PDA

View Full Version : The nightmare is over, the dream continues, and we may never wake up!

Christine
12-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Cast:
me
DH, John
DD 8

Dec. 24 thru Jan. 3
ASSp Room 2250

So NOW we're live...it's Wednesday dec. 26 and I am so excited and teary-eyed I may make several typos, so bear with me.

In review, our luggage had been lost, our DD's Christmas was looking bleak, and Disney stepped in and made things great with some Christmas goodies and a special VIP parade viewing.

But does Disney stop there? No! A friend of Mickey Mouse calls the room this morning around 10 as I was typing days 1&2 reports. They say that they would like to come and see Olivia. :shrug: What's this about? Not 5 minutes later comes a knock at the door and a WDW CS manager is there with two HUGE bags of goodies for Olivia!

Immediately I start (everyone say it with me) crying like an idiot! I tell her that this is so not necessary, that everything turned out fine, we have our bags, etc. she says, "I know...but on behalf of Disney we wanted to say Merry Christmas to Olivia all over again!"

I am crying right now as I type this! The fact that they went so overboard to ensure that MY daughter be blown away like this for Christmas...there just aren't words for how I feel!

So she opens a card that says,
"Dear Olivia,
Mickey told me about your troubles, and wanted me to send you some Christmas cheer. I hope you enjoy! Merry Christmas, your friend Megan, MK Guest relations"

She begins opening, and John and I are bawling at what they had done! She keeps saying, "Mickey must know I like ...., Mickey must remember I love...."

John will post pictuers, but a rundown of the presents are: a backpack, pillow, duffel bag, folders, alarm clock, jewelrey box, stickers, makeup and mirror, stamp set, lite up tiara, HSM2 extended DVD, Hannah Montana DVD/CD 2 disc special, a tinkerbell necklace, and a Cinderella doll and horse! And the icing on the cake? A GIANT Minnie Mouse plush (which at the moment is with DD at the food court having breakfast and will undoubtedly be joining us for the remainder of the trip...I am thinking it will take some sort of adhesive solvant to separate them!)

When the return from breakfast, we will be goign to MGM to meet up with our friends Michelle and Brian (some of you at the I-cOT Meet may remember them), but first we have to stop and thank (and I will have to hug, too ) everyone we can for what they've done!

It's so much, it's too much, it's more than our situation deserved! I will not ever forget this, and I will never get the sound of my daughter saying "this is the best trip ever!" "this is my favorite Christmas" "I love Mickey Mouse!" out of my head!

Merry Christmas to you all and more posts and pics will follow shortly! Right now I have to get ANOTHER kleenex and then go hug some necks!

*Pictures* (http://community.webshots.com/album/561893219lrKShH?vhost=community)

pogo
12-26-2007, 11:21 AM
OK.... so you've got me crying happy tears along with you. I'm soo happy for you. :thumbsup:

WDW is the happiest place on earth and this is proof. :cloud9:

Enjoy the rest of your trip and eat a :bar: for me. :D

Jimenyfan
12-26-2007, 11:42 AM
What a wonderful surprise, this is just one more reason that we love Disney. We will be heading down in 3 days and cant wait. I hope the rest of your trip is just as magical.

Amy

SBETigg
12-26-2007, 11:50 AM
I teared up just reading about it, too! :mickey: That's absolutely lovely of them to do for you. So heartwarming. Thanks for sharing!

Caroleh
12-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Okay, thanks, Christine..now I'm crying those happy tears!!!

It goes to prove that WDW is the happiest place on arth and they do make your dreams come true!!!

disneyboy98
12-26-2007, 12:04 PM
That story just made my day!! Olivia must have been just in awe of her basket of goodies!!

Glad to hear that your trip is starting to go the way that it should go. FUN FUN FUN!!!

Also, thanks for posting the pics. It's like a mini vacation for me!!:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
12-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Her happy face and big, beautiful smile says it all... Disney Magic is alive and well and living in WDW Cast Members!! I am so glad that you guys are getting such a happy ending, and you still have several days to go yet! Thank you for sharing such a happy report, Christine! :mickey:

By the way - Olivia is adorable!!!

RedheadWriter
12-26-2007, 12:20 PM
What an incredible post to read!

ElenitaB
12-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Christine, Disney Magic is so amazing that it even has us crying happy tears all around the country! AH-mazing!

I'm so happy for you all... glad to see a sad situation turned on its head.

Enjoy your day! Can't wait to hear more about it.

dolphinmickey9170
12-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Okay, so now you have the rest of us crying right along with you. How magical. This truly is turning out to be much better than it began. I sure hope Megan gets some much deserved praise from the higher ups at disney.

Olivia is absolutely beautiful. She looks so happy. What a great bunch of goodies.

btw, where did you find the Mickey wreath hanging on your window?

drummerboy
12-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Glad to see things have shaped up so well. What a load of goodies for Olivia!

Nascfan
12-26-2007, 01:26 PM
Christine, that is so awesome! Leave it to Disney to go way above and beyond to make something right, even something that wasn't their fault. Have a great rest of the trip! :mickey:

Nate's Grandpa
12-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Thanks for sharing the story and pictures!
Absolutely made my day!

