PDA

View Full Version : Cantgetenuff's Christmas Chaos, Wed. Dec. 26

Christine
12-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Okay, the OCD in me is trying to make some normalcy out of the chaos, so I guess I'll start with a consistant thread title! :D

Cast:
me
DH
DD 8

Dec. 24-Jan. 3
ASSports, room 2250

Days 1-3 were all crazy and chaotic, filled with major ups and downs (you can find those reports under some random, sleep deprived, rambling titles!).

Now I will try to be a bit more organized with my reports and thoughts. The operative word here being "try" .

Yesterday (Wednesday) we went to DTD for a bit of shopping. We got some goodies for folks at home, DH got a watch (his WDW watch from 2002 finally kicked the bucket) and I got another Chamilia charm for my bracelet (a Minnie to go with my Mickey!)

After a nice lunch at Earl of Sandwich, we headed back to the resort to drop off our goodies, then went to MGM where we would be meeting our friends Brian and Michelle.

I guess our heads were still floating on the Disney magic of the past few days, or at least John's was, b/c as we stepped off the bus he misjudged his step and stubbed, no slammed, his toe into the curb. He said, "I think I just broke my toe." I said, "I'm sorry." and we moved on.

We met up with our friends, had dinner at Pizza Planet (after being laughed at by asking if there were any reservations to be had :) ) and headed to the 10:00 FAntasmic (with a quick stop to the candy store on the way :blush:).

When we go to line up for Fantasmic (the 8:30 show is almost over and ready to dismiss) DD tells me she needs a restroom. By the time we get back, it is a sea of people and I know we will not get back to John. I call him and he says he'll call when they're seated and tell us where to find them.

No sweat. Well as the sea of people becomes a tsunami of people, I begin to have what I can only imagine is a panic attack. We were crammed together so tightly, I cannot describe it. My head started spinning, I got hot, dizzy, and my heart was beating out of control. I felt people touching me everywhere, my DD was starting to panic (no doubt sensing mine) and you literally couldn't move. I knew I had to keep calm or I would scare Olivia, so I tried to take some deep breaths and think of other things. I can only imagine how scary it was for her...she kept screaming (b/c you couldn't her her otherwise) "I can't see the sky!"

I must say the entire ordeal makes me a bit nervous for what New Years Eve will hold. I wonder if the First Aid centers have Xanex? :D

Finally 32 minutes later we're allowed to start the trek to the show, I met up with the others and everything was ok again, :whew:

AFter this, Olivia and I went to the dance party in front of the hat (where I temporarily lost my mind again and did the hokey pokey and chicken dance! :secret:) and shopped while the others rode ToT.

when we all met up, we headed to the movie ride, then home.

when we got home, John pulls off his sock and shoe, and his middle toes is JET BLACK! the nail is a bit purple, but the digit itself is BLACK, crooked, and he cannot move it. at all.

So I look online for what to do with a broken toe, and it says to nothing but stay off of it. That should be easy with 8 days remaining on our trip. :shake:

Luckily, with the crowd levels we're experiencing, he can hobble along as slowly as he needs to b/c you can't get anywhere fast in the cattle drive anyway! (see we're still trying to think positively! ;) )

Today we're heading to EPCOT. I will have a report (and I promise John will get photos up, too!) soon.

Thanks for reading,
Christine

Caroleh
12-29-2007, 10:18 AM
Oh, Christine...the troubles you are having.:( :hug: I hope things get better soon!!

:pixie::pixie: for John's toe. Hey, get him a scooter, you might get through the crowds faster!!!:D (just joking!!!)

ChipnDaleGal
12-29-2007, 10:47 AM
Poor John! This trip has certainly had fantastic highs, and awful lows. I hope that it isn't too hard for him to get around for the rest of your trip. :(

pogo
12-29-2007, 12:17 PM
My.... my, Christine...... you've had so many experiences already ! I wonder what will happen next. :confused:

Will John's toe fall off...:faint:... will a video of you doing the chicken dance show up on U Tube ? :funny:

We will have to saty tuned to find out ! :D

tinkerbell04
12-29-2007, 12:38 PM
I am glad to hear that you are trying to make the best of your troubles! I hope John's toe is better, or at least functioning for the rest of the trip! Cant wait to hear more:mickey:

RedheadWriter
12-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Oh, the toe sounds awful :( I was in pain just thinking about it.

princessjojo
12-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Oh no, just when you think it's about to turn out for the best, something happens...I hope his toe gets better soon, or at least becomes tolerable. I agree with the scooter, haha.

