PDA

View Full Version : Toll free number for making ADRs?

bobpfef
12-28-2007, 04:30 PM
I used to be able to dial 1-800-828-0228 to make my ADRs, but when I tried it today I got a recording saying it was in inactive number.

Did they switch it to another number? Is they any way to make a toll free call to get ADRs?

DizneyRox
12-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Most if not all the toll free numbers are gone. I heard there was one left, but I'm not sure if it's still active. If you search for toll free on these boards, I'm sure it'll come up.

Visilea
12-28-2007, 05:58 PM
I used 1-877-939-3732 today to make my dining reservations. This goes to the Disney Travel Company. Press 3 after the recording starts and they'll switch you to the dining line.

bobpfef
12-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Thanks! Worked perfectly. I hope they don't shut that one down too :secret:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the number. I missed being able to call the old one for free.

cperry92380
01-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the #.
I noticed that they had disconnected the other 800# too... strange.
Glad to have the new one!

TheRustyScupper
01-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks! Worked perfectly. I hope they don't shut that one down too :secret:

1) The toll-free numbers are for travel agents.
2) But, a few gave out the numbers.
3) So, when they got too used, WDW shut them off.
4) I am sure they will do the same with the above number.
5) Toll-free numbers were not meant for the public to use for ressies.

NOTE: It costs a lot of money to run 800-numbers. Each of our 800-lines runs as much as $35,000 per month, and that is only daytime usage. You can imagine WDW's bill for 800-numbers when the public uses them from 7:00am-10:00pm.

cperry92380
01-03-2008, 02:13 PM
1) The toll-free numbers are for travel agents.
2) But, a few gave out the numbers.
3) So, when they got too used, WDW shut them off.
4) I am sure they will do the same with the above number.
5) Toll-free numbers were not meant for the public to use for ressies.

NOTE: It costs a lot of money to run 800-numbers. Each of our 800-lines runs as much as $35,000 per month, and that is only daytime usage. You can imagine WDW's bill for 800-numbers when the public uses them from 7:00am-10:00pm.

Interesting to know... but I'll use anything I can get FREE from Disney for as long as I can.
Strange how other companies will give out their 800 numbers, but Disney doesn't want to have the expense?!?!?!

jszczur5
01-03-2008, 02:42 PM

That doesn't seem like a lot of money for a multi-billion dollar company like Disney to pay.
That being said, I have only ever called 1-407-WDW-DINE. Last year, it took 40 minutes to place all my ADR's (including hold times). At 5 cents a minute, It seemed like a few bucks well spent.

DizneyRox
01-03-2008, 05:08 PM
If they have it, I will use it. Better their dime than mine, but I understand that it's a bill they would not like to have. Since people are going anyway, why not make guests pay for the phone calls. The other choice is guests not having dining reservations, which everyone now know isn't a good idea, so they will call whatever number they need to.

SignguyTom
01-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Interesting to know... but I'll use anything I can get FREE from Disney for as long as I can.
Strange how other companies will give out their 800 numbers, but Disney doesn't want to have the expense?!?!?!

It took me 2 hours to make 14 ADRs in November. New CM. VERY slow and deliberate. I used free weekend minutes on my cell phone, so there was no cost to me anyway. Maybe Disney can't afford to pay for that guy's phone time...;)

Actually, my guess is that a very high percentage of WDW guests have cell phones and many use them for ADRs - making the 800 number issue more or less a moot point... :call: Besides, they must be passing the savings on to us, right? :thumbsup:

jszczur5
01-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Besides, they must be passing the savings on to us, right? :thumbsup:

Too funny.

goin2disney
01-03-2008, 09:28 PM
How ironic, I am on hold right now (12 minutes so far) on 407 wdw dine. Fortunate for me I have enough minutes to use.

AND this is my 3rd call this week. Hopefully my last. We are always changing our minds but getting too close now to change anything else.

cperry92380
01-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Actually, my guess is that a very high percentage of WDW guests have cell phones and many use them for ADRs - making the 800 number issue more or less a moot point... :call:

One would think, but they still can afford the line... no question about that. The real problem is their greed... but... guess that's all companies.
Yea, I've got a cell, but when I'm avaliable to make ADRs is when I get home from work, and living out in the country (i.e., STICKS!!!) the cell reception is ****, so that isn't an option for me.
Even though 5 cents a minute is a good deal, I believe I'm spending enough money as it is @ Disney and shouldn't have to spend any more to call THEM. I don't think that's too unreasonable.:confused:

SignguyTom
01-04-2008, 10:17 AM
One would think, but they still can afford the line... no question about that. The real problem is their greed... but... guess that's all companies.
Yea, I've got a cell, but when I'm avaliable to make ADRs is when I get home from work, and living out in the country (i.e., STICKS!!!) the cell reception is ****, so that isn't an option for me.
Even though 5 cents a minute is a good deal, I believe I'm spending enough money as it is @ Disney and shouldn't have to spend any more to call THEM. I don't think that's too unreasonable.:confused:

I understand what you mean. My cell reception was bad at my house until the past few months. They must have recently added a tower or had BALCO come tune up the existing one. ;)

But, yeah, you'd think that when you are dropping that kind of cash on meals/hotel/park passes that they could at least foot the bill for the phone call. The worst part is having to pay for the call and then being put on hold. For a savings of $35,000 per line per month (quote TheRustyScupper), they could add a qualified CM or 2 to help answer the phones, don't you think?

cperry92380
01-04-2008, 10:49 AM
For a savings of $35,000 per line per month (quote TheRustyScupper), they could add a qualified CM or 2 to help answer the phones, don't you think?
Ha, we can only wish!!! :thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
01-04-2008, 01:42 PM
. . . AND this is my 3rd call this week . . .

1) This is one reason why no 1-800 number.
2) Guests just don't call in and make their ressie.
3) They call several times to change ressies.
4) Thus, added expense for no added revenue.

NOTE: I am not using goin2disney as blame, just as an example. I think ALL of us have called to change ressies. I know I have. Think of 15,000,000 people calling, costing 28¢ per minute per call times several calls per person.

TheRustyScupper
01-04-2008, 01:44 PM
$35,000 per line per month (quote TheRustyScupper)

1) That is per line with call charges.
2) And, we don't have that many calls per line compared to WDW.

TBY2225
01-04-2008, 02:09 PM
I also happily use the toll free 877 number that I found displayed proudly at another WDW website. I have never had a problem being told not to use it. I will continue to use it until they disconnect it!

goin2disney
01-05-2008, 09:21 PM
I can't compain. I probably call a dozen times before our trip! AND usually I get excellent service and advice calling the 407 number. I do not mind using my cell phone minutes.

However, I know some people who pay for long distance this could be costly.

DizneyRox
01-06-2008, 01:17 AM
However, I know some people who pay for long distance this could be costly.
Which is the very reason that Disney doesn't want to foot the bill for it. Those poeple may have a smaller more managable charge on their phone bill, Disney would have thousands and thousands of those charges. As stated, it does nothing for the bottom line, people WILL call the 407 number if there was no other option, so getting rid of the toll free numbers makes sound business cents.

jszczur5
01-06-2008, 01:25 AM
[I]NOTE: I am not using goin2disney as blame, just as an example. I think ALL of us have called to change ressies. I know I have. I]

No, not ALL of us. We have used DDP twice (each trip was 10 days/9 nights) and I only had to phone once for each trip. I tell my family, after months (literally) of plannng, that once made, the ressies are carved in stone, barring a restaurant closure or dinner show cancellation.
However, the reason that I refuse to change ADR's once they have been made may be because I do call (from Canada) on my own dime, and I value the time and the little bit of cash I invested.
I am currently planning our ADR's for August/September, and am just waiting for the park calendars, so I can plan around Extra Magic Evenings. This year, I will making ADR's for 2 families each consisiting of 4 people, and more than half of the ADR's for my youngest brother's family of 4.

TheRustyScupper
01-06-2008, 10:58 AM
No, not ALL of us. We have used DDP twice (each trip was 10 days/9 nights) and I only had to phone once for each trip. I tell my family, after months (literally) of plannng, that once made, the ressies are carved in stone, barring a restaurant closure or dinner show cancellation.

1) Excellent.
2) I love people who make up their mind and stick to it.
3) Good job of planning.