I can't imagine this sort of thing happening anywhere else. Disney magic is apparently alive and well.

Sunshine1010
12-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Hence,....just ONE of the reasons why I love Walt Disney World.

Have a great time, and savor every moment.

disneydrmr
12-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Well... I had to make a trip to the supply closet to get a box of kleenex! How awesome of Disney to come thru for you in a truly magical way! I'm sure this is gonna be a trip that you will never forget! And judging from Olivia's smile she will never forget it either! In fact, I bet she will be wanting to spend EVERY Christmas at Disney from this day forward! :D Hope the rest of your trip is full of magic and wonder!

tinklover
12-26-2007, 02:42 PM
wow I am in tears( happy of course) and I also need to shave my legs again lol. that is so awesome. Like I have said in previous posts Disney never ceases to amaze me. I am in awe. thanks for the great post and enjoy the rest of your magical trip :magic:

jillluvsdisney
12-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Great story. I read day 3 first then went back and read day 1 and 2. OH MY!! I am so glad things turned out for the best. Disney really came thru for you, that's great.

AbeeNormal
12-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Me too....... Happy Tears!!!:cry:

Horaay for Disney & of course the CM's that make it all happen. :cloud9:

I can't wait to read your reports.:)

Thanks so much for sharing!!!:thumbsup:

Christine
12-27-2007, 01:21 AM
btw, where did you find the Mickey wreath hanging on your window?

I made it! I got a 15" wreath and 2- 8" wreaths at the dollar store, then used some twine to bind them together. On the front side you can see I added a bow to make it a Minnie wreath. :minnie:

Dsnygirl
12-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Christine, you're making me cry... I have a feeling I'll need tissues for the rest of your reports!! :blush: I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am for you guys that your Christmas was made so extra magical by Disney's wonderful CM's... we've heard so many people talk about how grouchy some of them have been lately, and to see them shine and do all they can to make a little girl's Christmas as magical as they did for Olivia - that says it all - the magic is definitely alive & well!! I'll bet they just loved doing it for her, too... sigh... I'm crying again for you guys, just thinking about it!!

I'm amazed by all they put together for her... WOW!! What a wonderful memory for you guys. And way to go with that Mickey wreath -- I'm keeping that in mind for next year!! :thumbsup:

Can't wait to read more... I'm living vicariously through you!! (And I loved seeing the pics from ASSports... made me "homesick"... ;))

(and I can just hear you saying "I have to go hug some necks"!! :D)

MizMissy
12-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful story!!
Disney magic at its best!

KylesMom
12-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Absolutely beautiful, Christine. I am so happy that your trip has turned around to be the best ever for Olivia. Sounds like you're having a pretty good time, too! :mickey: Now if we could just magically erase the crowds for you . . . :D

Hair_Razor
12-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks I'm crying now too, How awesome I love Disney!!!!:number1:

disneydeb
12-27-2007, 10:10 PM
I am soo happy for you all! Disney Magic at its best is when someone has had a bad experience! Hugs for you and Olivia!

CaptSmee
12-28-2007, 12:42 AM
This is why I LOVE disney! I too am tearing up as I read this...and your daughter looks so happy with the gifts that they brough her!

mickeyfan2001
12-28-2007, 01:52 AM
Your daughter so happy. Disney is great and I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip..

offwego
12-28-2007, 08:51 AM
Christine, Disney Magic is so amazing that it even has us crying happy tears all around the country! AH-mazing!

I'm so happy for you all... glad to see a sad situation turned on its head.

Enjoy your day! Can't wait to hear more about it.

Ahem..continent my dear you mean continent!

Your DD is as always a living doll! I'm so happy for you and John that some major magic was sprinkled on you.:mickey:

BronxTigger
12-28-2007, 10:59 AM
It is incredible what Disney did for Olivia! I can't wait to hear how the rest of your trip is going! You really went from a crummy start to an incredible time very quickly. I hope the rest of your trip is amazing!

BriarRose0708
12-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Does anyone have some tissues? Because now I'm crying too! That is so beautiful the CM's did that for Olivia. I am so excited for her! She looks so happy with all her gifts! I hope you enjoy the afternoon with Michelle and Brian, tell them hi for me!

Looking forward to your next live report, because I can't get enuff!

pdrlkr
12-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks for sharing your great story! :smickey:

Ian
12-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Way to go, Mickey!! :thumbsup:

princessjojo
12-28-2007, 10:33 PM
That was an absoutly wonderful story. Olivia is precious and looked like a princess herself in your pics. Hope you have a wonderful trip and I look forward to reading further trip reports.

BTW I love the bag "crowns are always in style." I have got to get one. My sis. is our state's current Miss NC Outstanding Teen.

faline
01-02-2008, 09:04 AM
:thumbsup: Olivia must have been on :cloud9:!

It's wonderful to hear such about such Disney Magic! It just reaffirms why we continue to return to Disney year after year!

Mickey'sGirl
01-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Way to go Disney! What a terrific gesture on their part! Olivia looks thrilled with her stash too! It's fabulous that they are stepping up to the plate when AirTran let you down!

Bethis26fan
01-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Wow that was wonderful of disney to do. Glad your trip is getting better with each day.