PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone experienced Polynesian Conceirge lately?

MicMouse
12-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Hello.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced the Poly Concierge lately.

I have been reading some pretty negative posts here regarding the Poly, and I am getting a little nervous for my trip this summer.

Has anyone stayed and had a GOOD experience?

mickeefan
12-26-2007, 04:29 PM
I also noticed some of these negative comments . We stayed concierge lagoon view the first of October and our stay was very positive.They were very helpful in helping us make arrangements. We had rented two ECV's and they checked to see if they had arrived up front, then went up and picked them up and brought them to our rooms. We had no complaints at all with any of the services. Would I do it again, probably not. We had a magnificent view of the castle and this was something we wanted to do just once. We have always been very pleased with the garden views at much less money and will continue to stay there.

mouseketeer mom
12-27-2007, 09:01 AM
We stayed last month at the Poly, lagoon view concierge, and as always, it was perfect. No worries.

threeh
12-27-2007, 09:16 AM
I've been to the Poly 2 times both concierge and am anxiously waiting to go back in February. I've noticed that things like this pop up time to time but the Poly is always wonderful IMO. Talk to tikiman or visit his site, he always makes you feel better. I don't want to down play people's complaints, I know they are valid, but it seems like on vaction you can either make lemonaide with the lemons you get or not. I've had a few mess ups on my vacations but I never let it ruin my trip, just keep swimming.:dory:
I hope you enjoy the poly as much as my family does!!:papple:

MicMouse
12-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Thank you for reassuring me.

I have checked out tikiman's website, which is awesome. His website actually helped persuade my husband to stay at the Poly (again). :thumbsup:

Funny story about the Poly:
My husband stayed at the Poly once in the 80s over Christmas break (he was probably 10 or 11) and the weather dropped below freezing. He said the pipes froze so there was no water. The MK only had a few rides open and most people had taken their comforters off their beds to use as coats. It was horrible.

Hopefully we will have a better time than he did when he was young...

DDuck66
12-27-2007, 09:52 AM
We have the Concierge booked for May and have already been in contact with them for several things that we wanted to do. Call them if you have not received anything from them by the 180 day mark. This will be our first at the Poly and I cannot wait.

threeh
12-27-2007, 09:53 AM
11) and the weather dropped below freezing. He said the pipes froze so there was no water. The MK only had a few rides open and most people had taken their comforters off their beds to use as coats. It was horrible.

Hopefully we will have a better time than he did when he was young...

See!! Your trip can ONLY get better!! hehe

best of luck and ENJOY!! I love the conceirge staff. :mickey:

crazykids
12-27-2007, 10:02 AM
We stayed Poly concierge this past September for 8 nights & it was wonderful! First floor directly across from the castle! :cloud9: No complaints at all.

Given all that, I probably wouldn't stay concierge again just because I didn't think it was worth the extra cost.

Goes4FastPass
12-27-2007, 10:35 AM
... it seems like on vaction you can either make lemonaide with the lemons you get or not...I like to be relaxed while on vacation but if I pay for shrimp and the hotel delivers lemons, making lemonade is not response I make...especially since I'm usually the one who said to my group, "Let's order the shrimp!" so I feel responsible.

javamama
12-28-2007, 06:01 PM
We're staying there come April, 10 of us in a Princess Suite. I've a few negative things also, but your always going to have pro's and con's no matter what. We've stayed at lots of different resorts since our first family trip in '79 which was Ft Wilderness campground and CR in the same trip, so it was time to try the Poly Suites for us, plus it will hold our entire family:thumbsup: So far I like the help w/reservations, takes alot off me so that's a plus. None of us have stayed at the Poly before, so we're hoping for another great trip! Hope yours is great too, and the Dole Whip Machine was a big selling point for my sister!

DawsonAR
12-30-2007, 11:04 AM
We will arrive there January fisrt. This will be our first experience there. I will post and let you know what we think.

DawsonAR
01-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Well we are here now. We arrived yesterday. I can't say we have any complaints that the staff have control of. It is very cold here ( low of 26), but other than that things are wonderful!

KateMW
01-02-2008, 10:09 PM
We had rented two ECV's and they checked to see if they had arrived up front, then went up and picked them up and brought them to our rooms.

Off topic, but I am very curious...what is a ECV? TIA!

Polynesian Dweller
01-02-2008, 10:26 PM
We stay in the Poly concierge every year and every year they are magnificent. They are always very helpful with every request we make of them. We've made special requests in advance and they have always come through. Nothing but praise from us.