PDA

View Full Version : Grocery delivery from a regular supermarket?

SignguyTom
12-31-2007, 11:03 AM
The big chain supermarkets we have near our house {Albertson's, Safeway (Vons), Fry's (Kroger)} will all deliver to our house. We can just call or fax our order and they will do the shopping and deliver it for an extra $5 or $10. Do any of the big chain stores deliver to WDW - specifically BWV? It seems like it would be cheaper and more convenient if they did.

Otherwise, has anyone used Garden Grocer? I haven't looked at their products for a while, but they did not seem to be a good fit for us a couple years ago.

DVC Mike
12-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Garden Grocer and WeGoShop seem to be the most popular grocery delivery services with DVC members.

I always have my car and just drive to Publix and pickup what we need.

Horizon93
12-31-2007, 12:20 PM
I have heard great things about Garden Grocer. DW and I will be trying them on our next trip. They are also an Intercot sponsor,(Correction: They used to be, see next post) I believe.

Strmchsr
12-31-2007, 12:35 PM
I have heard great things about Garden Grocer. DW and I will be trying them on our next trip. They are also an Intercot sponsor, I believe.

They were an Intercot sponsor, but no longer. There are several grocery delivery sites. Do an Intercot search for "grocery delivery" and you'll see threads with reviews for various companies.

vizsla
12-31-2007, 01:20 PM
We used Garden Grocer on our last trip and were very pleased with their service. They arrived with the groceries in the time frame we requested and the delivery person was extremely helpful helping us unpack and get things put away. I will definately use there services again in the future.

hubbyofadisneyholic
12-31-2007, 02:33 PM
I don't ever remember seeing any negative comments about Garden Grocer.

We have used WeGoShop several times and will use them in the future. Back in June they called us from the store to say one of our items wasn't available in the quantity we wanted and asked about options rather than just deciding for themselves or not getting the item at all. In my book that is top notch customer service.

Kind of like how WDW used to be...

SignguyTom
01-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Garden Grocer and WeGoShop seem to be the most popular grocery delivery services with DVC members.

I always have my car and just drive to Publix and pickup what we need.

Do you know if Publix delivers?

prprincess
01-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Gooding's delivers. But I've used Garden Grocer in the past. No complaints at all.