Christine
12-26-2007, 10:49 AM
Cast:

Me
DH
DD 8

Dec. 24-Jan. 3
ASSports rm 2250

When we left off it was Christmas Eve and we had no luggage and Christmas was looking questionable. Then Disney stepped in and made things magical! Olivia was happy on Christmas morning with her goodies, and things were looking up.

I was told to go to luggage services at 7am to tell them my baggage numbers so they could sewarch for them when they arrived, so I did. I headed to MK and let John and Olivia sleep. I hopped on the railroad to just relax and started to cry thinking of how much Disney had done to make our Christmas nightmare such a dream!

I went to guest services to tell them how happy I was and to find out who to contact about our resort's concierge etc, and he says he wants to do something for Olivia too. He gets us VIP seats arranged for the Christmas parade!! By this time I think it's a GOOD thing I don't have my makeup with me or it would be dripping off my face, b/c again, I start to cry!

So John and Olivia show up, and the crowds put quite a fright into DH. He starts to wonder if we should have made this trip. That upsets me (he works so hard and we spend all this money on a trip he's not enjoying), but then he snaps out of it and says it's all good. Crowds we don't mind...mean people in crowds were getting to him! We've been here 2 days and seen so many close call fist fights it's insane! :shake:

We enjoy the parade, and then have lunch at Columbia Harbour house. We sit by the window and watch the wait time for HM go from 40-90 minutes. We resign ourselves to the fact that we will just have to FP and wait, no biggie.

We do POTC, HM, and Pooh, then have a sundae and take a spin on the teacups (we live dangerously!).

The crowds continue to swell, and I (in the same clothes for 2 days now) realize that I still smell better than some! :D

We're absolutely exhausted (which I found strange b/c I figure after 2 days in the same jeans they could pretty much walk by themselves by now!) so we decide to go back to the hotel for dinner and go to bed early, as DH and I cannot bear to be in these clothes any longer.

When we arrive (insert choir chorus of hallelujah here) WE HAVE LUGGAGE!! Strangely enough, we don't go for the clothes or medicine first, but rip into the Christmas goodies and decorations! We hang the wreath and garland, put up the tree, and instantly everything is right with the world again!

We have dinner at the foodcourt, take a shower and put on clean pjs, unpack, and dream happily of Disney's magic! They took what could have been the worst vacation and Christmas ever and turned it into a magical paradise.

But that isn't even the end of it...day 3 coming in just a minute!

pogo
12-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Now that's the Christine we know and love ! I can see you smiling all the way up here in Rochester. :mickey:

I'm glad things have gotten better for you, John and Olivia. :thumbsup:

I can't wait to read more. :D

ElenitaB
12-26-2007, 11:21 AM
VIP seating for the parade? How cool is that? :thumbsup: I bet no one there tried to use Olivia as a step stool. :nono:

Can't wait to read more...

ChipnDaleGal
12-26-2007, 12:06 PM
:yay: Christmas presents, decorations and clean jammies!! Things are certainly looking up now. It was so nice that cast members stepped up and helped you make the most of your situation, but it had to feel great to see that luggage sitting in your room! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
12-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Thank goodness for clean clothes. I understand about the smelling better than others. I swear I wanted to hand out bottles of deodorant to some guests last week.

So glad things are looking up.

RedheadWriter
12-26-2007, 12:39 PM
:d

Dsnygirl
12-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Christine, I'm so glad to hear you got your luggage, and that the Disney CM's continued to make things magical for you guys. What a great feeling to know you are so well cared for!! Sorry to hear about the crowds, though... I sure hope they've dipped a little after yesterday and are a bit better now!! How people can be so miserable at Disney, esp. at Christmas, is beyond me!!

KylesMom
12-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Whew! Now you're in the land of pixie dust where anything magical can and does happen. Yay! I'm so pleased that it was sprinkled in your direction!

It sure is disappointing, though, to read how rude guests have been to one another. I've been reading too much of that lately in others' trip reports. :(

On to the next installment! :mickey:

Hair_Razor
12-27-2007, 08:34 PM
:pixie: Hooray for better day!

Caroleh
12-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Glad to hear your luggage arrived and things are going better!!!

disneydeb
12-27-2007, 09:56 PM
I can feel your party mood coming on!:D

offwego
12-28-2007, 08:49 AM
I'm so glad to hear your luggage showed up in time for some Christmas cheer!!:mickey:

BronxTigger
12-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Yay! Your luggage made it! I love putting on clean pajamas after a shower. So cozy.

Did you take photos of your Christmas decorations to share with us?

BriarRose0708
12-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Disney magic never ceases to amaze me! I am so glad everything is all right now, and I can't wait to read about day three!:mickey:

pdrlkr
12-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

AbeeNormal
12-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Sounds like all is well in Disney World, clean jammies and the decorations are up. ;)

:santa::deer::tree:Merry Christmas:tree::deer::santa:

princessjojo
12-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Glad to see where the priorities are, same place as mine would be, tree & decorations first, teeth second...

I am so glad to hear that your things arrived and safely I may add. It't obvious you were nearly at the bottom of your vacation and there was no where else to go but up!!! And that you did!!!

I can't wait to hear the rest!

faline
01-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Christmas magic and Disney magic truly came together to make this a magical day for you and your family!

Bethis26fan
01-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Glad everything made it. I hope your trip was smooth from here on out.

DisneyorBust
01-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Glad to see that the Disney CM's were able to work some magic for your family...you sure needed it! Luggage arrived and decorations are up, now the trip will turn around.

DizNee143
01-07-2008, 12:11 PM
yay!! all is good again!! im so glad to hear you got your luggage back!! glad christmas turned out to be better than you thought!! :mickey: