PDA

View Full Version : Water Parks Preganant?

KAT1811
12-31-2007, 11:43 PM
Has anyone ever been to the water parks while pregnant? DH and I are planning our 4th child and if all goes well I should be pregnant on our next trip. We usually go to the water parks for a day or two and I was wondering if there is anything I could do pregnant? I plan on spending most of my time at the children's areas with the little ones but our oldest is 11 and I was wondering if there is anything I could do with her?

I was thinking that the lazy river and the snorkling (TL) might be possible.

I am not one to take risks while preganant so slides and raft rides are certainly out of the question but I was wondering if I was forgetting about anything passive.

I would be (at the most) 3 months pregnant.

DDBird
01-01-2008, 09:27 AM
I did the water park while pregnant a coupl of years ago. I pretty much stuck to Meltaway Creek. My DD was 9 at the time so there was no need for me to be in the kiddie area but I think you have the right idea. If i remember correctly everything else is geared towards speed and thrills.
BTW - as someone who lives on an Island - stay away from the wave pool at TL. The waves can easily knock you off your feet.

tinklover
01-01-2008, 10:49 AM
you have the right idea just stick with teh kiddie area and the lazy river and i don;t see how snorkeling could hurt anything.

dmosher
01-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Stick to the passive stuff, but be warned, the Snorkeling area is salt water and very VERY cold. Probably not the best idea for you to do that. I have had a significant amount of medical training (paramedic) and have delivered a few babies years ago. I would just avoid this one, it will not be comfortable and could make for a very difficult night afterwards.
:pipes:
D

KAT1811
01-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Stick to the passive stuff, but be warned, the Snorkeling area is salt water and very VERY cold. Probably not the best idea for you to do that. I have had a significant amount of medical training (paramedic) and have delivered a few babies years ago. I would just avoid this one, it will not be comfortable and could make for a very difficult night afterwards.
:pipes:
D

I was wondering if the extremely cold water would affect me. To be on the safe side I will most likely spend my day in the kiddie areas and the lazy rivers. No need to take any chances, it's not like we won't be back soon enough!!!