PDA

View Full Version : Entree recommedations

ncrohrs
12-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Hi!

We'll be dining at the following in February and I was wondering if anyone can provide recommendations for what to get as an entree and dessert too!

Thanks!

Poly Feb 2008

LeCellier (lunch)
Coral Reef (dinner)
Kona Cafe (dinner)

TheMartellFamily
12-28-2007, 04:03 PM
at the LeCellier it is the cheese soup with pretzel bread.

Bethanymouse
12-28-2007, 05:25 PM
At Le Cellier, I recommend the cheddar cheese soup appetizer, the filet with mushroom risotto entree and the chocolate cake dessert- (i think it is whiskey cake).

At Kona I recommend the steak as well. I had a salad for an appetizer which was delicious. I think it had apples and bleu cheese. Enjoy!

Samtastic
12-28-2007, 06:00 PM
I'll let you know when I'm on back on the 15th, I'm eating at all those places!

mudpuppysmom
12-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Not that these are entrees, but:

Pretzel bread at LeCellier is really good!

Sticky wings at Kona are awesome!!

Noahrk
01-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Kona- sticky wings appetizer a must. Cheesecake for dessert was very good. The steak I had there was not very good.

Le Cellier- Chedder soup appetizer. Any steak for dinner-they have very good steaks imo. Dessert is creme brulee-yummy.

Jared
01-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Kona Cafe is one of my favorite restaurants in Walt Disney World, and I've tried several dishes. I haven't eaten there, however, since the menu changed a few months ago.

My favorite appetizer is definitely the wings, served with a spicy mustard drizzle and sesame seeds. They are similar to the wings at 'Ohana next door, but I think I prefer these. The sauce is sweet and spicy, working perfectly with the chicken. Make sure to ask for extra napkins.

I also really enjoy the crab cake appetizer, but other restaurants serve equally delicious crab cakes.

For the entree, I recommend the shrimp and scallops served with sticky rice and ponzu, drizzled with spicy guava-passion fruit and wasabi cream sauces.

Before the menu changes, my favorite dessert was the Kilauea torte, but I understand it's changed since my last meal at Kona Cafe. Instead consider the macadamia nut chocolate tart.

jpH/keD
01-01-2008, 01:49 PM
We went to LeCellier for dinner in Nov07. We had a party of 11. My picks were cheddar cheese soup, filet and creme brulee. I loved everything I ate. My ds had mussels, prime rib and mousse. He wasnt too thrilled about the prime rib but he loved everything else. Our teenager said the prime rib was the best steak he had ever eaten so that gets mixed reviews. We also had the pretzel bread which was great. My mil had shrimp coctail for her appetizer and loved it. Most of the ladies in our group had creme brulee an we all would choose that again! Some of the guys had the barley soup and raved about that too.

Enjoy and happy dining! :thumbsup:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-01-2008, 03:01 PM
I agree with most about Kona. At Lecellier we have eaten about 10 times and I have never had anything bad here. Every menu item we have tried was fantastic and we always get great service. That said the cheddar cheese soup, any steak especially the fillet, and the brulee's we awesome. At Coral Reef (which always gets mixes reviews) has always been good for us. Not much selection of seafood which is odd but the wasabi tuna was amazing. My wife always enjoys the NY strip. For apps the lobster bisque soup is great and no doubt the Choc. whiskey cake for dessert. Have a fantastic time all three are awesome choices to eat.