PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while

kristom
12-31-2007, 10:26 AM
It's been a while since we visited Disney last and I have a few questions. I'm restricted to either March 18-23rd travel or beginning of July. Either way, I'm running into Easter or July 4th. Which would have less crowds?

We'll be traveling with a high school student and a college student. Any particular resort better for older kids?

Also, I've always wondered if you really see a lot of animals from your room while staying in the Savanah Rooms at AK.

Thanks for your help!

Jillirose
12-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Haven't been there over the summer, but weather is great at Easter. Crowds are at full capacity, but if you're staying on campus, you can go early, bug out when crowds peak, and go to the park that is open later for Disney guests.

We stayed at Beach Club last time - best pool ever! Teens/young adults would love the scene - with the boardwalk to cruise, Epcot and MGM within walking distance.

BronxTigger
12-31-2007, 10:46 AM
If you are talking about dates in 2008, with those choices I think I would choose March. A lot of schools have not timed their spring break with Easter this year because it is so early. It may be less crowded than a typical spring break, although I'm sure it will still be crowded.

Both times will be crowded, but the weather will be less disgusting in March than in July.

I've never stayed at AKL so I can't answer that from personal experience but I've heard good things in trip reports about the amount of animals you see. Honestly, I think any resort would be great for that age, although I think the moderates and deluxes have better themes than the values. I'd let them have some input on the resort. Their opinion is better than ours because they are the ones that are going.

Good luck with your decisions!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-31-2007, 11:30 AM
:thedolls: Can't speak from experience on the crowds, but being from the Southeast, I can tell you the weather in July will be extremely hot...I would take my chances in March.

Diz-Knee
01-01-2008, 07:59 PM
I would choose March just based on weather alone. Summer in Orlando is brutal. ;)

Not sure on what would be more attractive to older teen/college kids as far as resorts go. Do they have a particular park they prefer?

BigRedDad
01-01-2008, 11:32 PM
I can only speak about the rooms on the Savannah. You see plenty of animals if you are the Arusha Rock side. The feeding is timed so the animals congregate around to the different rooms. I recall the other two views being of birds and the other smaller animals. Every time we went to look, there were always animals visible and fun to watch.

I wouldn't be concerned whether or not you see animals. The only time I recall not seeing too many is late at night.