PDA

View Full Version : Christmas week

dtootsie42
12-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Ok, we maybe crazy, but because our one of our daughters will be a junior in college in 2008 and the other will be a Freshman in college with our youngest a senior in high school, we are thinking of going to Disneyland the week of Christmas in 2008. Due to college expense we will not be staying on site but will stay we think either at Howard Johnsons or the Candy Cane. Can anybody tell us how bad the crowds will be that week? We know it is going to be crazy but how crazy is crazy? Also has anybody gone that week and what was their experience? Thanks for the help. :mickey:

NotaGeek
12-29-2007, 04:50 PM
I was there this year December 21-23 and it was crazy. I only rode maybe 7 rides the whole weekend ... thankfully I have an Annual Pass and go to DLR several times a year, so I could just relax and enjoy the company of great friends with a few :beer: to ease the pain.

Evidently from 24-26 the park was at capacity by the afternoon and DLR was only allowing one day tickets into DCA, as DL was full to the brim.

The week of Christmas is ALWAYS busy. Disneyland is the #1 destination on the West Coast, no one is in school, and it's not a secret that DL makes for a GREAT holiday getaway.

tinkwest
12-30-2007, 10:30 AM
We actually lucked out and missed the madness of 24-26 by one day. BUT, the 27th was still plenty busy - and chilly (some of the longest lines were for coffee & cocoa!). All guests were asked to get their hand stamped for reentry, even Annual Passholders, which indicated they considered reaching capacity a possibility.

We squeezed in about seven attractions within a 12 hour day. We probably could have done more had we not spent so much time at the stores, restaurants, bars, and park benches. We definitely would have done less had we chosen to watch any parades, view Fantasmic!, or brave the Nemo line.

As said before, the holidays are beautiful at DLR, but be prepared to deal with crowds - especially during the 10 days surrounding Christmas and New Years.