PDA

View Full Version : contemporary resort

mouselover93
12-28-2007, 01:18 PM
in december '08 im goin back to disney and staying at the contemporay theme park view. i've been in the hotel before for breakfast at chef-mickeys but overall how is the staff, rooms etc:mickey:

DawsonAR
12-28-2007, 02:20 PM
We stayed there in Novemeber and the staff was wonderful and the rooms were fantastic. I think the rooms are my favorite of all we have experienced. I didn't think I would like the resort at all and I fell in love!

pox24
12-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Great choice. All reburbished rooms, flat screens. Newly remodeled lobby. Take me with you! :thumbsup:

javamama
12-28-2007, 10:22 PM
That was the first resort we ever stayed at back in '79, and in '08 I still love it. I tried to stay there again for our '08 trip but the Poly worked out better. I love it there!

#1donaldfan
12-29-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm sure the staff are very nice and I'm sure it's a wonderful place to stay, but.....and I'm sorry to be a little negative.....my mother stayed there a couple of years ago and we met her there one day for lunch.....it just seemed too hotelish, more like a hotel rather than a resort....I love CM's and the Concourse Steak House....I'm sure it's nice to see the fireworks from your room and be so close to MK, I just like the resort feel much better elsewhere....:mickey:

busterthebronco
12-29-2007, 06:42 PM
its my fav!
i just love the monorail buzzing through the hotel!
i like the modern style too.
i'm in construction so im around all the "normal" architecture all day.
its the first stop on the way home too.
steakhouse.
chef mickeys.
arcade.
24 hour snacks.

mrsgaribaldi
12-29-2007, 06:53 PM
We stayed there Nov 06, MK view. I booked it in May and when we went they said, "sorry, we overbooked and we don't have the MK view" Meanwhile they charged my credit card in May. I was furious since it was for DH's 40th birthday. We switched to the MK view the next day, after we kept calling, and they gave us a discount to help make up for it. The rooms were beautiful but for us the view is not worth the extra $$$. We were hardly ever in the room to enjoy it, just after closing.
The monorail is great, Chef Mickey's and California Grill we hit for his birthday. We love California Grill, have been there many times. Chef Mickeys was nice too but we are not big character diners.
I like the Polynesian better.:mickey:

DisneyGiant
12-29-2007, 09:47 PM
I haven't stayed there since 2004 (we purchased DVC) - but we'd stay there every time if we could!

I know some people feel its too "hotelish" - but c'mon - how many hotels have a monorail going thru it????

We love being so close to Chef Mickey's - the Hoop Dee Doo and Whispering Canyon Cafe are only a boat ride away (they are a pain in the neck to get to if you stay at other resorts), and Epcot transportation is so easy!!!!

Plus - you can walk to and from the MK if you don't feel like waiting for the monorail!!!!