PDA

View Full Version : Water Mice age lowered to 12 again

LottaLubes
12-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Hello, I included this tidbit in my quick trip report but thought I'd start a topic here as well for those interested.

My oldest son, who is now 16 and recently got his license, was very excited to be able to ride the water mice again. He and DH first did the Segway tour at Fort Wilderness (awesome BTW) and then they headed over to the Contemporary to ride the water mice. He was suprised to learn that the age limit was dropped to 12 again.

I hadn't heard of this so I thought I post and let others know. They had a few more rules and releases to sign but 12 year olds are allowed to operate their own boat again (they also have to be a certain height - but I don't know what that is). You no longer need a licensed driver in the boat if you are 12 or older.

Had I known ahead of time, I have another son who could have went with DH and older DS. (But we had our own fun!) :)

Anyway, I hope this makes someones child between the ages of 12-16 excited.

Figaro
12-31-2007, 04:48 PM
It was just recently we lowered it. About a month I think. If I remember correctly, the height is 5 feet... :thumbsup:

goofy for pluto
01-02-2008, 09:15 AM
In August we rented a water mouse from the Poly. DS was allowed to drive. He is 12 years old and 5 foot tall. The Poly would have let him take out the boat himself, but my DH went along as a passenger because DS had never even sat in one of the boats before. Even though he did not have any trouble, having his dad with him was a better option for us until he gets some experience with the boats. :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
01-02-2008, 01:02 PM
I thought it was pretty drastic when they changed from 12 years old all the way up to requiring a valid driver's license. And now they have gone back to just 12 again? I guess the insurance company must have given its seal of approval. 12-15 year-olds will be delighted!