PDA

View Full Version : Rates Change During Stay???

Grumpys Crew
12-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Hi Friends! I was just making a rese. for WDW wilderness lodge for next(2008) December, and on the dates I requested,(Thursday thru Wed.) Disneys Web Site gave me THREE Rate Changes-thursday was the lowest and then there was a large increase for Fri., Sat., and Sun. nites and then a little lower on Monday thru Wednesday! I have NEVER encountered this before!!! My Experience with Disney has always been, The rate of the first night was the rate you paid every night of your stay!! The rates have NEVER been increased or lowered during ANY of our stays before and I was wondering if AAnyone else knew anything about this?? Cast members please educate the rest of us!! I certainly hope this is not the case but I fear that it is---now disney will be like all the other outside propertys. So-Sad!! Thanks

DizneyRox
12-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Welcome to change! THis is new policy at Disney, as it is with every other major hotel chain.

Rates are based on the nights you are there, NOT when you start your vacation.

Enjoy!

PetefromRI
12-28-2007, 02:28 PM
I know,it's kind of a bummer,but i guess it was just a matter of time.:(

Figment!
12-28-2007, 02:33 PM
This is a new policy for standard bookings starting 2008.

The policy change was announced in August 2007.

See Date Specific Pricing (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1379127#post1379127)for further details.

This policy also applied to certain promotions that were offered during Fall 2007, although it was not yet in effect for standard bookings.

Goofeygal
12-28-2007, 04:12 PM
It is sad and that is one reason we are staying off property this up coming visit.:mad: