they let us know that they were allowing this place to become a low income place? Of course not. I think somewhere along the line they should have told us. At least that explains the assault teams here. Gilles said the laptops are going to work with us everyday. I have a large baseball card collection that is going to be stored in the trunk of my car, unfortunately, there's no other place to keep it. What makes this so bad, is we know that riff raff(not only potential tenants, but management also) will be entering our apartment for the next few months.

Do you think Mittens will mind if I don't change his litter to keep people out of here? (I won't do it, but it sounds like a good plan!!!):D

We went to the house today...it's all drywalled, it has a bathtub. It's looking really good!!! We talked to the salespeople to see if it was going to be done in time...everything is on schedule!!! Since we're paying rent until the 31 of March, we're going to move the small stuff ourselves and the bigger stuff by the end of the month. Since we're getting new furniture, we'll have it put into the house as we buy it and start living there as soon as the furniture arrives.

pjbs35a
01-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Anyone wanna see some pictures? Go to the Trip Reports forum!!

Thanks for the photos and the reports.

How's the weather in Texas ??? What do I have to look forward to next week ???

Beast_fanatic
01-06-2008, 09:21 PM
You're coming to Texas, Frankie? Where at? You know, it's a big state so the weather may vary by location. It's been lovely here the last couple of days with highs in the 70's. It's supposed to be similar tomorrow with a slight chance of storms, and then drop into the 60's for highs the rest of the week.

Tink&Goofy
01-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Evenin y'all!! Sure were quiet today, weren't ya?

You could get the very good 5 quart Heavy Duty Kitchenaid on sale for $250 (a very very very good price). I got my 6 quart for $500 (on sale from $700). They have an on-line shop if you Google their name. Fantastic prices.
But that would mean I have to cook! My DH knows me better than that, and would NEVER give me anything like that. My mom gave me a crockpot for Christmas - and DH thought that was the funniest thing! :D

How's everyone doing this Sunday afternoon? We're footloose and flame-free so far... :D
:shake: Its an epidemic...

Hello people!

It's good to be back in JQ...I missed you guys!:grouphug:
Welcome back!! We missed you too! So, Christine, tell me honestly, would you ever do WDW again the week between Christmas and New Years??

Well the tree is down, and outside. Ornaments are packed. Still some Christmas decor out, but I hate to pull it down all at once - everything seems so dull and plain without it! I always hate when it all goes away.
So anyone around this evening??

pjbs35a
01-06-2008, 10:15 PM
I was asking about the weather because we get sort of the same weather as Texas, only a few days later.

But I am going to Grand Prairie the week after next.

Did I mention I saw Cinderella's Carriage in my neighborhood today ??? Apparently there is a company here in town that rents the Carriage complete with Cinderella for children's' birthday parties and rides the kids around the block. That is until Disney gets wind of what's going on and shuts them down.

ElenitaB
01-06-2008, 11:24 PM
I've been to Smoky Bones when I was in Long Island last - YUM! If we meet at Smoky Bones, who could make it the beginning of February??

I'd never heard of Smoky Bones either, but its fantastic BBQ. IF I get to go, the work portion would be Feb 4-9 (M-F). Normally its noon monday to noon Friday, however, since I come from so far away, there is no way to get there in only 1/2 day travel. So I am usually allowed whatever works, which includes traveling on Sunday and then on Saturday, etc. So I would see what works for everyone. I am willing to stay another day on my own tab, if I get to meet you all!! :D Guess I need to first see if I am going!
So you're going to be out in Suffolk County? Do you fly into Islip? Have you investigated if a Saturday night stay actually would lower your total airfare? You might be able to pitch that to them, if you really want to stay the extra night. And yes, I'd be willing to make the trek out to see you, and I think Bethany would come along. And the restaurant doesn't sound half bad either. :eat:

30 days until PirateGal and I fist DVC stay, and I just can't wait. I'm just wondering if I ought to change one of my days off so I don't have to worry about going in early on Friday. I wonder if it's early enough to request for that week anyway for Thursday and Friday off instead of my usual days off? hmmm
How long are you staying there, Sandy? What resort are you staying at? We'll be there in 36 days. :D

If I knew you wanted dress forms I would of sent you mine. I bought it used from my old manager and it sits around here collecting dust or rather holding unfinished clothing.
Ken, my mom has one that's gathering dust as well. Would you like it for your DD? I could get it to you the next time you're in Joisey.

Plus, if I buy it today, that'll mean I'll have to pack it back up. The less I have to pack the better off it'll be!!
Carol, you have it all wrong! You buy it now and don't unpack it. Just move the new box right in! ;)

How's everyone doing this Sunday afternoon? We're footloose and flame-free so far... :D ...probably taking the tree down and watching some football... and Julia got a crystal growing kit for Christmas, so she's all about that today. We started two yesterday - a "pink quartz" and a "frosty diamond". The pink quartz hasn't grown a lot yet, but the frosty diamonds are pretty cool!!
We had a nice afternoon in the company of other INTERCOTees and even some JQers! :D You can find a link to a pic on the NYC meet thread.

You guys are growing diamonds! Cool! :thumbsup: Can I get two 1-carat ones? I'd like earrings. Ben got a Venus flytrap plant for his birthday. Just doesn't grab the imagination in the same way though, does it?

Did anybody see where the weekend went?
I'd say it went up in flames, but I might get rotten apples thrown my way. ;)

Happy trails, Frankie! (Rhonda, Christine... let us know if anything unusual happens the next few days.)

Dsnygirl
01-06-2008, 11:25 PM
I haven't read back much...just thought I'd jump right in!
You might want to read back just a little... small thing at my house yesterday.... Emma was on fire....:flame: (no, I'm not kidding, yes, my heart is still racing... :blush:) Can't let you have all the fun!! :D

Did anybody see where the weekend went?
Must've been that thing that flew by my house earlier... pretty much missed it, myself...

We went to the house today...it's all drywalled, it has a bathtub. It's looking really good!!! We talked to the salespeople to see if it was going to be done in time...everything is on schedule!!!
yeah!! That's great news!!

:shake: Its an epidemic...

Sorry... :blush: ... if I didn't laugh about it, I'd still be crying.... ;)

Well, I managed to procrastinate long enough on the tree that it's still standing and has received a stay of execution until at least Friday... I just couldn't bring myself to do it. So instead, we just did stuff around the house together and relaxed... probably one of our first quiet, relaxing weekends at home in quite awhile!! :thumbsup:

What's everyone got going on this week -- anything good?? (and who has the coffee in the am??? I'm going to need a major cuppa....)

Christine
01-06-2008, 11:34 PM
You might want to read back just a little... small thing at my house yesterday.... Emma was on fire....:flame: (no, I'm not kidding, yes, my heart is still racing... :blush:) Can't let you have all the fun!! :D

Wow! I went back and saw that! Thank goodness the sweater was the only thing injured!

I got my laundry done. The housecleaning did not get done. I guess there's always tomorrow!

Well, goodnight all. Does anyone want to join me for a bacon egg and cheese taquito at Whataburger tomorrow morning?

BronxTigger
01-06-2008, 11:35 PM
So you're going to be out in Suffolk County? Do you fly into Islip? Have you investigated if a Saturday night stay actually would lower your total airfare? You might be able to pitch that to them, if you really want to stay the extra night. And yes, I'd be willing to make the trek out to see you, and I think Bethany would come along. And the restaurant doesn't sound half bad either. :eat:

I was talking with Ellen about this earlier. If you can stay until Saturday evening I could make it out for a late dinner on Friday or lunch or dinner on Saturday. The whole idea is that it can't be dinner on a weeknight. I need to be able to spend the night at Ellen's place.

So...is a JQ meet in early December really a true possibility or just a lot of hot air? I'm determined to go for a weekend (in value season...before December 18!) if it's really going to happen.

drummerboy
01-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Well, goodnight all. Does anyone want to join me for a bacon egg and cheese taquito at Whataburger tomorrow morning?
Holy cow, I haven't seen a Whataburger in ages.

Everybody ready for the full work week?

BronxTigger
01-07-2008, 12:16 AM
Holy cow, I haven't seen a Whataburger in ages.

No. Are you?

trackbarroness
01-07-2008, 05:37 AM
PirateGal aka Mom and I are staying at Saratoga Springs from the 6 through the 8 of next month. But I'll still be around the area at the Stitch complex that is. :D Lolol
Looks like we'll miss staying at the same time.
Has anyone stayed at Vero Beach yet? We're thinking of actually staying there some time down the road. So what ya'll think about that eh? And no I'm not from north of the border, just a habbit I picked up from some where. Next weekend I'm going to be working some mega hours. Anyone coming down for the marathon? :cool:

disneydeb
01-07-2008, 06:34 AM
I only slept about 30 min. last night. I guess I was anxious about going back to school today. Gage didn't sleep well either. Oh well, here I go to the shower.... Why can't I think of a question?

pogo
01-07-2008, 07:18 AM
What's everyone got going on this week -- anything good??
It's all good. :thumbsup: We finally have a full work week ! Time to make some money. :D

ISo...is a JQ meet in early December really a true possibility or just a lot of hot air? I'm determined to go for a weekend (in value season...before December 18!) if it's really going to happen.We've also talked about a meet at Darien Lake this summer with a trip to Niagara Falls. (Ken.... Darien Lake has a nice place for you to park your RV ) :D

I'd say a December WDW meet is a very strong possibility, at this time. How about you and Dan, Blythe ? Also Cindy, Christine, Rhonda and Mikki showed some interest.

Yes ! :thumbsup:

. Next weekend I'm going to be working some mega hours. Anyone coming down for the marathon? Not me..... sorry. :(

I only slept about 30 min. last night. I guess I was anxious about going back to school today. Gage didn't sleep well either. Oh well, here I go to the shower.... Why can't I think of a question? Could it be old age creeping in, Sis ? :D

Caroleh
01-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Carol, you have it all wrong! You buy it now and don't unpack it. Just move the new box right in! ;)

But Alex wanted me to bake goodies for him!!! I'd still have to move it. With our new plans for the move, we'll be slowly move in. I'm hoping we'll be living in the new house by the middle of March.

I'm ready for the week...it's not much different from the couple of weeks. My bigger question is, how many healthy staff members do I have? 3 were sick on Friday. I might be running the store myself!!!

alpro2
01-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Would love to, but Christine's morning is 12:00 PM my time. :D What is a taquito?

disneydrmr
01-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Good morning everyone!

Christine - so good to see you back! You had us so worried!

Jenn - Congrats on the new mixer purchase! I vote that Jenn is now our full time cookie supplier! :D

Blythe - how's Emma? How are you and Dan? I know that would give me nightmares. Hope all your heart rates have settled back into normal range.

Carol - hope you have some company at work. Maybe you can just close up shop and put a sign on the door? "Sorry - closed due to illness"... I know I've seen several small businesses do that on occassion.

Ken - (please cover Pogo's ears and eyes...) I'm ready for this full work week to be over!

Deb - hope you manage to stay awake in your class today!

If I missed anyone/anything important I'm sorry.

Hugs to all of you! Have I told you all how much I appreciate and love you guys? :hug:

disneydrmr
01-07-2008, 08:25 AM
What is a taquito?

A taquito (from the Spanish diminutive of taco) is often considered a Mexican dish consisting of a small rolled-up tortilla and some sort of filling, usually beef or chicken. They are also called Rolled Tacos and are more recognized that way in Northern Mexico and Southern California.

There are many varieties of taquitos in different regions. Taquitos most often contain beef or chicken, and sometimes include cheese, pork, potato, or vegetables. They are generally thin and tend to be about six inches long.

Taquitos are very popular as a frozen food. They are also sold by 7-Eleven and QuikTrip convenience stores in a variety of flavors, as well as established restaurants such as Chico's Tacos. Taco Bell began to sell steak and chicken taquitos in 2006.

Crispy fried taquitos sold in Mexico are often called tacos dorados ("fried tacos") or flautas ("flutes"). Flautas are cooked using corn or flour tortillas. These may be covered by cabbage, cream, guacamole, green chile sauce and crumbled Mexican cheese such as queso fresco. Chorizo (sausage), or machacado (dried beef), etc.

Did that answer your question? :D

Mickey'sGirl
01-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Ben got a Venus flytrap plant for his birthday. Just doesn't grab the imagination in the same way though, does it?What is it with boys and the Venus flytrap???? Harry gets one every year ... and actually for his birthday, Euan bought him a whole terrerium full of carnivorous plants....

Does anyone want to join me for a bacon egg and cheese taquito at Whataburger tomorrow morning?

Would love to, but Christine's morning is 12:00 PM my time. :D What is a taquito?
I was going to say... I'd love to as it sounds sufficiently mexican .... I think Alex's question should be What is "Whataburger"?

I only slept about 30 min. last night. I guess I was anxious about going back to school today. You sound like poor Harry -- I hope you both make it through the day! :hug:

Jenn - Congrats on the new mixer purchase! I vote that Jenn is now our full time cookie supplier! :D
From you... I take special requests. What will it be ? (without nuts of course :D)

disneydrmr
01-07-2008, 08:52 AM
From you... I take special requests. What will it be ? (without nuts of course :D)

Hmmmm.... I'm trying to be more easy going this year.. so surprise me! Right now ANY kind of cookie sounds pretty good! (as long as it has some chocolate in it! :D)

I still have some Chocolate Cheese Fudge left - does anyone want some of that?

Christine
01-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Hey, I'm up, I'm up! (only b/c I have an appt. this morning! ;) )
Taquitos are what Di said, but I say they're just yummy! Bacon, egg, and cheese wrapped in a warm soft tortilla...mmmmmmm :tasty:

I think Alex's question should be What is "Whataburger"?

Whataburger is a chain of burger joints. Everything is made fresh to order, so it's not exactly FAST fast food, but it falls under the fast food category. It's also a bit pricier than other chains. I don't care for their burgers much, but John swears by their Whataburger with cheese and jalapenos!

Good morning everyone!

Christine - so good to see you back! You had us so worried!

Good morning Di! I'm fine...don't worry!

Well, you guys have a good one...I'll check up on you later. My to do list is a mile long today. Welcome back to the grind, right? :rolleyes:

mtown71
01-07-2008, 09:32 AM
:hi: I finally found a chance to zwoop in & say hi to all! I am sorry I haven't been on here in quite a while. Too much going on. I am sure I have missed a lot of craziness, huh? Does anyone even remember me???? :blush::scratch:

alpro2
01-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Whataburger is a chain of burger joints. Everything is made fresh to order, so it's not exactly FAST fast food, but it falls under the fast food category. It's also a bit pricier than other chains. I don't care for their burgers much, but John swears by their Whataburger with cheese and jalapenos!

So, you get Mexican at a burger joint? Where would I get a burger, Taco Bell?

:hi: I finally found a chance to zwoop in & say hi to all! I am sorry I haven't been on here in quite a while. Too much going on. I am sure I have missed a lot of craziness, huh? Does anyone even remember me???? :blush::scratch:
Yeah, yeah......did you bring any buckeyes? :D

Dsnygirl
01-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Good morning all!! It is 57 degrees outside, can you believe it??? (hush, all you from the South.... :razz:) I've got windows and doors open to let some fresh air in and hopefully all the germs out... it feels great!! Perfect way to start the week... now if only it was 57 outside because it was April.... (hush, Pogo.... :D)

A whatawhoo??

So...is a JQ meet in early December really a true possibility or just a lot of hot air? I'm determined to go for a weekend (in value season...before December 18!) if it's really going to happen.
Unless somebody locks me in a trunk in my house, I'll be in Disney in December... our dates fall before the 18th, and we'll definitely be there over a weekend!! We just probably won't make any firm dates/reservations until we have to (i.e. whenever the MVMCP tickets come out, 180 day ADR's, etc.) We want to be sure we're hitting some $$ goals first. (But I can tell you most assuredly - we'll hit them, if I have to bring my sleeping bag to work and live there.... ;))

No.... I'm not really looking forward to my schedule this week. But - I also know it'll go by fast, so that's good...

Why can't I think of a question?
No coffee yet??

We've also talked about a meet at Darien Lake this summer with a trip to Niagara Falls.

I'd say a December WDW meet is a very strong possibility, at this time. How about you and Dan, Blythe ? Also Cindy, Christine, Rhonda and Mikki showed some interest.

We'd be up for a Darien Lake meet... and yes to the December question... see the post above for details. :D

Blythe - how's Emma? How are you and Dan? I know that would give me nightmares. Hope all your heart rates have settled back into normal range.

Hugs to all of you! Have I told you all how much I appreciate and love you guys?
Emma's fine, thanks! I think we've all gotten over it and have settled into our peaceful place again.
:hug:'s right back to you -- I hope you have a great day today!!

