PDA

View Full Version : Sanford Airport Experience??

bouldertcr
12-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Anyone out there flew in or out of Sanford Airport? What was your experience like compared to MCO?

Our closest airport has non-stop flights (allegiant air) to Sanford. Am considering this option. I do know that ME is only available out of MCO. I was thinking of lining up sedan transportation to WDW and back.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

Piglet822
12-30-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure what the cost would be for transportation to WDW from Sanford but I do know it's about 50 miles one way.
How about contacting Quicksilver? They are a sponsor of INTERCOT and I'm sure they'd be able to help you out. I just checked out their website and it looks like they charge $120 for one way transportation to WDW and $210 for round trip. Just click on this link to be taken to their website:

Quicksilver (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/ratesquotes.asp)

TheRustyScupper
12-30-2007, 01:59 PM
1) We have taken Allegiant several times to Sanford from Des Moines.
2) The airport is neat and clean and easy to navigate.
3) Limo fares to WDW are $180 round-trip using Tiffany Town Car.
4) You can't get DME, but for flight savings Sanford can be economical.

NOTE: An option is taking Allegiant to Clearwater/Tampa. We get the fare for $59 each way from Des Moines. With a towncar rate of $180, it is a pretty cheap route. Plus, it is only about 10-minutes longer than Sanford.

DisneyTwinsMommy
12-30-2007, 02:07 PM
:welcome: to Intercot! I am originally from the Whitehall-Coplay area and my mom still lives there... I have gone from LVI to Sanford many times and I love it love it love it!!! The airport is small and easy to navigate. and it beats driving to Philly. :ack: It is a little further to disney but it usually only takes us about 45 minutes. I can't give you any advice about how to get there, we always rent a car... good luck! :mickey:

Cinderella's mom
12-30-2007, 09:17 PM
I feel better choosing to go to SFB this time. We always fly into MCO, but Allegiant Air is $39 one way from Gulfport, MS. I am looking forward to it now....

bouldertcr
12-31-2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks everyone for feedback. Glad to hear positive experiences with both Sanford and Allegiant Air. Also, I'll check the limo services recommended!

RustyScupper: I didn't even consider Clearwater/Tampa. Nice to know there is another option.

DisneyTwinsMommy: Talk about a small world! Glad to hear you come back to the "valley" to visit your Mom(Go Zephyrs). I too love LVI!