PDA

View Full Version : Twas the week before Christmas and all through the World...Trip Report and PHOTOS #3

McGoofy
12-30-2007, 04:16 PM
But wait, there's more...this is the last installment...I promise!:mickey:

Saturday 12/22

This was our last day at WDW. We spent the morning packing up our things and loading our car. However, our Disney park time wasn't over yet. With the AP's, we try to squeeze as much park time in as we can. We went over to AK to stay as long as we could before needing to drive home. This was by far the busiest day that we had seen yet. AK was so crowded. We managed to get a fastpass for EE. While waiting for that, we rode EE as single riders, but as luck would have it, all 3 of us ended up on the same train. DS was near the front. Then a really cool thing happened. Next in standby line was a party of 3. There were only 2 seats left to load on the train, so DH and I got to sit together because we were the next 2 single riders in line!! That was fun. While in that area, we got in line to ride Primeval Whirl. When we got off the ride, we happened upon a cute acrobatic/juggling act with "painters" named Smear, Splat, and Dip. At the end of their show, they handed out candy canes to kids that were standing nearby. We also fastpassed Kilamajaro Safari. I have been on this ride many times, but I think this was by far the best ride ever for me. So many of the animals were right up close to our car. In fact, at one point, there were 4 cars all in row that were at a complete stop because a rhino was in the road!! The driver told us that she was most likely out looking for her baby. Sure enough...when she finally got out of the road was when she saw her baby off to the side. We just happened to catch the animals at a really good time I guess. After the safari, we ate lunch for the first time at Yak & Yeti. We just did the counter service. We were all very pleased with out meal. After lunch, it came time to go back to use our EE fastpass. We sat in the front row for this. The view before you go backwards is just totally amazing. The front row on EE is definitely the best seat on the train. When we left EE, we went past the black monkeys. There was a CM standing there, and my DH made a comment to her that they didn't seem to be as active and noisy as usual. She said that is because the monkeys just had a baby, and he is only one month old. They are still in "protection mode" over the baby. Then we realized that the mom was holding the baby monkey. That was cool to see that. The last thing that we were able to do before we had to leave was the "Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade." I loved the attention that they gave to the Christmas details....the decorations, the outfits (even the giraffe had on 4 scarves on its neck), and even the smell (Minnie's tub of hot cocoa gave off the aroma of chocolate when it went by)!!! After the parade, we had to start out 6 1/2 hour drive home. We got home about 11:30 pm that night.
Photos of AK (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561932992EuZFEH?vhost=good-times)
This trip was so much fun. We packed so many things in to what was a short time. I am so glad that we were able to see Disney at Christmas. It was great to be there just before Christmas and enjoy all the festivities and beautiful decorations. I hope it is not 4 years before we can do that again.:candy::ornament::snowman:

RedheadWriter
12-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Great shots!!!! What a nice trip!

dolphinmickey9170
12-30-2007, 06:15 PM
So glad you were able to pack so much into this shorter trip. Great pictures and thanks so much for sharing.:mickey:

BronxTigger
12-30-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm impressed by how much you were able to do in a fairly short amount of time during a busy season. I really enjoyed reading your trip reports and looking at your photos. Thanks!

McGoofy
12-30-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm impressed by how much you were able to do in a fairly short amount of time during a busy season. I really enjoyed reading your trip reports and looking at your photos. Thanks!

That just comes from being a "seasoned" Disney guest!:mickey: We've learned how to get around the parks. We know in advance what we want to do. We didn't stress at trying to ride all of the rides, but we did fastpass the major attractions that we wanted to ride. Also, we didn't schedule any sit down dinners as those can take quite a chunk of time out of your day. When you are short on time but have a plan, it's amazing what you can pack in! :mickey:

Thanks to all of you for your kind words regarding my reports and photos!:)

ChipnDaleGal
12-31-2007, 01:28 PM
By your words and your photos it appears that your family had the perfect little holiday jaunt to WDW! I am totally jealous! Thank you for sharing it with us, Tara. For those of us that couldn't get down there this year, your reports were the next best thing. :mickey:

AbeeNormal
12-31-2007, 02:11 PM
Say it isn't so.....:( I don't want your trip reports to end. I hope to return the favor soon with our own trip reports so I can take you back. :thumbsup:

Thanks you again so much for sharing your trips with us - it is so much fun reading your reports :D

mickey&missy
12-31-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks Tara!! I really enjoyed reading your reports and seeing your pictures! Sounds like you had a great time!

pdrlkr
01-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

TBY2225
01-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Tara, you really know how to fit everything into a few days! I am so glad you all had so much fun!:mickey: Don't worry about wondering when you will go back around Christmas time, just plan on going down December 08 the same time as us! :D

pogo
01-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Thanks for sharing your families vacation with us Tara. I've enjoyed reading all about it and I've really enjoyed your pictues. :thumbsup:

We are now in the planning stages of a trip for Dec. 08 and I only wished we could drive 6 1/2 hours instead of a three hour flight ! :D

faline
01-04-2008, 11:25 AM
I only wished we could drive 6 1/2 hours instead of a three hour flight ! :D

I was just thinking the same thing!

Glad you were able to squeeze in the extra time at Animal Kingdom! What great shots you got of the Rhinos!

Thanks for your reports!