PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining 2008

nls721
12-27-2007, 05:36 PM
I tried to do a search already and I've seen some people say they've received free dining for Sept 2008 already. We are getting ready to book an Oct 2008 pkg. But, if I could dine for free in Sept, I don't mind changing our plans. Does anyone know if it has actually been released or is it just a rumor that since they did Sept '07 they'll do '08?
Also, I believe before they released in summer for free dining. I'm a bit of a planner. If they release free dining after I booked, I am able to add it, correct?
Thanks!

DizneyRox
12-27-2007, 06:15 PM
"Free" dining is not really free, but I'm sure you know that.

In the past, "free" dining meant paying rack rates on the room. It's also not a guarantee that you can just add it to your existing reservation. You see, it's an incentive to get people on property (low occupancy at the hotels), and since you already booked a room, your reservation may have pumped your resort above the occupancy level needed to offer the "free" dining at your resort or maybe even just your room type (preferred vs standard, etc).

If you are ble to add it, there MAY be additional money due on your part to get the "free" dining as well. If your room was discounted for any number of reasons, you would actually have to bump up the room rate to the rack rate in order to qualify.

I believe the "free" dining that people are bragging about having already was a promotion where if you booked next years stay while you were there this year, it was offered. Again, it's not really "free", but it was probably enough to get people to sign up.

You can expect the general public version of "free" dining to be announced much later next year, if at all. Again, if vacation bookings are up, it may not be necessary to lure people in with gimicky offers like "free" dining.

luvdiznee
12-27-2007, 07:04 PM
And with the changes in the DP as of 2008 it seems the 40% off room only offer I believe that was offered on our last visit is a better deal?:mickey:

Strmchsr
12-27-2007, 07:05 PM
I believe the "free" dining that people are bragging about having already was a promotion where if you booked next years stay while you were there this year, it was offered. Again, it's not really "free", but it was probably enough to get people to sign up.

Yep, that's it. It was called the "bounce-back offer" and you had to put your deposit down on your 2008 trip before checking out on your 2007 trip. The last 3 years of "free" dining were announced first of April and you had to book by mid June. If you go ahead and book through Magical Journeys for late August of early to mid September they will automatically switch your package to the "free" dining if and when it is announced without you having to do anything.

:welcome: to Intercot, BTW!!!!!

cajunprincess
12-27-2007, 10:11 PM
I would assume they would offer the regular dining for free and not the deluxe dining. Also, now that gratutity is not included, one could only assume that you will get a bill for gratutity??????

DizneyRox
12-27-2007, 10:44 PM
I would assume they would offer the regular dining for free and not the deluxe dining. Also, now that gratutity is not included, one could only assume that you will get a bill for gratutity??????

Well, gratuity is optional by definition, so I can't imagine they can give you a bill for it, but that's what they do with the DDE.

I'd love to hear the first trip report about the DDP on January 1st, that's D-Day.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-28-2007, 10:04 PM
It was offered to us when we were there the end of Aug, beginning of Sept 2007 as long as you booked before you checked out.