PDA

View Full Version : 12/6 to 12/11 POR

TerriV8489
12-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Got to POR about 1:00 and was able to check in right away. Had a little trouble finding our room. We stayed in bldg. 36, all the way at the back of the property, near the west depot. Got lost trying to find the bus depot. Didn't have to wait too long for a bus to MK, though, and the bus was just about empty. Had a reservation at Boatwrights (POR) at 8pm so left MK with plenty of time to get there. Got off at the wrong depot and walked and walked and walked. I WAS SO LOST!! There are so many paths and so few signs at POR. Along the way, three young teenage girls thought it would be funny to hide behind some bushes, jump out, scream bloody murder, and scare the living daylights out of us. I did not think it was funny at all and thank God I don't have a weak heart. When I got back to the room, I called the front desk and informed them what these girls were doing. They assured me they would notify security but I'm sure they weren't able to find them. Pulled myself together and set out for Boatwrights. Got lost again! I was beginning to regret the whole trip!! We were about 15 minutes late for our reservation but they still had us wait about 10 minutes. The food was just okay.
I was so glad to make it back to our room without incident (although I was definitely on my guard should someone jump out from behind a bush) and get into bed. I fell asleep hoping the next day would be better. :(

BronxTigger
12-30-2007, 11:35 PM
Oh man, I hope that your trip gets better from here! It's so frustrating to get lost.

I remember the first trip my family took to WDW I was 11. We were in the caves on Tom Sawyer Island and some teenagers did the same thing to us. They jumped out and screamed and I got so scared. It's funny to think about it now, but at the time I was not laughing!

cajunprincess
12-31-2007, 12:10 AM
Getting lost is soooooo frustrating. When we went in October of this year, we stayed at POP. I forgot my tickets in the room and headed back to find them. 30 mins later I FINALLY found my way back to the bus stop with NO TICKETS!!!! I couldn't find my room! Thankfully my Husband went back and got them for me. I hope things get better!

dolphinmickey9170
12-31-2007, 06:37 AM
:mickey:I'm sure, once you notified them, security took care of the problem. They will do anything to make your vacation better. I sure hope things improved from here. Can't wait to read more.

RedheadWriter
12-31-2007, 07:24 AM
:( The whole jumping out and screaming was just wrong and rude. Hope to hear the rest of your trip went well.

tinkerbell04
12-31-2007, 08:43 AM
Hope things go a little bit better tomorrow.:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
12-31-2007, 11:15 AM
I stayed there in October and I find that resort a little confusing too. It is beautiful, and I loved it there, but we did a lot of extra walking. I hope things get better for you once you are more familiar with the resort. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

AbeeNormal
12-31-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm so sorry that your 1st day was a rocky start.

As the other's said I really hope the rest of the trip makes up for the first day. :thumbsup:

I hate being lost too. Here's some :pixie::pixie:for the rest of the trip.

pdrlkr
01-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

offwego
01-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Sorry your trip started so unevenly.

faline
01-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Too bad about your rocky start. Hopefully things get better and the Disney magic begins to kick in!