PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach

Belle1217
12-30-2007, 01:41 AM
Hi everyone. Wanted to see if I could get some input from a few people about staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. I am thinking about going Nov.30- Dec.6 2008. I know the pool is going to be closed for a bit but should be open by mid Sept. so that should not effect me. Just wanted to know best building to stay in ect.. I will be going with DH, DD10, DS7, DS4
and maybe my Mother. So I have to get 2 rooms. Any info would be great.

mrsgaribaldi
12-30-2007, 05:11 AM
We've stayed there 2 or 3 times and really liked it. I like the theme and I like the individual pools for each group of buildings. I can't remember where we stayed but each time it was nice. We never request anything special when we go. Also we don't use the buses, we rent a car. I think your family will like it. It's really big but very nice. I can send you some pics if you want to see the rooms. :newyear:

BronxTigger
12-30-2007, 07:35 AM
Make sure you request two "connecting rooms" so that there is the door between the two rooms.

There are no elevators, but the highest floor is the second.

CBR preferred rooms are in Martinique (3 buildings...half the "village") and all 3 buildings of Trinidad North.

Trinidad South and Barbados are the farthest from Old Port Royale; Aruba and Jamaica are across the lake from Old Port Royale but you can walk across the island.

I have photos (http://travel.webshots.com/album/560609079FdXLbZ) of CBR on my webshots page. I stayed there in August 2007.

MinnieMommie
12-30-2007, 08:17 AM
We stayed there a while ago on a trip when we brought my mom and got 2 rooms. We had a fantastic time and loved this resort! With the age of your family You will likely enjoy having the option of using the main pool or the quite pool by your unit. :mickey:

nanapop
12-30-2007, 09:00 AM
We love CRB. Our favorite resort.
Coming from the cold, white north in the winter we enjoy the color and liveliness of CRB.
It is so romantic at night with the lights around the lake and cozy walking paths.
DH and I have spent full afternoons just laying in a hammock and napping.
Took our grandkids to food court and their meals came in a pail and shovel. Cute! And practical because then we took them to the playground.

PetefromRI
12-30-2007, 10:21 AM
We prefer to pay a little more and stay closer to the foodcourt and main pool.We stayed in Aruba last time though and it was pretty nice,just a nice walk across the bridge to the foodcourt.If walking is a problem though I'd stay in a preferred room as this is a big resort.We think that this may be one of the nicest resorts in Disney,deffinitley the best bang for your buck!

MNNHFLTX
12-30-2007, 10:45 AM
If you look at the map of the Caribbean Beach Resort (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/caribbeanbeach07.JPG) located in the resort section of INTERCOT, you will be able to see what buildings are close to Old Port Royale and the pool (although in late November to early December it might end being a bit chilly for swimming). I think the buildings in Aruba and Jamaica that are directly across the bridge from Old Port Royale and the pool are ideal. We stayed in Jamaica in one of the buildings that was a little further away and although it was a bit more of a walk it was very pleasant. One drawback to the Caribbean Beach, in my opinion, is that the Customs House (where you check in and check out) is not located in the same building or area as Old Port Royale. Definitely make use of the vans and carts they use to bring people and their luggage to and from their room; it potentially be a very long walk otherwise.

CleveRocks
12-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Definitely make use of the vans and carts they use to bring people and their luggage to and from your room; it potentially be a very long walk otherwise.There is an internal shuttle bus that stops at each village plus Old Port Royale and the Custom House. I've never heard of them providing rides in vans and carts with the single exception of when you are checking in with luggage. Other than that, if you don't wish to walk from one far-flung location to another then the only option is the internal shuttle.

mouselover93
12-30-2007, 05:27 PM
i just gotback 2 weeks ago and its gorgeous its a lil confusing the 1st day. the rooms are nice and so is the setting you would never know your in disney:newyear:

johnsouthjersey
12-30-2007, 08:44 PM
We've stayed at CBR 4 out of the last 5 years, nothing but good things to say and happy memories for us. We stayed 2 yrs at Trinidad North, 2 yrs at Martinique. If you're going to be eating routinely at the food court, the preferred location room does save you walking time, and the OPR refillable mugs may be worth considering. Enjoy!

MNNHFLTX
12-31-2007, 12:03 PM
There is an internal shuttle bus that stops at each village plus Old Port Royale and the Custom House. I've never heard of them providing rides in vans and carts with the single exception of when you are checking in with luggage. Other than that, if you don't wish to walk from one far-flung location to another then the only option is the internal shuttle.Check-in and check-out is the situation I was describing for the use of the vans and carts. Yes, otherwise you have to use the internal shuttle to get around the resort, if you don't want to walk.

Belle1217
12-31-2007, 05:26 PM
Thanks for all of the great info. Think this is where we are going to stay. One more question
What is the square footage of the room?
Is it 314 or 340. :mickey:

BronxTigger
12-31-2007, 06:47 PM
340. The rooms are about 2 feet wider than the other moderates. It was the first moderate built, which may be why the rooms are a bit bigger than the others.

coloradowendyl
12-31-2007, 07:33 PM
I love Caribbean Beach! I have stayed in both Barbados and Trinidad South. Even though many people feel Trinidad South is a walk from everything, I loved it and would stay there again.

We had a bus stop right by the room, a quiet pool, and the laundry right there. Our room was right outside a courtyard and it was very quiet.

I timed the walk from Old Port Royal and even meandering at a slow pace, it was 6 minutes.

Wendy

Belle1217
12-31-2007, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the pictures Bronx Tigger.

BronxTigger
12-31-2007, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the pictures Bronx Tigger.

You're welcome!

RAIDER
01-04-2008, 03:56 AM
Ive stayed their twice and i must say i love it . It has many private pools and the beach surroundings give it a very relaxed atmosphere . My only word of advice is that if you get a second floor room is that they have no lifts so f you have any heavy luggage it can be fun ...The food court is excellent and there is alot to do within the complex such as boating and bike riding etc ...

I would advise your case 2 rooms .....have fun :thumbsup:

Volunteer
01-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Mom and I stayed in Trinidad North in September and loved it. I'd hate to have to ride the bus just to get to OPR. Definitely worth the extra money for preferred! :mickey:

trennedy
01-04-2008, 05:55 PM
We really enjoyed our stay at CBR. I would definately do the preferred room again if I stayed there. We were in Martinique 26 and it was steps from anything we wanted to do. We are going back in Oct. 08, but are going up to a delux because DS and DD are getting to the age that two double beds are a bit too snug...I have only great things to say though about CBR...ENJOY:mickey:

PeterPan
01-04-2008, 09:18 PM
I think the only draw back to CBR is the fact that the bus stops at every "village" before departing, and then you may have several stops at the end of the day before you get to your "village." That can get tedious. Sometimes, you just want to get home and get off the bus.

worfarino
01-05-2008, 09:56 AM
We love CBR! We stayed there when my daughter was 3 and had a blast. The food court places the kids' meals in a pail with a shovel attached...she had so much fun digging in the sand on the beach and we had so much fun watching her from our hammock! We stayed in the Martinique section which was very convenient to the bus stops, food court, pools etc.

Have a great time! I don't think you will be disappointed!