My to do list is a mile long today. Welcome back to the grind, right?
Mine, too -- but I'm whittling my way through it, and treating myself to a few minutes here as I'm getting stuff done!!

I finally found a chance to zwoop in & say hi to all! I am sorry I haven't been on here in quite a while. Too much going on. I am sure I have missed a lot of craziness, huh? Does anyone even remember me????
Hi Deb!!! Welcome home!! Of course we remember you -- and it's so good to see you (and Koda) back around here!! How are you feeling??

offwego
01-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Holy smokes Blythe you and Dan sure know how to heat up a weekend!!

Any coffee yet?

I'm 80% of the way to talking the DH into a dec trip (6th to the 14th ish I think) but it's still fluid.

Has anyone here stayed at Pop? We are thinking of going pretty cheap but the they guys are still leaning towards riverside.

Mickey'sGirl
01-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Has anyone here stayed at Pop? We are thinking of going pretty cheap but the they guys are still leaning towards riverside.We did in 2006 and I would definitely stay at an All Star before staying there again (actually we are in March :D). It is just too big and noisy. Have you stayed at an All Star?

mtown71
01-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Yeah, yeah......did you bring any buckeyes? :D
Hmmmm....maybe I did & maybe I didn't....what's it to ya???

Hi Deb!!! Welcome home!! Of course we remember you -- and it's so good to see you (and Koda) back around here!! How are you feeling??

I've been o.k....thanks for asking. Still dealing with some issues. I'm more worried about my dog now. He is dealing with something that the vet can't figure out. They think it is his back.

Mickey'sGirl
01-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Hmmmm....maybe I did & maybe I didn't....what's it to ya???

I've been o.k....thanks for asking. Still dealing with some issues. I'm more worried about my dog now. He is dealing with something that the vet can't figure out. They think it is his back.
Hey Deb...some things never change, eh?

Sorry about your doggie. I hope they figure it out :pixie: .

offwego
01-07-2008, 10:57 AM
We did in 2006 and I would definitely stay at an All Star before staying there again (actually we are in March :D). It is just too big and noisy. Have you stayed at an All Star?

Yes we have movies & sports. I was thinking Pop for the one bus thing but perhaps no then? Or just less books and save up for the mod then?

Mickey'sGirl
01-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Yes we have movies & sports. I was thinking Pop for the one bus thing but perhaps no then? Or just less books and save up for the mod then?
Never less reading material!!! Edit that quick and nobody will ever be the wiser!

I guess the buses aren't an issue because we usually drive everywhere... but honestly when we were booking these couple of nights in March, we considered all of our options (the Contemporary which I wanted was just too expensive -- I was looking for MK access during crowds) and I couldn't justify the difference for the Mods even. If we were staying longer, I am sure I could, but I couldn't for three park intensive days. We have really been happy with our recent stays at the All Star Sports (liked it far more than the Wilderness Lodge!). We are staying at the Movies for 2 reasons...
1) We never have before
and
2) There is a Fantasia Building (which we have requested) and a certain almost 4 year old boy has a mild obsession with a certain Mouse whilst he is sporting a certain bule Sorcerer's hat..... :smickey:
Did I fit a question in there anywhere?

Dsnygirl
01-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Holy smokes Blythe you and Dan sure know how to heat up a weekend!!

I'm 80% of the way to talking the DH into a dec trip (6th to the 14th ish I think) but it's still fluid.

Maybe that's why it's so warm around here today... :blush:

That'd be great!! We won't have a clue where we're staying until the deals come out in August, but I'm going to book at CBR and hope and pray and :fingers: that there are deals there!! If not, we'll happily move over to ASSp or ASMo. We liked it there in October!

I'm more worried about my dog now. He is dealing with something that the vet can't figure out. They think it is his back.
Sending some :dog: :pixie: your pup's way... sorry to hear he's not okay!

Anybody having anything good for lunch, or do I have to come up with my own ideas??

offwego
01-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Never less reading material!!! 2) There is a Fantasia Building (which we have requested) and a certain almost 4 year old boy has a mild obsession with a certain Mouse whilst he is sporting a certain bule Sorcerer's hat..... :smickey:
Did I fit a question in there anywhere?
The pool should help either way then no? And theres always the good old libarary for books. Much cheaper!

That'd be great!! We won't have a clue where we're staying until the deals come out in August, but I'm going to book at CBR and hope and pray and :fingers: that there are deals there!! If not, we'll happily move over to ASSp or ASMo. We liked it there in October!
Anybody having anything good for lunch, or do I have to come up with my own ideas??

I have a pretty lame looking sandwich. (DS was grumpy this morning) and I'm not a huge CBR fan so it won't be there unless a deal makes that the only option. I'm hoping to see Riverside come up..but am now leaning movies way if not. (the guys like it better at any rate & I trust Jenn on pop).

You know we have never had a car of our own at WDW? Do you think that's why we go back?

Mickey'sGirl
01-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Anybody having anything good for lunch, or do I have to come up with my own ideas??V-8 and a couple of clementines.... I have been so off food since Christmas....Interested?

And theres always the good old libarary for books. Much cheaper!Ewwwww! I stopped using the library when I started University. Have you ever seen what people do while they are reading? YUCKKKKKK!!! :sick:

Dsnygirl
01-07-2008, 12:31 PM
V-8 and a couple of clementines.... I have been so off food since Christmas....Interested?

Ewwwww! I stopped using the library when I started University. Have you ever seen what people do while they are reading? YUCKKKKKK!!! :sick:
As long as it's Spicy V-8... then yup!! Sounds good! Wish I could get myself "off food"... but I'd prefer not to be sick to do it. The willpower just hasn't kicked in yet... anybody have any good "willpower boosting" ideas??

:sick: That's just gross.... never even thought about it!! :ack: Guess it's a good thing I'm a buyer and not a borrower... :blush:

offwego
01-07-2008, 01:02 PM
V-8 and a couple of clementines.... I have been so off food since Christmas....Interested?
Ewwwww! I stopped using the library when I started University. Have you ever seen what people do while they are reading? YUCKKKKKK!!! :sick:

I'm not thinking of it thank you very much...it's still cheaper thank you very much. I'm into cheap. a V-8 sounds good though. Are there extra?

ElenitaB
01-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Just zooping in to say hi. Does anyone else get overwhelmed by a huge to-do list and then end up not being terribly productive?

Hi, Deb! Glad to hear that you're feeling well; sad to hear that the furbaby isn't feeling well.

Well, off to continue on with what promises to be a rollicking work week! See y'all later!

Nascfan
01-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Deb! How the heck are ya? Hope you're feeling well.

Blythe, scary with Emma! Glad she's ok though. Way to go with the quick thinking Dan!

It's in the 60s here. Lovin' it!

Hope everybody had a good weekend. Back to the grind though.

Christine
01-07-2008, 02:44 PM
So, you get Mexican at a burger joint? Where would I get a burger, Taco Bell?

Nope...that's where you would get hepatitis! :ack:

A whatawhoo??
Yankee accent alert! ;)

Nat, I wholeheartedly agree with Jenn about the All Star resorts (sans Music...boring decor and poor layout). Sports is our favorite.
1- as you can tell from our recent trip report, they treated us so well!!!
2- IF the busses are sharing resorts, you're first to be picked up (won't have to stand) and first to be brought home!) We never waited at the resort or park for more than 10 mins. on a bus!
3- The layout of the resort is wide, not long, so if you're in the furthest back bldg ((like we were) you're STILL not a long walk from the main bldg/ bus stop

Y'all may not know it, but I can be a bit of a high maintenance fuss-budget sometimes, but Sports suits me just fine! ;) :D

Bologna sandwich...see...I told ya it was back to the grind for me! :(

Pogo, count me out of the WDW Dec. meet. Since we just went this Dec. and we're going back in March for our scheduled Spring Break, and if we GET to go a third time it will be October for Halloween. Plus, I don't even want to think about what it would take to get JOhn to agree to a WDW Dec trip again! :eyes:

Deb, hope your puppy feels better soon! :pixie:
What kind is it?

Dsnygirl
01-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Just zooping in to say hi. Does anyone else get overwhelmed by a huge to-do list and then end up not being terribly productive?

You just described so many of my days.... :blush: I've been trying to scale the lists down and spread them out so they're not so overwhelming.... although I think my biggest problem is that whatever I don't get done just gets tacked onto the next day instead of re-scheduled where it should be -- and by the end of the week, you can imagine what the list looks like!! :jaw: Plus, it would help if I did what was on the list, and not what I'm in the mood to do... :blush:

It's in the 60s here. Lovin' it!

:ditto: :joy:

Pogo, count me out of the WDW Dec. meet. Since we just went this Dec. and we're going back in March for our scheduled Spring Break, and if we GET to go a third time it will be October for Halloween. Plus, I don't even want to think about what it would take to get JOhn to agree to a WDW Dec trip again!
That's what I was afraid of.... who's Dan going to play golf with?? (Not to mention the shopping I'll miss.... sigh....:sad:)

So - does anyone else hate when you call a company (etc.) to have a question answered, and it becomes a 45 minute circle-jerk where the right hand has NO idea what the left hand is doing, or if there even IS a left hand.... and they tell you to call someone else... who says it's not what they do, here call these people... who have no idea what you're talking about??? Or is it just me??? That is NOT my idea of a productive way to spend my time... esp. when the problem is of THEIR creation, not mine!! :mad: Sigh.... can you tell I just got off the phone from one of those "conversations"??? And it's still not resolved, but the list of what I have to do to fix it is nice & long.... :fit:

Anyway - how's everyone else's afternoon going???

Christine
01-07-2008, 05:17 PM
That's what I was afraid of.... who's Dan going to play golf with?? (Not to mention the shopping I'll miss.... sigh....:sad:)

I'm sorry! :hug: Hey! John said HE didn't want to do WDW in Dec again...but I never said that, did I? Maybe I can squeeze in a solo weekend!! ;)

pogo
01-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Nat, I wholeheartedly agree with Jenn about the All Star resorts (sans Music...boring decor and poor layout). Sports is our favorite.
1- as you can tell from our recent trip report, they treated us so well!!!
2- IF the busses are sharing resorts, you're first to be picked up (won't have to stand) and first to be brought home!) We never waited at the resort or park for more than 10 mins. on a bus!
3- The layout of the resort is wide, not long, so if you're in the furthest back bldg ((like we were) you're STILL not a long walk from the main bldg/ bus stop

Y'all may not know it, but I can be a bit of a high maintenance fuss-budget sometimes, but Sports suits me just fine!

Pogo, count me out of the WDW Dec. meet. Since we just went this Dec. and we're going back in March for our scheduled Spring Break, and if we GET to go a third time it will be October for Halloween. Plus, I don't even want to think about what it would take to get JOhn to agree to a WDW Dec trip again! :eyes:

Hey Christine... thanks for posting about why you like All Stars so much. I really want to go in April and All Star Sports might just be OK for one trip. Were the rooms quiet or did you hear a lot of outside noise ?? :confused:

Right now we are all just penciled in for early December. Blythe says they are going, but we haven't heard from Dan yet. :D

That's what I was afraid of.... who's Dan going to play golf with?? (Not to mention the shopping I'll miss.... sigh....
I'll take Dan drinking..... how's that ? :D

I'm sorry! :hug: Hey! John said HE didn't want to do WDW in Dec again...but I never said that, did I? Maybe I can squeeze in a solo weekend!! ;)
Keep an open mind. :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
01-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Hey - I like how having that AP makes you think!! :thumbsup: Gotta get me one of those... :blush:

I'm off to work - anyone going to be around later???

Dsnygirl
01-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Perfect... you guys drink, I'll shop... hmmm... who's taking the girls???? ;) :blush:

(And don't worry -- he's Jack Sparrow... how can he resist a trip to go ride on his ride??? :pirate:)

pjbs35a
01-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Happy trails, Frankie! (Rhonda, Christine... let us know if anything unusual happens the next few days.)

I resemble that remark. Who is to judge what's unusual ???

Tink&Goofy
01-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Y'all may not know it, but I can be a bit of a high maintenance fuss-budget sometimes
:funny:

I don't golf, will you take me drinking too? :D DH doesn't golf....well, he says he does....but he DOES drink!

I'm off to work - anyone going to be around later???
Most likely! :D

Perfect... you guys drink, I'll shop... hmmm... who's taking the girls???? ;) :blush:
You mean I can't do both? What a decision!
IF we were to make it, got your girls covered. My oldest would be 17 by then (OMG!!) and could take yours AND mine!! :D Better yet, she could BABYSIT them ALL for an evening, and we could ALL go to dinner! OOOhhhh, this has real potential!!!
Still looking for cheap March airfares, with little luck. There are just so many blackout dates!

So who else just barely survived the day?

Christine
01-07-2008, 08:26 PM
I really want to go in April and All Star Sports might just be OK for one trip. Were the rooms quiet or did you hear a lot of outside noise ?? :confused:

I couldn't hear people in the next door rooms, but I DID hear kids running back and forth outisde. John was tempted to pour water on the sidewalk when it got below freezing to leave a surprise for them the next morning! :thedolls:

I'm off to work - anyone going to be around later??? More than likely...

Anyone else watching Friends on TBS? It's the Halloween show and it's hilarious!

CaptJackSparrow
01-07-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm sorry! :hug: Hey! John said HE didn't want to do WDW in Dec again...but I never said that, did I? Maybe I can squeeze in a solo weekend!!
Christine, why can't you play golf?

Right now we are all just penciled in for early December. Blythe says they are going, but we haven't heard from Dan yet. :D

(And don't worry -- he's Jack Sparrow... how can he resist a trip to go ride on his ride??? :pirate:)

I don't golf, will you take me drinking too? :D DH doesn't golf....well, he says he does....but he DOES drink!
All right folks, we're getting closer. (aside from my DW's plans regarding work and a sleeping bag...and no, I don't want to know...) Go golfing w/ a :pirate:, I take all the money ("welcome to the Caribbean, love"), I go shopping, and then come back to buy you all a drink...savvy?

Tink&Goofy
01-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Go golfing w/ a :pirate:, I take all the money ("welcome to the Caribbean, love"), I go shopping, and then come back to buy you all a drink...savvy?
No, Savvy would be the one taking care of the girls!! :laughing:

Got it??

Caroleh
01-07-2008, 08:47 PM
:crying:All this talk of going to WDW..:cry: I can't go...:sob:at least this year.:sad::fit: Can somebody pack me up in their suitcase? :crying: I have a mean DH. I'll be an:angel:. I'll even make those little cards that make CM's very happy!! Please, please take me...:fit:

pogo
01-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Perfect... you guys drink, I'll shop... hmmm... who's taking the girls????
The way I see it..... girls like to shop, not drink.

I don't golf, will you take me drinking too?

IF we were to make it, got your girls covered. My oldest would be 17 by then (OMG!!) and could take yours AND mine!! :D Better yet, she could BABYSIT them ALL for an evening, and we could ALL go to dinner! OOOhhhh, this has real potential!!!
Still looking for cheap March airfares, with little luck. There are just so many blackout dates!
I don't think I could afford to take you too !;)

But a nice night out sounds wonderful !

I couldn't hear people in the next door rooms, but I DID hear kids running back and forth outisde. John was tempted to pour water on the sidewalk when it got below freezing to leave a surprise for them the next morning!
Oh... I'm gonna like John.... I can tell. ? :D

All right folks, we're getting closer. (aside from my DW's plans regarding work and a sleeping bag...and no, I don't want to know...) Go golfing w/ a :pirate:, I take all the money ("welcome to the Caribbean, love"), I go shopping, and then come back to buy you all a drink...savvy?
Dan.... no offense but.....I really am not interested in playing golf at WDW. We can golf anytime this summer here and it won't cost as much. You'll save money and you can use it towards a December WDW trip.

To me.... a WDW trip is for family time. Do you think I'm wrong ?? :D

CaptJackSparrow
01-07-2008, 08:53 PM
No, Savvy would be the one taking care of the girls!! :laughing:

Got it??
I thought you'd say that...you don't believe she'd be disinclined to acquiesce to our request? :D

pogo
01-07-2008, 08:54 PM
:crying:All this talk of going to WDW..:cry: I can't go...:sob:at least this year.:sad::fit: Can somebody pack me up in their suitcase?
Hey, I'll be glad to pack you up.... but would I have to let you out ???? :D

Caroleh
01-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Hey, I'll be glad to pack you up.... but would I have to let you out ???? :D

Have you been talking to Gilles?

Christine
01-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Christine, why can't you play golf?

