PDA

View Full Version : Late Arrival & Room Assignments at Port Riverside

jenfriend
12-30-2007, 03:57 PM
We have 5 in our group; will they automatically assign us to a room with a trundle bed?

We will arrive late (like around midnight) on a Wed. night. What kind of service can we expect?

Thanks. Only 17 more days!!!

Darbylew
12-30-2007, 04:06 PM
We have been late getting to WDW and we
never had a problem. There is always someone
at the check in desk and bell service is always
there as well. I do like to let them know at the
resort that we will be late checking in. :mickey:

TammiMcMan
12-30-2007, 05:07 PM
We have 5 in our group; will they automatically assign us to a room with a trundle bed?In most cases, you will be assigned to a room with a trundle bed. If for some reason, they dont' have that category of room available, they'll provide a rollaway in a 4 person room. Chances of that happening are pretty slim, but just something to be aware of.

DisneyCrazyET
12-30-2007, 06:40 PM
We arrived around 11:30 pm on Dec.18th.
The CM we had checking us in was in a hurry and told us she needed to use the restroom. I told her we would wait or get back in line, but of course they can't do that. She didn't handle everything right and we straighted it out in the morning. We did have our room key as our son had already checked in.
But this is a problem I seem to have most of the time I check in. The other people in may party always have great CMs.
And I would agree with the above posts about the beds.

#1donaldfan
12-31-2007, 09:42 AM
I don't think you'll have any problems, actually I think they assign your building several days out. If you have 5 on your ressies then you'll get a trundle. You can actually call a couple of days out and find out your building #.....About checking in late, I wouldn't worry about that either....we have always stayed at POR and the service has always been great, so I wouldn't think a late check-in would be any different than peak times. Have fun.....:mickey:

TammiMcMan
12-31-2007, 10:54 AM
I don't think you'll have any problems, actually I think they assign your building several days out. If you have 5 on your ressies then you'll get a trundle. You can actually call a couple of days out and find out your building Pre-assignments of rooms (not buildings) is usually done about 4 days prior to arrival. This by no means locks you into a room though. There are many things that can happen that would cause the room assigning department to make changes. Maintenance issues, guests arriving and adding someone at check-in, guests requesting room changes at check-in, etc. These are just a few of the reasons why Disney does not give out any room information ahead of time.