PDA

View Full Version : Change of plans. Need suggestions for ADR's.

amball
12-29-2007, 08:18 PM
We had to change our plans and are now staying at the Port Orleans Riverside - due to the fact there are 5 of us. My DH, DS 11, 9, and DD 7, and I. I was a little disappointed because it doesn't seem very Disney-ish or Florida-ish. Anyway, now I am re-doing our ADR's. Our first night there we are not going to any park but as we are on the DDP I was thinking of Planet Hollywood since Triple AAA is giving us a $15 gift certificate there. I already have an ADR for Boma's the second night since we will be at AK. The third day though we are planning on going to MGM and I am not convinced on their restaurants for a TS I was thinking 50's Prime Time but my son is worried they'll pick on him for eating all his vegetables. Does anyone know of a good restaurant near MGM at maybe a resort that we could dine at? Also, our last day we will be at MK and I have ADR for Whispering Canyon but now I am thinking Ohana's to get more of our moneys worth on the DDP.

So it breaks down like this:
June 19: Planet Hollywood
June 20: Boma's at 6 pm
June 21: ????
June 22: Whispering Canyon at 6 pm??? maybe Ohana's

Any suggestions?
Thank you!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-29-2007, 08:41 PM
:thumbsup: I've heard 50s Prime Time picks on everyone even the adults, I don't think they'll single your son out, but there's always that chance....Sci Fi at MGM is really fun, you can sit in old cars and watch the old silly Sci fi movies...we didn't care for Mama Melrose's but it seems to get good reviews so maybe we'll try it again...We are going to try Hollywood and Vine next trip, but you'll get mixed reviews on that one too....I've heard good things about both O'Hanas and Whispering Canyon....Oops, I don't think I've been much help....there's so much to choose from, that I would suggest going in and looking at the menus on info central to help your choice.:blush:

Jared
12-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Whispering Canyon Cafe and 'Ohana are both great options, but I prefer 'Ohana. You'll probably have a good experience at either place.

I don't particularly enjoy the dining at the Disney-MGM Studios (I can use that name for another day or two), but the 50's Prime Time Cafe is probably the best restaurant worth one table service credit on the Disney Dining Plan. My family enjoys Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano, but it generally receives mixed reviews.

:tasty:

Kairi_7378
12-30-2007, 09:58 AM
I would choose Ohana over Whispering Canyon Cafe. On your MGM day I would consider hopping over to Epcot and trying Coral Reef or one of the WS restaurants. The Brown Derby is great but it is 2 TS credits.

DisneyTwinsMommy
12-30-2007, 09:59 AM
How about Cape May Clambake at the Beach Club... It is a nice walk or boat ride away from MGM...

I personally don't care for any TS (or counter service for that matter) in MGM... I would much rather go to one of the Epcot resorts. You could also try Beaches n Cream for ice cream! :mickey:

BronxTigger
12-30-2007, 10:17 AM
On your MGM day I would suggest Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club but they do not take ADRs and I don't know if they are on the dining plan.

I agree with other posters...try hopping to Epcot and choosing something there if you have a park hopper. If not, look at the restaurants at Yacht/Beach Club or at the Boardwalk.