I can, actually. I played in high school.
But I don't play anymore...don't want to hurt that credit card or bag-carrying wrist, you know! :shop:
:spend:

If I DID try to squeeze the last drop out of my AP by going in December, would y'all really want to go with me? Could you handle it? 4 a.m. in the Magic Kingdom is pretty crazy! :crazy:

Dsnygirl
01-07-2008, 09:02 PM
IF we were to make it, got your girls covered. My oldest would be 17 by then (OMG!!) and could take yours AND mine!! Better yet, she could BABYSIT them ALL for an evening, and we could ALL go to dinner! OOOhhhh, this has real potential!!!

See?? Now that's the kind of thinking that made me know I liked you the minute I met you!! And how could my girls resist your sweet DD? Of course, she might not be that wild about the idea... ;)

Anyone else watching Friends on TBS? It's the Halloween show and it's hilarious!
I wish... :(

All right folks, we're getting closer. (aside from my DW's plans regarding work and a sleeping bag...and no, I don't want to know...) Go golfing w/ a pirate, I take all the money ("welcome to the Caribbean, love"), I go shopping, and then come back to buy you all a drink...savvy?
As long as I get presents and drinks, what could be wrong with that??? :D

No, Savvy would be the one taking care of the girls!!

Got it??
:rotfl:

All this talk of going to WDW.. I can't go...at least this year. Can somebody pack me up in their suitcase? I have a mean DH. I'll be an angel. I'll even make those little cards that make CM's very happy!! Please, please take me...:fit:
Not a problem!! Do you like kids?? :D

Dan.... no offense but.....I really am not interested in playing golf at WDW. We can golf anytime this summer here and it won't cost as much. You'll save money and you can use it towards a December WDW trip.

To me.... a WDW trip is for family time. Do you think I'm wrong ??
Pogo - shhhhh!! He's supposed to go play golf!! :secret: That way, the girls can go on their Pirate Party excursion and I can go riding!! Plus, it's all part of my plan... kind-of like a bribe, but not really, you know??? "Look honey!! There's a beautiful 18-hole professional golf course all for you!! No - actually, there's 5!! What could be better?? No trip is in vain if there's a golf course to try, right honey???" :blush:

CaptJackSparrow
01-07-2008, 09:03 PM

To me.... a WDW trip is for family time. Do you think I'm wrong ?? :D
So...you get a couple of 60 degree days in January and you forget how long it is from October to April? And then....you....drop....the....guilt....on....me :shake: See if I put you out the next time you're on :flame: (just kidding, of course)

Tink&Goofy
01-07-2008, 09:04 PM
I thought you'd say that...you don't believe she'd be disinclined to acquiesce to our request? :D
Its all in how its worded..:spend:

Don't you think? :D

Dsnygirl
01-07-2008, 09:07 PM
I thought you'd say that...you don't believe she'd be disinclined to acquiesce to our request?

I can, actually. I played in high school.
But I don't play anymore...don't want to hurt that credit card or bag-carrying wrist, you know! :shop:
:spend:

If I DID try to squeeze the last drop out of my AP by going in December, would y'all really want to go with me? Could you handle it? 4 a.m. in the Magic Kingdom is pretty crazy! :crazy:
Christine, you kill me... just when I thought I'd thought of everything... :D

Handle it??? You're talking to a night shift girl!!! 4am??? Bring it on!!! :santa3: :woohoo: :coaster:

pogo
01-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Have you been talking to Gilles?
Not yet..... should I ?? :D

Pogo - shhhhh!! He's supposed to go play golf!! :secret: That way, the girls can go on their Pirate Party excursion and I can go riding!! Plus, it's all part of my plan... kind-of like a bribe, but not really, you know??? "Look honey!! There's a beautiful 18-hole professional golf course all for you!! No - actually, there's 5!! What could be better?? No trip is in vain if there's a golf course to try, right honey???" :blush:
Sorry about that. you should have told me first.:secret:

So...you get a couple of 60 degree days in January and you forget how long it is from October to April? And then....you....drop....the....guilt....on....me :shake: See if I put you out the next time you're on :flame: (just kidding, of course)So you want to blow off work tomorrow and play ??? :D

Dsnygirl
01-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Its all in how its worded..:spend:

Don't you think? :D
You definitely know the language... funny how it's all the same... 6yrs old... 9yrs old.... 17yrs old.... (Dan, don't say it... :zipped:) Never changes, does it??? :blush:

CaptJackSparrow
01-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Silly me, I actually thought you were working, btw, you didn't take your sleeping bag with you, right.....right? :paranoid:

Caroleh
01-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Not a problem!! Do you like kids?? :D

I love Julia and Emma. I won't even start them on fire!!:D (just joking!!!)I'll keep them away from Pogo and take them on rides and to go see my buddies Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Pluto. I'll even take them to find Tink!!! But it may cost you a Lapu Lapu!!! Is that okay?

Caroleh
01-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Not yet..... should I ?? :D

Only if you tell him how important it is to take his wife to WDW. Could you do that for me?

Christine
01-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Handle it??? You're talking to a night shift girl!!! 4am??? Bring it on!!! :santa3: :woohoo: :coaster:

That's true! AND you're a nurse! After this last trip, that could be a very beneficial characteristic in a park buddy! You know how to use a defibrillator, right?

pogo
01-07-2008, 09:19 PM
I love Julia and Emma. I won't even start them on fire!!:D (just joking!!!)
What do you mean, "just joking" ? You mean you really would light them on fire ???? :shake:

Only if you tell him how important it is to take his wife to WDW. Could you do that for me?
We'll see...... I have to think about it. :D

Dsnygirl
01-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Silly me, I actually thought you were working, btw, you didn't take your sleeping bag with you, right.....right? :paranoid:
I am working!! In fact, I have two little babies I am trying very hard to keep IN their mommies!! :baby: This is just my break time between meds and vitals and tummy checks and... see??? I am working!!

I love Julia and Emma. I won't even start them on fire!!:D (just joking!!!)I'll keep them away from Pogo and take them on rides and to go see my buddies Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Pluto. I'll even take them to find Tink!!! But it may cost you a Lapu Lapu!!! Is that okay?
:rotfl: :funny:

Carol, if you'd do all that for a Lapu Lapu, I'd take you whenever you'd like. :D Of course, I did just find the receipt for mine in October... ouch!! :blush:

pogo
01-07-2008, 09:21 PM
That's true! AND you're a nurse! After this last trip, that could be a very beneficial characteristic in a park buddy! You know how to use a defibrillator, right?

Are you planning on giving birth at WDW ??? :D

Dsnygirl
01-07-2008, 09:23 PM
All these double posts to try and keep up with you guys.... boy is it hard to work and play at the same time!!! :blush: :D

Ummmm.... yes, but I'm better at delivering babies.... :D

What do you mean, "just joking" ? You mean you really would light them on fire ???? :shake:

:laughing:

Anybody have a question I can borrow?? I'm fresh out -- haven't posted this much this fast on here in ages!! :whew:

CaptJackSparrow
01-07-2008, 09:25 PM
So you want to blow off work tomorrow and play ??? :D
If it weren't for commitments w/ our consultant coming in tomorrow (and the fact that it's probably still extremely wet), I'd be all over it. We've got a course in Liverpool that's open whenever it even gets close. Any similar places out your way?

You definitely know the language... funny how it's all the same... 6yrs old... 9yrs old.... 17yrs old.... (Dan, don't say it... :zipped:) Never changes, does it??? :blush:
I hadn't noticed that smilie before :zipped:, can I get a few hundred of them for home?

Tink&Goofy
01-07-2008, 09:27 PM
So you want to blow off work tomorrow and play ??? :D
:shake:

Yep. Money talks. Especially to a teenage girl!!

Oh Christine - don't even joke about that!! Besides, I'm sure there are plenty of people around that know CPR, right? :D

Dsnygirl
01-07-2008, 09:28 PM
I hadn't noticed that smilie before :zipped:, can I get a few hundred of them for home?

:humph: :listen: :rolleyes: :nono: :fresh:

Don't you have some work to do??? :dishes: :laundry:

Caroleh
01-07-2008, 09:30 PM

For Julia and Emma or for Blythe to use for you?:D

Emily
01-07-2008, 09:31 PM

Hey, early December is my "normal" time to go, I think you should definitely plan a trip. :D I've survived your 4AM jaunts to MK, you don't frighten me! :razz:

Sorry, Christine has talked about her JQ family so I had to poke my nose in and see what it was all about. I'll go away now! :blush:

Oh, I'm supposed to ask a question huh...

So uh... hey, how y'all doin'? :D

Caroleh
01-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Yep. Money talks. Especially to a teenage girl!!

Teenage girl? I think money is how I got the DD potty trained at 2, and she still wants it!!!

pogo
01-07-2008, 09:33 PM
If it weren't for commitments w/ our consultant coming in tomorrow (and the fact that it's probably still extremely wet), I'd be all over it. We've got a course in Liverpool that's open whenever it even gets close. Any similar places out your way?
Oh...... we have plenty ! Do you like long and wide open or short and tight ?? :D

:humph: :listen: :rolleyes: :fresh:

Maybe Dan ought to leave it for you for tomorrow. :D

Tink&Goofy
01-07-2008, 09:34 PM

:humph: :rolleyes: :nono:

I knew there was a reason why I haven't let my DH in on this site! :secret: Why would I want to subject myself to that? :D

pogo
01-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Sorry, Christine has talked about her JQ family so I had to poke my nose in and see what it was all about. I'll go away now! :blush:
Your welcome to stay..... we like new people ! :D

Have you got thick skin ????? It gets a little tricky here. Watch out for T&G..... she's a trouble maker. ;)

Caroleh
01-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Hey, early December is my "normal" time to go, I think you should definitely plan a trip. :D I've survived your 4AM jaunts to MK, you don't frighten me! :razz:

Don't run away!!! Most of us don't bite...with the exception of Pogo and Alex!!! Any friend of Christine's is a friend of ours!!!

Just bring cookies!!

Where did the question jar go? Pogo stop eating the questions they aren't cookies..or was that Alex?

Tink&Goofy
01-07-2008, 09:38 PM
:laughing: Can I borrow some too??

Oh...... we have plenty ! Do you like long and wide open or short and tight ?? :D

:shake: I think I'm going to leave that one completely alone.....

Tink&Goofy
01-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Have you got thick skin ????? It gets a little tricky here. Watch out for T&G..... she's a trouble maker. ;)

What did I ever do to you? :D

pogo
01-07-2008, 09:40 PM
[
See what I mean Emily ???? :D

Christine
01-07-2008, 09:41 PM

HEY EMILY!!!

I KNOW you can handle hanging out with me! OOOoooo, and we could split a room if I get to do this!! How dimented that I am REALLY SERIOUSLY thinking of doing this? :crazy:

I'm so glad you're here! Don't go away...you'll miss all the fun!!

Oh, guess what, Em? Friday night on TV LAND, they're showing "The Jerk!"

"He hates these cans!!" :funny:

Dsnygirl
01-07-2008, 09:42 PM
For Julia and Emma or for Blythe to use for you?
Atta girl, Carol!! :thumbsup:

So uh... hey, how y'all doin'?
Hi Emily!! No, don't go away -- we need more girls around here, the guys have gotten way out of line lately!! :D (Do you remember me? I met you in October briefly...:blush:)

Maybe Dan ought to leave it for you for tomorrow. :D
Oh, he's too fine a pirate to do that... swabbing the decks is right up his alley!!

I knew there was a reason why I haven't let my DH in on this site! :secret: Why would I want to subject myself to that? :D
Trust me, T&G, it's worth it... where else can you rag on your DH in total silence from miles away??? :yay:

Emily
01-07-2008, 09:46 PM

:funny: I am so there!!

And you KNOW you're going to go in December, don't fight it. ;) Just accept it! (Or should I be telling John that?)

You guys are all nuts. I like it. ;)

And yes, I remember you, Blythe! :) Wish we could have talked more. We can remedy that in December. :D

Tink&Goofy
01-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Trust me, T&G, it's worth it... where else can you rag on your DH in total silence from miles away??? :yay:

Yes, but what comes around goes around, right? Don't think I want to give him that pleasure.:D

Gotta go. Dinners ready. DH is still at work and who knows when he will make it home. I'll check in later!

Christine
01-07-2008, 09:49 PM
And you KNOW you're going to go in December, don't fight it. ;) Just accept it! (Or should I be telling John that?)

Oooo, would you??? That would be great, thanks! I'm gonna hop off here a sec and look at Air Tran's website! :blush:

Dsnygirl
01-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Good, 'cuz I was trying really hard to myself... :laughing:

How dimented that I am REALLY SERIOUSLY thinking of doing this?

Not demented at all, my dear friend... totally normal around here!! :yes: (Dan, don't listen... I'm totally not affected by the "pack mentality".... :blush:)

You guys are all nuts. I like it. ;)

And yes, I remember you, Blythe! Wish we could have talked more. We can remedy that in December.
Yeah!! Did you bring cookies? The guys like cookies... not that we girls care, we just seem to need a big pot of caffeine every morning. But these boys?? They need their cookies...

And December sounds grand for a little catching up!! I may just have to talk Dan into a few more days so we have enough time to socialize!! :dance: We wouldn't want to be rude.... :blush:

CaptJackSparrow
01-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Done, but thanks for asking! (what? no smilie of Mickey dropping trou?)

Carol, I'm disappointed. I mean just look at the stats...I'm only about 5050 posts behind. Just like at home! :thedolls:

Nope, wouldn't touch that...

I knew there was a reason why I haven't let my DH in on this site! Why would I want to subject myself to that? :D
I was going to argue w/ you, but then I figured you're probably right. She should've been a little more careful for what she wished for!

"How far you goin'?" "The end of the fence" "OK!" :rotfl:

Emily
01-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah!! Did you bring cookies? The guys like cookies... not that we girls care, we just seem to need a big pot of caffeine every morning. But these boys?? They need their cookies...

Actually, I make a pretty mean cookie. :yes: What kind do you guys like? I'm particularly good at chocolate chip (white chocolate chip/macadamia nut, even better), molasses, oatmeal raisin, you name it! :D

Caroleh
01-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Carol, I'm disappointed. I mean just look at the stats...I'm only about 5050 posts behind. Just like at home! :thedolls:

Dan, Dan, Dan:shake: haven't you learned by now that us girls HAVE to stick together? How many DD's do you have? :D

Actually, I make a pretty mean cookie. :yes: What kind do you guys like? I'm particularly good at chocolate chip (white chocolate chip/macadamia nut, even better), molasses, oatmeal raisin, you name it! :D

Oatmeal raisin sounds really good!!! Christine, you and Emily will have to come up north for our little meet.

Christine
01-07-2008, 10:24 PM
"How far you goin'?" "The end of the fence" "OK!" :rotfl:

Ahhhh, you're a jerk fan, too, eh?? Looks like we'll need to get some popcorn and beers ready for Friday night! And some milk duds. And some junior mints. "And this ashtray and this paddle ball and that's all I need!" :D

Well, the airlines aren't showing flights in Dec. 2008 yet.

BUT, guess what! I found a new airline that runs from Shreveport to Orlando for CHEAP! I looked at May, and they had flights for $49 each way! That's more than half what I pay out of DFW, and Shreveport is only an hour away vs. 3 hours to DFW! Ooooo, get ready Em! I see us making some serious 4 day weekend trips this year on our APs!!

Christine
01-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Christine, you and Emily will have to come up north for our little meet.

Sorry, hon! This chickadee don't cross the Mason Dixon line if I can help it! Why don't y'all come down here?

Tink&Goofy
01-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Nope, wouldn't touch that...

Smart boy! :D

I was going to argue w/ you, but then I figured you're probably right.

Smart boy! :D

Dan, Dan, Dan:shake: haven't you learned by now that us girls HAVE to stick together? How many DD's do you have? :D
He'll figure this out when the girls become teenagers, don't ya think? You're outnumbered Dan, accept it. :D

BronxTigger
01-07-2008, 10:28 PM
How is it that I take a 2 hour nap and I come back to find I missed 3 pages?

HEY EMILY!!!

I KNOW you can handle hanging out with me! OOOoooo, and we could split a room if I get to do this!! How dimented that I am REALLY SERIOUSLY thinking of doing this? :crazy:

Hi Emily! I think I met you in October also!

Christine....I think I am crazy about trying to go too! But ...I'm GOING to make it happen. You MUST come! I have to meet you (again?) My DH said that if I have the money, I can go! But he won't come with me. So, I'll be traveling by myself. :( But that means I could maybe split a value room with somebody!

