PDA

View Full Version : Shrimp Skewers are back at O'hanas!

LottaLubes
12-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Hello: I mentioned this in a quick trip report but wanted to post here as well. We were at O'hanas for dinner on 12/27 and the shrimp skewers were back! And boy, were they good! They also still had the shrimp appetizers in the bowl. Everything was delicious. Just wanted to let you guys know in case you didn't...it was a pleasant surprise to us!

ElenitaB
12-31-2007, 12:05 PM
Thanks for letting us know! I think this news will make a lot of seafood lovers happy (and 'Ohana just might make it back on our list of places to visit).

Septbride2002
12-31-2007, 12:38 PM
REALLY! That makes me very :D

SurferStitch
12-31-2007, 12:41 PM
Awesome!!

I already have a dinner booked there for our upcoming May trip!

Yay!!!

poeticeclipse
12-31-2007, 12:52 PM
Shut up!!!

I'm SO excited. Thank you SO much for letting us know. I've waited so long for this to come back. I'm SO happy.

Did I say 'so' enough?

January-2007
12-31-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm just glad they still have the shrimp appetizer, 'cause that's got to be my most favorite thing there! I heart 'Ohana... :mickey:

PetefromRI
12-31-2007, 02:22 PM
Awesome,
We'll be eating there in about four weeks.We haven't eaten there since they took them off the menu but figured we'd go back anyhow.Now I'm really glad we booked it!

JPL
12-31-2007, 02:53 PM
I have dinner plans there in a couple of weeks and was just complaining about no Shrimp Skews I can't wait now :muscles:

Hull-onian
12-31-2007, 03:08 PM
It is good to know they have shrimp on the menu. It will make GS very happy. We have only been to the dinner show. We have ressies for April. Can't wait.:thumbsup:

AbeeNormal
12-31-2007, 03:22 PM
OMG that makes me so happy. My mom only eats fish and I was worried about there being just an appetizer for her. We'll be eating there this Fiday night, I could just scream.
:trio:

Thank you!!!

PeterPan
12-31-2007, 06:26 PM
This is great news! We will be eating there THIS Sunday evening! Hooray!!!

magicofdisney
12-31-2007, 07:31 PM
Shut up!!!

I'm SO excited. Thank you SO much for letting us know. I've waited so long for this to come back. I'm SO happy.

Did I say 'so' enough?
No...you Shut Up!! ;)
I think I'm SO much more excited than you. We SO love 'Ohana!

Here we go again...
01-01-2008, 03:37 AM
I sure hope they keep them both. I actually like the ones in the sauce a little more... they do not taste as dry as the ones one the skewer.
'Ohana is still one of my favorites... no matter how they serve the shrimp. :tasty:

TheDuckRocks
01-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Oh boy! Oh boy! They stopped serving them shortly before our first trip to WDW and I had really been looking forward to them. 11 days from now maybe when we eat at Ohana they will still be on the menu. My 12 year old DGS is a shrimp fanatic, he will flip when they bring them out. I'm going to keep this as a secret until we get there from the rest of the family.:secret:

SgtTigger
01-01-2008, 08:58 PM
OK this is great news but what did they do away with to put this back on the menu?????

:cop: :tigger:

LottaLubes
01-03-2008, 07:34 PM
OK this is great news but what did they do away with to put this back on the menu?????
:cop: :tigger:

As far as the other skewers, we had sausage link (didn't care for it, seemed over cooked), turkey, pork and steak (all very good).

Edited to Add: I just checked the menu that is posted on Intercot. The only thing we seemed to be missing was the Fried Wontons (although we did have the Peanut Sauce, Chimichurri Sauce and Harissa).

May524
01-04-2008, 03:41 PM
YAY for the shrimp skewers! :number1:
However, I do love the fried wontons..I hope they come back!

pox24
01-04-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm leaving now.....whoa!

poeticeclipse
01-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Edited to Add: I just checked the menu that is posted on Intercot. The only thing we seemed to be missing was the Fried Wontons (although we did have the Peanut Sauce, Chimichurri Sauce and Harissa).

Oh, that's okay with me. I only liked the Peanut sauce anyways. I'm still wanting the pineapple and caramel back. I should start a petition...:secret:

faberj
01-04-2008, 05:09 PM
The menus posted both on this site and (others) have not reflected the change yet, I hope this isn't a temporary thing. We loved the grilled shrimp on our honeymoon back in 2002, and our next trip isn't until Decmeber. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are still being offered. I wish they would bring the rice back too as I really liked the rice as well.

wendy*darling
01-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Perhaps someone who is dining there in the near future can bring a menu back?
Then we can get this site updated! :thumbsup:

JPL
01-04-2008, 09:55 PM
I will be there the 21st so I will definately get one :thumbsup:

animalkingdomguy
01-10-2008, 09:01 AM
:lei: Horray! I have really missed the Shrimp. I also love the pork.

Here we go again...
01-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Hey, do you think we could get them to bring back the pineapple and caramel too???
MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm....:tasty:

KateMW
01-10-2008, 06:05 PM
So how good are these shrimp skewers? I love shrimp!!!

What's the best meal to eat at O'hana's?

Here we go again...
01-10-2008, 06:11 PM
So how good are these shrimp skewers? I love shrimp!!!

What's the best meal to eat at O'hana's?

'Ohana is a family style buffet. Meaning that you get some of everything... they just bring it to your table.
They start you with salad, potatoes, wontons, chicken wings and more. Then they bring the meat out on skewers. You eat what you want.

I love everything at 'Ohana. We go every trip. As a matter of fact, we will be there in 3 more weeks!!

Hull-onian
01-10-2008, 06:52 PM
DGS will be happy with shrimp skeweres:eat:, DGD, not so much.:sick:

texasteacher
01-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Hello: I mentioned this in a quick trip report but wanted to post here as well. We were at O'hanas for dinner on 12/27 and the shrimp skewers were back! And boy, were they good! They also still had the shrimp appetizers in the bowl. Everything was delicious. Just wanted to let you guys know in case you didn't...it was a pleasant surprise to us!

I was at OHana's at 9:45 PM on Jan 2 and no shrimp skewers, only the appetizers in the bowl. They didn't serve the wontons either. Maybe it was because we arrived so late in the evening. I wanted to try the sausage too, but no luck. There was beef, turkey, and pork on the skewers. It was all delicious, so I am not complaining!

January-2007
01-12-2008, 09:38 AM
I was at OHana's at 9:45 PM on Jan 2 and no shrimp skewers, only the appetizers in the bowl. They didn't serve the wontons either. Maybe it was because we arrived so late in the evening. I wanted to try the sausage too, but no luck. There was beef, turkey, and pork on the skewers. It was all delicious, so I am not complaining!

Yeah, it was most likely due to the late time of your meal. We ate dinner at 'Ohana twice in September. The first time we were there at opening and the second time we were there much later and the later time was not nearly as good so I would say that's the reason you didn't get everything.