PDA

View Full Version : Transportation

jknsak
12-29-2007, 11:29 AM
We, 4 adults, are not staying in a resort on the Disney property: Wyndham Cypress Palms. Can you advise us with the best way to get to and from the airport and the parks?

DizneyFreak2002
12-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Rent a car...

Jillirose
12-29-2007, 12:22 PM
We rented a van both times that we stayed offsite. The bussing to and from the hotels is great, except during spring break. We were there with young children and wished we would have driven to the resort. Due to the exteme crowds, the busses were running hours behind. We were sitting out in the hot parking lot, afraid to leave, for fear of missing the bus when it finally arrived. (Not so for Disney busses, which were coming and going.)

I think if you have young children, you need a car at the park. If your party is older, and can adjust their plans - you have more options. You could go out to eat, see a show, take Disney transport to another area and catch transportation to the hotel from there, if you experience gridlock.

So, take into consideration the age of the travelors, and the time of travel (busiest time?). If you haven't already, checkout the information central page for best times to travel and average temperatures... And, have fun!:mickey:

luvdiznee
12-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Welcome to Intercot! And I agree, renting a car is a good idea it seems for 4 adults. :mickey:

comicguy
12-30-2007, 02:29 PM
I would agree, staying off site, I would rent a car. This will allow the flexibilty for your group and not be tied to outside hotel shuttle service which can be sporadic at best.

faline
12-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Welcome to Intercot!
:mickey:

If you opt not to rent a car, you can also use a town car service such as Quicksilver! (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/)

jknsak
01-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Thank-you for the responses. My family, with 2teenaged kids, were there from Dec. 30-Jan 4.We stayed in Kissimmee. Renting a car was definitely the way to go, as we went to each park from open to close. It gave us the flexibility we needed. Thanks again for the input.