PDA

View Full Version : POTC Trilogy Box Set

The Flying Dutchman
12-28-2007, 05:51 PM
I've searched all over and can't find any kind of answer for this question. Does anyone know if/when a POTC box set will come out? I am a huge fan but didn't purchase #2 or 3 because I figured that a set would come out and I didn't want to own multiple DVDs of the same movies.
Can anyone fill me in on what's going on?

:pirate:

The Flying Dutchman
12-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Am I right to assume that no one else has any information on this then? So frustrating! Whenever I pass the DVDs I can't help but be tempted, but I know as soon as I cave, the next week they will be out as the set!

Please, does anyone have any info?!?!

NotaGeek
12-30-2007, 01:41 PM
i did a Google search, as I am sure you did, and there is nothing out about a box set.

There is no one on here that I know of that works for an inside source for movie distribution, so any info we would have, would be from the same place that you have access to, the WWW. I am 100% sure that Disney will release an over-priced box set though ... don't worry you will have the opportunity soon I am sure.

Sorry.

The Flying Dutchman
12-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Shoot, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the response though!

PirateLover
12-30-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm not as certain about a box set. I think it is more likely that they will re-release each one separately with more features, and possibly only on blu-ray. They are already releasing separate versions of movies for blu ray as it is.

PiratesLifeForMe3
12-30-2007, 05:50 PM
The two disc edition of At World's End is to be discontinued in stores around September, I believe, so I'm guessing next Christmas there will be a box set along the lines of Indiana Jones where there were the three movies in a single disc format and then one disc full of special features. If they do this, you're probably not going to see anything worthwhile thats new in a box set.

SimbaandNalasMama
01-06-2008, 01:00 PM
I was really surprised they didnt rush out a boxed set this past Christmas, even tho POTC: At World's End was released Dec 4. Next Christmas does make so much more sense, now that I think about it. Mo money for Disney ;) I don't care, I will buy it, and I am sure that's what they already know....we will shell out the dough...hehe. :D

NJBelle
01-07-2008, 11:51 AM
I didn't see a box set. We just bought #3 for Christmas as we bought #2 for CHristmas last year. A box set would be cool though.

CaptSmee
01-10-2008, 11:24 PM
There's a nice box set for the soundtracks, but not the movies as of yet. I wouldn't be suprised if they release one in the future, but no word has been released yet. I just got all the 2 disc editions myself.