PDA

View Full Version : DVC - DDP Questions

Thumper03
12-30-2007, 01:44 PM
If we choose to purchase the DDP under our DVC reservation...

1) Do we pay tax on the DDP price...example,$37.99 flat rate per day/adult, or is it $37.99 plus 6.5% tax per day/adult?

2) We are booked for 9 nights, although we get in so late on our arrival that sleep will be our only option. Do we have 9 "days" of meals available?

3) When do you have to pay for the DDP? When you call to sign up for it, or when you check-in?

Thanks!:thumbsup:

tinkerbell04
12-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Do we pay tax on the DDP price...example,$37.99 flat rate per day/adult, or is it $37.99 plus 6.5% tax per day/adult?

I am fairly certain that we paid just the 37.99, that price included tax.

We are booked for 9 nights, although we get in so late on our arrival that sleep will be our only option. Do we have 9 "days" of meals available?

If you are staying for 9 nights, then you will have 9 credits for table service, counter service and snacks per person in your party.

When do you have to pay for the DDP? When you call to sign up for it, or when you check-in?

You pay for the dining plan when you check in. You do not have the option to pay for it when you call member services to add it to your reservation.

Have a Great Trip:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
12-30-2007, 03:03 PM
If we choose to purchase the DDP under our DVC reservation...

1) Do we pay tax on the DDP price...example,$37.99 flat rate per day/adult, or is it $37.99 plus 6.5% tax per day/adult?

2) We are booked for 9 nights, although we get in so late on our arrival that sleep will be our only option. Do we have 9 "days" of meals available?

3) When do you have to pay for the DDP? When you call to sign up for it, or when you check-in?

Thanks!:thumbsup:

Hello.....
#1 - You pay 37.99 per person -

#2 - You have 9 days worth no matter how late you get in. They can be used in any way you wish. You could use all your snacks in one day if you really wanted. You can double up TS credits and use them for signature dining. They are your 9 TS, CS, and snack credits to use any way you choose up until midnight of your check out day.

#3 - You must pay for the DDP upon check in.

We really love the dining plan, even with the changes for '08. I like not having to worry if I overspent on some souvies and now we have to eat burgers the rest of the trip. You pay up front, no worries. I don't have to tell my teens that they can't have that meal because it is out of my budget. It's a great plan for us no matter what. And trust me, with teens, they could eat me right out of every dollar I have.:D

Thumper03
12-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Don't know how we would get through a Disney planning weekend without Intercot!:thumbsup:
Thanks so much for the quick responses.

We've never used DDP...it just didn't work well with the way we "did" Disney, but as our habits have changed, it' been worth a second look, even with the changes in 2008.
I've been analyzing our eating habits down to specific menu items for each day....based on how we ate on our last trip in February '07. Yes, I kept the receipts, and yes, I'm sick.:geek:

With your helpful info, it looks like we will save $250 on our food including paying for gratuity in addition. That's worth a couple of buffets and a CS meal for our family.:eat:

Sunshine1010
12-31-2007, 02:49 AM
Are you getting the basic dining plan? ....or the deluxe?

Thumper03
12-31-2007, 10:22 AM
Are you getting the basic dining plan? ....or the deluxe?

We are just looking at the basic plan. The deluxe wouldn't fit us.:mickey: