PDA

View Full Version : First Time Cruiser Question

tanyab02
12-28-2007, 07:36 PM
My husband and I are looking into a December 2008 land/sea package. Is it worth it to purchase the insurance or pass on it? Is there parking at the port for personal vehicles, and if so is there a parking fee?

TammiMcMan
12-28-2007, 07:45 PM
My husband and I are looking into a December 2008 land/sea package. Is it worth it to purchase the insurance or pass on it?I'm from New England and if I were travelling by plane in December, it's something I would definitely consider. It really depends on your own personal circumstances, but I think it's a wise investment.

Is there parking at the port for personal vehicles, and if so is there a parking fee?Yes there is. It's $12 per day.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-28-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm with Tammi on this, I get the insurance and not just in the winter in NE. I've had a flight cancelled in July due to bad weather. The insurance will allow you to catch up to the cruise if necessary or cover you if you have to cancel.
And there is the parking lot right across from the cruise terminal. You can drive up to the terminal to drop passengers and luggage and then go park your car and walk right across the street. Very close and very convenient and I didn't feel any fear leaving the rental car there while we were gone.

tanyab02
12-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Thank you both for your help.