PDA

View Full Version : Top 25 Characters

Greenlawler
12-27-2007, 02:33 AM
Now I know I will step on some toes, but I am a fan of ranking things (I once sat down and ranked the top 500). I thought it would be fun to show you my top 20 and let you guys debate.
This is just simply based on the overall popularity of the character, not their park meet n greets. You will most definatly think your favorite should be higher but this will be fun.
1 Mickey (little question here)
2. Donald (also little question)
3. Pooh (this one may spawn debate, but who has more merch, more t.v. shows, more appearances than Pooh?)
4. Goofy ( a solid number four)
5. Minnie
6. Tigger (you cannot deny his popularity)
7. Pluto (the last of the big 5)
8. Snow White (the original princess)
9. Ariel (IMO the most popular of the other princesses)
10. Cinderella
11. Eeyore
12. Tinkerbell (every year she moves up)
13. Belle
14. Piglet
15. Chip and Dale
16. Peter Pan
17. Dumbo
18. Pinochio (every year he moves down)
19. Aladin
20. The Beast
21. Dopey (massive popularity is fading)
22. Buzz Lightyear
23. Bambi
24. Woody
25. Stitch (they keep pushing him?)
others to consider.....
Captain Jack (moving up with a bullet), Grumpy, Aurora, Baloo (the most prolific charcater from one of Disney's biggest movies), Huey, Dewey, and Louie, Lightning McQueen (if you have little boys you know he deserves mention), Simba.

DDBird
12-27-2007, 06:03 AM
What about Nemo?? A good replacement for Pinocchio perhaps:mickey:

kristnjohn
12-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Great idea with the rankings, you are right, everyone's would be different in some way I bet! Mickey at #1 is a sure thing, however I would have to move Cinderella as the #1 princess over the others. With a DD4 myself, Cindy's certainly the most popular in those lines.

wire0monkey
12-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Everybody's ranking has to be different. We love Lilo and Stitch at our house. We loved Lilo and Stitch before they started "pushing" them.

Here's what my family's ratings would look like:

1. Buzz Lightyear
2. Woody
3. Jesse
4. Stitch
5. Lilo
6. Baloo
7. Bagheera
8. Lewis (from Meet the Robinsons)
9. Nemo
10. Mater
11. Mickey
12. Tigger
13. Goofy
14. Minnie
15. Mulan
16. Tinkerbell
17. Captain Jack Sparrow
18. Puumba
19. Simba
20. Cuzco (as a llama)

Can you tell I have boys? :thumbsup:

kristnjohn
12-27-2007, 02:37 PM
This has started a heated debate in our house to come up with our top 25 as a family! Once (if) we get to the bottom of this we'll post them!

Brer Robert
12-28-2007, 01:00 AM
Hmm, my personal top 25 list would have to go like this:
1. Mickey (there'd be no Disney w/o him, after all)
2. Donald (Disney's 2nd biggest star)
3. Roger Rabbit (my childhood)
4. Stitch
5 + 6. Troy Bolton and Gabriella Montez (oh what the heck, HSM ain't all that bad)
7 + 8. Sharpay and Ryan Evans (ditto, plus I got my heart set on Ashley Tisdale ^_^)
9. Captain Hook (favorite villain)
10 + 11. Chip & Dale
12. anyone from "Suite Life of Zack & Cody" (luv that show)
13. Sora ("Kingdom Hearts" IS technically Disney)
14. Cinderella (favorite princess)
15. anyone from "Newsies" (always in the shadow of HSM it seems, sad...T_T)
16. Jack Sparrow (I think he's getting milked more than Pooh, Stitch, and even HSM nowadays)
17. Mushu
18. Tarzan
19. Kim Possible
20. Jack Skellington
21. Pooh
22. Launchpad McQuack (that fella deserves some respect)
23. Baloo
24. Wilbur Robinson (I think he's cool looking)
25. Keely from "Phil of the Future" (although the show's cancelled, Aly's quite the looker ^_^)
other honorable mentions: Mike Wazowski, Will Turner and Elizabeth Swan, Mrs. Incredible (what a fox!), the 3 B'rers from "Song of the South", The 3 Little Pigs, Ariel, the Genie, Robin Hood, Peter Pan, the Mary Poppins penguins, the Magic Brooms, Alice, Pinocchio, Ichabod Crane, Pecos Bill, the 3 Caballeros

Greenlawler
12-28-2007, 02:02 AM
Oops I did not post this as my personal list, sorry I implied that, but I am enjoying your lists. My personal list would look quite different 1. Donald 2. Little John 3. Robin Hood and 4. Friar Tuck. You get the picture.
I guess it is "my list" as I am not the ultimate authority on this. But I meant for it to be the "greatest ever list".
After reviewing my list I made one huge glaring mistake....Daisey, I think she fits right under Chip and Dale at 16 bumping every one down one, and Stitch out. I also messed up by not including Jiminy Cricket, he probably fits in at 20 bumping Woody out.
-As far as greatest Princess while Cinderellas is really cool with the castle and all. There can be a fun debate here, I contend that Snow White is the fairest of them all, based on longevity, icon status, sales, re-releases, etc...Just compare the gross income of the two films. I would agree that Cinderella is a contender but probably more so with Ariel and Belle for second place. My wife would contend...rather violently ;):secret: that Belle is princess number 1.
-Pinochio has to be in the top 25. Although I do agree that I may have overlooked Nemo as an honorable mention and maybe if I ever typed out a top 50 he would be a ringer for a low 30's spot.

Lightning McQueen
12-30-2007, 12:57 AM
I would have to put Jiminy way up there. Esp. since he is the star of Wishes!

jpH/keD
01-01-2008, 04:53 PM
My DD6 says that Aurora wears pink and that should put her as #1 princess because all little princesses wear pink!! :cloud9: We are glad you put Daisy in there too!

