PDA

View Full Version : AAA in WDW

Love the Mouse!
12-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Does anyone knows where you can get the AAA discount besides World of Disney in DD? TIA :cart:

Buttercup
12-26-2007, 05:57 PM
:confused:
You can get a AAA discount at World Of Disney in DD?
I just know about the AAA discount at Disney hotels. Maybe I'm not understanding the question...

kakn7294
12-26-2007, 09:20 PM
As far as we know, you can only get a AAA discount on resort room rates, either as room-only or as a package deal. If you book a package, it can only be done through a AAA travel agent and with that package, you will get a AAA diamond card that gets you a 10% discount at World of Disney as well as slight discounts on tours and a few DTD area restaurants if I remember correctly. We haven't done AAA in a year and we never used any of the discounts outside of WOD. There was nothing discounted inside the theme parks other than the tours.

Love the Mouse!
12-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Yes you can Buttercup! I was at World of Disney this past July and when I was ready to pay the lady asked me if I have any type of discount and mentioned a few including AAA, luckily I had my card with me and got the discount. I was wondering if there are other stores accepting the card.

Love the Mouse!
12-26-2007, 09:26 PM
kakn7294, I stayed at ASM this past July and did everything directly with Disney and still got the AAA discount at WoD, I don't know if this something new or I was just lucky. :thumbsup:

kakn7294
12-26-2007, 11:32 PM
kakn7294, I stayed at ASM this past July and did everything directly with Disney and still got the AAA discount at WoD, I don't know if this something new or I was just lucky. :thumbsup:I don't know either - in the past, we've been asked to show that diamond card and just showing our AAA membership card wasn't good enough. Maybe that's changed - and that would be a good thing! Last time we used a AAA discount at WOD was December 2006. We never asked this time because we didn't book a AAA package and therefore didn't have the diamond card.

Love the Mouse!
12-27-2007, 11:54 AM
I don't know either - in the past, we've been asked to show that diamond card and just showing our AAA membership card wasn't good enough. Maybe that's changed - and that would be a good thing! Last time we used a AAA discount at WOD was December 2006. We never asked this time because we didn't book a AAA package and therefore didn't have the diamond card.

You're probably right, I think that's changed, we didn't have a Diamond card, just my membership card and still got the discount. Good thing!:thumbsup:

bleukarma
12-27-2007, 12:51 PM
I've drove over to DTD lots of times and used my AAA card at WoD, without any hotel reservation. However each time I seem to get conflicting info. Some CM's tell me that I have to spend over $50 in order for me to get the discount, some just take it off, even if my purchase is under $50. So it depends on what CM you go to and what they know.
As far as other places that they take AAA, I don't know. :( I have never thought about it before, but I guess I tend to do all my DTD shopping at WoD!

katzctkpt
01-10-2008, 03:12 PM
We used our AAA and received a good amount off of our resort and purchased most of our items from WOD and used the AAA Diamond Card. In our brochure it said a $50 minimum purchase to receive the discount. I don't know if just the AAA card would've worked. Also, Fulton's Crab House we received 10% and there may have been another restaurant but, I can't remember.