PDA

View Full Version : Pillsbury discontinued?

ImagiAsh
12-28-2007, 03:43 PM
I know it's a bit late to ask, but did anyone happen to see those Pillsbury dough sugar cookie rolls for the holidays? You know, the ones with the Christmas tree designs on 'em or snowmen. I thought my local Safeway store had run out of them back at college, but I came home for winter break and my Mom mentioned she couldn't find them anywhere here (on Long Island) either. It's been a tradition to make these cookies while decorating the Christmas tree, so I feel like we missed out this year. I hope they aren't discontinued!

MNNHFLTX
12-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Maybe they just ran out of them early in your area? They were definitely stocked in local grocery stores here starting right after Thanksgiving.

KarenP
12-28-2007, 03:56 PM
We had them in the stores here in PA too.

BronxTigger
12-28-2007, 04:04 PM
I saw rolls of sugar cookies but not ones with pictures in them. I did see "break and bake" type holiday cookies with the pictures on them. They were next to the rolls of sugar cookie dough.

I thought I saw a thread on here that did say the rolls were discontinued and they only had break and bake this year.

Pipalotta
12-28-2007, 04:37 PM
I think I read somewhere that they are kind of doing away with the slice and bake ones with the designs on them in favor of the break apart ones.

SBETigg
12-28-2007, 05:10 PM
No more slice and bake here. The store had the kind that came in a separate refrigerated bin, I guess the break-and-bake kind? Still Pillsbury, just in a different form and they were closer to the dairy section, not where they usually keep the slice and bakes.

Tinkermom
12-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Yup, they discontinued the slice and bake with the designs in the middle. At least here in the midwest there are none to be found. They do have the place and bake with the designs in the center though. I bought some of the Christmas trees ones. :)