DizneyFreak2002
01-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Tink wouldn't be on my list, I don't think....

Hair_Razor
01-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Well I am disappointed about not seeing Timon high on the list. I mean come on a talking, singing, hula dancing meerkat? Our list would also have Ariel above Cinderella, but I do think overall popularity would put Cindy as head princess she does have her own castle in MK for pete sake. :princess:

dmosher
01-01-2008, 06:26 PM
There are other Characters .. other than Stitch?
Ok so he isn't the best designed character in the park, but I still love him. Ask my DW, she hunted for days to find him just so I could get a pic with him!

Also I am a sucker for King Louie!
Actually I haven't seen him much... is he still hangin around?
:pipes:
D

DDuck66
01-02-2008, 10:18 AM
There are other Characters .. other than Stitch?
Ok so he isn't the best designed character in the park, but I still love him. Ask my DW, she hunted for days to find him just so I could get a pic with him!

Also I am a sucker for King Louie!
Actually I haven't seen him much... is he still hangin around?
:pipes:
D

I have seen King Louie the last couple of visits to AK. He is in the parade and usually has a meet n greet around Africa.

poohbearlover15
01-12-2008, 10:52 PM
1. Pooh
2. Mickey
3. Minnie
4. Baloo
5. Cinderella
6. Belle
7. Pluto
8. Lilo
9. Piglet
10. roo
11. tinker bell
12. Nemo
13. Jasmine
14. Aladin
15. Pinochio
16. Stitch
17. Simba
18. Lucky
19. Tigger
20. eeyore

Pirategirl92
02-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Yeah..I was just at Disney World in Florida...I saw King Louie at the Animal Kingdom with Baloo. ;)

Yeah..but here would be my top 25 list:

1. Peter Pan
2. Captain Jack Sparrow
3. Mickey
4. Donald Duck
5. Goofy
6. Will Turner
7. Tinkerbell
8. Simba
9. Captain Hook
10. Timon
11. Woody
12. Ariel
13. Cinderella
14. Jiminy Cricket
15. Mary Poppins and Bert
16. Chip and Dale
17. Minnie
18. Genie
19. Jasmine
20. Buzzlightyear
21. Thomas O'Malley
22. Sabastein (spelling?)
23. Snow White
24. Winnie The Pooh
25. Aladin

Yes...mine is very different....I'm sure you all think it's strange I don't have Mickey Mouse as my #1....but I absolutely LOVE Peter Pan and Captain Jack!! =D

Aurora's Spindle
02-23-2008, 02:38 PM
I think Jiminy would have to be higher up, somewhere in the Top 10. I'd also have to agree with the others in pushing Cinderella as the #1 Princess. Snow White may have come first, but Cinderella has been the princess of choice for most little girls for decades. I think she'd have to be a bit higher up, too, come to think of it.

Here's my list of all-timers ... not my personal faves, but my opinion as far as the most popular / most important go:

01 -- Mickey Mouse
02 -- Donald Duck
03 -- Cinderella
04 -- Tinkerbell
05 -- Winnie the Pooh
06 -- Minnie
07 -- Tigger
08 -- Jiminy Cricket
09 -- Chip & Dale
10 -- Simba
11 -- Dumbo
12 -- Captain Jack Sparrow
13 -- Belle
14 -- Aladdin
15 -- Buzz Lightyear
16 -- Ariel
17 -- Jasmine
18 -- Eeyore
19 -- Nemo
20 -- Stitch

Blue Genie
02-23-2008, 09:01 PM
This is my list of favorites and Simi favorite in order.

Favorites

1. Princess Aurora=Why her as my first is because she was the very first Princess I have ever meet at Disneyland.
2. Ariel=I just love her singing
3. Prince Phillip=Because he is in my favorite Disney movie of all time.
4. Belle=She is so pretty
5. Donald Duck=I just like him alot.
6. Tigger=same as Donald.
7. Capt. Hook=He is the only villian I like.
8. Cinderella=really have no reason why I like her.
9. Snow White=same as Cinderella.
10. Genie=Cause her is so funny.
11. Wendy=Because at one time I had a very hard time trying to fine her at Disneyland.

Simi Favorites

1. Beast
2. Aladdin
3. Mad Hatter
4. Peter Pan
5. Goofy
6. Mickey Mouse

This is all of them.

Greenlawler
02-24-2008, 12:11 AM
I think Jiminy would have to be higher up, somewhere in the Top 10. I'd also have to agree with the others in pushing Cinderella as the #1 Princess. Snow White may have come first, but Cinderella has been the princess of choice for most little girls for decades. I think she'd have to be a bit higher up, too, come to think of it.

Here's my list of all-timers ... not my personal faves, but my opinion as far as the most popular / most important go:

01 -- Mickey Mouse
02 -- Donald Duck
03 -- Cinderella
04 -- Tinkerbell
05 -- Winnie the Pooh
06 -- Minnie
07 -- Tigger
08 -- Jiminy Cricket
09 -- Chip & Dale
10 -- Simba
11 -- Dumbo
12 -- Captain Jack Sparrow
13 -- Belle
14 -- Aladdin
15 -- Buzz Lightyear
16 -- Ariel
17 -- Jasmine
18 -- Eeyore
19 -- Nemo
20 -- Stitch

No Goofy, or Pluto? Pooh number 5? Good list though.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
02-24-2008, 02:02 AM
Hmm..I'll give this 25-character list a shot...lets see...

1. Goofy
2. Ariel
3. Mickey
4. Minnie
5. Maleficent
6. Belle
7. Brer Fox
8. Jafar
9. Queen
10. Aurora
11. Mad Hatter
12. Genie