PDA

View Full Version : Should we go to hear the sales pitch while we're there?

jenfriend
12-30-2007, 07:16 PM
We're not ready to purchase for at least 1 year. We've seen the brochures sent in the mail. If we do go, when is the best time: morning, afternoon, evening - what day Sat/Sun?

Horizon93
12-30-2007, 07:53 PM
If you want to take the tour, all you need to do is to call before you head off to WDW or while there, stop in at any of the tons of DVC Kiosks around the world and they can arrange a tour for you.

A DVC van will pick you up at your resort or at a park, take you to the preview center at SSR. You will meet with a guide and see the SSR and AKV models. You will be brought back to your resort or to a park. The whole thing takes about 90 minutes.

Happy touring!

CAS
12-30-2007, 08:51 PM
If you're at all thinking about buying, be prepared to come home with one. I'm not saying that the sales pitch is high pressure...I'm just telling you that I've never seen anyone who was even remotely thinking about buying (and who said they wouldn't buy on the spot) to NOT come home without one. :thumbsup:

Horizon93
12-30-2007, 09:23 PM
If you're at all thinking about buying, be prepared to come home with one. I'm not saying that the sales pitch is high pressure...I'm just telling you that I've never seen anyone who was even remotely thinking about buying (and who said they wouldn't buy on the spot) to NOT come home without one. :thumbsup:

There is truth to this. We didn't buy on the spot, however. We bought 2 days after we got home!

The presentation is low pressure. No pressure at all. Your brain will just start spinning as you start to think of all of those DVC possibilities.

The tour really is the only way to get all of the facts however. Your guide will answer all questions during and after your visit. The entire program will be laid out before you. And remember, it is Disney, so they are allowed to use pixie dust.

Seriously, if you are considering becoming a member, the tour is the best way to get all of the correct info and get your questions answered. You will be sent out with tons of great material that you will want to check out.

We bought in July and received good encouragement prior to our tour from many great people here at Inter cot. I an glad that we took the tour when we did, we have already had our first DVC stay!

Have fun!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
12-30-2007, 09:42 PM
We bought sight unseen. Really. We had been considering DVC for years but, once our third child turned 3 we decided it was the right move for us. We called and bought in right then.

I would tour if you are interested. Just be prepared like the others said. ;)

We had our first DVC stay in September for ten days at SSR and we are officially spoiled!! :cloud9: I stayed at BWV earlier this month and that was great too. We are really happy with our decision.

peemagg
12-31-2007, 07:02 AM
We stopped at one of those kiosks a couple of years ago. Not to ask about the DVC but to look at the pictures of the guys kids he had sitting there. Well he got us to take the tour and we walked out of there with a membership. We had never even heard of the DVC before that day. Sure we had seen the kiosks and posters around the parks, but never paid them any attention. What a great mistake we made!:thumbsup::joy:

hubbyofadisneyholic
12-31-2007, 02:53 PM
Just for the record, not everyone buys right away.
We took the tour in Oct. 2001, but at that time they were selling VWL and we just weren't all that thrilled by the models. Plus, at that point in time we weren't comfortable making the financial plunge required to get the number of points we felt we would need.
We looked over all the materials and my wife fell in love with OKW. By the fall of 2003 we were ready to buy and acquired our OKW points on the resale market. Haven't regretted how we did it and added-on more points last summer.
I guess my point is, you will know when and if it is the right thing for you to do.

Good Luck!!!