PDA

View Full Version : Hi, does anyone knows if...

Love the Mouse!
12-26-2007, 10:35 PM
I can take an electrical single burner with me to our resort? We will be staying at POR and the reason that my DD's (3 and 4) drink a lot of warm milk. I know that the food court has a microwave but I don't want to spend a lot of time walking to/from the room just to warm milk. Any help will be appreciated.
PS: it will be just to warm milk and maybe some grilled cheese sandwiches every now and then. :chef:

Mickey 101
12-27-2007, 12:36 AM
You could always call the resort directly and ask them. The phone numbers for individual resorts are listed under Info Central tab. Have a great trip!!

DDuck66
12-27-2007, 09:56 AM
I am pretty sure that any cooking in the rooms is against the rules because of fire hazards...If you bring it make sure that you either lock it up when not in use, or if you are driving, leave it in your car except when you need it. Unfortunatley, I am sure that there are those that would abuse the situation and leave it on, causing an extreme hazard to everyone.

princessjojo
12-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Worst case you could always pour some milk into the coffee pot and turn it on to warm it up. I wouldn't run it through the coffee maker, but just sitting on the warmer may get it warm enough. Just a thought...

CleveSJM
12-27-2007, 10:38 AM
No, it's against the rules. Too dangerous. No cooking in the rooms.

And with a 3 and 4 year old around in a small room, I wouldn't risk an accident happening with them. Use the foodcourt or buy a special electric bottle warmer that will do the job and not get too hot.

TammiMcMan
12-27-2007, 10:42 AM
If you require a cooktop surface, maybe you should consider staying in one of the Fort Wilderness cabins or a DVC unit. There are small kitchenettes in the Allstar Family suites, but they don't have a cooktop, only a microwave.

As has been previously mentioned, appliances brought from home and placed in a standard room, increase the chances of a fire hazard. You may want to look into a room that would better suit your families needs.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
12-27-2007, 11:31 AM
One option is what we do with oatmeal. We just run water through the coffee pot and instant hot water. You could also just take a small microwave with you, which is at least safer than a hot plate. If you get lucky and request a room close to the food court ,and your request is granted, the walk is not really that bad. Have a great time!!

Love the Mouse!
12-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Thank you all for your comments. After reading I realized that the risks are too high and I don't want to jeopardized our vacation just because being too lazy to walk to the food court. So, I've changed the cheese sandwiches to PB&J, which I can store in the mini fridge and I will buy a couple of bottle warmers so I can warm the milk. Great looking out for us everyone!!! :thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
12-27-2007, 12:39 PM
I don't think so, but it wouldn't hurt to ask...I'm sure there are special needs requests every day.....you never know.....:thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
12-27-2007, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't suggest cooking in a room that's not equipped for it. Too dangerous.

javamama
12-28-2007, 10:26 PM
In a quick fix for warming milk, or anything else use the coffee pot method, heat up the water that way pour it in the sink, throw the sippy's in there and your good to go, no need to go to the food court or buy bottle warmers. Plus it's quick, and safe. Or I use hot tap water and leave my dd's cup in the sink for a few minutes to warm it up I get her ready for bed, and the milk's ready by that time.