PDA

View Full Version : AbeeNormal's DCL Pre-trip Report

AbeeNormal
12-30-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm not sure if these are usually done for cruises, but what the heck, here goes:

Cast:

Me - Abee - (AKA Chris) 40 in Feb. can't wait each decade just gets better!!
DH - Jeff 36 - 37 Jan 11 Happy Birthday
DS - Jack 7
DS - Jones 6
My Mom - Lee - My mom says age is a # and her's is unlisted ;)
MIL - Mary
FIL - Jon

First things first.... I would like to send out a big thanks to all of you for making this trip amazing for our family we've learned so much here and it has enhanced everything we are doing. I can't thank you all enough. :heart:

Ok, this is a Land/Sea package for us - so starting the 6th of January we will be on our first cruise ever with the exception of MIL & FIL. I also did a trip report for our WDW trip in Trip Reports as well.

Our ship is the Wonder.

Jan. 6th - Board the ship and Sail-a-way Party:mickey:

Jan 7th - Our first stop is Nassau and my mom has been there before so she says we are going to water taxi over to the Atlantis and take a tour of the Aquarium. We need to get back semi early to get the kids fed before we take them to the kids club - Tonight the adults are going to eat at Palo's. I can't wait, the first thing I'm going to do is order the chocolate souffle' at the suggestion of all of you.

Jan 8th - Our destination is Castaway Cay. We've heard only great things so I'm really excited and somewhat ashamed. We live in CA about two and a half hours from the beach and my boys have never been so they will see the Atlantic Ocean before they see the Pacific Ocean.:blush: We rented snorkel stuff for the day along with floaties I think we'll have a great time.

Jan 9th - A full day at sea. We are really going to take advantage of this day to see all the things to offer on the boat, and to relax, relax, relax.

I will report when I get back both parts of our trip to all of my favorirte people here on Intercot.

P.S. I am going to do my best to get my hands on every menu out there both land and sea and get it to the appropriate people here on Intercot for the menu boards, I figured if nothing else it will help on updating.

ElenitaB
12-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Chris, thanks so much for the pre-cruise report! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear your impressions.

And thanks in advance for scouting out menus and Navigators for us! :thumbsup:

BronxTigger
12-31-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm amused that your kids will see the Atlantic Ocean before they see the Pacific when you live in a state that borders the Pacific. :scratch:

I haven't been on a cruise before (Disney or not) and I'm looking forward to hearing about yours.

Have fun!

TheDuckRocks
12-31-2007, 11:52 AM
Have a wonderful trip Chris! I'll be starting our Disney cruise on the 20th of Jan. I'm so excited I can't see straight.:donald:

AbeeNormal
12-31-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm amused that your kids will see the Atlantic Ocean before they see the Pacific when you live in a state that borders the Pacific. :scratch:

I haven't been on a cruise before (Disney or not) and I'm looking forward to hearing about yours.

Have fun!

Sad isn't it ;)

artyboy
12-31-2007, 04:05 PM
I can't wait to hear about the cruise!!!

I've only been on one cruise, Norwegian...which was nice, but a bit stuffy (this was 10 years ago, and we were the youngest adults on the ship)...and is was not Disney!

I haven't been able to talk Jack into going on one since...maybe your reports will help???

Have a safe and wonderful trip!

:mickey:

AbeeNormal
12-31-2007, 07:41 PM
I can't wait to hear about the cruise!!!

I've only been on one cruise, Norwegian...which was nice, but a bit stuffy (this was 10 years ago, and we were the youngest adults on the ship)...and is was not Disney!

I haven't been able to talk Jack into going on one since...maybe your reports will help???

Have a safe and wonderful trip!

:mickey:

No Worries ArtyBoy - I'll give you a trip report to knock his socks off and then you too will be joyful and triumphant - as my friend the Grinch would say. ;) And before you know it you'll be sending us a trip report about your cruise on DCL. :captain:

wendy*darling
01-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Have a WONDERful trip! :D
I will be looking forward to reading your trip reports when you return.

Hope you have great weather and smooth seas. :mickey:

Ed
01-01-2008, 09:17 AM

I haven't been able to talk Jack into going on one since...

You've GOT to try a DCL cruise! Nothing like the other cruise lines.

Best one for you would be the 7-night Western Caribbean cruise. After departing Port Canaveral, the first stop is the coolest place in the US - - a little town called "Key West". :thumbsup:

Just think... if you realized after boarding that you forgot to pack something, you could run home and get it! :D

AbeeNormal
01-03-2008, 12:11 AM
If I haven't said it a hundred times..........

I love you people !!

SgtTigger
01-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Oh boy I cant wait to read this report.....

We are going in June and this is our first Disney Cruise........

Thank you for any info you do write about.....

:cop: :tigger: