PDA

View Full Version : Planning trip/what if I have to cancel?

starrmomof2
12-28-2007, 11:01 PM
For a little background, we went on our first family trip to the World last year in late September and loved it. After coming home, we have 'planned' on returning in '08 at the same time. My children have been on a year round calendar for school so it's a great time for us to travel (they're on break and the crowds are low). My situation is this: My DS10 will be moving to middle school this year and will no longer be on a year round calendar, as will his younger brother who is 8. I'd still like for us to go, but will not know until school starts (Aug. 25 or later) if he will have teachers that will work with him missing school for a week. If we go ahead and book a vacation in the spring for travel in late September, and then his teachers will not allow the week to be missed for travel, will I lose my deposit or any part of it?
Thanks for any help!!

DizneyRox
12-29-2007, 12:56 AM
For a little background, we went on our first family trip to the World last year in late September and loved it. After coming home, we have 'planned' on returning in '08 at the same time. My children have been on a year round calendar for school so it's a great time for us to travel (they're on break and the crowds are low). My situation is this: My DS10 will be moving to middle school this year and will no longer be on a year round calendar, as will his younger brother who is 8. I'd still like for us to go, but will not know until school starts (Aug. 25 or later) if he will have teachers that will work with him missing school for a week. If we go ahead and book a vacation in the spring for travel in late September, and then his teachers will not allow the week to be missed for travel, will I lose my deposit or any part of it?
Thanks for any help!!
Depends on the cancellation policy that you accept when you book. I think packages need like 30 days cancellation to not lose anything, where room only is like 5 days.

I would call and ask whoever you will end up booking through.

kakn7294
12-29-2007, 12:57 AM
Somebody may be along that will correct me on this, but this is what I always believed to be the policy: If you book a package, you can cancel anytime before 45 days of your arrival date and not lose any money. If you cancel between 45 days and 5 days, you will lose $100. If you cancel within 5 days of your arrival date, you will lose $200. If you book room only, you have until 5 days before your arrival to cancel or you will forfeit your deposit. The folks from Magical Journeys would be the best to ask!

Tink1
12-29-2007, 09:06 AM
Somebody may be along that will correct me on this, but this is what I always believed to be the policy: If you book a package, you can cancel anytime before 45 days of your arrival date and not lose any money. If you cancel between 45 days and 5 days, you will lose $100. If you cancel within 5 days of your arrival date, you will lose $200. If you book room only, you have until 5 days before your arrival to cancel or you will forfeit your deposit. The folks from Magical Journeys would be the best to ask!

Couldn't have said it better myself Kathy! Yes, this is the policy.

Nanci

kakn7294
12-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself Kathy! Yes, this is the policy.

NanciThanks Nanci! I knew you guys would know for sure!