Values are $82/night so if I stay 3 nights it's only $249! (plus tax) And then plane tickets will probably be around $250 r/t (discounts are hard to get here it seems). So thats $500 + food (~$200) and park tickets (~200?) + any soveniers ~$1000! See, I just need to get $1000 in 11 months! Thats less than $100/month! I could do that!

drummerboy
01-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Hey Em!! Welcome. Glad you found us. By the look of things tonight, looks like it's a prerequisite to be innoculated with a phonograph needle. Man, I've never seen this bunch so gabby. (Well, I have, but it's been a while.)

My gosh, and you've even learned to speak our language? What a good traveler you are!

I've been dozing this evening. Did I miss anything? :thedolls:

pogo
01-07-2008, 10:37 PM
BUT, guess what! I found a new airline that runs from Shreveport to Orlando for CHEAP! I looked at May, and they had flights for $49 each way!
And what airline is that, Texas Treetop Airways ??? :D

Sorry, hon! This chickadee don't cross the Mason Dixon line if I can help it! Why don't y'all come down here?
Been in Texas several times... Airforce training and played in Austin years ago. I have an old girlfriend in Austin that I haven't seen in 35 years. :shake: I don't want to go back. Sorry !

I've been dozing this evening. Did I miss anything?
Not really. You old guys are so cute with your naptime ! :D

BronxTigger
01-07-2008, 10:42 PM
I've been dozing this evening. Did I miss anything? :thedolls:

Today seemed to wear a bunch of people out! I was dozing too. Actually, it was more than dozing. I was out cold for 2 hours. DH tried to wake me up and I couldn't get up.

Why are we all so chatty tonight? Could it be that we are trying to convince each other to go to WDW in December? And WHY does ANYBODY on here NEED convincing??

pogo
01-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Why are we all so chatty tonight? Could it be that we are trying to convince each other to go to WDW in December? And WHY does ANYBODY on here NEED convincing??
Kind of boggels the mind, doesn't it ? :blush:

Dsnygirl
01-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Yes, but what comes around goes around, right? Don't think I want to give him that pleasure.

Yup - but I can usually give as good as I get... :boxing:

Done, but thanks for asking! (what? no smilie of Mickey dropping trou?)

See?? You can teach 'em right, but then you let 'em out the door... sigh... :blush:

And about that 5050 posts behind??? I did invite you a lot earlier, but you thought I'd joined a cult... :shake:

Actually, I make a pretty mean cookie. What kind do you guys like? I'm particularly good at chocolate chip (white chocolate chip/macadamia nut, even better), molasses, oatmeal raisin, you name it!
I'm partial to good 'ole chocolate chip -- but I'm always up to try a new kind!!

Ahhhh, you're a jerk fan, too, eh?? Looks like we'll need to get some popcorn and beers ready for Friday night! And some milk duds. And some junior mints. "And this ashtray and this paddle ball and that's all I need!" :D

Okay... how frightening... I have no idea what you guys are talking about... I did see "The Jerk", but you guys are scarily familiar with it... :scared:

He'll figure this out when the girls become teenagers, don't ya think? You're outnumbered Dan, accept it. :D
Poor man, I think he accepted it years ago... ever since his dad, uncle and grandpas passed, it's been just him and his mom and his sister and his grandma... and now me and our girls... and our friends who have 3 girls... and now his neice... Okay, we did add in a BIL and a nephew, and I suppose maybe the cats and dog count, as they're male... but still... he's WAY outnumbered... but it's all good, right hon?? (And he's in bed, too, btw... can't keep up w/ us... :D)

How is it that I take a 2 hour nap and I come back to find I missed 3 pages?
Christine....I think I am crazy about trying to go too! But ...I'm GOING to make it happen.
Values are $82/night so if I stay 3 nights it's only $249! (plus tax) And then plane tickets will probably be around $250 r/t (discounts are hard to get here it seems). So thats $500 + food (~$200) and park tickets (~200?) + any soveniers ~$1000! See, I just need to get $1000 in 11 months! Thats less than $100/month! I could do that!
Sorry... we've been a bit chatty... :blush:

Now, that's my kind of math!! I've been running those numbers since the day we got back in October!!

I've been dozing this evening. Did I miss anything?
Lots!! We're having cookies and pirate talk and Christine's going to go to WDW every month with Emily on her AP to buy us all the stuff we missed on our trips... Dan's golfing with Pogo and we're all planning on partying in WDW in December!! Wanna come??? (Oh, and I'm working, although my DH doesn't believe me... )

Caroleh
01-07-2008, 10:52 PM
And what airline is that, Texas Treetop Airways ??? :D

DDA, you silly old bear!!!!:D

Bethany..I don't need to be convinced, BUT WILL SOMEONE TALK TO GILLES? Sorry didn't mean to shout...I was hoping he'd hear me. Why did I have to marry someone so rational?

My neice and her 2 1/2 yr old were at WDW on Dec. 28th. My grand neice was just telling me she saw Mickey and Belle...it's no fair, she's only 2 1/2 and been to WDW twice now...:pout:

pogo
01-07-2008, 10:56 PM
BUT WILL SOMEONE TALK TO GILLES? Sorry didn't mean to shout...I was hoping he'd hear me. Why did I have to marry someone so rational?
OK.... I'll bale you out. Want to know what to do ??? :secret: YOU buy a trip as a surprise for Gilles ! Tell him about a month before so he can arrange vacation time. :D

Christine
01-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Okay... how frightening... I have no idea what you guys are talking about... I did see "The Jerk", but you guys are scarily familiar with it... :scared:

How can you NOT be scarily familiar with it??
:sing: I'm picking out a thermos for you!
:D

... Christine's going to go to WDW every month with Emily on her AP

CaptJackSparrow
01-07-2008, 11:00 PM

Outnumbered, yes. Outtalked, CERTAINLY! Got to do my part to even things up "I'm just trying to help the ballclub, and the Good Lord willing..." Crash Davis, Bull Durham :baseball:

Oh well, calling it a night (have a good rest!), and have run out of questions...knowwhatImean?

DW, not in bed yet, and you still need to get to work! :nurse: G'night!

Caroleh
01-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Outnumbered, yes. Outtalked, CERTAINLY! Got to do my part to even things up "I'm just trying to help the ballclub, and the Good Lord willing..." Crash Davis, Bull Durham :baseball:

Ohhhh, I love that movie!!!! I think it's time to turn in here too.

Who has the coffee in the am?

Christine
01-07-2008, 11:09 PM
G'night kids! See you tomorrow.

I'm outtie. Do the kids still say that? Is that how they spell it? :blush:

Dsnygirl
01-07-2008, 11:14 PM
And what airline is that, Texas Treetop Airways ???

And WHY does ANYBODY on here NEED convincing??
I'm afraid I NEVER need convincing... more like to be held back... :blush:

Why did I have to marry someone so rational?

I ask myself the same question every day... must be b/c he's so cute... that, and if he wasn't the rational one, we'd be living in a cardboard box, eating graham crackers... (but we'd be outside the gates of WDW, at least... :D)

OK.... I'll bale you out. Want to know what to do ??? YOU buy a trip as a surprise for Gilles ! Tell him about a month before so he can arrange vacation time.
Brilliant!! Think Dan would fall for it, too???

How can you NOT be scarily familiar with it??
:sing: I'm picking out a thermos for you!

.... and this from a girl who's never seen "Star Wars".... and yes, I know, you have your standards.... ;)

Outnumbered, yes. Outtalked, CERTAINLY!

DW, not in bed yet, and you still need to get to work! G'night!
:rolleyes:

See?? Even when I'm not home, I can still find a way to make sure you're in bed late... (okay, that didn't sound right... :blush:) And I am working!!! :tiptoe:

pogo
01-07-2008, 11:21 PM
:Brilliant!! Think Dan would fall for it, too???
I don't think so. :shake: Do you ?

Going to bed.... nitey, nite.... :sleepin:

DisneyDudet
01-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Whats this about an excuse to go to Disney World?

Hmmm... I blame Bethany!

Tink&Goofy
01-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Bethany..I don't need to be convinced, BUT WILL SOMEONE TALK TO GILLES? Sorry didn't mean to shout...I was hoping he'd hear me. Why did I have to marry someone so rational?

OK, this is kind of scary, but I'm the more rational one here! :blush:

OK.... I'll bale you out. Want to know what to do ??? :secret: YOU buy a trip as a surprise for Gilles ! Tell him about a month before so he can arrange vacation time. :D
PLEASE don't give me any ideas! In case you didn't know, I was the one that went from finding a cheap airfare to planning a WDW Vacation, to buying into DVC (without having ever been there!), all in the matter of a couple weeks!! OK, maybe I'm not the rational one here....:blush:

Brilliant!! Think Dan would fall for it, too???

Well, he probably would of if he hadn't found out about it by reading here! :funny:

Must be a slow night Blythe? (at work I mean! :funny:)

Dsnygirl
01-07-2008, 11:46 PM
I don't think so. :shake: Do you ?

Nope... he knows me too well. It'd be like him surprising me with golf vacation...

Well, he probably would of if he hadn't found out about it by reading here! :funny:

Must be a slow night Blythe? (at work I mean! :funny:)
Hmmm.... maybe I didn't think this whole thing through too well... he's finding out all my secret weapons....

Believe it or not, it's really not quiet... my patients just have their issues in clusters! But I'm on the antepartum end of the floor, so I have the only two patients that are down here... for now... the rest of the floor is REALLY busy!! Luckily, the postpartum floor is pretty empty, so we'll have room for all the newbies... :baby:

So - is everyone worn out from our marathon?? Where'd you all go???

drummerboy
01-07-2008, 11:48 PM
And about that 5050 posts behind??? I did invite you a lot earlier, but you thought I'd joined a cult... :shake:

Mmm hmm, the thermos cult. He was right.

Is it safe to go to bed yet? Am I nuts to be sitting here with my earphones on listening to Christmas music? Always takes me a couple of weeks to get it out of my head. Right now it's the Temptations version of Silent Night.

I may have frightened some of you earlier by mentioning an unkown and alien instrument... the phonograph needle. You see, way back in history, they used to record music on these flat, round, black disk thingies that had grooves cut in them and... oh never mind.

Beast_fanatic
01-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Whoa! I'm exhausted from catching up on today's posts in this thread! :shake:

But I am going to Grand Prairie the week after next.

Grand Prairie, huh? I was over that way yesterday visiting my Dad (in Arlington).

I finally found a chance to zwoop in & say hi to all! I am sorry I haven't been on here in quite a while. Too much going on. I am sure I have missed a lot of craziness, huh? Does anyone even remember me????

Hi Deb! Here's some :dog: :pixie: for your pooch!

So who else just barely survived the day?

Actually, I made it through today much better than I expected. Now tomorrow may be a different story...

The way I see it..... girls like to shop, not drink.

But, at Downtown Disney, girls can do both - almost simultaneously! :marg:

Hi Emily! Hope you stick around! Just don't forget to ask your questions. :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
01-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Am I nuts to be sitting here with my earphones on listening to Christmas music? Always takes me a couple of weeks to get it out of my head. Right now it's the Temptations version of Silent Night.

I may have frightened some of you earlier by mentioning an unkown and alien instrument... the phonograph needle. You see, way back in history, they used to record music on these flat, round, black disk thingies that had grooves cut in them and... oh never mind.
Nope... I always have the hardest time transitioning from Christmas music 24hrs/day, 7 days/week to an almost immediate stoppage and having to head back into "reality" music!!! I usually spend 3 or 4 days listening to nothing, until I just can't stand it and then the country music I normally enjoy (or my kid's music, or even Disney music) doesn't seem so heinous!! Glad to know I'm not the only one....

Very funny... :rolleyes: ...I grew up on those funny little black disk thingies... although I have to confess to not owning any, as my brother had them all, and by the time I was old enought to buy my own, tapes were the normal music venue, and CD's were the "new thing"!! I can still remember my first CD... sigh... got it right when I got my first "boom box" with "mega bass"... boy was that a change for my parents!!! :D It was a Christmas CD.... nothing like "Little Drummer Boy" (really!! :)) by a contemporary band that LOVED the drums and the bass!! :drummer:

Thanks for the reminder -- I'm sure Dan will thank you, as well!! :cool: You'll be joining us, right???

Beast_fanatic
01-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the reminder -- I'm sure Dan will thank you, as well!! :cool: You'll be joining us, right???

That's the plan. :D

Should I go to bed now so I can remain employed and therefore be able to afford a December trip?

Tink&Goofy
01-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Nope... he knows me too well. It'd be like him surprising me with golf vacation...
:funny: Are you saying your pirate does not enjoy a trip to WDW??

Hmmm.... maybe I didn't think this whole thing through too well... he's finding out all my secret weapons....

Yep, thats my point!

Whoa! I'm exhausted from catching up on today's posts in this thread! :shake:

:hi: Rhonda! You almost missed the fun!

Would that be drinking for a shop, or shopping for a drink? :D

Well DH is finally home from work - and even remembered the cat food (Good boy!). 2 of 3 DD are in bed. Time to sit back and relax.

Dsnygirl
01-08-2008, 12:54 AM
:funny: Are you saying your pirate does not enjoy a trip to WDW??

No - he loves it - but he also likes hoarding his loot here at home. :pout: But, honestly - we need to do a little hoarding so we can have a seriously good time in December... so I'll let him have his way -- for now!! ;)

Are you relaxing yet? Have a glass of vino for me... I won't be tipping a few 'til Friday. :(

trackbarroness
01-08-2008, 05:40 AM
Does anyone remember 8-tracks? :D
Today's a short work day and my Friday, so I'll be working from 8 and getting off at 2. Won't be going into work until 8 on Friday. trying with great difficulty not to think about the true weekend, where I go in to work when it's dark. And I go home when it's dark. :D
Oh wait did I just think about the weekend? Welcome back Deb, I do hope your puppy get's better, and it's just the weather making your puppy feel under the weather. :( Here's some :dog: :pixie: :pixie:
Have a magical day hugs all around, and don't forget the rum. Captain Jack Sparrow told me to pass it around also. Oh wait here's coffee instead 'cause it's morning. Did I tell ya'lll we're back in the high 70's here again?

disneydeb
01-08-2008, 07:03 AM

Wow! You have a way with words.:thumbsup:Are you on strike too? ( Writer's strike)

You all sure can talk! I've got to get to work, I'll have to catchup later. Can someone take me to WDW in December?

My hubby wants to go NEXT YEAR.

pogo
01-08-2008, 07:12 AM
Good morning all..... busy night huh ???

Sandy.... glad to hear your back in the 70's today. We are already at 63 this morning and expected to go to 65 today.

Can someone take me to WDW in December?

My hubby wants to go NEXT YEAR.

But the fishing at WDW is so much better in December. Couldn't you tempt him with a fishing trip ??? :D

drummerboy
01-08-2008, 08:14 AM
You all sure can talk! I've got to get to work, I'll have to catchup later.
And then we'll see if your next post passes mustard?

disneydrmr
01-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Wow.... did you guys have a little too much sugar yesterday? Way too chatty... no sense in even trying to catch up!

Please keep the pixie dust coming for Deb's doggie. He's a mini Dachsund.. cutest thing around. He wiggled out of her arms one day a week or so ago and fell. The vet thinks he's hurt either his back or his neck. He is barely wanting to move around. He will go into shakes. He is gonna get x-rays today. Poor little guy.

This is not starting out a good year for my family. Our niece has her EEG done today. Hopefully they will find out what's going on with her. Seems she's had her left arm 'tingle' before.

Then Mike and I are dealing with issues with his family. So I"m already ready for 2008 to be over with. (Ooops.. someone please help Pogo up off the floor... I think there's some smelling salts over there...:D)

So... did I miss anything 'important' in all your conversation last night? Hope everyone has a great day today. I'll try to sneak on and off today as I follow the VP's movements in the building.

pogo
01-08-2008, 08:47 AM
And then we'll see if your next post passes mustard?
:funny: Good one !

Please keep the pixie dust coming for Deb's doggie. He's a mini Dachsund.. cutest thing around.
I guess this is where the catchup and mustard comes in, right ? :D

Then Mike and I are dealing with issues with his family. So I"m already ready for 2008 to be over with. (Ooops.. someone please help Pogo up off the floor... I think there's some smelling salts over there. :shake: It could be a lot worse ! Here's a :hug: for all your issues.

Mickey'sGirl
01-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Morning everyone! :hi:

I am reposting, as the one I attempted to post after your crazy cookie induced posting frenzy last night BLEW UP MY MACHINE!

So the gist of it was

:hi: Welcome Emily! Good to see you!

:hi: Morgan! Happy New Year!

and Christine.... how will you ever get dear Olivia all the way up here to "Jupiter" if you don't cross over the line :darth: ?