But at least you have clean socks for the toe...

disneydeb
12-29-2007, 02:07 PM
John needs a scooter! Medic! Medic!:ambal:

AbeeNormal
12-29-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about DH's toe :( especially with 8 days left in the trip.

Oh Boy!! I was scared for you both when you were talking about being stuck in with the masses, good for you for hanging in there for your DD. :thumbsup:

I hope this is the end of bad things and on to only good things for the rest of your trip. :D

dolphinmickey9170
12-29-2007, 05:44 PM
I truly understand about the panic attack. I hate being in a crowd that makes you feel like its all closing in around you. I sure hope your hubby's toe is better. Thanks for your crazy and silly reports. I look forward to reading more.

BronxTigger
12-29-2007, 06:27 PM
This is definitely becoming a trip to remember! Didn't you want some new experiences on this trip?

Hair_Razor
12-29-2007, 10:24 PM
What a roller coaster journey I hope things get better. I don't think I will ever try a Christmas Disney trip though. Good Luck!

Dsnygirl
12-30-2007, 12:44 AM
Oh Christine, I'm so sorry to hear about John's toe!! And the crowds sound crazy... but hey, better a crazy day at WDW than a normal day anywhere else, right? That crowd before Fantasmic sounded insane - I can't imagine wading through a group like that!! Poor Olivia!! But I'm glad you guys had an overall good day and got to see your friends... they were really sweet in October. Okay - headed on to read more... :)

ElenitaB
12-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Chaos? Oh no! Please let there not be more "stuff" headed your way! :(

Moving onto your next day to continue reading "The New Adventures of Our Christine"...

princessgirls
12-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Christine,

I like how you just moved on from the "toe issue". The DH is a trooper. I would have done EXACTLY the same thing.

Thanks for sharing your day.

Julie:mickey:

McGoofy
12-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Oooh...the toe story gave me chills, and I'm a nurse!!:nurse:

I hope that you're trip has gotten better. I'm going on to read more reports!

Have a happy New Year!

disneydrmr
12-31-2007, 08:46 AM
Oh my! Poor John! You need to find yourself a rabbit's foot and FAST! Where's Thumper when you need him? I really hope the chaos decides to attach to someone else for the rest of your trip!

KylesMom
12-31-2007, 09:57 AM
You know, the ordeal with entering Fantasmic is absolutely insane. Knowing what it's like in the summertime, I can't imagine what it would be like during holiday season. I'm glad you and Olivia weren't trampled and you were successful in seeing Mickey beat the bad guys!

Ouch, I know from experience that a broken toe is no fun - but you're right, there's not a whole lot you can do about it. Glad your mindset is to go with the flow, Christine. Looking forward to your Epcot report! :mickey:

BriarRose0708
12-31-2007, 11:46 PM
I'm just catching up here but I hope John's toe is doing better! I'm off to find out.

pdrlkr
01-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the report!

offwego
01-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Poor John! The crowds sound awfully bad I'm sorry you and Olivia were so scared. I hope more magic and less Chaos is to be found.

Mickey'sGirl
01-02-2008, 11:04 AM
I understand your panic at Fantasmic -- we had a similar experience when Euan was a baby exiting MK after Wishes. NEVER again! Way to party it up .... Could you get John to Hokey Pokey with y'all? It sounds like great fun!

faline
01-04-2008, 07:57 AM
Wow! John must be a trooper! How did he get through the whole day with such a painful toe! Disney World is no place to have problems with your feet!

I understand what you mean about the crowds. We once got stuck in a similar crowd on Christmas day in the Magic Kingdom. It was scary! And...enough to make me decide to leave the park entirely as soon as we could move again!

Bethis26fan
01-05-2008, 09:33 AM
wow your poor dh. I hope things go better.

DizNee143
01-07-2008, 12:40 PM
a bit better of a day..
and omg..im at work reading these..i totally just busted out laughing with your convo you had with your hubby about his broken toe...lol..classic!!
but in all seriousness i hope his toe is doing better by now..:mickey: