PDA

View Full Version : Concerned about my plans!

deebee29
12-30-2007, 10:53 PM
I have my parks planned out for our May 2008 Disney Vacation. We will have 8 day passes, probably with park hoppers. We spend a week in Orlando after the week in Disney, so if we have a day left over, we can use it in the second week right?
My real concern is my plan for the parks. I have most ADRs made for the park I am in that day, and most of my days in each park are evening EMH for that particular park. Is this a really bad idea? Should I do two parks a day instead? I would love to hear what you would do and how you would tackle the parks. The only day that I am picky about is my Birthday, May 29, which I want to spend at MK!
What would you do? Here is my plan, would you change it?

Sat, May 24 - Arrival/Possibly DTD or a park
Sun, May 25 - MK
Mon, May 26 - AK
Tues, May 27 - Epcot
Wed, May 28 - MGM
Thurs, May 29 - MK
Fri, May 30 - Epcot
Sat, May 31 - Departure/Unsure of park plans

Thanks!

Tinkerbellfan
12-30-2007, 11:58 PM
Hello,

Personally, we love to park hop. We tend to go to the park with EMH in the am in the morning. We then leave for a break back to the resort and then head out to another park for the day - if there is also a park with EMH in the evening, we head there. I have found the park with the EMH in the am tends to get very busy by noon or 1pm.

Maybe, you can switch a couple of days up so you can keep part of your original plans and then park hop a few other days. Maybe only switch the days in which you can reschedule your ADRs.

Have fun planning - it is ALMOST as fun as the trip itself!

MOJoe
12-31-2007, 11:09 AM
I love evening EMH, and usually make my ADR's at or near that park. That way, no matter what you do during the day - swim, nap, park hop, shop, - you know where you are going to end up. This gives you both a plan and alot of flexability. So it looks like you've got the beginnings of a great plan.

deebee29
12-31-2007, 10:25 PM
I have been debating whether to get park hopper or not. Its nice to have the option, but it is time consuming to go between parks. I will be in Orlando the week after and could purchase a couple extra days if we missed something and wanted to do it in the second week. What do you all think?

Beast_fanatic
12-31-2007, 10:44 PM
Your tickets will expire 14-days from first use, so you could overlap into the second week.

As far as park hoppers, my husband and I use the feature a lot as we also like to mix things up with one park in the morning and a different park in the evening after a break to swim and/or nap.

As far as evening Extra Magic Hours, the parks that we went to in the evenings on our October trip that had evening EMH were quite busy and we ended up not staying very late, so you might want to factor that into your considerations.

dolphinmickey9170
01-01-2008, 06:18 AM
We always park hop. It breaks things up a little and if one park gets really busy, you have the option to leave that one and go elsewhere.

Ed
01-01-2008, 06:37 AM
Your tickets will expire 14-days from first use, so you could overlap into the second week.

If for some reason you find you won't be able to use all 8 days within that 14 day window, you can purchase the "no expiration" feature which, for an 8 day adult ticket will add about $130 to the cost of each ticket. It sounds like a lot, but it works out to $16.25 per day, and those tickets will be good until you use them, even years down the road.

Relatively cheap 'insurance' if your plans are disrupted by the unforeseen - - bad weather, illness, etc.

Cinderelley
01-01-2008, 08:26 PM
We never park hop. I don't even buy that option anymore. My only concern is that some of the days you have planned are listed as "busy days" for those parks according to Info Central. We've gone at the beginning of June before though, and the crowds weren't bad, so I don't think it will really be a problem for you. Have fun during your trip.