PDA

View Full Version : Crayola Factory

DisneyDog
12-26-2007, 05:58 PM
We are heading to Easton, PA to take our son to the Crayola Factory on Saturday. Anyone ever been there? Just curious how much time to expect to spend there?

castlegirl
12-26-2007, 08:00 PM
I haven't been there recently, but when we went a few years ago, we spent most of the day there. There were different areas to explore. Kids get to use/play/experiment with all kinds of Crayola products and create projects with the materials. You can spend as much or as little time as you like in each area depending on your child's interest. We tended to stay longer in areas less crowded. There was an area with a demonstration with a real person that explains how crayons are made. Kids get to keep a free 4-pack. I believe there was also an area to explain marker production. When we were there, the was also a McDonald's for lunch. Of course, there is a gift shop where you purchase the Crayola products that you have used in the "factory". Have a good time, it's very fun! Now that I read your post, I may need to take my DD7 there this summer. :thumbsup:

chrisandmattsmom
12-26-2007, 09:10 PM
We were there a few years ago and again last Summer with my two boys ages 7 and 4. My 7 year-old didn't think too much about it, but my 4 year-old liked it. On the level above the Crayola Factory is a Canal Museum. Both of my boys loved this museum. There is a lot of hands on activities for them there too. If your little one likes trains, boats and water, this would be the place for him/her! Just bring along a lot of hand sanitizer. I jokingly call the Crayola Factory the germ factory because after both times we were there, my boys got sick a few days later! Lots of little hands touching everything!!

PAMOUSELOVER
12-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Have not been there is about three years.
But both my DD and DS really enjoyed thereselves there. They liked taken quater sand purchasing crayon items from the machines.There was a great little ice cream store behind the factory.:thumbsup:
It was a long drive for us, from Aston Pa.
But it was worth the trip.

koyote19
12-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Thumbs up from us also. Our 5 year old son really enjoyed it. It is fun for parents as well. The Canal Museum in the same building is also a lot of fun.

goofiecrazy
12-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Let us know how u liked it!! Thats one of the places I would like to take my kids this summer or on thier next school break.Its a drive for us as well.Just like to have the feed back before heading there for our trip.

DisneyDog
12-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Okay, check back in this thread next week. I'll give a mini report :)

Jill

DisneyDog
01-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Well, the Crayola Factory was very nice, but really very small. I thought we would be there for a much longer span of time than we were. We arrived at 9:30am when they opened, and we were done by 11am. It's only one floor and the activities go around in a loop.

The price was decent, at around $10/person. The activities were really nice. Lots of art activities to do. Because it was just after Christmas, one activity was to cut out a stocking shape and decorate it anyway you wish. They provided everything. Different color paper, sparkly paper for decorating, feathers, crayons, anything you can think of to decorate/make a stocking. It was fun. Then they had a similar station where you could make a puppet out of a paper bag. My favorite thing was where they had vats of melted crayons. They gave you a paper cutout (we chose a crescent moon shape) and you took q-tips dipped in the melted crayons and decorate your cutout shape. Lots of fun.

They have you 3 coins per person that you handed in for "purchases" such as markers, crayons or modeling clay.

Very cute, lots of fun, I just wish the place had been larger with a bit more to do. I wouldn't make a special trip from further away than an hour to go.