PDA

View Full Version : Will I regret waiting to book

Nurse Kim
12-30-2007, 10:06 PM
We are taking our first trip in March. I am wanting to wait until the last minute to see if SW comes out with some good Ding fares. The lowest fare I am finding right now is 195 RT and that is more than we want to pay for the 5 of us.

I am wanting to wait and then if all else fails I will try to use Priceline to see if we can get it cheaper.

What do you think?

BigRedDad
12-31-2007, 05:13 AM
Its hard to say. I am in the same boat as you for late March. With it being National Spring Break that time of year, decent Ding fares may be few and far between. Depending on where you are flying from, $195 RT is pretty good. I will be flying from RDU and the lowest flight to MCO is $96 one way. It has not been below that since the release of tickets. My only other alternative is to take AirTran to MCO. I already have my preferred return flight on SW at 8:30PM for $85 each.

I am in a slightly different scenario in that I can rent a car one way if they do not come down low enough.

faline
12-31-2007, 09:21 AM
You're looking to go at the height of spring break season which is a very busy time. Unless you are extremely flexible in your accommodations and where you dine, you may find it very difficult to get a room in the location you want and to be able to visit the restaurants you want.

Nurse Kim
12-31-2007, 12:13 PM
We already have all our ADRs and we are renting a home offsite just 5 minutes to Disney so that is all taken care of. Now all I have left is our airline tickets.

poeticeclipse
12-31-2007, 01:06 PM
I would say that Ding rates probably aren't your best bet. Remember, if you wait a long long time the prices will jump. So, you don't want to hurt yourself or you'll definitely be paying more than $195 roundtrip.

Airtran normally has really good deals as well. That's what we normally fly because of the good rates. I always advise people away from Priceline, Expedia, etc. just because of the fact that you're not getting ALL airlines and its normally cheaper to buy tickets straight from the airline itself.

King Triton
12-31-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm assuming, maybe incorrectly, that the best you can do is on Southwest right now. If so, you could go ahead and book. If a Ding! or other Southwest special beats it, you could give them a call and they can give you a credit for the difference.

PetefromRI
12-31-2007, 02:30 PM
I don't know where your flying from but for us,anytime you get near springtime,anything under 200.00 RT is pretty good and I'd grab it.If you travel alot they will just give you a credit if the price goes down but if you don't travel much you'll just have to take the chance that this is the rate your willing to pay and don't keep checking their website because it will just drive you crazy.

mickey&missy
12-31-2007, 05:56 PM
Don't wait too long. There might not be a ding and you might end up with a higher price. March is spring break. We are traveling March 8th - 15th and got $99 wanna getta fares 1 way and paid $200 something the other way.