Mornin' Cousin and Di! Di pass along some more :pixie: for Deb's doggie. We had a Keeshond growing up that went through a similar experience. He ended up needing surgery, but it made him good as new! :thumbsup:

Sorry -- I ignored you Ken! I smiled broadly (like this :D) at your mustard joke. You are just full of vinegar this morning!

ElenitaB
01-08-2008, 09:41 AM
What did you all have for dinner last night? I checked the thread around 8:30 but didn't have anything to add... checked again at 1:30 am and I couldn't believe how much you all were chatting! I was going to respond but stupid router dropped our connection. :badpc: As much as I love y'all, I was just not going to reboot at 1:30 am. Like Rhonda, I decided that sleep to ensure my continued employment might be in order.

Welcome, Emily! I think you're going to fit in around here, particularly considering you're already offering up the good cookies. (Watch out... the GRITS contingent is growing. :D)

I'm also going to blame a certain wanderlust on Ms. Bethany as I've begun to consider the possibility of a December long weekend trip if you all will be down there. I'll have to begin to look at DVC point charts.

I grew up on those funny little black disk thingies.
You did? Didn't you get dizzy? :confused:

Did I tell ya'lll we're back in the high 70's here again?
Since we're going to be in the 60s up here, I won't fall into a fit of jealousy. ;) Aren't you heading over to DVC this week? Glad you'll be having good weather for your vacation.

Well, a fresh pot of coffee is over here on the sideboard for anyone who'd like some (still Christmas Blend :blush:) as well as some (place and bake) gingerbread cookies that I made last night. If you can wean off Christmas music, we can wean off our Christmas goodies.

pogo
01-08-2008, 09:50 AM
I grew up on those funny little black disk thingies...

You did? Didn't you get dizzy?
Oh she got dizzy alright ! Don't you know her ?? :D

Mornin' Cousin and Di!
:hi: Good morning Cousin. :D

Nascfan
01-08-2008, 01:25 PM

LOL! You're funny! You're in trouble, but you're funny. :D

How's Tuesday going everyone? Another spring day here. Boy is it going to be tough when it gets cold again by the end of the week.

Mickey'sGirl
01-08-2008, 03:48 PM
How's Tuesday going everyone? Another spring day here. Boy is it going to be tough when it gets cold again by the end of the week.
:hi: Hey Scott!

Guess who just bought me a Latte from Starbucks?

Natalie! She was in town for a meeting, so we had a quick cuppa downstairs. It was quick, but really great to see her again!

Who's going to come and buy me coffee on Thursday?:D

Christine
01-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Good morning, everyone! Just kidding...I've been up for four whole hours already!!

Did anyone else notice that Emily never came back to JQ after I told her I was coming to join her in Disney a LOT this year??? :scratch: :blush:

Christine
01-08-2008, 03:55 PM

Natalie! She was in town for a meeting, so we had a quick cuppa downstairs. It was quick, but really great to see her again!

That's cool! Shoot, I'd welcome Alex himself to come see me if he brought me Starbuck's!! ;)

I think my priorities are out of whack. I am going to see about trading my SUV in to cut down on my payments and the amount of gas it guzzles. Why? To be green? To better economize my family budget? Heck no! To be able to float more Disney trips! :D :shake:
I've got it BAD! When we go back in March, I will have been to WDW every other month since October, so now I am looking at May to try and keep that going! Stupid APs!!!

Mickey'sGirl
01-08-2008, 04:13 PM
That's cool! Shoot, I'd welcome Alex himself to come see me if he brought me Starbuck's!! ;)I guess I don't need to worry about you showing up with coffee, do I? Not with that whole Mason Dixon Line issue.....:(

....so now I am looking at May to try and keep that going! Stupid APs!!!That's what happened to us last year. It was out of hand! This year we are paying for the tickets....man does that ever effect the bottom line!!!

Dsnygirl
01-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi all... just got up about a 1/2hr ago and am trying to get my caffeine into me ASAP... it's the first time I've slept so solidly in weeks, but it's left me feeling a little out of it!! (Hush, you... :D ... you know who you are, Pogo, Dan, Alex... etc....)

So, it hit 70 today!! It is absolutely beautiful out, although I find it hard to believe there is still any snow out there! (And there is, at the corners of my yard! )

I'll try to sneak on and off today as I follow the VP's movements in the building.
Watching for your posts is like being in the middle of a :spy: novel now!! Have you seen Frankie??

I am reposting, as the one I attempted to post after your crazy cookie induced posting frenzy last night BLEW UP MY MACHINE!
Sorry.... :blush:

What did you all have for dinner last night?

(Watch out... the GRITS contingent is growing.)

I'm also going to blame a certain wanderlust on Ms. Bethany as I've begun to consider the possibility of a December long weekend trip if you all will be down there. I'll have to begin to look at DVC point charts.

If you can wean off Christmas music, we can wean off our Christmas goodies.
Cookies??

I'd put a laughing smilie here, but I'm running out for this post... but believe me, I'm laughing!!

Yeah!! Please, oh please... :clappy:

Please say it isn't so... :faint:

Oh she got dizzy alright ! Don't you know her ??

Didn't I say hush, you??? :fresh:

LOL! You're funny! You're in trouble, but you're funny.

Well said!!

Who's going to come and buy me coffee on Thursday?
That's so cool!! Wish it could be me...

I think my priorities are out of whack. I am going to see about trading my SUV in to cut down on my payments and the amount of gas it guzzles. Why? To be green? To better economize my family budget? Heck no! To be able to float more Disney trips!

I've got it BAD! When we go back in March, I will have been to WDW every other month since October, so now I am looking at May to try and keep that going! Stupid APs!!!
Sounds familiar... I drive a Honda Pilot, and last year seriously considered trading it in to do the same thing!! But the car I was interested in was the same amount of $$$, so we just decided to get the Pilot paid off early, and drive it into the ground. That being said -- I've got 5 more years to enjoy it!! :blush:

You know, you really have to stop blaming your AP for all your trips, or I'll NEVER have Dan convinced to get one!! He already knows how similar we are... and trust me, it wouldn't be a hard leap for him to see what would happen if we bought them!! So.... ssshhhhhhh!! :secret:

Dsnygirl
01-08-2008, 04:23 PM
This year we are paying for the tickets....man does that ever effect the bottom line!!!
Now, see??? Those are the kind of comments that help my cause!! Keep it up, Jenn!! :thumbsup: :D

pogo
01-08-2008, 04:23 PM
I knkow what you mean, Scott. Are you playing golf today or are you working ? :blush:

Who's going to come and buy me coffee on Thursday?
Let's see...... Thursday..... hhmmmmm.... sorry. All booked up on this side of the pond. Maybe Caroleh will.... she's pretty close to you. :D

I think my priorities are out of whack. I am going to see about trading my SUV in to cut down on my payments and the amount of gas it guzzles. Why? To be green? To better economize my family budget? Heck no! To be able to float more Disney trips!

That's what happened to us last year. It was out of hand! This year we are paying for the tickets....man does that ever effect the bottom line!!!
So I shouldn't buy AP's if we go in April and plan to go in December ???? I'm sooo confused !:drama: Do I need help ? :D

pogo
01-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Hi all... just got up about a 1/2hr ago and am trying to get my caffeine into me ASAP... it's the first time I've slept so solidly in weeks, but it's left me feeling a little out of it!! (Hush, you... :D ... you know who you are, Pogo, Dan, Alex... etc....)

Didn't I say hush, you??? :fresh:

Have I ever listened to you ???? :D

Dsnygirl
01-08-2008, 04:38 PM
So I shouldn't buy AP's if we go in April and plan to go in December ???? I'm sooo confused !:drama: Do I need help ? :D
Yup!! (Just click "Buy"... you'll feel much better...) Actually, I'd seriously like to consider getting them before our December trip, as I'd like to be able to take the girls for Halloween in '09 - that's probably the last year we'll be able to "safely" pull them out of school for any length of time. But, I'll probably only consider it if the specials that come out for December are only for AP holders - otherwise, I'm not so sure. :confused:

Have I ever listened to you ???? :D
Not that I'm aware of, but it doesn't stop a girl from trying, right?? :blush:

pogo
01-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Yup!! (Just click "Buy"... you'll feel much better...) Actually, I'd seriously like to consider getting them before our December trip, as I'd like to be able to take the girls for Halloween in '09 - that's probably the last year we'll be able to "safely" pull them out of school for any length of time. But, I'll probably only consider it if the specials that come out for December are only for AP holders - otherwise, I'm not so sure. :confused:

Not that I'm aware of, but it doesn't stop a girl from trying, right?? :blush:

You are way to cute to pick on.... And you always have the answers. Now.... what is the question ??? :D

Dsnygirl
01-08-2008, 05:07 PM
And you always have the answers.
Have you been talking to Dan lately???? (Not sure if I should :D or :blush:.... sometimes when he says that, I'm not too sure it's complimentary... ;))

Christine
01-08-2008, 05:28 PM
You know, you really have to stop blaming your AP for all your trips, or I'll NEVER have Dan convinced to get one!! He already knows how similar we are... and trust me, it wouldn't be a hard leap for him to see what would happen if we bought them!! So.... ssshhhhhhh!! :secret:
I mean, BOY, buying those APs was the most efficient money decision we've ever made! (is that better, Blythe?)

I guess I don't need to worry about you showing up with coffee, do I? Not with that whole Mason Dixon Line issue.....:(
Sorry! I would be happy to drink one in your honor though! (Sorry I mean "honour"...see I'd never make it in Canada!) :D

No...go ahead and buy the APs in April. Just be prepared to find yourself with about 3 trips between then and December! :secret:

Dsnygirl
01-08-2008, 05:41 PM
I mean, BOY, buying those APs was the most efficient money decision we've ever made! (is that better, Blythe?)

Perfect!! :thumbsup:

So - do I dare ask - anyone going to be around tonight with some (shhhh) cookies??? :D

Christine
01-08-2008, 05:48 PM
So - do I dare ask - anyone going to be around tonight with some (shhhh) cookies??? :D

I'll be around...John's working late, Olivia's back on her regular bedtime...

I'll bring the Starbucks, maybe Emily will come in with an asstmt. of cookies! We'll post tons of pages and freak the morning crew out again when they try to catch up tomorrow! :plot: Who's in??

Dsnygirl
01-08-2008, 06:34 PM
I'll be around...John's working late, Olivia's back on her regular bedtime...

I'll bring the Starbucks, maybe Emily will come in with an asstmt. of cookies! We'll post tons of pages and freak the morning crew out again when they try to catch up tomorrow! :plot: Who's in??
:here: (how do you add a question to that??)

Okay, off to work - catch you all later!! (hopefully!! ;))

pjbs35a
01-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Watching for your posts is like being in the middle of a :spy: novel now!! Have you seen Frankie??

Anybody hear the score of the BCS Championship Game ??? :number1:

pogo
01-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Anybody hear the score of the BCS Championship Game ??? :number1:
:hi: Frankie.

Don't you think it should be called the BS Championship ?? :yes:

LSU is a great team..... Ohio State is a good team. But they should have a playoff to determine a REAL National Champion.

:sorry:

Still love me ??? :D

DisneyDudet
01-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Doesn't seem like I've been missed, but I missed a lot!!!

I've been so busy planning the cruise we just decided to book the other day, that I have neglected a lot of Intercot!

I don't have any cookies to bring, but can I bring some Valentine's candy? Yes...I'm already buying!

I will be up late tonight. I must work tomorrow night, so I need to sleep tomorrow during the day.

Christine
01-08-2008, 07:07 PM

LSU is a great team..... Ohio State is a good team. But they should have a playoff to determine a REAL National Champion.

Pogo! For a man who loves life, you seem to suddenly have a death wish! :faint:

Anyone wanna watch Family Guy with me tonight? :tv:

pjbs35a
01-08-2008, 07:08 PM
:hi: Frankie.

:sorry:

Still love me ??? :D

Sticks and stones..............Sure I still love you. Didn't you see the crystal National Championship trophy hanging around my neck ??? Until they come up with a better way, we like the present system. The only team to win two BCS Championships. Even the Associated Press finally wised up and admitted LSU is the best. Although one idiot sportswriter still had USC number one. Guess where he graduated.

Btw, If LSU is not number one, who is your pick ???

trackbarroness
01-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Anyone like some Mickey gingerbread cookies or sugar cookies? :D Would you settle for these beauties? :bar: :bar: :bar: :bar: :bar:
I wanted a turkey leg but I went out for pizza instead. Lololol
Those turkey legs are too big for just 1 person. We could make sandwiches from them huh?

Caroleh
01-08-2008, 07:17 PM

Who's going to come and buy me coffee on Thursday?:D

I was driving home from work tonight and I was thinking of you, Jenn. I was wondering if Natalie came to visit. I can't Thursday..I have to work followed by my new belly dance class. If I would drive downtown I'd come and see you on Friday!!!

I I'm sooo confused !:drama: Do I need help ? :D

Isn't that your normal state? :D

:plot: Who's in??

I'm in!!! I'd ask you, Christine, if you would come up here and help me pack, but I know the answer to that. If you did I'm pretty sure we could get a few people together to see you, perhaps a Pogo, Natalie, Jenn, Blythe. It could be worth it!!!:D

Emily
01-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Did anyone else notice that Emily never came back to JQ after I told her I was coming to join her in Disney a LOT this year??? :scratch: :blush:

Nonsense! Emily had to go to bed, and then Emily had to work all day today where Emily has very limited access to INTERCOT! :(

Why am I referring to myself in the third person? :confused: "George is gettin' upset!!" (any Seinfeld fans? If not that will make NO sense whatsoever)

So I'm guessing it would be a bad idea to mention that I'll probably go in May, too? :D

APs = :thedolls:

Oops! Sorry Blythe! I meant to say, APs are the greatest things ever and can save you loads of money!! :blush:

Christine
01-08-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm in!!! I'd ask you, Christine, if you would come up here and help me pack, but I know the answer to that. If you did I'm pretty sure we could get a few people together to see you, perhaps a Pogo, Natalie, Jenn, Blythe. It could be worth it!!!:D
If you had all those people together, wouldn't that be enough to help you pack where you wouldn't need me? Didn't Blythe one time say she actually LIKED packing??

Nonsense! Emily had to go to bed, and then Emily had to work all day today where Emily has very limited access to INTERCOT!

Why am I referring to myself in the third person? :confused: "George is gettin' upset!!" (any Seinfeld fans? If not that will make NO sense whatsoever)

:funny: Loved Seinfeld! Best one liners ever! "Oh yeah? Well the jerk store called..." :funny:

So I'm guessing it would be a bad idea to mention that I'll probably go in May, too? :D

Suh-WEET! :thumbsup:

APs = :thedolls:

Oops! Sorry Blythe! I meant to say, APs are the greatest things ever and can save you loads of money!! :blush:
That's right! In fact, when you have an AP, Disney pays YOU to go!

trackbarroness
01-08-2008, 07:36 PM
I forgot to mention that the DVC visit is not until next moon err I mean month. :D lol
Anyone else staying at the world at that time? :D

Caroleh
01-08-2008, 07:39 PM
If you had all those people together, wouldn't that be enough to help you pack where you wouldn't need me? Didn't Blythe one time say she actually LIKED packing??

But they'd only be here to see you!! I guess then no packing would get done!!!

What's for dinner tonight?

Christine
01-08-2008, 07:42 PM
But they'd only be here to see you!! I guess then no packing would get done!!!

Ahhhhh, I see. Yes, freak shows do attract quite the crowd, don't they? :crazy: :D

Dinner tonight was Sonic burgers...99 cents on Tuesday! :thumbsup:

alpro2
01-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Shoot, I'd welcome Alex himself to come see me if he brought me Starbuck's!! ;)

Shoot? I'll shoot ya'! :D

I haven't read everything that you maniacs posted over the last 24 hours. Why are you indoors in this beautiful weather?

Christine
01-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Shoot? I'll shoot ya'! :D

Aren't you a bit young to be throwing out those corny "dad" jokes??

I haven't read everything that you maniacs posted over the last 24 hours. Why are you indoors in this beautiful weather?

What beautiful weather? It's cold and rainy here. :(

DisneyDudet
01-08-2008, 07:52 PM

What beautiful weather? It's cold and rainy here. :(

Where abouts in Texas are you from? Its WAY windy and cool, but I'd LOVE some of your rain!

Nascfan
01-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Pogo, I WISH we could've been out on the course today. My daughter is getting the itch big time. A couple months off, that's all she needs. She's ready to get back to it.

Frankie, from a Buckeye fan, my hearty :congrats: go to you and the Tigers!
LSU is a well deserving championship team. They truly are :number1:. Good job guys.

Did I get a question in there?

Christine
01-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Where abouts in Texas are you from? Its WAY windy and cool, but I'd LOVE some of your rain!

I'm in Longview (about 2 1/2 hours east of you). Our new house is all steel and brick construction. The rain sounds so strange on the roof! When it's raining "normally" it sounds cool...kinda soothing. When it's POURING it sounds like the world is coming to an end!

You may get rain. You know what they say about weather in Texas, right? If you don't like it, give it a minute...it'll change!

(Gosh, that sounds like something Alex would say! :drummer:)

Caroleh
01-08-2008, 08:12 PM

It's dark out there...it's not safe in the dark!!! There might be a big scary Alex out there or even worse...A Pogo!!!:D

SO, Alex, are you planning a WDW trip in Dec. also?

Tink&Goofy
01-08-2008, 08:18 PM
I drive a Honda Pilot, and last year seriously considered trading it in to do the same thing!! But the car I was interested in was the same amount of $$$, so we just decided to get the Pilot paid off early, and drive it into the ground.
I KNEW we were alot alike - I drive a Pilot too - and I LOVE it. DH drives one too - where do you think I got the idea?

You know, you really have to stop blaming your AP for all your trips, or I'll NEVER have Dan convinced to get one!!
Hey Blythe, did you know that DVC members get a $100 discount on annual passes??? Nope, I'm not kidding....

Actually, I'd seriously like to consider getting them before our December trip, as I'd like to be able to take the girls for Halloween in '09 - that's probably the last year we'll be able to "safely" pull them out of school for any length of time. But, I'll probably only consider it if the specials that come out for December are only for AP holders - otherwise, I'm not so sure. :confused:
When we went last October, we got an annual pass rate!

Do you remember what happened last time you had Starbucks at night??:D

Do I need help ? :D
:yes: You just walked right into that one, didn't ya?:D

So - did everyone's keyboards cool off after the meltdown last night?:laughing:

DisneyDudet
01-08-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm in Longview (about 2 1/2 hours east of you). Our new house is all steel and brick construction. The rain sounds so strange on the roof! When it's raining "normally" it sounds cool...kinda soothing. When it's POURING it sounds like the world is coming to an end!

You may get rain. You know what they say about weather in Texas, right? If you don't like it, give it a minute...it'll change!

I've been to Longview! Nice area.

We should get another N. Texas meet together. The last one Rhonda and I did, it was just us!

Wuddya say?

Anywho... looks like I will miss the JQ meet. I'm headed there in Jan for the Marathon. Unless I can take a break from training to come for a weekend.... if money permits...

Beast_fanatic
01-08-2008, 08:36 PM

I've been so busy planning the cruise we just decided to book the other day, that I have neglected a lot of Intercot!

Oh Morgan, of course you've been missed! What cruise are you going on?

Nonsense! Emily had to go to bed, and then Emily had to work all day today where Emily has very limited access to INTERCOT! :(

Rhonda is in that very same boat.

I had leftovers. Did you have anything better?

Christine
01-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Do you remember what happened last time you had Starbucks at night??
What? :blush: :muscles: :bolt:

We should get another N. Texas meet together. The last one Rhonda and I did, it was just us!

I'm game. Ooooo, let's do Canton!!! :shop: ;)

Non fat no whip mocha anyone??? :coffee: :nudge:

DisneyDudet
01-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Oh Morgan, of course you've been missed! What cruise are you going on?

Thank you, Rhonda! I haven't talked to you much since we returned in Oct!!! How have you been?

We will be going on one of the special 4 day Wonder cruises this summer, with two calls at Castaway Cay! How magical is that? I want to become a DCL expert!!!

For dinner... dad made nachos and tortilla soup... tasty, and I'm stuffed!

What's for dessert?

DisneyDudet
01-08-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm game. Ooooo, let's do Canton!!! :shop: ;)

Oh dear.. We won't have enough money left for Disney! Besides, we're gonna hafta carpool, cuz I'm not gonna mess with that 1st Monday crowd! Wanna drive?

Caroleh
01-08-2008, 09:00 PM
I had leftovers. Did you have anything better?
We had chicken legs and scalloped potatoes. I'm married to a great cook!! Does anyone have any wine or dessert?

pogo
01-08-2008, 09:00 PM

Oh you've been missed..... I'm surprised you came back. Where you been ??

Pogo! For a man who loves life, you seem to suddenly have a death wish!
Naw.... I'm under cover :spy:

Sticks and stones..............Sure I still love you. Didn't you see the crystal National Championship trophy hanging around my neck ??? Until they come up with a better way, we like the present system. The only team to win two BCS Championships. Even the Associated Press finally wised up and admitted LSU is the best. Although one idiot sportswriter still had USC number one. Guess where he graduated.

I'd have to say Georgia. Oh... and West Virginia would also be considered. :thumbsup:

I'm in!!! I'd ask you, Christine, if you would come up here and help me pack, but I know the answer to that. If you did I'm pretty sure we could get a few people together to see you, perhaps a Pogo, Natalie, Jenn, Blythe. It could be worth it!!!

Nonsense! Emily had to go to bed, and then Emily had to work all day today where Emily has very limited access to INTERCOT!
And we welcome you back.. Are you sure you want to do this? :blush:

Anyone else staying at the world at that time?
I wish !:(

My daughter is getting the itch big time. A couple months off, that's all she needs. She's ready to get back to it.
They make a medicated powder to fix that ! :D

You just walked right into that one, didn't ya?

Oh yeah.... I did. :blush:

Dsnygirl
01-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Hi all!! I don't have as much computer access as I did last night (that's what happens when you put an RN all alone on the peaceful end of the floor w/ nobody to talk to...) Now, I'm down on the postpartum floor and it's busy, busy, busy. :(

Hi Morgan!! Of course you were missed!! And congrats on the cruise booking... maybe someday for us...
I'll be working tomorrow night, too, so maybe I'll see you here!! :thumbsup: What kind of floor do you work on again?

Anyone wanna watch Family Guy with me tonight?
Sorry... another one of those shows I just don't get...

Would you settle for these beauties? :bar:

Those turkey legs are too big for just 1 person.
Yes, please!!

Tell that to my DH.... ;)

Oops! Sorry Blythe! I meant to say, APs are the greatest things ever and can save you loads of money!!
Nice recovery!!! :D

Didn't Blythe one time say she actually LIKED packing??

That's right! In fact, when you have an AP, Disney pays YOU to go!
Yup!! Sick, I know... :blush:

Keep it up, guys... you're doing great!!

Some people have to work, you know...

Pogo, I WISH we could've been out on the course today. My daughter is getting the itch big time. A couple months off, that's all she needs. She's ready to get back to it.

You guys sound like Dan.... I think I can still hear him howling at the moon...

Hey Blythe, did you know that DVC members get a $100 discount on annual passes??? Nope, I'm not kidding....
When we went last October, we got an annual pass rate!

So - did everyone's keyboards cool off after the meltdown last night?
Another idea we're considering, down the road... LOVE OKW.... :blush:

I don't know about the keyboard I was using, but my fingers are still sore...

Anywho... looks like I will miss the JQ meet. I'm headed there in Jan for the Marathon. Unless I can take a break from training to come for a weekend.... if money permits...
C'mon... you know you wanna....

Non fat no whip mocha anyone???
Yes, please!! I've still got 10 hrs to go!! :eek:

Christine
01-08-2008, 09:17 PM
I don't have as much computer access as I did last night ... Now, I'm down on the postpartum floor and it's busy, busy, busy. :(

I don't get it...you're a labor and delivery nurse. They're postpartum...they're through with labor and they've delivered the baby...what do they need from you NOW??? geesh!

Beast_fanatic
01-08-2008, 09:17 PM
I haven't talked to you much since we returned in Oct!!! How have you been?

We will be going on one of the special 4 day Wonder cruises this summer, with two calls at Castaway Cay! How magical is that? I want to become a DCL expert!!!

For dinner... dad made nachos and tortilla soup... tasty, and I'm stuffed!

What's for dessert?

I haven't been on AIM much lately. It's been driving my computer crazy for some reason, so I haven't been bringing it up much.

I've been pretty good, thanks!

2 days at Castaway Cay would be great! When are you going?

Does your dad have a good torilla soup recipe? You ought to post it in the recipes thread in the water cooler if he does. :tasty:

Sorry, I don't have any dessert to offer unless you want a sugar free werther's candy.

Caroleh
01-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Hi all!! I don't have as much computer access as I did last night (that's what happens when you put an RN all alone on the peaceful end of the floor w/ nobody to talk to...) Now, I'm down on the postpartum floor and it's busy, busy, busy. :(

Don't you hear the keyboard down on the other end calling your name? I think it missed you.

Okay, I have a problem...I received in the mail today something from Reader Digest that said I was a finalist and can win $31,500 if I send back this form(it doesn't need my bank account# or any personal information) within seven days. All its going to cost me is a stamp. I know they'll hound me forever. Gilles says I have a horseshoe up a certian body part of mine, because I won a trip to WDW, $1000 at a work seminar, and $100 from McDonald's from a survey that I did. I did enter a contest with them. Do I send it back?

If I do win, I get my trip to WDW, my DVC and Gilles will get a different car. What would you do?

DisneyDudet
01-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Oh you've been missed..... I'm surprised you came back. Where you been ??

:

Oh, you know, Paris at DL... working my little behind off being a new charge nurse!

Hi Morgan!! Of course you were missed!! And congrats on the cruise booking... maybe someday for us...
I'll be working tomorrow night, too, so maybe I'll see you here!! :thumbsup: What kind of floor do you work on again?

C'mon... you know you wanna....

I work on a Progressive Care Unit its a step down ICU/tele floor. I prefer step down icu because that is the type of patients we get. I love it actually. Its a taste of the critically ill patient, with a nice balance of patients that aren't so acutely sick. Plus, yeah.. CHARGE NURSE... so not worth a buck more an hour. You agree with me?

And yes I DO wanna... but.. You wanna pay for my airfare? My dollar more an hour may not cut it!!

I haven't been on AIM much lately. It's been driving my computer crazy for some reason, so I haven't been bringing it up much.

I've been pretty good, thanks!

2 days at Castaway Cay would be great! When are you going?

Does your dad have a good torilla soup recipe? You ought to post it in the recipes thread in the water cooler if he does. :tasty:

Sorry, I don't have any dessert to offer unless you want a sugar free werther's candy.

We leave June 22 from Port Canaveral. We're flying in a day before and spending the night at the Hyatt MCO, and doing a day trip to DTD to shop and maybe hop on over to Poly for Dole Whips or Beach Club for BnC. That way we can relax the day before..well.. we relax!

Anyone want to come?? It would be great to see a friend there!

I will totally post his tortilla soup recipe. If you don't put any cheese or chips in it, it is ZERO points on WW. But, you know, what is tortilla soup without chips and cheese?

Dsnygirl
01-08-2008, 09:59 PM
I don't get it...you're a labor and delivery nurse. They're postpartum...they're through with labor and they've delivered the baby...what do they need from you NOW??? geesh!
Actually, I'm a float pool nurse, meaning I "float" between Labor & Delivery and Postpartum, depending on where they're busiest. So, some nights I'm catching babies, other nights I'm bathing them. Tonight, we were busier down here, although they're now bursting at the seams upstairs, too.

If I do win, I get my trip to WDW, my DVC and Gilles will get a different car. What would you do?
Send it in!! You're on a roll -- go for it!! (Did you do it yet?? :blush:)

Where are all you guys??? I'm lonely.... :(

Caroleh
01-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Send it in!! You're on a roll -- go for it!! (Did you do it yet?? :blush:)

I'll do it tomorrow after work..before class. Gilles said it won't hurt, so do it!!!

I'm here. It's been really quiet here, so I'm hiding here and VMK.

Where's Pogo and Dan,oops, Capt Jack, tonight?

Christine
01-08-2008, 10:15 PM

I'm right here! :here:

Where is the rest of the night shift?

Beast_fanatic
01-08-2008, 10:18 PM
I received in the mail today something from Reader Digest that said I was a finalist and can win $31,500 if I send back this form(it doesn't need my bank account# or any personal information) within seven days. All its going to cost me is a stamp. I know they'll hound me forever. Gilles says I have a horseshoe up a certian body part of mine, because I won a trip to WDW, $1000 at a work seminar, and $100 from McDonald's from a survey that I did. I did enter a contest with them. Do I send it back?

Well, if I had that kind of luck, I'd send it back!

Plus, yeah.. CHARGE NURSE... so not worth a buck more an hour. You agree with me?

We leave June 22 from Port Canaveral. We're flying in a day before and spending the night at the Hyatt MCO, and doing a day trip to DTD to shop and maybe hop on over to Poly for Dole Whips or Beach Club for BnC. That way we can relax the day before..well.. we relax!

Anyone want to come?? It would be great to see a friend there!

I will totally post his tortilla soup recipe. If you don't put any cheese or chips in it, it is ZERO points on WW. But, you know, what is tortilla soup without chips and cheese?

Charge nurse sounds like you got a promotion. Did you?

I'd love to come on the cruise, but it's so not in the budget this year. It's sounds amazing though!

I can't wait for the tortilla soup recipe. I'm sure it's yummy (particularly with the chips and cheese :blush: ). :thumbsup:

How can you be lonely? Morgan, Carol and I are here!

Dsnygirl
01-08-2008, 10:23 PM
I work on a Progressive Care Unit its a step down ICU/tele floor. I prefer step down icu because that is the type of patients we get. I love it actually. Its a taste of the critically ill patient, with a nice balance of patients that aren't so acutely sick. Plus, yeah.. CHARGE NURSE... so not worth a buck more an hour. You agree with me?

That sounds like a pretty interesting/intense job - but definitely not boring!! And I agree with you and the $1/hr charge nurse rate... TOTALLY not worth it. Luckily, as a FP nurse, I don't have to do charge, as they can "pull me" at will if they need me. :thumbsup:

CaptJack said he's tired and cranky and going to bed... rough day at work and not enough sleep... too much hanging out here with the night owls!! :blush:

I'm back... how was that latte?? Are you wired and ready to play all night??

I wasn't lonely with you here... just at the moment, as no one was around right then. :( Ask Dan - I definitely live "in the moment"!! :blush:

BronxTigger
01-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Just zooping in. I read through everything to catch up and there was a lot I wanted to respond to, but now I can't remember what it was. :doh:

Do you think it's maybe time I go get some sleep?

Sorry Blythe...I'd stay up to keep you company but I, too, have a job I need to keep.

Goodnight everybody!

Tink&Goofy
01-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Do you remember what happened last time you had Starbucks at night??:D

What? :blush: :muscles: :bolt:

I'm guessing its not decaf...:D

I love tortilla soup - Yum!

Actually, I'm a float pool nurse, meaning I "float" between Labor & Delivery and Postpartum, depending on where they're busiest. So, some nights I'm catching babies, other nights I'm bathing them. Tonight, we were busier down here, although they're now bursting at the seams upstairs, too.
You do realize don't you that if they are busy upstairs now, then you will be REALLY busy downstairs later?

DD13 is upstairs with a migraine. Poor thing. I'd feel even more sorry for her had she remembered to take her meds everyday to avoid these in the first place. Fortunately, this will jolt her back to reality, and she will take it religiously for a month or two!
So where has Jym been? Maybe the news of the new addition has been too much of a shock for him!

DisneyDudet
01-08-2008, 10:35 PM

I'm checking in! Gosh.. its going to be a long night. I'm already tired! I could go for some IV caffeine right about now. Got any?

Charge nurse sounds like you got a promotion. Did you?

I'd love to come on the cruise, but it's so not in the budget this year. It's sounds amazing though!

I can't wait for the tortilla soup recipe. I'm sure it's yummy (particularly with the chips and cheese :blush: ). :thumbsup:

Well... I guess you can consider it a promotion... in the world of floor nursing. Its MUCH more stressful. I hope tomorrow is nice, as its not my normal night. I switched because they didn't have a charge tomorrow night. I mean. I only have a year of experience under my belt, isn't that soon to charge? I think they picked me, as I'm a "yes ma'am" girl...

I will get my dad to write out the recipe.. its in his head.. thats probably what makes it so good!

And I think we need to plan an Intercot cruise... what do ya say?

That sounds like a pretty interesting/intense job - but definitely not boring!! And I agree with you and the $1/hr charge nurse rate... TOTALLY not worth it. Luckily, as a FP nurse, I don't have to do charge, as they can "pull me" at will if they need me. :thumbsup:

It is pretty intense at times, but it can be REALLY boring. I just like the fact that they don't have continuous dialysis and vents, but are still sick and have complicated things going on. I like that! Who doesn't?

