PDA

View Full Version : AP and dining plan, buy a park ticket??

ToraTory
12-31-2007, 02:30 PM
Greetings,

I've read through other responses but I'm still confused. Hubby and I have an annual pass, we are going in two weeks using the AP holders rate. We really like the
convenience of the dining plan. I understand that the only way we can use the dining plan would be to buy a package which includes one base park ticket. My question is this: would we be given a one day base ticket that we could then use a year or two from now or would the extra day simply be tacked onto our existing Annual pass? Since we will not be going again while our pass is in effect this would be a waste of money however, if we could use it again at another time then I wouldn't mind.

thanks -- tory

DizneyRox
12-31-2007, 03:11 PM
Save it for a weekend getaway! Remember the ticket will be on your room key, so don't throw that away. Use the AP at the turnstyle and that one day ticket will never expire.

Donald's Girl
12-31-2007, 04:06 PM
If you drink alcoholic beverages at all when you're down there, as an AP holder I would recommend the Disney Dining Experience Card as a much better value than buying the one day pass and the DDP.

We have found that the 20% savings across the board works out much better for us. Especially now that the DDP has eliminated the appetizer (which we much prefer to the dessert).

Not sure if this works for you but we love to do it this way! (Especially when we charge everything on to our Disney VISA and earn credit for our next trip down!)

JPL
12-31-2007, 05:10 PM
The main question here is are you getting the Room at an AP Discount Rate? In order to take advantage of the DDP you will pay Rack Rates for the Room which are often 25-35% higher than the discounted rate taking any value away from the DDP. When you add the addition money foir the extra tickets you need to pruchase you end up paying about $80 a day for DDP.