PDA

View Full Version : Special Birthday Dining Feedback Wanted

KAT1811
12-31-2007, 11:04 PM
Okay the last couple of times we've been to WDW we've had the dining plan and I loved it but DH isn't too fond of it so this trip we are going to try it his way and go without the DDP. He says that he doesn't want to be obligated to so many meals. That being said there are some meals that we would like to do just not one a day like we usually do. On this last trip we felt like we were constantly running :bolt: to make an ADR (we did travel with about 15 people and it was crazy getting everyone together to go just about anywhere.) On this trip it is going to be just DH, the children, and myself (our first family trip alone). :cloud9: Here is what I was thinking and I would love some feedback. :listen: Part of me feels like we are missing so many good meals but I too would like to be a little less restrained.

We are planning to stay at the GF in November; does anyone know how booked the cafe gets for breakfast and dinner? I was wondering if we would be able to get a morning table if we just felt like breakfast there one morning or do they book up quickly and there will be no hope without an ADR? :confused:

Here are my very premature dining plans (I'll most likely make about a thousand changes before they are finalized): :crazy:

11/6 - (arrival day; no dining plans) We are planning a late afternoon flight so that DD can go to school this day and only miss the last hour or so)

11/7 - (Magic Kingdom) I figure we will grab breakfast on Main Street and do some counter service for lunch/dinner.

11/8 - (Epcot) Tutto Italia (our first time under new management)

11/9 - (Pool/Water Park) California Grill (DD#3's 2nd birthday) Any info as to what we could do special here? Is there anything that the restaurant does? :birthday:

11/10 - (Animal Kingdom) No dining plans. Maybe head to DTD after the park closes and eat there.

11/11 - (Pool/Water Park) Yachtsman Steakhouse (our first time dining here. DH and I love a great steak. DD#2's 4th birthday. Maybe pop into Epcot for some fireworks or walk the Boardwalk after dinner) I'd really like some feedback about this one especially about celebrating special occasions here. :birthday:

11/12 - (Disney Studios) No dining plans. We traditionally have breakfast at starring rolls and pick all day.

11/13 - (Epcot) 1900 Park Fare Dinner. We really like the buffet here and it is in our hotel. Most likely we will head to the beach after to see the EWP.

11/14 - (Pool/Water Park) 'Ohana dinner.

11/15 - (Magic Kingdom) Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast (a must with 3 DDs).

11/16 - Travel day. Maybe grab breakfast at the Cafe if possible.

WOW!!! Talk about long winded. I'm really looking forward to your feedback! Happy New Year everyone!!! :newyear:

ElenitaB
01-01-2008, 12:10 PM
First of all, happy new year!

My immediate reaction is that the Dining Plan would still work for your family. The TS choices that you mention are mostly 2TS credits each; considering that you aren't planning on a TS each day, that would work out great for you.

Our experience with breakfast resort dining is that you can generally "get in" with no problem. The exception to that would be the restaurants that are character meals. We've never stayed at the GF, but when we stay at the Boardwalk, I'll call WDW-Dine from our room when we get up to ask for an ADR. We've never had a problem.

jpH/keD
01-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Happy New Year !

I have to say the TS meals that you have listed I wouldnt want to leave to chance. I hope you were going to get ressies for these. The meals you have chosen to just wing it in the parks should be ok. But Yachtmen's , 1900 Park Fare and O'Hana's turn folks away w/ no ressies.

I have never gone off the DDP but I hope it works out for you! Have a great trip! I'd love to hear about it when you return, how things work out! Last trip we felt rushed also! But I am a chicken!!! :secret:

tinksmom02
01-01-2008, 01:57 PM
I think your plans look great! You have some great choices, and lots of downtime. I agree with Ellen, though...from what I can see, if you did the DDP, you already have 8 TS credits accounted for, with a potential breakfast at the Cafe, that makes 9. You'll be there for 10 nights, and you're already planning to get CS for a lot of your time...the DDP may work out to your benefit, after all...

Happy New Year!

KAT1811
01-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Happy New Year !

I have to say the TS meals that you have listed I wouldnt want to leave to chance. I hope you were going to get ressies for these. The meals you have chosen to just wing it in the parks should be ok. But Yachtmen's , 1900 Park Fare and O'Hana's turn folks away w/ no ressies.

Oh no I'm most certainly making ADRs for all of our planned meals. I actually really look forward to counting down the days until I can make our ADRs.

I promised DH we would try it his way this time, without the DDP. (I already won the trip to WDW over the WDW week long cruise and a couple of nights in WDW so I guess I have to humor him on this one rather simple request) Plus I am an app person not a dessert person.

DDuck66
01-02-2008, 09:38 AM
We have gone many times and have only used the DDP once (free dining). While we still have a lot of ADR's, since we are paying out of pocket, we usually end up cancelling one or two of them. We ALWAYS call ahead and cancel so that soemone else can use our time slot. We like to have some flexibility while at the same time knowing that we can eat at our special places without worries of getting a seat. You should not have any problems with the places you have picked.