I was going to do PP nursing... until I found out that my love for hearts is greater than that of a fundus and lochia. haha!

I will keep you all company until my eyes can't take it anymore...

Caroleh
01-08-2008, 10:45 PM
CaptJack said he's tired and cranky and going to bed... rough day at work and not enough sleep... too much hanging out here with the night owls!! :blush:

What is it with these men that they can't keep up with us? Is this why women can multi-task and men can't?

DisneyDudet
01-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Where did everybody go?

drummerboy
01-08-2008, 11:16 PM
concert band started back tonight, so I've been afk this evening. Anybody have any exceptionally good sugar-free chocolate chip cookies to share? This cutting back on sugar is getting to me.

ElenitaB
01-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Hey, everyone! I worked until 10, and I've been catching up ever since. Gosh, you guys write a lot. Any chance I can get you to write some articles for my newsletter? Just queue up and I'll give out the story assignments. (Pretty please with cookies on top?)

Speaking of cookies, I'm so tempted to throw some of those place and bake gingerbread cookies in the oven. They make the house smell soooooo good! But I'll hold off a day or two before I bake more.

Natalie! She was in town for a meeting, so we had a quick cuppa downstairs.
What shoes was she wearing? How did her interview thingie go?

So I shouldn't buy AP's if we go in April and plan to go in December ???? I'm sooo confused !:drama: Do I need help ?
Bottom line: will you be there more than 8 days? And I promise I'll behave and won't touch that second question. ;)

So - do I dare ask - anyone going to be around tonight with some (shhhh) cookies???
Not tonight... but tomorrow is a good possibility.

Anybody hear the score of the BCS Championship Game ???
Congrats, Frankie! Geaux, Tigers!

Morgan, you're doing the marathon? Really? You're my hero! :thumbsup:

So I'm guessing it would be a bad idea to mention that I'll probably go in May, too?
When in May? Because depending on the weekend, there might just be some other JQers around as well. :secret:

Make it decaf and I might even be convinced to make those cookies tonight.

We had chicken legs and scalloped potatoes. I'm married to a great cook!! Does anyone have any wine or dessert?
Sure, I have a few bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon here that are aging nicely since I can't drink right now.

Okay, I have a problem...I received in the mail today something from Reader Digest that said I was a finalist and can win $31,500 if I send back this form(it doesn't need my bank account# or any personal information) within seven days. All its going to cost me is a stamp.
They do that in Canada too? Don't do it unless you LIKE your mailbox full of junk mail and daily offers of magazines you don't want.

Tomato soup? Please do post the recipe though. I think me and Jenny are splitting up and I'll be going back to WW.

I second that motion!

Well, we hit a milestone in our house tonight. I guess you haven't lived until your kid rolls his/her eyes at you and asks "What did they teach you when you were in school?" So I didn't know three kinds of rays to help DS with his math homework. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Enjoying Family Guy, Christine?

Will y'all forgive me if I decide to get some sleep tonight? Five hours really isn't enough for an old thing like me. I fell asleep for a bit during a webinar today. :blush:

DisneyDudet
01-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Morgan, you're doing the marathon? Really? You're my hero! :thumbsup:

Tomato soup? Please do post the recipe though. I think me and Jenny are splitting up and I'll be going back to WW.

I second that motion!

Yeah, my dad is turning 50 and that is what he wants to do. I want to do it to, mainly for the Mickey shaped medal!

The tortilla soup is mainly veggies like zuchinni, corn, tomatoes, mushrooms (ew). There's rice in there and the base is chicken stalk (sp?). You add spices until its ripe (meaning spicy!). I will get a real recipe in there. Mom and dad are on WW, and that is were we got the basic recipe, but he's changed it so much!!

And we should TOTALLY do a cruise meet.. I mean.. whats better.. the ocean, Disney, mickey, AWESOME FOOD!!!???

If only a dole whip was included...

*sigh* Why do these dreams come to me? I wish they would come true!

Christine
01-08-2008, 11:54 PM
Enjoying Family Guy, Christine?

I did! :blush: It's one of my guilty pleasures! It's in such bad taste...

Now I'm watching Will and Grace!

I'm getting sleepy. All you guys with your "decaf" coffee :rolleyes: Let's pump in the real stuff, huh? Come on...

Morgan, is tortilla soup the same as taco soup? (You may not yet know that I am not a big cook! :blush: )

Beast_fanatic
01-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Is it bedtime already? :(

Have a good night, everyone!

Dsnygirl
01-09-2008, 01:29 AM
You do realize don't you that if they are busy upstairs now, then you will be REALLY busy downstairs later?

Yup -- but I brought my rollerskates... :roller:

I'm in!! But... can we make it a few years from now so I can save up??? :blush:

Where did everybody go?
Sorry... 11p-1a is my busy time down here. Moms to see, babies to weigh and wash... now it's break time!! :thumbsup:

Where'd you all go???

concert band started back tonight, so I've been afk this evening.
Anybody have any exceptionally good sugar-free chocolate chip cookies to share? This cutting back on sugar is getting to me.
What's "afk"??

Not yet... haven't gotten into the "cutting back" mode yet. Maybe next week... :blush:

Hey, everyone! I worked until 10, and I've been catching up ever since. Gosh, you guys write a lot. Any chance I can get you to write some articles for my newsletter? Just queue up and I'll give out the story assignments. (Pretty please with cookies on top?)

Not a problem!! I love to write... just send 'em my way!! :)

And we should TOTALLY do a cruise meet.. I mean.. whats better.. the ocean, Disney, mickey, AWESOME FOOD!!!???

If only a dole whip was included...

No dole whip?? I'm out... :blush:

Sigh... I guess I'm the last one around tonight... T&G, are you still out there?? Hello?
Hello?? :cry:

Tink&Goofy
01-09-2008, 01:49 AM
Sigh... I guess I'm the last one around tonight... T&G, are you still out there?? Hello?
Hello?? :cry:
I'm here for just a quick zoop in! I've been scouring the net for good airfare for March. I just refuse to pay $400-500 per person - especially when I have to pay for 5!! On the flip side, I have DVC points that I would need to use by Feb 09 - so I got time!

So how many babies tonight?

disneydeb
01-09-2008, 06:09 AM

Well, I just have one but he was down at nine, up at twelve, up at three. Grandma couldn't go back to sleep after that so I am up doing laundry and getting ready for school.

,how do I stay awake at work?:D

pogo
01-09-2008, 07:27 AM
Good morning all. You ladies sure talked up a storm last night. Everybody rearing to go this morning ?? Coffee's on and I have freah baked cinnamon rolls on the counter for you. :D

Where are all you guys??? I'm lonely....
Watching the New Hampshire Primary results on CNN. Do you follow politics ? :sick:

Read above.

CaptJack said he's tired and cranky and going to bed... rough day at work and not enough sleep... too much hanging out here with the night owls!!
I told him he should have played golf today !:D

Bottom line: will you be there more than 8 days? And I promise I'll behave and won't touch that second question. Thank you ! :D

I have DVC points that I would need to use by Feb 09
I can take care of some of those points for you. How many do you have ?? :blush:

Well, I just have one but he was down at nine, up at twelve, up at three. Grandma couldn't go back to sleep after that so I am up doing laundry and getting ready for school.
That's my Sis....... or should I call her "Super Sis" ? :D

drummerboy
01-09-2008, 07:49 AM
What's "afk"??
afk=away from keyboard. A little carryover from VMK (virtual Magic Kingdom). :blush:

Everybody up and at 'em? I know Pogo is--Hi Buddy. I'm off to a breakfast hosted by one of the title insurance companies. Hard to resist free food isn't it?

Caroleh
01-09-2008, 08:28 AM
They do that in Canada too? Don't do it unless you LIKE your mailbox full of junk mail and daily offers of magazines you don't want.

Only thing up here is that we don't pay taxes on the winnings. The good thing is with the junk mail is we move in about 60 days. Up here to get your mail forwarded to your new address you have to pay and it's only 2-3 months..Jenn, Natalie correct me if I'm wrong.

Boy, for some reason I got my days messed up yesterday and I was thinking today is Thursday instead of Wednesday.:doh: My bellydance class is tomorrow night. Tonight I have to work the night shift with my problem employee, which I think I need to talk to my boss about what to do with her(writing her up).

SO, what are we all doing today besides work? I'm doing laundry.

alpro2
01-09-2008, 08:42 AM

A little giddy aren't we, Bladder Babe?

SO, Alex, are you planning a WDW trip in Dec. also?
Can't commit to anything yet. Lot's of stuff happening in 2008, so I have to play it by ear for the time being.

Non fat no whip mocha anyone???
What's up with the girly-girl drink?

Actually, I'm a float pool nurse, meaning I "float" between Labor & Delivery and Postpartum, depending on where they're busiest.

So, you are like a floater in the pool? :D

What is it with these men that they can't keep up with us? Is this why women can multi-task and men can't?
:blah: :blah: :blah: Get it yet? :D

disneydrmr
01-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Morning all! I just can't keep up with you night owls! You guys must live on caffeine in order to be up at work during the day and then stay on the computer half the night... wow.

So, what's on the agenda today?

Carol - DON"T send in that sweepstake... I did it in the past and they will BOMBARD you with mail! I kept getting more and more letters with them needing me to send in this one more form, this one more paper.. all with enclosers wanting me to buy more magazines and other stuff. Very annoying!

Hey Ken! Could you please bring back several doggie bags from that free breakfast? Fill mine up with sausage, eggs, biscuits and bacon please! My tummy is already growling... and all I have for my lunch is one of those small 150 calorie Lean Cuisine meals...

ElenitaB
01-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Good morning, everyone! Gosh, JQ comes with the promise of breakfast today! Thanks, Patti, for the fresh-baked cinnamon rolls. (You didn't make them, did you, Pogo?)

Hope everyone has a FABULOUS day! :D See ya later!

Caroleh
01-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Carol - DON"T send in that sweepstake... I did it in the past and they will BOMBARD you with mail! I kept getting more and more letters with them needing me to send in this one more form, this one more paper.. all with enclosers wanting me to buy more magazines and other stuff. Very annoying!

Thanks Diane and Ellen, I think I won't send it back. I was very skepital when I first got it. I think Gilles was seing a new car and I want to go to WDW SO bad. I'm starting to think maybe if I save my $$$ really well I might be able to go in Feb '09 for Gilles birthday. I was willing to go to a mod, but he wants WL.

Thanks, Patti, for the fresh-baked cinnamon rolls. (You didn't make them, did you, Pogo?)

Pogo bake? :haha: :rotfl::funny: Wait, maybe that was why he was offering them to us.

disneydrmr
01-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks, Patti, for the fresh-baked cinnamon rolls. (You didn't make them, did you, Pogo?)

Pogo bake? :haha: :rotfl::funny: Wait, maybe that was why he was offering them to us.

Anyone wanna play some ice hockey? :puck: We obviously have a nice stash of hockey pucks! :D

dlpmikki
01-09-2008, 10:34 AM
I'm starting to think maybe if I save my $$$ really well I might be able to go in Feb '09 for Gilles birthday. I was willing to go to a mod, but he wants WL.

How about renting DVC points to stay at VWL - that could be cheaper? But then again it could get you hooked!:thedolls:

I can see sunshine outside but it is also blowing a gale and clouds/rain keep blowing in on it. I think January could be a good time to be in Disney!

pogo
01-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Good morning, everyone! Gosh, JQ comes with the promise of breakfast today! Thanks, Patti, for the fresh-baked cinnamon rolls. (You didn't make them, did you, Pogo?)
I sure did, thank you very much. Haven't you all heard I'm a good cook ??? Really ! :D

Pogo bake?
Sure enough ! I baked. :D

Anyone wanna play some ice hockey? :puck: We obviously have a nice stash of hockey pucks!

Got to go to work..... eat them or not.... it will leave more for me when I get home tonight !

:fresh:

Caroleh
01-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Sure enough ! I baked. :D

From scratch, frozen or a can?

Thanks, Mikki for the suggestion. This move is costing us. If it wasn't for the fact that we need furniture it wouldn't be so bad. I think I could live with the mis-matched dishes and kitchen items until we have more money. We want to cut down on the credit card use, which means we pay cash for what we want. We've both have become really good savers.

My "I wants" are getting stronger then the "I need". I have to decide which voice to listen to.

drummerboy
01-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Hey Ken! Could you please bring back several doggie bags from that free breakfast? Fill mine up with sausage, eggs, biscuits and bacon please! My tummy is already growling... and all I have for my lunch is one of those small 150 calorie Lean Cuisine meals...
I was a bad boy--had a cinnamon bun with lots of icing along with my coffee. Prabably less calories than the egg and cheese wrap though. I started out the door with the doggie bags, but there were some doggies hanging out around the doorway and... Sorry.

How's hump day going for everybody?

Alex, you're bad, that's all there is to it (floater).

DisneyDudet
01-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Morgan, is tortilla soup the same as taco soup? (You may not yet know that I am not a big cook! :blush: )

Well, in my experience, taco soup is thicker, with taco meat. This is a veggie soup, with mexican spices, that you put tortilla chips in. You can put chicken in it, but we choose not to. Its VERY simple to make, and I will let everyone know when I post the recipe.

In regards to the Cruise, I guess we can hold off on it for a few years, but yall gotta save!!!! How does that sound?

Sorry I left yall so fast last night. I was tired. Now I have to find some way to sleep today so I won't be a grouch tonight!

alpro2
01-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Alex, you're bad, that's all there is to it (floater).
I know, I know....but people are starting to think that I am getting soft in my old age. Still want them to know that it is the same lovable me! :D

These days hump day is like any other day to me.

What shall I have for lunch?

Caroleh
01-09-2008, 11:35 AM
I know, I know....but people are starting to think that I am getting soft in my old age. Still want them to know that it is the same lovable me! :D

You're old?

Food?

disneydrmr
01-09-2008, 12:18 PM
I can see sunshine outside but it is also blowing a gale and clouds/rain keep blowing in on it. I think January could be a good time to be in Disney!

We had high winds last night... even a tornado watch. Weird weather for January. And isn't ANY month a good time to be in Disney?

From scratch, frozen or a can?

My "I wants" are getting stronger then the "I need". I have to decide which voice to listen to.

You forgot one - the local bakery perhaps?

And just how many voices are you hearing? Do any of them sound like Pogo or Alex? If so my suggestion would be to ignore them and get ear plugs! :D

I was a bad boy--had a cinnamon bun with lots of icing along with my coffee. Prabably less calories than the egg and cheese wrap though. I started out the door with the doggie bags, but there were some doggies hanging out around the doorway and... Sorry.

Hey - how much were those doggies in the doorway?

I was tired. Now I have to find some way to sleep today so I won't be a grouch tonight!

Have you tried lying down and closing your eyes? :D

I know, I know....but people are starting to think that I am getting soft in my old age. Still want them to know that it is the same lovable me!

Lovable? :confused: :D

How about a three way chili spaghetti from Gold Star Chili?

Christine
01-09-2008, 12:34 PM
afk=away from keyboard. A little carryover from VMK (virtual Magic Kingdom). :blush:
Geek alert! ;)

A little giddy aren't we, Bladder Babe?

No! A LOT giddy! :D

What's up with the girly-girl drink?

Hellooooo! :confused: I'm a girly-girl!

So, you are like a floater in the pool? :D

I tried to get on to you for this one, but it's just too funny! Good show, little al!!

I can see sunshine outside but it is also blowing a gale and clouds/rain keep blowing in on it.
:hi: Mikki! Long time no see!

I tried to decide on my "I need" voice, but the "I want" voice shot it then held the gun to my head! :gangster: :blush:

Well, in my experience, taco soup is thicker, with taco meat. This is a veggie soup, with mexican spices, that you put tortilla chips in. You can put chicken in it, but we choose not to. Its VERY simple to make, and I will let everyone know when I post the recipe.

Thank you!

BTW, Al, what 'big things' are happening in '08??

DisneyDudet
01-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Have you tried lying down and closing your eyes? :D

Well.. a little hard when I pretty much slept all night by accident! Man, you're feisty! What side of the bed did YOU wake up on?

drummerboy
01-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Geek alert! ;)

No, I've got Scottish, English, Irish and sumthin' else, but no Geek. Maybe a little Danish. :D

How can I brag about our southern weather if everybody else is in the 60s and 70s?

dlpmikki
01-09-2008, 02:23 PM
No, I've got Scottish, English, Irish and sumthin' else, but no Geek. Maybe a little Danish. :D

How can I brag about our southern weather if everybody else is in the 60s and 70s?

Is your English bit the old fashioned bit? ;)

Mickey'sGirl
01-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Up here to get your mail forwarded to your new address you have to pay and it's only 2-3 months..Jenn, Natalie correct me if I'm wrong.It's a service you have to pay for.... it's about $75 for 12 months. We still have our mail forwarded from the old house (paid for 24 months). We want to make sure we have all of our little slips etc. come tax time!:thumbsup:

Hope everyone has a FABULOUS day! :D See ya later!:hi: Hey Ellen! Happy Wednesday!

Anyone wanna play some ice hockey? :puck: We obviously have a nice stash of hockey pucks! :DWE could use them! The boys got a regulation net for Christmas from my mom......there's a lot of shootin' going on!

I can see sunshine outside but it is also blowing a gale and clouds/rain keep blowing in on it.Gale force winds here too Mikki! Crazy Greenhouse effect!

We want to cut down on the credit card use, which means we pay cash for what we want. That's how we've been for the past few years. It really makes a difference is both what you purchase, and how much is left after the fact!

Did anyone volunteer to bring my coffee tomorrow? :coffee:

ElenitaB
01-09-2008, 02:46 PM
How about a three way chili spaghetti from Gold Star Chili?
Sounds good. You buying (and shipping)?

I'll bring the coffee in the AM and maybe even make pancakes. I don't have to leave for the hospital until 9:20 and it will be nice to have some time in the AM. So do you prefer pancakes or waffles?

pogo
01-09-2008, 03:39 PM
You have voices in your head ???? I knew you were :crazy:.... but now voices ??? :blush:
Poor Gilles !

I'll bring the coffee in the AM and maybe even make pancakes. I don't have to leave for the hospital until 9:20 and it will be nice to have some time in the AM. So do you prefer pancakes or waffles?From scratch or frozen ? :D

disneydrmr
01-09-2008, 03:59 PM
BTW, Al, what 'big things' are happening in '08??

:whisper: psssttt... you don't think he's getting married do you?

Well.. a little hard when I pretty much slept all night by accident! Man, you're feisty! What side of the bed did YOU wake up on?

I always wake up on the right side... unless you are outside of the bed looking at it, then it's the left side. But, how do you sleep by accident?

You can brag to me... our temps are only in the 50s...

Did anyone volunteer to bring my coffee tomorrow? :coffee:

I would LOVE to bring you some coffee tomorrow... but I'd get a point for missing work, and it's just a bit too early in the year to start accumulating points... could I fax a cup of coffee to you?

Sounds good. You buying (and shipping)?

I'll bring the coffee in the AM and maybe even make pancakes. I don't have to leave for the hospital until 9:20 and it will be nice to have some time in the AM. So do you prefer pancakes or waffles?

:plot: Be watching your mailbox!!!! (buwahaha)

How about some peach crepes... can you make crepes?

dlpmikki
01-09-2008, 04:00 PM
This is totally off topic but is one of the reasons I have not been around much lately. Those of you who got my Christmas letter may remember that I had been to visit my cousin in the year. We had lost contact over the years so it was a delight to meet up again. I had been admiring from a distance when she set up some very successful retail stores across the country but it was great to finally catch up in person.

Unfortunately she had cancer but was half way through a treatment that held out hope and she was very positive about it all. She looked remarkably well. Just before Christmas I was given the sad news that she had died. When I read some of the comments about her on the Internet I realised she was even more impressive than I realised.

She was seen as one of the top female retailers in the UK and had been involved in andraised over a million pounds for UNICEF. I found out just before last weeks funeral that she had been awarded an OBE in the New Years Honours list. Thankfully she had known about it but unfortunately was not able to collect it in person.

After the funeral there was a reception where champagne was used to toast to celebrate her life. She will be missed.

I just wanted to share a little bit with you about my cousin, Alison Richards.

Anyone want to join me in a toast to family and friends who are gone but not forgotten?

drummerboy
01-09-2008, 05:01 PM
This is totally off topic but is one of the reasons I have not been around much lately. Those of you who got my Christmas letter may remember that I had been to visit my cousin in the year. We had lost contact over the years so it was a delight to meet up again. I had been admiring from a distance when she set up some very successful retail stores across the country but it was great to finally catch up in person.

Unfortunately she had cancer but was half way through a treatment that held out hope and she was very positive about it all. She looked remarkably well. Just before Christmas I was given the sad news that she had died. When I read some of the comments about her on the Internet I realised she was even more impressive than I realised.

She was seen as one of the top female retailers in the UK and had been involved in andraised over a million pounds for UNICEF. I found out just before last weeks funeral that she had been awarded an OBE in the New Years Honours list. Thankfully she had known about it but unfortunately was not able to collect it in person.

After the funeral there was a reception where champagne was used to toast to celebrate her life. She will be missed.

Anyone want to join me in a toast to family and friends who are gone but not forgotten?
:marg: :marg: clink.

I'm sorry for your loss Mikki.

Can somebody please help me look for my question jar?

Dsnygirl
01-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Hi guys!! Hope you're all having a good day... mine are beginning to blend, as they do when I work three in a row. Thank goodness, tonight's the last of the three!! I have a class to go to tomorrow evening from 7p-11p, but at least I can look forward to coming home and sleeping at night!

Anybody else still having this crazy wind?? They predicted 50-60 mph winds today, and it is blowing like crazy out there. I was happy to see my girls made it home from school and didn't end up in Kansas!! :fan:

We had lots... I'm imagining the floor will be pretty busy when I get there tonight, too.

Watching the New Hampshire Primary results on CNN. Do you follow politics?

I was watching them too, at work... :sick:

Thanks for the cinnamon rolls... they were delish!!

Tonight I have to work the night shift with my problem employee, which I think I need to talk to my boss about what to do with her(writing her up).

So - I have to ask - what do you do on the night shift at a fabric store???

Can't commit to anything yet. Lot's of stuff happening in 2008, so I have to play it by ear for the time being.

So, you are like a floater in the pool?

Like what???? Inquiring minds want to know... :D

Let me guess... you're one of those guys who yells "doodie!!!!" every time you hear the music from the Nutcracker Waltz.... :shake:

Sigh.... us too. But this year, I'm determined that the "I need" voices are going to win... primarily because "I need" them to!! ;) Then the "I want" can have a hayday in WDW.... :blush:

How's hump day going for everybody?

I'll let you know tomorrow morning...

Did anyone volunteer to bring my coffee tomorrow?
I wish, but the need for sleep won out... :(

This is totally off topic but is one of the reasons I have not been around much lately...
... I just wanted to share a little bit with you about my cousin, Alison Richards.

Absolutely, Mikki... I'm so sorry to hear she passed away. :( She sounded like a remarkable woman!!

Christine
01-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Mikki, I'm sorry about you loss! :(
Sounds like she truly was remarkable, God bless her!

What's for dinner tonite?

alpro2
01-09-2008, 05:35 PM

:whistle: (I am not confirming or denying anything.)

So sorry for your loss Mikki.

Let me guess... you're one of those guys who yells "doodie!!!!" every time you hear the music from the Nutcracker Waltz....

Am I really that transparent? :D

Dsnygirl
01-09-2008, 06:08 PM
What's for dinner tonite?
:( Not sure... Dan and the girls are headed to McD's and I'm on my own... cereal??? I'll probably get something @ work... who's having something yummy I can pretend is mine??? :blush:

Am I really that transparent? :D
C'mon.... you know you wanna... ;)

And yes, yes you are... esp. since I live with someone who does the same thing EVERY TIME... :D What is it with you guys and that scene???

pjbs35a
01-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbs35a

I'd have to say Georgia. Oh... and West Virginia would also be considered.

Georgia ??? A team that could not even win their own conference ??? And don't get me started on West Virginia.

Emily
01-09-2008, 07:53 PM

Are we invited to the wedding? :D And I don't even really know you, the nerve huh? :blush:

:hi: Alex, I'm Emily! I know I said hi to you at the Illuminations meet, and I'm standing sort of near you in the big INTERCOT meet photo!

Not exactly champagne, Mikki, but I'll raise a toast. :marg: I'm so sorry about this sad news, but it's great that her accomplishments are so celebrated.

What is it with you guys and that scene???

OK you lost me Blythe... what movie/show are you referring to? And here I thought I knew a lot about pop culture. ;) (And yes, I've seen more movies than Christine, I'm not as bad as her, I promise! :fresh: )

alpro2
01-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Are we invited to the wedding? :D And I don't even really know you, the nerve huh? :blush:

:hi: Alex, I'm Emily! I know I said hi to you at the Illuminations meet, and I'm standing sort of near you in the big INTERCOT meet photo!

OK you lost me Blythe... what movie/show are you referring to? And here I thought I knew a lot about pop culture. ;) (And yes, I've seen more movies than Christine, I'm not as bad as her, I promise! :fresh: )
Hi Emily,how are you? :hi: I did not say anything about a wedding, did I? (;))

What movie??? Why, Caddie Shack of course!

Emily
01-09-2008, 08:17 PM
What movie??? Why, Caddie Shack of course!

Oh wow, boy do I feel like an idiot! :blush: I have seen bits and pieces of that so many times (obviously not that part!) but I have yet to watch the whole thing all the way through. Guess I need to sit down and do that huh?

Christine
01-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Are we invited to the wedding?

:shrug: Okay, I'm lost. I thought little al and Maria were already married :confused: Let's see, and I've been here HOW many years? Well, if they're not married, you know what THAT means! There's still time! RUN, MARIA, RUN!! :bolt:

Dsnygirl
01-09-2008, 08:32 PM
(And yes, I've seen more movies than Christine, I'm not as bad as her, I promise!)
It's probably not too hard to have seen more (good :fresh:) movies than her!! :D :D

Oh wow, boy do I feel like an idiot! :blush: I have seen bits and pieces of that so many times (obviously not that part!) but I have yet to watch the whole thing all the way through. Guess I need to sit down and do that huh?
Normally, I'd say no -- those "cult" movies usually aren't that funny to me... but "Caddie Shack" is definitely a favorite!! My DH can quote the whole thing, I swear....

:shrug: Okay, I'm lost. I thought little al and Maria were already married Let's see, and I've been here HOW many years? Well, if they're not married, you know what THAT means! There's still time! RUN, MARIA, RUN!! :bolt:
:rotfl: (Although by now, I'm sure she knows what she's gotten herself into, green tube top, heels & all.... and Alex?? He knows how lucky he is, I'm sure!! :D Who else wouldn't mind sharing their clothes with their SO???)

alpro2
01-09-2008, 08:42 PM
:shrug: Okay, I'm lost. I thought little al and Maria were already married :confused: Let's see, and I've been here HOW many years? Well, if they're not married, you know what THAT means! There's still time! RUN, MARIA, RUN!! :bolt:
What's your name sweatheart, do you have any idea? :shake:

Beast_fanatic
01-09-2008, 08:52 PM
OK, I haven't read through today's posts yet, but I had to come ask something first.

When you guys did the little "remodel" while we were at Disney World in October, did you intentionally put a lake under the kitchen sink?

Christine
01-09-2008, 08:53 PM
(And yes, I've seen more movies than Christine, I'm not as bad as her, I promise! :fresh: )

It's probably not too hard to have seen more (good :fresh:) movies than her!! :D :D

Okay, that one's gonna cost ya!

How come I can come up with questions all day long UNTIL I sit down to post here???

Christine
01-09-2008, 08:56 PM
What's your name sweatheart, do you have any idea? :shake: Apparently not :confused: :shrug:

OK, I haven't read through today's posts yet, but I had to come ask something first.

When you guys did the little "remodel" while we were at Disney World in October, did you intentionally put a lake under the kitchen sink?
Oooo, Rhonda. That can't be good! Was the lake by any chance made of rootbeer and melted vanilla ice cream? :beer: :spy:

pjbs35a
01-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Was the lake by any chance made of rootbeer and melted vanilla ice cream? :beer: :spy:

Who said the code word :spy: ???

disneydrmr
01-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Good evening... anyone here to keep me company?

Christine
01-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Hi Di! What are you doing here at night?? Good to see you!

pogo
01-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Georgia ??? A team that could not even win their own conference ??? And don't get me started on West Virginia.
Why not ? So you think a system that say's this team and that team play for a championship is a good system ??:confused: They should at least have the top 8 or 10 teams have a playoff.

Anyone want to join me in a toast to family and friends who are gone but not forgotten? Here, here. :marg::marg:
I'm sorry for your loss, Dutchess.

When you guys did the little "remodel" while we were at Disney World in October, did you intentionally put a lake under the kitchen sink?It was Kens fault ! :D

Nope ! :D

disneydrmr
01-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Hi Di! What are you doing here at night?? Good to see you!

Well.. dh ain't talking to me... he's gone on to bed, pouting... so I'm in the living room with my doggies and thought I'd drop in here to have some real conversation!

Are you watching Country Bears on Disney Channel?

drummerboy
01-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Ummm, wasn't Pogo in charge of interior landscaping?

disneydrmr
01-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Here, here. :marg::marg:
I'm sorry for your loss, Dutchess.

Nope ! :D

Oops.. overlooked your post Mikki.. I"m sorry.. and I'm very sorry for your loss. I lost an aunt to cancer a week before Christmas.. makes the holidays rather rough. Your cousin sounds like she was a very special person and I'm sure she will always be remembered with love and respect!

Nope? Hmmmm.... if there's no one here to keep me company then who am I gonna share this fudge and these cookies with?

Christine
01-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Well.. dh ain't talking to me... he's gone on to bed, pouting... so I'm in the living room with my doggies and thought I'd drop in here to have some real conversation!

Are you watching Country Bears on Disney Channel?

Oooo, sorry!

And NO I am not watching Country Bears on Disney Channel! I cannot stand some of the messages in that movie! :rant::down:
Why don't they ask me about these things first?

disneydrmr
01-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Ummm, wasn't Pogo in charge of interior landscaping?

Yeah... I think that lake was suppossed to go underneath the BATHROOM sink.. NOT the kitchen one! :D (hmmm... do you think Rhonda was trying to tell us that she has a leak in her sink and maybe we shouldn't be making light of it?)

Oooo, sorry!

And NO I am not watching Country Bears on Disney Channel! I cannot stand some of the messages in that movie! :rant::down:

I wouldn't be watching it either but there's nothing else on. I was watching Ghost Hunters (never watched it before but heard they were in town this week exploring/investigating the Air Force Museum) so I wanted to see what they were all about... the show started freaking me out so I had to turn it off.

Christine
01-09-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm watching Super Nanny. How do people live this way? I can't imagine!

disneydrmr
01-09-2008, 09:25 PM

Shoot! I forgot that was on! Thanks for saying something! I've switched over to it now. I agree. It's amazing how horrid some of these kids are. I think that boy needs a good spanking! How can parents raise their kids like that?

BronxTigger
01-09-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm watching Super Nanny now too!

I'm going to do Habitat for Humanity in a couple weeks out in Brooklyn with some friends.

Who came up with the idea that EVERY post must have a question?

Dsnygirl
01-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Okay, that one's gonna cost ya!

I figured, but I couldn't resist.... :blush:

Who said the code word :spy: ???
Wow!! Impressively quick reaction!! Were you :lurk: ???

Off and on... we are buried... I think all the heavy winds blew all the moms-to-be right to our front door!! Every bed we empty fills right up just as fast!! :dizzy:

You should hear some of the folks that come in here... :shake:

I'm going to do Habitat for Humanity in a couple weeks out in Brooklyn with some friends.

That's awesome... I would LOVE to do something like that, esp. as my girls get older & I can take them.... :thumbsup:

How's everyone tonight???

Christine
01-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Ever had those nights where you get the munchies something fierce? Man, that's me tonight! It's pretty sad when you look in the pantry and wonder what you could make with bisquick and fruit roll ups!

CaptJackSparrow
01-09-2008, 10:24 PM

:blah: :blah: :blah: Get it yet? :D
Thanks Alex, I couldn't have said it better...:thumbsup:

I told him he should have played golf today !:D
Definitely...our consultant is a pretty good guy, largely because he comes in and whacks some sense into our owner. Only problem is trying to get some productive time for our department. Oh well...

Let me guess... you're one of those guys who yells "doodie!!!!" every time you hear the music from the Nutcracker Waltz.... :shake:

Normally, I'd say no -- those "cult" movies usually aren't that funny to me... but "Caddie Shack" is definitely a favorite!! My DH can quote the whole thing, I swear....
So, did you get a free bowl of soup with that hat? :D

Tink&Goofy
01-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Did anybody notice Christine's "Next up" in her signature? Man, Disney is going to lose money on her AP!! :funny: