PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions... Should There Be A Question Here?

drummerboy
12-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Welcome aboard DDA flight No 2007-08. We're beginning our countdown, Blythe is scrubbing up, and (this is for Pogo) we're enjoying each day as it goes by, while we look forward to 01-01-08.

So, is everybody ready? Let's begin the countdown...

Caroleh
12-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Geesh, Ken, you left me as I was posting in the last thread!!!

Oh, my, we need to get everything right for this party, since Blythe will be delivering the new year baby!!!

Who's bring the cookies? and what kind of cookies?

disneydrmr
12-26-2007, 09:15 AM
I have plenty of Chocolate Cheese Fudge to bring... and I can make the Sauerkraut and Spareribs... But since I'm working New Years Eve day and will be getting up at 5am I doubt I'll be able to stay up till Midnight...

I can't seem to be able to locate my question.... did it get left behind in the last thread?

Dsnygirl
12-26-2007, 09:26 AM
...Blythe is scrubbing up...
Actually, I was just showering...

Oh, my, we need to get everything right for this party, since Blythe will be delivering the new year baby!!!

Wow!! What a responsibility... aren't you all lucky I'm actually working NY Eve, too??? I'll be sure to announce the young one as soon as he or she arrives... :party:

I have plenty of Chocolate Cheese Fudge to bring... and I can make the Sauerkraut and Spareribs... But since I'm working New Years Eve day and will be getting up at 5am I doubt I'll be able to stay up till Midnight...

Chocolate Cheese Fudge??? Now, you'll have to explain that one to me... Ribs & sauerkraut, too?? Yummm.... I'm coming to your house before work...

Happy Boxing Day to all my Canadian friends up there -- have a wonderful day!! Whatcha all doing today to celebrate boxes??? :D

Not sure what today holds for us, as I was supposed to be sleeping 'til 2 or 3pm... Julia's got a make-up riding lesson at noon, so I'm thinking maybe taking the girls to see "The Waterhorse" afterwards and doing a little shopping. What's everybody else up to???

trackbarroness
12-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Geesh, Ken, you left me as I was posting in the last thread!!!

That makes two of us Caroleh, and I had a nice message that I had attempted to post to the older thread. :D Lolol
What no one wants any mickey ice cream bars? or mickey treats? :) lolol
Happy boxing day
hope santa was very good to everyone.

Christine
12-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Good morning, all! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas! I am about to start trip reports, so if you want details of the madness, hop over to the trip reports forum later.

We've FINALLY got our bags! You would think, "hey, at least we're in WDW" would make it better...it doesn't.

Know why? Because what is being away from home without the comfort of home?

CAMPING!!! :scared:

pogo
12-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Welcome aboard DDA flight No 2007-08. We're beginning our countdown, Blythe is scrubbing up, and (this is for Pogo) we're enjoying each day as it goes by, while we look forward to 01-01-08.

So, is everybody ready? Let's begin the countdown...

Thanks Ken.... it is a wonderful life isn't it ! What comes after 6 ?

I can't seem to be able to locate my question.... did it get left behind in the last thread?
:hug: Look who's here. I hope you have a smile on your face today !

Why don't you just take a little nap and get up and enjoy the party after that ? :confused: When you get Ken's age, you can nap any time , any place, and nobody will say anything. Right Ken ? :D

Julia's got a make-up riding lesson at noon, so I'm thinking maybe taking the girls to see "The Waterhorse" afterwards and doing a little shopping. What's everybody else up to???
Julias too young for make up and how is she supposed to put it on if she's riding a horse ?

:hi: Julia !

That makes two of us Caroleh, and I had a nice message that I had attempted to post to the older thread. :D Lolol
What no one wants any mickey ice cream bars? or mickey treats? :) lolol
Happy boxing day
hope santa was very good to everyone.
Santa was good but my :bar: melted in the mail. Can you send another one ?? :D

pogo
12-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Good morning, all! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas! I am about to start trip reports, so if you want details of the madness, hop over to the trip reports forum later.

We've FINALLY got our bags! You would think, "hey, at least we're in WDW" would make it better...it doesn't.

Know why? Because what is being away from home without the comfort of home?

CAMPING!!! :scared:
Where are you staying...... Ft. Wilderness ???? :D

Glad you are there safe and sound. Luggage and cloths can be replaced. :D

disneydrmr
12-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Chocolate Cheese Fudge??? Now, you'll have to explain that one to me... Ribs & sauerkraut, too?? Yummm.... I'm coming to your house before work...

Chocolate Cheese Fudge is just that.. it's chocolate fudge that uses Velveeta cheese in the recipe! (I saw you make that look.. don't knock it until you try it!) Come on by! There will be plenty of sauerkraut and ribs to go around.. especially since DH doesn't eat it and I make enough for a family!

Glad you are there safe and sound and that your bags finally made it! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip! Hope you continue to enjoy your time there!

:hug: Look who's here. I hope you have a smile on your face today !

Why don't you just take a little nap and get up and enjoy the party after that ? :confused: When you get Ken's age, you can nap any time , any place, and nobody will say anything. Right Ken ? :D

Hey - I'm here ain't I - you never said I had to be smiling! :(

Because by the time I get off of work and get home it's gonna be about 6pm... so if I take a nap I may as well stay in bed.. besides.. my dh is a, well, he's just not that into holidays and he'll be asleep before 8pm most likely (even though HE doesn't have to work that day and could sleep all day)
Why am I having trouble coming up with questions today?

drummerboy
12-26-2007, 10:24 AM
When you get Ken's age, you can nap any time , any place, and nobody will say anything. Right Ken ? :D

That's right. Although, every once in a while somebody will put a mirror under my nose to see if I'm still breathing.

Hey, while we're in countdown, let's each think of a thing a day that we can say was a plus in this past year. I'll start with seeing a blank piece of paper (so to speak) in front of me on September 8 and seeing an entire musical put on the stage by December 14. Now that took a lot of faith and a lot of work from a lot of people.

Are all of our .ca friends enjoying Boxing Day?

disneydrmr
12-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Hey, while we're in countdown, let's each think of a thing a day that we can say was a plus in this past year.

Man! Now you are giving out assignments? You want this bunch to actually THINK? Wow... a thing a day that was a PLUS in the last year... well.. I'll start off with the easiest and most obvious... my best friend treating me to a long weekend at Disneyland. It's such a plus to have a wonderful friend who loves Disney as much as I do!

pogo
12-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Hey, while we're in countdown, let's each think of a thing a day that we can say was a plus in this past year.
Oh Ken... this is an easy one for me. :D

This past year has been a blur with so many blessings but, I'd have to say..... One of my best day's this past year was the day we found out my Mom was proclaimed cancer free !:cloud9:
We really celebrated that day. :fworks::trio::fworks:

May I say, I love this topic ??? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

ElenitaB
12-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Happy Boxing Day to Mikki and the North of the Border crowd!

Di, it's soooo good to see you posting again. You've been thought of and missed, my friend (in fact, I was thinking about you yesterday). Why do you have to get up at 5:00 am on New Year's Day??

Christine, glad to hear that those bags finally arrived! Did Santa find his way to your room?

Di, are you related to Paula Deen? On the Iron Chef Christmas Special she made chocolate cheese fudge too but I don't think it included Velveeta, but who knows. :confused:

Blythe, let us know how The Water Horse is. I'd like to go to the movies (that would be the third time this week), but I think we'd end up seeing Enchanted (if it's still playing) and The Great Debaters.

What are we doing today? Well, to start, laundry and sorting out boxes and such, and sorting the mountain of paperwork on my desk (you think I'm kidding?), and then later today, Bethany is coming over to scrap. She'll scrap and I'll make cards.

Hey, Pogo! You and Patti are welcome to come over whenever you'd like!

Jasper, where are you? How are you feeling? Here's some :pixie: for you.

Carol, will scones do instead of cookies? I'm baking tomorrow morning. Would you like cinnamon or orange/chocolate chip better? How's the packing going? Having fun playing with boxes on Boxing Day?

And in answer to Ken's question: the first thing that I see as a plus in 2007 is reconnecting with my oldest stepdaughter.

pogo
12-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Hey, Pogo! You and Patti are welcome to come over whenever you'd like!
Thanks Ellen.... I'll call you when we are about fifeteen minutes from you, OK ? :D

Caroleh
12-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Hey, while we're in countdown, let's each think of a thing a day that we can say was a plus in this past year. I'll start with seeing a blank piece of paper (so to speak) in front of me on September 8 and seeing an entire musical put on the stage by December 14. Now that took a lot of faith and a lot of work from a lot of people.

Are all of our .ca friends enjoying Boxing Day?

I'm enjoying boxing day...I've already got 2 packed of fabric. I got after Gilles because he's watching TV, figuring I'm going to be doing all the packing...NOT!!:mad:

Wow, just 6 things to come up with and there was so many this year. Okay, I'll start with meeting my JQ friends at the Falls!! I'm so happy that I got to know them..especially my good buddy, Pogo!!! I love you all like family!!!

Welcome back, Diane!!! It's really great seeing you again!!!

Glad to hear you have your bags back, Christine!!!

Does anyone want to help me pack?

ElenitaB
12-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Thanks Ellen.... I'll call you when we are about fifeteen minutes from you, OK ? :D
Fifteen minutes away? Hmmm, I think take-out might be in order... but you do know we have GREAT take-out here, right?

Sure, I love fabric too! We can pack and talk crafting projects. :cloud9:

Anyone want to come help do laundry? (Yeah... I didn't think they'd be many takers.)

Tink&Goofy
12-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Wow - I almost missed the flight!!

Happy Boxing Day! Anyone need any boxes? I have plenty of them from yesterday!

So how is everyones "day after" going? We never did get the additional snow they were predicting last night - but yesterdays snow was such a treat! :cloud9:

So anyone want to help me figure out my new camera?

Beast_fanatic
12-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Is anyone else cold? :freeze: It's a rainy, cool morning here and I was silly enough to go out in it to go shopping. Couple that with a scratchy throat and a weird little cough, and I'm cold! :freeze:

Why is All My Children showing an episode from about 5 years ago? :confused:

Something that was a plus in 2007 was meeting many of you at Downtown Disney in October. :thumbsup:

Nascfan
12-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Where are we? Am I here?

Caroleh
12-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Sure, I love fabric too! We can pack and talk crafting projects. :cloud9:

Anyone want to come help do laundry? (Yeah... I didn't think they'd be many takers.)

I know I'd enjoy meeting you Ellen!!! Between the fabric and scrapbooking, we'll get along greatly!! Have you seen my regular webpage with all my quilts? While packing the fabric I found quilt tops that needs to be put together..Can I quilt instead of packing?

I'd love to do your laundry as long as you have the washer and dryer in your place and not a coined operated laundry. That's the one thing I'm looking forward to in the new house!!

Happy Boxing Day! Anyone need any boxes? I have plenty of them from yesterday!

So anyone want to help me figure out my new camera?

I'll take boxes as long as they are big and sturdy!!!

For the camera point and click and learn the details later!!! It always works for me!!!

disneydrmr
12-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Di, it's soooo good to see you posting again. You've been thought of and missed, my friend (in fact, I was thinking about you yesterday). Why do you have to get up at 5:00 am on New Year's Day??

Di, are you related to Paula Deen? On the Iron Chef Christmas Special she made chocolate cheese fudge too but I don't think it included Velveeta, but who knows. :confused:

Either you misread my words, or I didn't word myself correctly.. I am getting up at 5am on New Year's EVE day to go to work. So I'll be too pooped to party that night...

I WISH I was related to Paula! Man! Can she cook! Actually it is her recipe. Anyone want it? I'd be more than glad to share!

I got after Gilles because he's watching TV, figuring I'm going to be doing all the packing...NOT!!:mad:

Welcome back, Diane!!! It's really great seeing you again!!!

What is it with men and watching TV while their wives slave in the house? Mine is so guilty of that... he'll even be lying in bed watching tv while I am folding laundry ON THE BED... not once offering to help... :mad:

Thanks for the welcome back... still not fully myself.. but I'm fighting thru.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to help you pack! Can you call my office and get me out of work?

Is anyone else cold? :freeze: It's a rainy, cool morning here and I was silly enough to go out in it to go shopping. Couple that with a scratchy throat and a weird little cough, and I'm cold! :freeze:

I'm freezing. It's warmer outside than it is inside our office building. Hope your scratchy throat and weird cough both go away!

Where are we? Am I here?

Where are we? Why are any of us here? Are we really here? Or are we actually over there?

For the camera point and click and learn the details later!!! It always works for me!!!

That is exactly what I was gonna tell her! Isn't that how a camera works anyway?

Caroleh
12-26-2007, 03:46 PM
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to help you pack! Can you call my office and get me out of work?

That is exactly what I was gonna tell her! Isn't that how a camera works anyway?

Do you think they'll except that you NEED to go to Canada to help me pack? I actually have 2 more boxes of fabric packed, a BIG garbage bag of fabric I'm taking to work to see if the staff wants any before it goes to Goodwill and a half-way happy DH because he didn't have to help, except taking the bag down to the car for me. So that makes 4 boxes of fabric with about 4 more boxes to go, and that'll be all the fabric, then it'll be scrapbooking and stamping stuff. I'll probably pack the Christmas/Hanukkah stuff on Saturday. As I was packing, I asked Gilles where are we going to store all the boxes and he had a scared look on his face!!!:D We might have to wait until the very end to pack a lt of the stuff.

Diane, great minds do think alike, don't they?

Do you think we should join Christine to try to help her enjoy her trip even more?

Tink&Goofy
12-26-2007, 05:06 PM
I have lots of big sturdy boxes if you want them Carol! Lots of my Christmas shopping was online, so the UPS guy knows me by now!

So what is everyone doing today? Me? Absolutely NOTHING and loving every minute of it! Tomorrow we may try to take in a movie - the kids all want to see Enchanted.

DD5 is playing with her new remote control VW bug car, and terrorizing the cats! :funny: Watch the kitties fly! :haha: :cat: They are finally learning to get up on something where they won't get "run over"! :laughing: Sure hope she's a better driver when she's 16!

ElenitaB
12-26-2007, 05:35 PM
I'd love to do your laundry as long as you have the washer and dryer in your place and not a coined operated laundry. That's the one thing I'm looking forward to in the new house!!
It's a compromise... it's a coin laundry but in my building, so it's only a short elevator ride away. I'd LOVE to have a machine in my place... that's why I enjoy doing laundry at WDW so much and tend to book 1 bdrm DVC villas even if it's only me and Ben.

As I was packing, I asked Gilles where are we going to store all the boxes and he had a scared look on his face!!!:D We might have to wait until the very end to pack a lt of the stuff.
The last time I moved was from a one bedroom on the third floor of this building down to a two bedroom on the first floor. It was great being able to throw things into Ben's stroller and just bring it downstairs. The disadvantage is that "real packing" gives you the chance to cull out what you really no longer need.

DD5 is playing with her new remote control VW bug car, and terrorizing the cats! :funny: Watch the kitties fly! :haha: :cat: They are finally learning to get up on something where they won't get "run over"! :laughing: Sure hope she's a better driver when she's 16!
She's getting training for the Cars Motors Action show (is that what it's called?) over at DHS... she'll be a shoe-in if she gets picked! Time to start planning a trip!

What's for dinner tonight, folks?

Caroleh
12-26-2007, 05:51 PM
It's a compromise... it's a coin laundry but in my building, so it's only a short elevator ride away. I'd LOVE to have a machine in my place... that's why I enjoy doing laundry at WDW so much and tend to book 1 bdrm DVC villas even if it's only me and Ben.

The last time I moved was from a one bedroom on the third floor of this building down to a two bedroom on the first floor. It was great being able to throw things into Ben's stroller and just bring it downstairs. The disadvantage is that "real packing" gives you the chance to cull out what you really no longer need.

The one thing I'm looking forward to in the new house is the laundry room!!! I hate using the laundry room in our apartment building. You never know if your getting a working washer or dryer. and you have to fight people to get a washer or dryer. They have a limit of how many washers and dryers you can use and everyone ignores the rule.

I figure I'm getting rid of a lot of things. Gilles and I both are pack rats, so I figure if I throw things out, he'll have to also. So I've gotten rid of some fabric I'll never use, but I do have a problem with my cottons. Clothes will be easy for me to discard..:secret:most of them don't fit and they are mostly skirts, which I don't wear because I'm either digging under tables or climbing on ladders at work and skirts just don't cut it!!

We're doing munchies..Gilles made some black olive hummus, we bought some artichoke/cheese dip and other munchies, along with the wine one of the doctors gilles works with gave him for Christmas.

How was everyone's day today?

Blythe, how's the pink eye doing? Do we need to send Pogo over to make sure your taking your meds?

Beast_fanatic
12-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Hope your scratchy throat and weird cough both go away!

Thanks! They haven't gone away yet, and they've now been joined by a slight fever. :ill: Does that excuse me from doing all the stuff that I intended to do while I'm off this week?

We went out for Tex-Mex. :tasty:

Tink&Goofy
12-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Never got around to figuring out the camera yet, but I DID try out the new Keurig coffee brewer (one cup at a time)! Next I'm moving on to ipod accessories!

I figure I'm getting rid of a lot of things. Gilles and I both are pack rats, so I figure if I throw things out, he'll have to also.
That is DH and I as well. :blush: We have been in this house over 9 years, and since its larger, it just holds more stuff!! I hate to think what it will be like when we decide to move! :shake:

We are hoping to go to Enchanted tomorrow, but there is a heavy snow advisory starting tomorrow AM, so we will see. I want to make sure we can actually get back up our hill!

Anybody want any honey glazed ham??? We have about 7 pounds left over! :D I guess I need to find a few more recipes for leftover ham! :D

Blythe, are you working tonight?

ElenitaB
12-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Anybody want any honey glazed ham??? We have about 7 pounds left over! :D I guess I need to find a few more recipes for leftover ham! :D
Let's see... there's ham and eggs, ham fritters, ham sandwiches, deviled ham, grilled ham and cheese sammies, pea soup with ham, jambalaya with chicken and ham, cheese and ham scones, Hawaiian pizza ... you could become the Bubba Gump of Ham! :D

Bethany (BronxTigger), Ben and I had dinner with the King (Burger King) after a trip to the Commissary located in the army base near my house. What a supermarket!

Anyone else watch Futurama? We're so sad it's coming to the end of its run.

Night all!

drummerboy
12-27-2007, 07:57 AM

Today's plus for 2007 is that my mother underwent her two knee surgeries and back surgery all in the same year and seems to be recovering pretty well.

What happened to that loong holiday weekend? Back to work today.

Caroleh
12-27-2007, 08:10 AM

Today's plus for 2007 is that my mother underwent her two knee surgeries and back surgery all in the same year and seems to be recovering pretty well.

What happened to that loong holiday weekend? Back to work today.

There was a loong holiday weekend? Hummm, I missed it somewhere!!!

My plus for 2007, we purchased a house and are waiting to move in.

Jared
12-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Did everybody have a wonderful Christmas?

I just want to let everybody know I landed safely in New York yesterday afternoon after a long 12 1/2-hour flight from Tel Aviv.

The trip was absolutely incredible, and I strongly recommend anybody with Jewish roots between the ages of 18 and 26 take a Birthright trip. Even for non-Jews, Israel is truly an unbelievable country worth visiting. I felt a real cultural, if not religious, awakening, especially in Jerusalem.

Definitely the best part of the experience was when the group was joined by eight Israeli soldiers, most of which still in their teenage years. These kids are fascinating, and the Americans inundated them with questions until the day they returned to their bases. We were even invited to one of the soldier's houses for his discharge party, as he finished his three years of mandatory service this week.

Anyway, I'll talk to everyone later.

:)

alpro2
12-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Chocolate Cheese Fudge is just that.. it's chocolate fudge that uses Velveeta cheese in the recipe! (I saw you make that look.. don't knock it until you try it!)
:sick: I still can't get over that chili spaghetti thing, now you give me this??? :D

Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday.

drummerboy
12-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Welcome back Jared. We missed you. Glad you had a wonderful time. How's the jet lag? :D

pogo
12-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Good morning all.... I hope everyone slept well. :thumbsup:

Has anybody noticed Diane's new signiture line ?

I love it Diane !!!! :hug:

Mine would be meeting some of my "JQ" family at WDW and Niagara Falls. It was like a family reunion, with out the:boxing: fighting ! :D

Definitely the best part of the experience was when the group was joined by eight Israeli soldiers, most of which still in their teenage years. These kids are fascinating, and the Americans inundated them with questions until the day they returned to their bases. We were even invited to one of the soldier's houses for his discharge party, as he finished his three years of mandatory service this week.
Hhhmmmmm....... this is interesting. Madatory service ?? I think everyone should have to do this. I gave four years of my life in service to my country and I do not regret it. Are you planning on enlisting ? :D

offwego
12-27-2007, 09:51 AM
:sick: I still can't get over that chili spaghetti thing, now you give me this??? :D

Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday.

Are you asking what's next?

Happy holidays everyone.

I'm more then thankful for most of 2007 as it's ending with my family, healthy and happy and it doesn't get better then that.

I have coffee but I'll just leave it here since I'm not around much.

Jared
12-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Hhhmmmmm....... this is interesting. Madatory service ?? I think everyone should have to do this. I gave four years of my life in service to my country and I do not regret it. Are you planning on enlisting ? :D
All Israeli citizens are required to enlist in the military after high school. Men serve three years, women serve two. The Orthodox are exempt, to the disdain of the non-religious majority.

Do any other countries have mandatory service?

disneydeb
12-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Morning all!
I've had a great Christmas! I hope you have enjoyed your holiday as much I have.
Gage made out like a bandit. He head no idea what was going on, but he liked it.:D He got a [I]Chicken Dance Elmo/I], giant Elmo plush toy, and an Elmo chair that giggles when he sits in it. A Little Tykes car, helicopter, dump truck, 3 ride on-push toys, DVDs, 3 pair pajamas, a train, a dump truck that is filled with different shaped blocks, a train engine that runs on batteies and spits out balls, books, a giraffe puppet and a mountain goat puppet that sings when you open its mouth, a baby flip phone, and a first computer, a large ball, a baby Mickey, two Tiggers that do different things, a plush Pooh, and about thirty books.
Amy got a ring from Dustin. She says it is a promise ring and they have set the date for October 2010.:jaw::faint:
Dustin seems like a great guy. So I'll count this as a blessing.
Laura , my oldest - Gage's mom, has hopefully decided to go on to become a nurse. God gave her a gifted mind, I've always hoped she's use it to benefit her fellow man. Her decision was probably my favorite gift of Christmas.:)

Did I ramble too much? if so, I'm sorry. I love you all on the JQ and I feel you are a part of my family. I hope you all have felt the warm glow of the season as much as I have.

Jared, I am so glad you have made your journey safely and that it has been such a blessing in your life.

Blythe, this board has also become a great part of my life. :thumbsup:

Pogo, aren't those hugs from your grandchildren the best!:hug:

Jenn, I don't see how you cook for the troops for 3 nights. I was worn out just cooking for the army for one night and then having my sister and her family over for leftovers!

Carol, I would come help pack--- but I'm Going to Disneyworld!! I wish!:D

Scott and Jasper, I hope you both feel better soon!

Rhonda, Thanks for sharing! You are a sweetheart!

Ken, thanks for seeing us through another year of JQ!

T&G, I hope you enjoyed your white Christmas! Did your girls have a snowball fight?
My girls got a doll in a remote control walker once! Oh, wht fun it was to buzz the kitty!:D

Jym and Rachel, I'll keep you all in my prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy. I am so excited for you!

Ellen, I hope you and Ben had a wonderful holiday. Your duck dinner sounded fantastic!

Diane, It is good to see you are able to post again!

Dsnygirl
12-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Good morning all!! I'm not even going to try to answer all the posts I missed... it's been hard to keep up the past few days!! But I'm happy to hear that everyone seems to be doing well and surviving the re-entry into reality after the holiday!! I have to say, though, it sure is tough trying to figure out all the new gadgets in a timely fashion!! Seems everything my girls got needs batteries and a "how-to" class!!

Have you guys been reading Christine's trip reports?? They're awesome... Disney's sure gone out of their way for her family, and it's so nice to hear that. Makes me want to go back so badly, though... :blush:

What's everyone up to today? The girls and I are just staying put and playing with all their new stuff... we watched one of their new movies this morning, and we'll see how many new games we can try out later! We ran around a fair amount yesterday - we went to see "The Waterhorse", which I highly recommend... a definite tear jerker, but a happy ending, too. It was adorable. We also had a few returns/exchanges to do, and I came out of it well - I needed to exchange a Disney shirt I'd bought, and they had some of their Home Accessories on clearance - so I got a Mickey Cheeseboard, spreaders and Mickey napkin holder, all for almost no $$!! Yeah!!

Our pink eye seems to be almost gone, but now everyone's got the sniffles... luckily, I only have to work 7p-11p tonight, so I'll be able to sleep... I was uncharacteristically (boy, is that a long word to type!!) tired last night and slept later than usual this morning... but based on how I felt when I woke up, now I know why! So, I'm taking my echinacea and Vit. C, and hoping to keep things from getting any worse!!

Have a great day, everyone - I'm sure I'll be back on later!!

Tink&Goofy
12-27-2007, 12:08 PM
I was uncharacteristically (boy, is that a long word to type!!) tired last night and slept later than usual this morning... but based on how I felt when I woke up, now I know why! So, I'm taking my echinacea and Vit. C, and hoping to keep things from getting any worse!!

I'm right there with you, Blythe. I could tell yesterday that I was getting a cold - today I can hardly move! I'm just totally zapped! We hoped to go to see Enchanted today, but we will see.
Its snowing - very lightly right now. Its supposed to get significantly heavier in the next hour or two - and the hills (where we are) could get 5-6 inches - quite a bit for us.
Do you realize that the snowfall we had on Christmas was the first measurable snow on Christmas in 70 years?? Hmmm, don't remember that last one! :D NOW you know why it was soooo exciting!

pogo
12-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Do any other countries have mandatory service?
I don't know. How could we find that out ? :confused:

Have you guys been reading Christine's trip reports?? They're awesome... Disney's sure gone out of their way for her family, and it's so nice to hear that. Makes me want to go back so badly, though.You better just hold off until December as planned.

I started getting the urge to go in April again. Air Tran sent me an email with a two day Florida sale and we could fly in April for only $374 R/T for both. If we went in Apiril we would not go in December. Make sense ?? :D

Do you realize that the snowfall we had on Christmas was the first measurable snow on Christmas in 70 years?? Hmmm, don't remember that last one! Why not ?? Is your memory that bad ? :D

trackbarroness
12-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Now why do i feel left out?
My Christmas was work as usual, that's because I work in a very popular place. And boy is it a happening place. :D Lololol
Did anyone else get melted mickey ice cream bars/treats?
Me thinks somebody left the freezer door open. And it wasn't me, okay it was Stitch.
Yeah that's it, that's who did it. ;)

dlpmikki
12-27-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm back at a computer! Is it OK if I start with something very recent as a good thing from this year? I've just got back from 4 days with the family. We stayed in a motel (well UK equivelent), took all the food etc with us (including baking trays, knives etc) but we had a wonderful time and Kenneth (Andrew's 92 year old father who wasn't well enough to travel) enjoyed himself too. It was worth all the effort!

Hope everyone else enjoyed the holidays or the chinese takeaway or whatever they have been up to over the last few days....:D

Dsnygirl
12-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Do you realize that the snowfall we had on Christmas was the first measurable snow on Christmas in 70 years?? Hmmm, don't remember that last one! NOW you know why it was soooo exciting!
Must be all that magic we sent your way... :magic:

I hope you feel better soon!! Did you go see "Enchanted"?

You better just hold off until December as planned.

I know, and we will -- any time before that is just too soon for us and our job/house/??? plans. I can't wait until we've actually booked the days, and I can start really counting!! :D

I'm back at a computer! Is it OK if I start with something very recent as a good thing from this year? I've just got back from 4 days with the family. We stayed in a motel (well UK equivelent), took all the food etc with us (including baking trays, knives etc) but we had a wonderful time and Kenneth (Andrew's 92 year old father who wasn't well enough to travel) enjoyed himself too. It was worth all the effort!

Hope everyone else enjoyed the holidays or the chinese takeaway or whatever they have been up to over the last few days....:D
Welcome back!! Glad to hear you had such a nice time!! What are you doing for New Year's??

Hmmmm... I forgot to do Ken's question for the last two days... so let's see... for day 6, I'd have to say a big blessing in 2007 was selling our house and finding this little cape in Marcellus. It's been more than we knew to ask for. :thumbsup: And the second biggest thing for 2007 for day 5? Our trip to Disney together for Intercot's anniversary!! It was something I totally never thought would happen, so the fact that it did, coupled with getting to meet so many of you face to face... it was one of the most wonderful parts of my year. :grouphug:

So - how's everyone's day been?? Mine's been quick - I can't believe it's almost 5pm already!! The girls and I totally just kicked back and relaxed, although I was able to get the things on my "to do" list done, as well. Our mountains of laundry are clean, my girl's closet is tidied, the dishes are done and the fridge is cleaned out from all those things we saved & thought we'd eat later, but never will!! :blush:

I'm off to work for the evening hours, but may check back in way later before bed, just to see who's around.

Have a good evening, guys!!

Caroleh
12-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Did everybody have a wonderful Christmas?

I just want to let everybody know I landed safely in New York yesterday afternoon after a long 12 1/2-hour flight from Tel Aviv.

The trip was absolutely incredible, and I strongly recommend anybody with Jewish roots between the ages of 18 and 26 take a Birthright trip. Even for non-Jews, Israel is truly an unbelievable country worth visiting. I felt a real cultural, if not religious, awakening, especially in Jerusalem.

Anyway, I'll talk to everyone later.

:)

Gilles was born in Isreal and just to go back he needed to have special permission because until he was close to 50 (I don't remember the exact age)m otherwise they could put him in the service. He wants to go back someday because he still has family that lives in Jerusalem.

A friend of ours had a daughter that went to Isreal through Birthright and said it was a very uplifting trip.

Now why do i feel left out?
My Christmas was work as usual, that's because I work in a very popular place. And boy is it a happening place. :D Lololol
Did anyone else get melted mickey ice cream bars/treats?
Me thinks somebody left the freezer door open. And it wasn't me, okay it was Stitch.

Oh, Sandy, it wasn't Stitch..I'd be lookign toward NY..I think it looks like Pogo and Alex might of been the guilty parties.

What's for dinner tonight? I'm on my own and food doesn't look interesting to me.

pjbs35a
12-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Did you actually think you could get away without me ???

Who is in charge of the countdown ???

Tink&Goofy
12-27-2007, 06:59 PM
You better just hold off until December as planned.

I started getting the urge to go in April again. Air Tran sent me an email with a two day Florida sale and we could fly in April for only $374 R/T for both. If we went in Apiril we would not go in December. Make sense ?? :D

So far there have been no good airfares for March - so our backup would be December. :D

This has happened at our house several time in the last couple of years, thanks to the girls.... I guess its kind of a forced defrosting! :D But couldn't they do it BEFORE I stock it from the store??

Welcome back Mikki! Glad to hear you had a nice holiday!

Must be all that magic we sent your way... :magic:

I hope you feel better soon!! Did you go see "Enchanted"?

Thanks for all the magic! Its been snowing all day today - but not amounting to a whole lot - just a couple of inches. I don't think it will stick around. Never made it to Enchanted today - I just had no energy. I slept for about an hour this afternoon. Hopefully we can go tomorrow.

What's for dinner tonight? I'm on my own and food doesn't look interesting to me.
Looks like anything with ham....probably something else with ham tomorrow........

Ken claims to be, but I think the natives are out of control! :D

How come your time OFF work goes by soooo much quicker than the time AT work?

Dsnygirl
12-27-2007, 08:56 PM

Hey!! Look who it is!! Merry Christmas, Frankie - glad to see you made it on board!! As far as the countdown, I'm not sure there was one for takeoff, but I believe there's one going on to get us to New Years Day.... you might want to take it up with Ken.... maybe the DDA radio'd the wrong guy???

So far there have been no good airfares for March - so our backup would be December.

Never made it to Enchanted today - I just had no energy. I slept for about an hour this afternoon. Hopefully we can go tomorrow.

How come your time OFF work goes by soooo much quicker than the time AT work?
It'd be great if you were there in December!! Is it bad of me to hope for no good March airfares??? ;)
Sorry you didn't make it to the movies... I hope you feel well enough to go tomorrow!! We're taking the girls to see "National Treasure 2" tomorrow night! :thumbsup:
I totally know what you mean about time off vs. work time... the 10 days I was off FLEW by... the 4 hours I'm here?? An eternity!! :blush: Okay, so 4 hrs when you usually do 12 isn't that bad... but I'd still rather be home!! :D

How's everyone doing tonight??

drummerboy
12-27-2007, 09:32 PM

Were you the one disguised as a bag of peanuts?

Your countdown will depend on whether you're on US, Bombay or Arctic time. Where has "R" sent you this time?

Caroleh
12-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Does somebody have to go find Alex? I think he missed the flight.:( I miss him..I hope he's feeling okay.

I think someone needs to ask Pogo about the little package he received in the mail yesterday. :D

pogo
12-27-2007, 10:34 PM
I think someone needs to ask Pogo about the little package he received in the mail yesterday. :D
Do you mean the package you sent me ??? :confused:

OK...... I'll tell everyone. Carol sent me an 8 x 10 glossy of her in her Belly Dancin outfit with Gilles in the background clapping and gauking with this BIG smile on his face. In the background was two goats, three chickens, several cows, donkeys and pigs. There were also two camels in the corner.

I think the photo was doctored though because Carol's veil had slipped to expose her %&^%@^& to the world.:D

Are you sure you wanted me to tell about that package. :D

Caroleh
12-27-2007, 10:40 PM
:secret:Shhhhh..not that package..that one I think Gilles sent out. :blush: No the other other one..something to do with a Beaver, which should of been a possum!!! Oh, BTW, have you been playing with Photo Shop again?

Now do you remember which one I was talking about?

pogo
12-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Now do you remember which one I was talking about? The one with the Beavertail in it ??? It was yummy ! :D

Caroleh
12-27-2007, 10:53 PM
The one with the Beavertail in it ??? It was yummy ! :D

There was a Beavertail in there? Now how in the heck did that get there? I'm pretty sure I would have eaten that!!!

Good night everyone:hi: I'm fading fast.

pogo
12-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Good night everyone:hi: I'm fading fast.
Wow.... giving up so fast ??? Did I wear you out ?? Nitey, nite ! :D

pjbs35a
12-27-2007, 11:06 PM
:mad:
Hey!! Look who it is!! Merry Christmas, Frankie - glad to see you made it on board!! As far as the countdown, I'm not sure there was one for takeoff, but I believe there's one going on to get us to New Years Day.... you might want to take it up with Ken.... maybe the DDA radio'd the wrong guy???

Is it Christmas already again ??? Where did 2008 go ???

Were you the one disguised as a bag of peanuts?

Your countdown will depend on whether you're on US, Bombay or Arctic time. Where has "R" sent you this time?

Not disguised as peanuts, but peanut butter. Do you prefer smooth or crunchy ???

"R" is really "Z" disguised as "G." The :spy: mission has something to do with an anvil, an aardvark and an albino. Who is ready for gumbo ???

drummerboy
12-27-2007, 11:39 PM
Do you prefer smooth or crunchy ???
[Crunchy, thank you.]

The :spy: mission has something to do with an anvil, an aardvark and an albino.
Ah--that would be the "B" mission.

Everybody ready for it to be Friday already?

Dsnygirl
12-28-2007, 12:16 AM
Who is ready for gumbo ???
Me!! I'm always ready for gumbo!! Who's making it??

Ummmm... seeing as it is Friday here in my world, that'd be a yes. And as I am safely home from work, my family is quiet and asleep, I've got a nice glass of Bailey's on the rocks and I'm here visiting before reading a bit before bed - all is right w/ the world! :D

What's up for tomorrow, and who's got the coffee?? I'll make some muffins... anybody have any requests as to what kind??

ElenitaB
12-28-2007, 12:38 AM
Blueberry muffins, please! I'll make the coffee. Do you want Medaglia D'Oro expresso, Starbucks Christmas blend, Starbucks Joya del Dia ("Inviting, with delicate flavors and a soft cocoa finish."), organic Nicaraguan or Cafe de Monde coffee? :D

My afternoon has been exceedingly frustrating on the computer front, only to culminate with losing a long post to this thread.

Summing up...

BronxTigger is an awesome friend! Thanks, Bethany, for everything! :hug:

Talked to Christine today. Her trip is turning into a combo of adventures and misadventures. Send some :pixie: to John, and keep your eyes posted for her next update.

My Day 5 plus: getting the chance to "Turn your scars into stars" (a fortune I received in a
Fortune cookie in late 2005). The interviews I've given this past year have given me the chance to give back in very unexpected ways. What a blessing!

If your internet service was dropping 5-6 times a week (and sometimes even several times a day), do you think it would be in order to complain loudly to your ISP? :mad:

pogo
12-28-2007, 07:21 AM
Good morning all. Happy Friday ! :D

OK Carol..... I'll fess up ! Hey everybody..... can you guess who got the Beaver Butt Soap for Christmas ??? :hi: It was me. Thanks Carol and Gilles.... I'll get you back. :hug:

I am... it IS Friday ! :D

Talked to Christine today. Her trip is turning into a combo of adventures and misadventures. Send some :pixie: to John, and keep your eyes posted for her next update.
Aw oh..... poor John..... he needs :pixie: real bad I bet !

See you all later.... bye. :bolt:

alpro2
12-28-2007, 07:57 AM
OK Carol..... I'll fess up ! Hey everybody..... can you guess who got the Beaver Butt Soap for Christmas ??? It was me. Thanks Carol and Gilles.... I'll get you back.

Is the soap for the beaver's butt or Pogo's?

Caroleh
12-28-2007, 08:11 AM
Wow.... giving up so fast ??? Did I wear you out ?? Nitey, nite ! :D

Not you, customers did. Can you believe they were demanding more then 50% off all the fabric in the store even more off the sale stuff? When we told them no, the fabric industry doesn't work that way they really got upset. I don't think they were busting down the doors for anything before Christmas!!

If your internet service was dropping 5-6 times a week (and sometimes even several times a day), do you think it would be in order to complain loudly to your ISP? :mad:

That or get a new server!!!

OK Carol..... I'll fess up ! Hey everybody..... can you guess who got the Beaver Butt Soap for Christmas ??? :hi: It was me. Thanks Carol and Gilles.... I'll get you back. :hug:

Is that a threat or promice?

Is the soap for the beaver's butt or Pogo's?

:haha::funny: The images of Pogo trying to wash a beaver's butt!!! Do you want the Bear's Breath?

For #4, It has to be my new nephew, Quinn!!

drummerboy
12-28-2007, 08:19 AM

Plus for today is that DW had no surgeries this past year.

How is everybody this morning?

offwego
12-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Ok what colour suits look good on TV? I have to do an interview (for our internal network however) but still it goes out to over 30,000 people..many of whom might hire me next. What do I wear?

pogo
12-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Is the soap for the beaver's butt or Pogo's?Enough out of you ! :fresh:

The images of Pogo trying to wash a beaver's butt!!! Do you want the Bear's Breath?

Do you mean Alex didn't get anything ?? :D

So far it has been pretty interesting ! Beaver Butt Soap ! :faint:

Ok what colour suits look good on TV? I have to do an interview (for our internal network however) but still it goes out to over 30,000 people..many of whom might hire me next. What do I wear?
On you..... any color would look good. :thumbsup:

In business, the people that show confidence, knowledge, and personality will rise to the top.
Chose your best business suit and shine, Natalie ! :D

For my number four, I'd have to say landing my big account by playing :golf: in July and speaking to the emplyee's in December.

January looks like it will be very interesting, indeed. :D

offwego
12-28-2007, 08:53 AM
In business, the people that show confidence, knowledge, and personality will rise to the top.
Chose your best business suit and shine, Natalie !

You are the sweetest! My number four is never havign to see I am Legend again in my life.

Seriously? My number four is going to my first Intercot Meet ever this fall. It was so much fun and meeting so many of you was one of my high points this year.

Dsnygirl
12-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Blueberry muffins, please! I'll make the coffee. Do you want Medaglia D'Oro expresso, Starbucks Christmas blend, Starbucks Joya del Dia ("Inviting, with delicate flavors and a soft cocoa finish."), organic Nicaraguan or Cafe de Monde coffee?
You got it.... blueberry muffins are on their way!! As far as the coffee... I think I'd like to try the Joya del Dia!! Thanks!

Hey everybody..... can you guess who got the Beaver Butt Soap for Christmas ?? It was me. Thanks Carol and Gilles... I'll get you back.

:rotfl:

Not you, customers did. Can you believe they were demanding more then 50% off all the fabric in the store even more off the sale stuff? When we told them no, the fabric industry doesn't work that way they really got upset.
If there wasn't a sign advertising everything as 50% off, what reason did they have to get so upset?? I swear, people think they can barter the price on anything. I have a very dear friend who I love to shop with, but she has that mentality, and it gets embarassing sometimes when she's always trying to talk a store down on something! I thought that was usually just reserved for car buying and garage sales!

Quite fine, thank you!! Got up a little late, as I didn't get to bed 'til almost 1am, but so far?? Feeling pretty good! How are you this fine December morning??

Hmmm.... at first I was going to say something dark and neutral - stuff like that shows up so nicely on TV and always looks classy - but then I got to thinking... with your coloring, I'd go with a warm brown or dark caramel/chocolate colored suit (I have no idea what those colors would be called - I can only picture them... :blush:), something with just a hint of red in it to highlight your hair and skin tones. It'd still be dark & classy, but would definitely not be boring and you'd look great in those colors! :thumbsup:

Let's see... my number 4 thing for the day... it'd have to be how well my girls have adjusted to their new school - we were nervous, but they're shining and happy and it's turned out just right. :thumbsup:

So - does anyone have a 4-day weekend coming up? Dan does, as he took Monday off to be with the girls while I sleep... I have to work Sat, Sun, Monday! :( Monday's the "money" night, though, so I don't mind - and I only have to work NY Eve every other year, so it's not too bad. What are everyone's plans for celebrating?

And Jenn -- are you out there?? Hello, hello, hello.... we miss you!!

drummerboy
12-28-2007, 09:34 AM
I would avoid stripes, especially in a blouse. They tend to jump around on screen. Check out the on-air news people and guests on the morning talk shows to get an idea. I would think something in a gray business suit could work.

I think I need some coffee. Who's got some ready?

disneydrmr
12-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Hey howdy hey!
Wow, you guys have been chatty lately... are you guys on a Christmas cookie high? Or is it maybe too much egg nog? Anyone else glad it's Friday? I've been waiting for it all week. (:D thanks again for the pens Pogo! :D

We have coffee in the breakroom Ken... if I can find someone to come up to the receptionist desk and cover the phones for me I will run and get you some.. want a snack from the vending machine while I'm back there?

I'm behind on Ken's counting thingy...
my number 5 would be... um....having my brother move his family closer to us so we can see the nieces and nephew more often!
And number 4 would be... seeing so many black bears when DH and I went to the Smokies back in May! I LOVE bears so THAT was a HUGE highlight!

Nat - with your awesome fashion sense I'm sure whatever you pick will look great! Me? I'd probably just wear jeans and a sweater! :D (you'll never find me in the pages of any fashion magazine!) Good luck on the interview!

Soooo...... did they clean out the beaver's butt before they made soap out of it? :sick:

alpro2
12-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Do you want to borrow my pink Juicy shorts and green tube top?

drummerboy
12-28-2007, 10:00 AM
:rotfl::funny:

Now stop that. My staff's looking at me funny again for laughing at my computer.

It's supposed to be in the 60's through New Years day here. Good RVing weather. Anybody want to come along?

pogo
12-28-2007, 10:02 AM
If there wasn't a sign advertising everything as 50% off, what reason did they have to get so upset?? IKnowing Carol.... there was a sign she forgot to take down ! :shake:

Hey howdy hey!
Wow, you guys have been chatty lately... are you guys on a Christmas cookie high? Or is it maybe too much egg nog? Anyone else glad it's Friday? I've been waiting for it all week. (:D thanks again for the pens Pogo! :D
I'm glad you liked them ! :hug: Are you using them today ? :D

Soooo...... did they clean out the beaver's butt before they made soap out of it?
You'd have to ask Carol... isn't she the Beaver Butt Expert ??? :D

:haha: Now that's funny.... I don't care who you are.... that's funny right there. :funny:

pogo
12-28-2007, 10:04 AM
It's supposed to be in the 60's through New Years day here. Good RVing weather. Anybody want to come along?Have you asked Christine ?? She loves to go camping ! :D

disneydrmr
12-28-2007, 10:06 AM
It's supposed to be in the 60's through New Years day here. Good RVing weather. Anybody want to come along?

That sounds like fun! Where you going? Want me to bring the graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate bars?

Hmmmm... do you think she has a pair of shoes to go with THAT outfit? :D

I'm glad you liked them ! :hug: Are you using them today ? :D

I've been using them since I got them! I have one I'm using here at work, and the other is in my purse! Thanks again! :hug:

Have we ever heard how Jasper is doing?

pogo
12-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Are you talking about Natalie ????? :yes: I'm sure she does ! :D

drummerboy
12-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Have you asked Christine ?? She loves to go camping ! :D
You know, I'll bet she'll kick herself for going off to dumb ol' WDW and missing the chance to go camping.

That sounds like fun! Where you going? Want me to bring the graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate bars?
We're going alllll the way to Myrtle beach (about an hour away). Bring 'em on. I'll crank up the campfire when we get there.

Didn't she say she had a pair of yellow 5" spike-heeled open toed shoes? Or did I just imagine that? :thedolls:

drummerboy
12-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Was it something I said? Was there a nationwide power failure except for the southeast? Did everybody get abducted and taken to Universal? Did everybody go undercover with Frankie?

disneydrmr
12-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Was it something I said? Was there a nationwide power failure except for the southeast? Did everybody get abducted and taken to Universal? Did everybody go undercover with Frankie?

It was something you 'didn't' say... you didn't say "COOKIES!!!!!!"....:D

So, when you leaving for the beach? I wish I could remember the name of the Italian restaurant my family ate at when we visited there back in like the late 80s.... it was a 5 course meal and was awesome! I've been wanting to revisit.. but since DH served in Desert Storm/Shield.. he says he NEVER wants to see a speck of sand again in his life...

drummerboy
12-28-2007, 02:32 PM
It was something you 'didn't' say... you didn't say "COOKIES!!!!!!"....:D

So, when you leaving for the beach? I wish I could remember the name of the Italian restaurant my family ate at when we visited there back in like the late 80s.... it was a 5 course meal and was awesome! I've been wanting to revisit.. but since DH served in Desert Storm/Shield.. he says he NEVER wants to see a speck of sand again in his life...
Of course, COOKIES!

I'm trying to get away as soon as I can, but we're waiting for a bank to approve some paperwork for a closing and I can't leave until I can record the documents. Good old bureaucracy at work.

You know, I think I left my cookies at home. Anybody got some to spare?

disneydrmr
12-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Of course, COOKIES!

I'm trying to get away as soon as I can, but we're waiting for a bank to approve some paperwork for a closing and I can't leave until I can record the documents. Good old bureaucracy at work.

You know, I think I left my cookies at home. Anybody got some to spare?

You KNOW that the bank will wait until the very last minute to approve it - don't you? You should've went thru Natalie! She would've had you approved and on your way in no time at all! Although in those pink shorts and green tube top I'm not sure anyone could take her too seriously! :D

Ummmm.... did you 'toss' your cookies at home? Or just misplace them? I would lend you some cookies but I actually just cleared them all out of my computer.. sorry!

pogo
12-28-2007, 04:42 PM
You know.... some of us actually do work ! Did you miss me ???? :D

but since DH served in Desert Storm/Shield.. he says he NEVER wants to see a speck of sand again in his life...Here's to your DH. :flag:

Ummmm.... did you 'toss' your cookies at home?
:shake: I can tell you've been away for a while. Your comebacks used to be so good. :shake:

Caroleh
12-28-2007, 06:28 PM
If there wasn't a sign advertising everything as 50% off, what reason did they have to get so upset?? I swear, people think they can barter the price on anything. I have a very dear friend who I love to shop with, but she has that mentality, and it gets embarassing sometimes when she's always trying to talk a store down on something! I thought that was usually just reserved for car buying and garage sales!

No signs..everyone wants after Christmas sales, so they'll try anything to get a better price. Today a lady wanted another 75% off the stuff that was marked off already for 75% off the regular price...I think I should just open the the door and let them take what they want because $1.99 a metre of fabric is too much money. (for all of you south of the border a metre is 39")

Knowing Carol.... there was a sign she forgot to take down ! :shake:
You'd have to ask Carol... isn't she the Beaver Butt Expert ??? :D

No signs even existed to begin with...they just have really high hopes!!!

But I don't have any Beaver Butt Soap...that's all yours!!! :D

You know.... some of us actually do work !

You work? OH, is that what you call it?:D

pjbs35a
12-28-2007, 07:00 PM

Note to self: Never pull the green lever and push the yellow button at the same time. Things got really bright here in Baton Rouge just before the mushroom cloud appeared. Who brought the wieners ???

disneydeb
12-28-2007, 07:12 PM
OK, who sent me a cold virus via computer?:mad:

I'm sneezing my head off over here!

I 've been drinking hot lemonade all day and sleeping a lot.
What have you all been up to? I can see that Ken claims to have been working....

pjbs35a
12-28-2007, 07:20 PM
What have you all been up to? I can see that Ken claims to have been working....

Note to self: :spy: Emailing incurable viruses via the Internet that disguise themselves as the cold virus works !!! And heads actually fall off due to sneezing and sleeping sickness follows. Should I take the next step ???

ElenitaB
12-28-2007, 09:59 PM
I've always been told to wear dark red. Good power color too! However, for our official firm videos and photo shoots we have to wear black suits and a solid shirt.

No signs..everyone wants after Christmas sales, so they'll try anything to get a better price.
Don't they realize they're shopping in a retail store and not a flea market? :rolleyes:

I'm sneezing my head off over here!]
Me too! Scratchy throat and now sneezy! Except my back is hurting a bit so each sneeze also has an "ow" attached at the end! So hot lemon helps?

Note to self: :spy: Emailing incurable viruses via the Internet that disguise themselves as the cold virus works !!! And heads actually fall off due to sneezing and sleeping sickness follows. Should I take the next step ???
Please, please don't! Rhonda, please send Frankie a :nono:

So we're up to number 4, right? My 4th plus of the year sounds suspiciously like Ken's... for me it's a plus that I only had one surgery and one hospital stay in 2007. :D Hopefully in 2008, I won't be doing my share to increase the hospital's bottom line.

Any plans for the weekend? Bethany's coming over again tomorrow and we'll be hitting Costco and also making clothing/houseware donations to the local Salvation Army.

Caroleh
12-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Don't they realize they're shopping in a retail store and not a flea market? :rolleyes:

Any plans for the weekend? Bethany's coming over again tomorrow and we'll be hitting Costco and also making clothing/houseware donations to the local Salvation Army.

Two theories...they want to do things the way things are in their home country and others are just cheap, cheap,cheap!!! :D It just blows my mind how some people are!! I keep saying we're not a clothing or electronics store trying to get rid of overstock from Christmas.:D

I'm packing more fabric and old clothes that no longer fit. The clothes I'll take to the store for one of my staff members daughters. We're talking about going to Ikea to look for furniture.

Are you doing any scrapbooking tomorrow, Ellen? I'd love to be close enough to you and Bethany to scrapbook. Someday we'll have to meet somewhere along with Blythe and have a scrapbooking party!!!

disneydeb
12-29-2007, 05:53 AM
Ellen,
I'm sending you some turkey noodle soup and a pitcher of lemonade. Pour the lemonade in a cup and heat in the microwave a couple of minutes. It helps the scratchy throat. I'm hoping turkey noodle soup works as well as chicken noodle soup since I have turkey leftovers. I hope you feel better soon. Do you think it will help you? That last sneeze almost blew out my question...
#3 Thankfulness for my dear grandson, Gage. He is a treasure beyond expectation.

Caroleh
12-29-2007, 09:19 AM
:pixie::pixie: for everyone getting the cold that Frankie is sending around.

For today my countdown thankfulness is learning to bellydance. It has done so much for me, and not just for weight loss.

Does anyone want to help me pack today? Gilles is at work and I really don't feel like packing. Part of me wants to run off to my favorite scrapbook store, but then that means more packing to do!!! I could go research for storage for the new house. Do you think that'll work?

Dsnygirl
12-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Good morning, all... I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday ahead of you!! Not too much happening here... we've got the ballet shuffle going on 'til noon, then the only other plans are getting some stuff done around here for the day. Going into three nights of work means not much will get done for the next three days, and seeing as it'll be New Year's Day by the time I'm done working, I want to have my stuff in order to welcome 2008!! So... I probably won't be around much 'til tonight... I hope you guys all have a great day! :)

Ooops.... almost forgot... my thankfulness for day 3?? As simple as it may seem to some, it's for my (okay, our) new kitty Quincy. He has filled a hole left when we put my other "baby" down last fall, and he's given my spirits a lift when I've needed it most. God sure knew what He was doing when He made animals, didn't He?? :thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
12-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Happy Christmas everyone! I've been in hiding, as Christmas just about killed me this year...I only just regained use of my right hand. Next year I am doing Christmas dinner ONLY!

We had a fabulous holiday (and we are still off -- a whole week off!) -- my oldest brother and his family were home for Christmas and just went home this morning -- It was so great to see them!

Let's see -- I'll play catch up for the thankful list

#6 - For the continued good health of my children and husband

#5 - For my mom's greatly improved health and successful extraction

#4 - For this past week with my family

#3 - Getting to meet so many of you over the past year -- some of you multiple times!

:pixie: and Benelyn for all you suffering right now.... I am off to put the tree away! Anyone want to help me? Hello? Hellooooooo!!

pogo
12-29-2007, 12:10 PM
But I don't have any Beaver Butt Soap...that's all yours!!!
Nope... but you have the beavers _ _ _ _ ! In case you are wondering it spells tail. What were you thinking ? :D

OK, who sent me a cold virus via computer?

My money is on Gage, not computer virus ! How would I know ?? Patti and I have both got one that came from Joshua.... my runny nosed little Grandson that just had to give Grandpa and Grandma kisses for the first time in his little 1 1/2 year old life. :thumbsup::cloud9:

Happy Christmas everyone! I've been in hiding, as Christmas just about killed me this year...I only just regained use of my right hand. Next year I am doing Christmas dinner ONLY!

We had a fabulous holiday (and we are still off -- a whole week off!) -- my oldest brother and his family were home for Christmas and just went home this morning -- It was so great to see them!

Let's see -- I'll play catch up for the thankful list

#6 - For the continued good health of my children and husband

#5 - For my mom's greatly improved health and successful extraction

#4 - For this past week with my family

#3 - Getting to meet so many of you over the past year -- some of you multiple times!

Happy Christmas Cousin.... we've missed you. I'm sorry you've suffered so much during the holiday, but I'm sure it was wonderful being with your whole family !

My number 3 would have to be our new :car: this year. It is a pleasure to drive.... so much so, that we are considering a road trip to WDW instead of flying. :D

Have a great day everyone. I think we are going to see Enchanted this afternoon. :D

pjbs35a
12-29-2007, 12:15 PM
:pixie::pixie: for everyone getting the cold that Frankie is sending around.

It's too late !!!
Note to self: How do I prevent myself from getting the virus I am sending out ??? Back to the :spy: drawing board.

Big day planned for today. I am getting a haircut. And for those of you that have seen my hair or lack thereof, you know that should be quite an event. May get my legs waxed while I am there just to make the trip worth it.

Tink&Goofy
12-29-2007, 01:03 PM

Me too! Scratchy throat and now sneezy! Except my back is hurting a bit so each sneeze also has an "ow" attached at the end!
:ditto: Haven't felt like doing much of anything. Course we are leaving this afternoon to visit the in-laws. Oh joy - the in-laws when your feeling horrible...

Have a great day everyone. I think we are going to see Enchanted this afternoon. :D
We saw this yesterday and really enjoyed it! It was so entertaining, I actually forgot about how bad I felt!! Enjoy!

I'm a little behind on Ken's thankful things, so here goes:
6. DH new job that he started in Feb. He LOVES it, and FINALLY has realized that money isn't everything! :D
5. Our trip to DL with my Mom & Stepdad. What wonderful memories for all of us!
4. Good health of parents - DM lump being benign, and DSD "stroke" being a migraine.
3. Intercot! Meeting all of you on line (and many in person!) Here's a :hug: for each of you!

Anyone have any tips on surviving the trip to the in-laws whe you feel like.....?

drummerboy
12-29-2007, 01:31 PM
You KNOW that the bank will wait until the very last minute to approve it - don't you?

Ummmm.... did you 'toss' your cookies at home? Or just misplace them? I would lend you some cookies but I actually just cleared them all out of my computer.. sorry!
The loan wasn't mine. Our office was doing the closing for someone else, and the seller bank's bureauracy was hold things up. Turns out we're clear to record on Wednesday, so I left.

How could you toss all your cookies and not leave us any? Wait...

Note to self: Never pull the green lever and push the yellow button at the same time. Things got really bright here in Baton Rouge just before the mushroom cloud appeared. Who brought the wieners ???
Note to self: Need note to Q to put skids on Frankie's activities. Mushrooms are so last week.

Note to Q--HURRY!

Our group was doing a signing at a bluegrass festival and a guy came up to one of us and asked the price of his book ($19.95), then asked if he'd take $10.00 for it. Guess he thought all those craft booths were flea market booths.

I'm a little late today, but--

and my day three is the fact that I've been married to my 'starter wife' for over 31 years now.

pjbs35a
12-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Anyone have any tips on surviving the trip to the in-laws when you feel like.....?

I am on it !!! Would you like for me to send you a :spy: potion to add to their drinks ??? It's a "can't miss" solution but I can never guarantee the after effects !!! :skull:

BriarRose0708
12-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Jym and Rachel, I'll keep you all in my prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy. I am so excited for you!

Huh? How did I miss this news??? Congratulations guys, I'm so excited for you both!

I am off to put the tree away! Anyone want to help me? Hello? Hellooooooo!!

You're putting the tree away already? I feel like I've just put mine up!

Ellen, I made some chicken and vegetable soup today, want some? I think it will make you feel better!

pogo
12-29-2007, 04:41 PM
OK..... I've got to ask a question that will open all kinds of comments........ but..... am I the biggest SAP ever ? :confused: (ok Carol.. ok Alex.... fire away.)
I really enjoyed Enchanted ! I think this was truely a Disney Gem ! There really is a "happy forever and ever !" :D

I'm a little late today, but--

and my day three is the fact that I've been married to my 'starter wife' for over 31 years now. :shake: She has to be a Saint !:D

Huh? How did I miss this news??? Congratulations guys, I'm so excited for you both!
I guess you better hang around here a little more. :D What are your plans for New Years Eve ?? :D

Caroleh
12-29-2007, 05:00 PM
OK..... I've got to ask a question that will open all kinds of comments........ but..... am I the biggest SAP ever ? :confused: (ok Carol.. ok Alex.... fire away.)
What are your plans for New Years Eve ?? :D

I'll be nice, Buddy, for once..:D I haven't seen it and I'm not sure if I will..we have a thing in our house..I can't sit still long enough to see a movie in a theater and Gilles can't stay awake. I don't think he's seen POTC completely yet. The only movies he's seen the whole thing is comic book movies, i.e. Batman, Superman, Spiderman, etc... As for the SAP, I've been in tears so much lately so we will blame it on the season!!! Does that work for you?

New Years Eve...we're staying at home. The friends house we usually go to, they aren't around. I'm making a pan of Taco dip and a nice bottle of wine, this is of course after a day of work.

BriarRose0708
12-29-2007, 05:37 PM
I really enjoyed Enchanted ! I think this was truely a Disney Gem ! There really is a "happy forever and ever !" :D

:shake: She has to be a Saint !:D

I guess you better hang around here a little more. :D What are your plans for New Years Eve ?? :D

I don't know, are you a big SAP? I LOVED Enchanted! I have the soundtrack! I know, I know, I should check in more often. I am not sure what I'm doing for New Year's, but there are a few parties going on here, I'm sure I'll stop by one or two.

pjbs35a
12-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Where is Mike Tyson when you need him ???

How proud am I to be a Louisianian ???

WEST MONROE, La. — A Louisiana woman is missing the top third of her right ear and her former boyfriend is facing an aggravated second-degree battery charge.

Todd Griffin Stutts, 31, of West Monroe, was arrested early Thursday morning.

According to arrest reports, the victim came home to her West Monroe residence in Ouachita Parish and found the door locked. She shared the residence with Stutts, but the two are no longer a couple, reports stated.

The victim told deputies she banged on the door and Stutts finally opened it, grabbed her by the shirt and jerked her inside, causing her shirt to rip.

During the struggle, Stutts allegedly bit a "chunk" of the woman's right ear off, deputies said.

The victim still had her car keys in her hand and began striking Stutts in the face and managed to escape with her juvenile daughter.

Deputies checked the area, but could not locate the piece of ear.

Stutts' bond was set at $5,000.

dlpmikki
12-29-2007, 05:50 PM
We are allowed to be thankful for more than one thing? Great! I have so much to be thankful for. Here are just a few more to catch up:
6 - a wonderful husband (20 years married and still going)
5 - a wonderful husband and a donor who gave him a new kidney 28 years ago
4 - friends on Intercot old and new (strange how a discussion on weak american coffee can lead to a wonderful friendship)
3 - Living and being involved in a lovely small village - it's a real community
2 - tennis - watching and playing. It's been patrt of my life for over 40 years and I love it.

Oops - probably overcompensated and gone ahead now so I had better stop. Hope everyone has even more things to be thankful about in 2008 :cloud9:

disneydeb
12-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Where is Mike Tyson when you need him ???

How proud am I to be a Louisianian ???

WEST MONROE, La. — A Louisiana woman is missing the top third of her right ear and her former boyfriend is facing an aggravated second-degree battery charge.

Todd Griffin Stutts, 31, of West Monroe, was arrested early Thursday morning.

According to arrest reports, the victim came home to her West Monroe residence in Ouachita Parish and found the door locked. She shared the residence with Stutts, but the two are no longer a couple, reports stated.

The victim told deputies she banged on the door and Stutts finally opened it, grabbed her by the shirt and jerked her inside, causing her shirt to rip.

During the struggle, Stutts allegedly bit a "chunk" of the woman's right ear off, deputies said.

The victim still had her car keys in her hand and began striking Stutts in the face and managed to escape with her juvenile daughter.

Deputies checked the area, but could not locate the piece of ear.

Stutts' bond was set at $5,000.

Only 5K?!

ElenitaB
12-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the soup, Deb and Nikki! :eat: Feeling moderately better but now I'm coughing instead of sneezing. :(

Two theories...they want to do things the way things are in their home country and others are just cheap, cheap,cheap!!! :D It just blows my mind how some people are!!

Are you doing any scrapbooking tomorrow, Ellen? I'd love to be close enough to you and Bethany to scrapbook. Someday we'll have to meet somewhere along with Blythe and have a scrapbooking party!!!
Talking of how cheap people are, Bethany, her DH and I went to Costco today and sure enough, there were two women stuffing a box of clementines with clementines from other boxes! :rolleyes:

No scrapping for us today, unless you count me buying and downloading a bunch of digital scrap stuff this morning. Picked up some great stuff online on SALE!

That sounds terribly dangerous. Glad to hear that you're doing better!

Anyone have any tips on surviving the trip to the in-laws whe you feel like.....?
Pretend that you're going to WDW and will be visiting some of the Seven Dwarves. You get to pick who the most appropriate two are. ;)

My number 3 plus of the year is, at the risk of sounding superficial, the promotion I received at work this year. I've worked very hard over the past few years and it was nice to have the effort recognized. I also happen to have one of the best managers ever!

Well, you all have liked Enchanted so much, that it's time that we finally go. It's supposed to rain and get nasty here tomorrow night, so hopefully we'll make it to the theatre in the afternoon.

pogo
12-29-2007, 10:24 PM
I'll be nice, Buddy, for once.
:faint:

OK..... who are you and what have you done with the real Caroleh ?????

I don't know, are you a big SAP? I LOVED Enchanted! I have the soundtrack! I know, I know, I should check in more often. I am not sure what I'm doing for New Year's, but there are a few parties going on here, I'm sure I'll stop by one or two.
We might go to the Rochester City Celebration. They do a wonderful :fworks: show. :D

Well, you all have liked Enchanted so much, that it's time that we finally go. It's supposed to rain and get nasty here tomorrow night, so hopefully we'll make it to the theatre in the afternoon.I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
12-29-2007, 10:50 PM
:baby: Hi all - just checking in from babyland! Pretty busy here tonight, but mangageable... hopefully I won't live to regret saying that!! :blush:

How's everyone doing tonight?? I hope you're all enjoying the beginning of a fun holiday weekend... I just cannot believe it is almost 2008 already!! But then, I'm thrilled... it means it's actually the year we're going back to Disney!! (Okay, I guess I really can't complain, seeing as we were there in October, but I just can't wait to be there w/ my girls again... :blush:)

Have a good night everyone... I hope to check in again later!! :baby:

disneydeb
12-30-2007, 02:22 AM
Jenn - What did you do to your hand?

Ellen, I think I might go see enchanted tomorrow afternoon, too. It is too bad I can't take you and Ben with me, we would have a bunch of fun.....maybe if you could teleport yourself and Ben to Tennessee..:teleport::teleport: :D
I've always wanted to use that one..:D

I'm sending you a Tennessee cough remedy. It is Jack Daniel's, sugar and lemon heated. You may cough just as much but you'll remember it more fondly..:D

Dsnygirl
12-30-2007, 02:50 AM
I'm sending you a Tennessee cough remedy. It is Jack Daniel's, sugar and lemon heated. You may cough just as much but you'll remember it more fondly..:D

Whoo hoo!! Now that's a remedy I'm going to remember... much better than the hot orange I mix up!! You southerners sure know how to find a way to mix your liquors into everything.... iced tea... lemondade... and now cough remedies!! What's next?? :D

trackbarroness
12-30-2007, 02:55 AM
What am I doing for New Years? :D That is besides working? still haven't seen Enchanted yet been told it's really good by a several people at work. And yes I do start work rather early they must know something.
And I still think I need to get a "life".
All I do is "eat, sleep, work, and dream about Disney" oh what I life I lead eh? :D lololol

pogo
12-30-2007, 04:54 AM
Good morning all ! I've been up since about 3:00 AM and I'm feeling terrible. I've gone through half a box of tissues. Any suggestions ?

I'm sending you a Tennessee cough remedy. It is Jack Daniel's, sugar and lemon heated. You may cough just as much but you'll remember it more fondly..:DI don't think it will help with this head cold, but what the heck, I'll try it. :D

Whoo hoo!! Now that's a remedy I'm going to remember... much better than the hot orange I mix up!! You southerners sure know how to find a way to mix your liquors into everything.... iced tea... lemondade... and now cough remedies!! What's next?? Don't forget pancakes !:D

What am I doing for New Years? That is besides working? still haven't seen Enchanted yet been told it's really good by a several people at work. And yes I do start work rather early they must know something.
And I still think I need to get a "life".
All I do is "eat, sleep, work, and dream about Disney" oh what I life I lead eh? :D lololol :shake: Nothing else ? :confused:

Dsnygirl
12-30-2007, 06:46 AM
Good morning all ! I've been up since about 3:00 AM and I'm feeling terrible. I've gone through half a box of tissues. Any suggestions?
Neighbor, I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so bad... something is definitely going around!! Dan can't seem to get rid of his pink eye, and I've got a terrible sore throat and runny nose/sneezing. But - seeing as I was sent home on Christmas, I really can't stay home anymore!! Esp. with NY Eve being the "big $$ night"... I'd better get better fast!! And so had you -- you've got to ring in the New Year!! Would you like some homemade chicken soup (for later) and maybe a nice cup of hot orange juice with a dash of lemon, a dollup of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon?? Guaranteed to make you feel better... sorry, no Jack Daniels or anything "medicinal"...

alpro2
12-30-2007, 08:26 AM
I really enjoyed Enchanted ! I think this was truely a Disney Gem ! There really is a "happy forever and ever !"

I'll be nice, Buddy, for once..:D ... As for the SAP, I've been in tears so much lately so we will blame it on the season!!! Does that work for you?

:rotfl: :funny: :haha: What???? Do I have a couple of softies here? Sugarbritches #1 and Sugarbrithces #2.

Good morning all ! I've been up since about 3:00 AM and I'm feeling terrible. I've gone through half a box of tissues. Any suggestions ?

Watching movies again, Pogo? What was it this time, Bambi? :D

Caroleh
12-30-2007, 09:44 AM
What???? Do I have a couple of softies here? Sugarbritches #1 and Sugarbrithces #2.

I can be a softie during the holidays!!! There are several reasons that I won't get into, but one reason this year is I'm going through WDW withdrawal. Is that okay?

Watching movies again, Pogo? What was it this time, Bambi?

:rotfl: :funny: :haha:

Anyway, here's some more :pixie::pixie::pixie: for all of you with the colds. I'm :hide: so I don't get it, which is really weird why I don't get colds considering I go out with wet hair every morning I work!!

My countdown for today has to be my trip to WDW and the magic that I was able to give. It really is so fulfilling to give a little to someone else then it is to receive. Those images of the people I made so happy will forever be etched in my mind.

Is there any pancakes, muffins or Mickey waffles this morning? I'm going to have to have Gilles make Tonga Toast one of these mornings!!!

drummerboy
12-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Today's 2007 plus is that I got my short story published.

How is everybody this morning, or shouldn't I ask? Sounds like the grunge is running rampant. Hope everybody gets over whatever they have in short order. So far, even after having the grandbabies here for two weeks, DW and I are holding up pretty well.

Here we are camped a couple of hundred feet from the ocean and DW and I spent the whole day yesterday vegging and playing with our computers. We've been laughing about us sitting at the dining table with our 'dueling laptops'. Maybe we'll get out and about today. Maybe...

Mickey'sGirl
12-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Jenn - What did you do to your hand?I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and frequently forget that I do....and overdo it. My tendons seized in my right hand it rendered it useless for a few days...but all is good now....and I'm planning New Year's Day dinner. :D

I'm sending you a Tennessee cough remedy. It is Jack Daniel's, sugar and lemon heated. You may cough just as much but you'll remember it more fondly..:DYou know, a certain friend of mine from Knoxville gave me a bottle of special Green Label JD. Do you think I should crack it open and pass it around for the suffering crew?

Today's 2007 plus is that I got my short story published.I'm glad you did too! :thumbsup:My number 2 is the addition of our Tate this past January. He is a lovely doggie, and we're all just crazy for him!

We've been laughing about us sitting at the dining table with our 'dueling laptops'.Why are images from Deliverance flying through my mind????

I am steeling myself to go to work in the am. I have to work until noon, then I am off again until Thursday. These holiday weeks cause huge confusion to those of us with ultra scheduled lives! Brian is taking the kids down to the new Dinosaur exhibit at the Royal Ontario Museum and I will meet them there after work.....that's our exciting New Year's Eve! Anyone care to join us?

pogo
12-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Well I'm back up out of bed and still not feeling well, but we will survive.

My number 2 would have to be our farewell at POFQ this past April. Brain, Jenn, Harry and Euan met us for lunch after our DVC tour and at the end while we were saying goodbye, Euan gave me a hug ! He caught me completely by surprise and it still makes me smile every time I think of it. That is my number two ! :D

Neighbor, I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so bad... something is definitely going around!! Dan can't seem to get rid of his pink eye, and I've got a terrible sore throat and runny nose/sneezing. But - seeing as I was sent home on Christmas, I really can't stay home anymore!! Esp. with NY Eve being the "big $$ night"... I'd better get better fast!! And so had you -- you've got to ring in the New Year!! Would you like some homemade chicken soup (for later) and maybe a nice cup of hot orange juice with a dash of lemon, a dollup of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon?? Guaranteed to make you feel better... sorry, no Jack Daniels or anything "medicinal"...Sounds good. And I think I'm going to try my Yukon Jack therapy today. Do you think it will help ?? :D

:rotfl: :funny: :haha: What???? Do I have a couple of softies here? Sugarbritches #1 and Sugarbrithces #2.

Bambi is the one Disney movie I do not like. I'm a venison lover, but in a different way. ;)

I can be a softie during the holidays!!! There are several reasons that I won't get into, but one reason this year is I'm going through WDW withdrawal. Is that okay?

:yes:

Brian is taking the kids down to the new Dinosaur exhibit at the Royal Ontario Museum and I will meet them there after work.....that's our exciting New Year's Eve! Anyone care to join us?
Sure..... want two sicko's hanging with ya ? :D

BriarRose0708
12-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Anyone want some soup? I made a huge batch yesterday and with all the colds going around I have enough to share! Hope you're all feeling better soon and can enjoy the New Year!

disneydeb
12-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Watching movies again, Pogo? What was it this time, Bambi? :D

Alex, Do you need a cold? I'm calling Frankie!:D

Caroleh
12-30-2007, 08:30 PM
I am steeling myself to go to work in the am. I have to work until noon, then I am off again until Thursday. These holiday weeks cause huge confusion to those of us with ultra scheduled lives! Brian is taking the kids down to the new Dinosaur exhibit at the Royal Ontario Museum and I will meet them there after work.....that's our exciting New Year's Eve! Anyone care to join us?

I'd love to, Jenn but I have to work until 5. You can come this way and say hi to me!!!

Does anyone have anything big planned for 2008? I'm moving in a little over 60 days!!!

ElenitaB
12-30-2007, 08:37 PM
And I still think I need to get a "life". All I do is "eat, sleep, work, and dream about Disney" oh what I life I lead eh? :D lololol
You're living the dream! Can we live vicariously through you?

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and frequently forget that I do....and overdo it. My tendons seized in my right hand it rendered it useless for a few days...but all is good now....and I'm planning New Year's Day dinner.
Feel better! What's for dinner? (Maybe I can get an idea for our menu from your menu...)

Alex, Do you need a cold? I'm calling Frankie!:D
Deb, hold off on that until the spring. Right now with his healing back, it's probably not a good idea. Plus, he'll be expecting it. (Get him when he's least expecting it... :plot:)

My 2 plus for the year is being part of this wonderful community and this great thread, and particularly having had the opportunity to meet some of you in person. :hug:

Hey, Deb, can I get a virgin version of that remedy (I don't think my docs would approve) or should I just get Blythe's souped-up OJ! And Nikki, send that soup on down here!

Who, besides Jenn and Blythe, has to work tomorrow? I'll have fresh muffins for you in the AM.

Dsnygirl
12-30-2007, 09:16 PM
:rotfl:

Here we are camped a couple of hundred feet from the ocean and DW and I spent the whole day yesterday vegging and playing with our computers. We've been laughing about us sitting at the dining table with our 'dueling laptops'. Maybe we'll get out and about today. Maybe...
Rough life you've got there... mind if we come join you??? Sounds pretty close to perfect...

You know, a certain friend of mine from Knoxville gave me a bottle of special Green Label JD. Do you think I should crack it open and pass it around for the suffering crew?

Brian is taking the kids down to the new Dinosaur exhibit at the Royal Ontario Museum and I will meet them there after work.....that's our exciting New Year's Eve! Anyone care to join us?
Yup - I think I could use a swig or two... would probably kill whatever ails me better than the echinacea's doing...

We'd LOVE to join you... my girls love dinosaur exhibits!! Wish we could just scoot on up there... have fun!!

Sounds good. And I think I'm going to try my Yukon Jack therapy today. Do you think it will help ??

Can't hurt, right?? :D

Does anyone have anything big planned for 2008? I'm moving in a little over 60 days!!!
So far, only our Disney trip... we don't anticipate moving unless a miracle happens in the market around here. But that's okay - it'll certainly make the December trip easier!! And it's all about getting to the mouse, right?? :blush:
I'd be so excited, if I were you... I can't believe it's only 60 days now!!

My 2 plus for the year is being part of this wonderful community and this great thread, and particularly having had the opportunity to meet some of you in person. :hug:

I'll have fresh muffins for you in the AM.
Ditto!! We loved meeting you!!

Thanks for the muffins... gives me something to look forward to!!

Let's see... my number 2 thing for 2007? It'd have to be my DH's job... sounds crazy, esp. if he's reading this, b/c things have been nuts around there lately... but after reading in the paper today that the job losses in his field (home building) have been "staggering", it's good to know he's been safe, and that things are on the upswing, hopefully. :fingers:

How's everyone's Sunday night going? Mine's good... things are (shhhh) not so bad around here, so it could be another nice night!! :thumbsup:

drummerboy
12-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Rough life you've got there... mind if we come join you??? Sounds pretty close to perfect...
Sure, come on. We need somebody to get up and let the dog out and in. :D

Still haven't made it down to the ocean. Today we strolled around the outlet mall. Only thing we got were some Oshkoshes for the littl'uns. Then we had our 'New Years' dinner (not going out amidst the drunk drivers tomorrow night) at Red Lobster, which was right around the corner from the outlet shops, which are just around the corner from the campground. All this incessant travel! :drama:

Can somebody reach into the refrigerator and bring me another coke?

BriarRose0708
12-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Soup's on the way Ellen! I'll be working tomorrow as well. What kind of muffins will there be?

Caroleh
12-30-2007, 10:51 PM
Deb, hold off on that until the spring. Right now with his healing back, it's probably not a good idea. Plus, he'll be expecting it. (Get him when he's least expecting it... :plot:)

Who, besides Jenn and Blythe, has to work tomorrow? I'll have fresh muffins for you in the AM.

We have to get the cold to hit him about the same time he swings his first golf club in his juicy shorts and tube top!!!

I'm working all day tomorrow and a muffin sounds great for breakfast!!

I'd be so excited, if I were you... I can't believe it's only 60 days now!!

How's everyone's Sunday night going? Mine's good... things are (shhhh) not so bad around here, so it could be another nice night!! :thumbsup:

I know, the time has flown. On New Years Day, we are planning on going over and taking a look. We doubt if we can get into it, but at least we'll take a peak in the windows.

My Sunday went fast..instead of packing I was playing Zoo Tycoon 2 on my computer. I think I do better under pressure then being prepared WAY ahead of time!!

Bylthe, are you ready to deliver the New Year Baby? I'd be a little concerned if it looked like Ken, Pogo or Alex. It might be a heck of a year!!!

ElenitaB
12-30-2007, 11:35 PM
What kind of muffins will there be?
What kind would you like? Actually, they'll be some cinnamon streusel ones. I'll also be making orange choc chip scones. And since I'll be out and about early in the AM, I can go to Starbuck's for us. Who wants what?

Ken, here's your Coke! :D

drummerboy
12-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Ken, here's your Coke! :D
Ah, thank you my dear. I was afraid DW or I would have to walk both steps over to the refrigerator, and we didn't want to trip over the dog.

Anybody want to go to Breakfast by the Sea restaurant with us in the a.m.? It's the campground eatery and only open for breakfast.

BronxTigger
12-31-2007, 12:08 AM
So...why are we still up NOW? It's the wrong night to be up this late!

I'm going to sleep now; I'll catch you all later.

Did you miss me?

Dsnygirl
12-31-2007, 12:40 AM
Still haven't made it down to the ocean. Today we strolled around the outlet mall. Only thing we got were some Oshkoshes for the littl'uns. Then we had our 'New Years' dinner (not going out amidst the drunk drivers tomorrow night) at Red Lobster, which was right around the corner from the outlet shops, which are just around the corner from the campground. All this incessant travel! :drama:
Yup... you guys have it rough... but hey, at least your dog's been let out and you've got your Coke... anything else we can do??? :D

I know, the time has flown. On New Years Day, we are planning on going over and taking a look. We doubt if we can get into it, but at least we'll take a peak in the windows.

Blythe, are you ready to deliver the New Year Baby? I'd be a little concerned if it looked like Ken, Pogo or Alex. It might be a heck of a year!!!
Have fun looking!! I hope you can get in!!

Yup, I'm ready, and hoping to be here... the staffing numbers look a little high, and they mandatory cancel on the "money" night. So, cross your fingers for me...

What kind would you like? Actually, they'll be some cinnamon streusel ones. I'll also be making orange choc chip scones. And since I'll be out and about early in the AM, I can go to Starbuck's for us. Who wants what?

Mmm... they both sound awesome!! And since you're going, I'd love a peppermint mocha latte... I'll just save it for when I get up!! Definitely worth getting out of bed for... :blush:

So...why are we still up NOW? It's the wrong night to be up this late!
Occupational hazard... ;)

So - anybody out there?? T&G, where'd you go?? And Lynne - boy has it been ages since we've heard from you!! [Shouting....] WHERE ARE YOU, GIRL?? We miss your avat... I mean, you!! :blush:

Mickey'sGirl
12-31-2007, 08:36 AM
:hi: Mornin'! Thanks for the muffins and coffee Ellen! Man is it a ghost town down here.... Where is everyone?

disneydrmr
12-31-2007, 09:25 AM
Hello? Anyone out there? Am I the only one at work? And am I the only one that will probably be at work ALL day? Even though we are averaging only about 1 phone call every half hour. Anyone have any exciting plans for tonight? Me? I'm gonna be trying to figure out a way for DH and I to pack up and move as far away from his family as we can! (and not leave a forwarding address!) I spent yesterday ANGRY and in tears and very frustrated! Times like this I wish I were a drinker...

Ellen - if you haven't already made the Starbucks run would you mind picking me up a Venti Hot Caramel Apple Cider? EXTRA Whip Topping please!

Get well wishes to all the sickies on the thread!

Ken - enjoy that ocean view! And why haven't you trained your dog to run into the camper, open the fridge, get the coke, close the fridge, and bring it to you?

Blythe - will be thinking of you tonight... will be exciting for you I'm sure waiting for that first baby of the new year!

drummerboy
12-31-2007, 10:13 AM
Ken - enjoy that ocean view! And why haven't you trained your dog to run into the camper, open the fridge, get the coke, close the fridge, and bring it to you?
It's all DW's fault. She has that dog so spoiled...

It'll stay in the sixties here until tomorrow, then the bottom is supposed to drop out (relatively speaking). Wednesday night it's supposed to go down to the twenties.

Blythe, is there a pool going at your workplace on who delivers the first baby of the new year? My law partner's birthday is tomorrow, but I don't know what time of night or day he was born.

We've been sleeping in a lot, so I've been late getting the countdown on, but...

and my plus for 2007 today is the fact that John thought of launching Intercot and got it off the ground. I have really enjoyed sharing the banter, the joys and the worries of this extended family.

BronxTigger
12-31-2007, 10:59 AM
So...who wishes they were going to Times Square tonight? NOT ME!!!

I thought the Food and Wine Festival during the 10th Anniversary Party was enough. I will be at home watching the festivities on tv. Well, after I return my rental car to White Plains.

ElenitaB
12-31-2007, 11:07 AM
Here's a hot apple caramel cider with extra topping for Di, two Peppermint Mocha lattes (the skim one is for me), and a plain ol' latte for Jenn. Jenn, you need to let us know if you want frou-frou, okay? ;)

Anybody want to go to Breakfast by the Sea restaurant with us in the a.m.? It's the campground eatery and only open for breakfast.
Wow, that sounds nice. What time will you be up tomorrow morning? We'd love to come along!

Hello? Anyone out there? Am I the only one at work? And am I the only one that will probably be at work ALL day? Even though we are averaging only about 1 phone call every half hour. Anyone have any exciting plans for tonight? Me? I'm gonna be trying to figure out a way for DH and I to pack up and move as far away from his family as we can! (and not leave a forwarding address!) I spent yesterday ANGRY and in tears and very frustrated! Times like this I wish I were a drinker...
I'm sorry, Di! You're welcome to come move here. I can arrange for my cousin Vito to keep the mean in-laws away.

I might do some work today but I really should just clean, do laundry, etc. Plus I'd really like to go to the movies. Can you believe that we still haven't seen Enchanted? That's about the extent of our exciting plans for tonight... movies and maybe dinner at Outback. And we have sparkling cider to toast the New Year.

At the risk of getting too sappy, my 1 plus for the year is that the good Lord granted me another year of life. I feel so blessed to still be here and continue to fight the fight. And as challenging as it is to parent a tween, I'm incredibly blessed to be able to do so.

ElenitaB
12-31-2007, 11:11 AM
Anyone notice anything different on Bethany's post???

Congrats on 2000 posts! It's always fun to read your posts! :tigger:

Mickey'sGirl
12-31-2007, 11:16 AM
Jenn, you need to let us know if you want frou-frou, okay? No frou-frou for this girl....unless its cinnamon. Thanks for the latte!

And as challenging as it is to parent a tween, I'm incredibly blessed to be able to do so.
You made my eyes leak. I feel the same way about my guys!

My #1 blessing is that Brian and I still have all of our parents, and they are in good health. Our children are blessed to have these people, who care so much about them, in their lives and that they really know them.

I want to see National Treasure...anyone in?

ElenitaB
12-31-2007, 11:32 AM
Hi, Jenn! Did your boys go see the dinosaurs today?

We saw National Treasure last week and really liked it! Have you seen the first one? It was awesome and they even had pamphlets about seeing where they filmed in Boston, Phillie and DC. Very cool! :thumbsup:

Where is Lynne? We do miss you, girl! Did Capt. Jack sweep you away?

Alex, where are you? Are you afraid of catching a cold? Blythe can get you gloves if you're afraid we're contagious. ;) C'mon, post already so we can all congratulate you on your latest posting milestone.

Where is everyone else? Carol's working... what about everyone else??? :look:

Mickey'sGirl
12-31-2007, 11:39 AM
They are there right now! I will go meet them in about a half hour....

We re-watched the original National Treasure last night...and now we are really pumped for the next installment...

Wanna take bets on who will NOT make it to midnight tonight?

drummerboy
12-31-2007, 11:59 AM
The way we've been going this week, DW and I will still be awake at 2 a.m.. It's going to be rough getting back to work schedule.

Anybody going to watch the ball drop tonight?

ElenitaB
12-31-2007, 12:16 PM
Jenn, with as busy as you've been, I put my money on you and Euan not making it to midnight.

The way we've been going this week, DW and I will still be awake at 2 a.m.. It's going to be rough getting back to work schedule.

We've been on the same sleep schedule. :rolleyes: How am I going to get DS ready to go back to school? And for the record, he's the one who LOVES to stay up late!

We'll be watching the ball drop. Even though my office is right across the street (look for us to the right of the ball... big red neon letters heading down the side of the building), I've never been tempted to actually be there in Times Square. The combo of having to stake out a good spot from 11:00 in the morning, no bathrooms and the cold weather just isn't appealing to me. Wish I had gone into the office though to take pictures of the ball for y'all. It's very cool to see!

Will we be toasting each other virtually tonight? Blythe, do you need any help as you catch the JQ new year's baby?

drummerboy
12-31-2007, 12:52 PM
Will we be toasting each other virtually tonight?
VMK is giving our virtual confetti. Too bad we can't import some here.

Ellen, I'll have to look for your building tonight.

Anybody got the pitchers of coffee ready to go for tomorrow morning?

disneydeb
12-31-2007, 02:49 PM
Ellen , your #1got to me too!

I think I will have say my #1 is my husband.

I didn't keep up with this list on a daily basis, but I have to say that my trip to Disney where I met so many of you - my wonderful circle of Disney friends has to be one of the most blessed highlights of the year.

My daughters growing and finding their way into an adult world are a blessing . Amy will graduate from barber school and Laura will hopefully go back to school and finish her nursing degree.

Where is my question?

God bless you all and keep you safe and healthy in the new year!:grouphug::newyear:

pogo
12-31-2007, 04:34 PM
Hi all.... I started to post and my internet went down leaving me high and dry. Our DSL has been on the fritz for all last night and most of the day today. :(

My number 1 would have to be having Patti as my wife, my lover, and my best friend. :cloud9: Without her I'd be lost.

This year has brought an awfull lot of heartache and sadness to our house with the loss of very good friends and family members earlier this year.

I just learned another member of my graduating class has died as well as a good friend that I used to perform with for ten years. It truely has left a hole in my heart.

But life goes on and with Patti by my side and the love of good friends, the new year looks brighter than ever. :D

Happy New Year everyone !

:newyear:
Do I really need a question tonight ?? :confused:

dlpmikki
12-31-2007, 06:05 PM
Who needs a question when we wave farewell to the old year and welcome in the new year with hope in our hearts?

Only an hour to go here in the UK and some parts of the world are already in 2008. How come you folks in the USA are so far behind? ;)

Wishing everyone a healthy, happy and prosperous new year! :newyear:

Caroleh
12-31-2007, 06:32 PM

That would be me!!! We've opened a bottle of Borolo and started the drinking!!!

My #1 for this year is My wonderful DH, Gilles got the raise that he deserved many years ago to help us have everything that we have gotten this year. Also, my family friends that all are very special to me. I don't know what I'd do without any of them. I know some of you here are some of my dearest friends.

Was that sappy enough?

BronxTigger
12-31-2007, 06:42 PM

Congrats on 2000 posts! It's always fun to read your posts! :tigger:

Awww, thanks!

On tv!

VMK is giving our virtual confetti. Too bad we can't import some here.

Ellen, I'll have to look for your building tonight.

Are you on VMK? If so, what is your title?

Will you look for my building too while you're looking for Ellen's? I've actually picked my building out of the crowd while flying into LaGuardia once!

drummerboy
12-31-2007, 06:45 PM
Are you on VMK? If so, what is your title?

Will you look for my building too while you're looking for Ellen's? I've actually picked my building out of the crowd while flying into LaGuardia once!
Have you ever had your ship sunk by trommel?

What's your building going to look like?

BronxTigger
12-31-2007, 07:03 PM
Have you ever had your ship sunk by trommel?

What's your building going to look like?

My ship sunk? In POTC? I rarely play that game, so no.

My building? It's in the Bronx, and it's shaped like an H from the sky. Good luck finding it. :D

drummerboy
12-31-2007, 08:30 PM
Anybody watching America's Funniest Videos tonight? It's in WDW.

Dsnygirl
12-31-2007, 09:00 PM
Mornin'! Thanks for the muffins and coffee Ellen! Man is it a ghost town down here.... Where is everyone?
:sleepin:

Blythe - will be thinking of you tonight... will be exciting for you I'm sure waiting for that first baby of the new year!
Thanks!!
And I hope you're feeling a little bit better... isn't it tough when family can be the most difficult relationships in your life? Sending a big :hug: your way...

Blythe, is there a pool going at your workplace on who delivers the first baby of the new year?

...and my plus for 2007 today is the fact that John thought of launching Intercot and got it off the ground. I have really enjoyed sharing the banter, the joys and the worries of this extended family.
Nope... we usually actually hope to not be delivering too many!! Just the first, and that's it. :blush: Tonight, the way it's going... we may deliver the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th...

And I agree w/ you on your plus for today... I can't even imagine not having Intercot as a part of my life!

...two Peppermint Mocha lattes (the skim one is for me)...

At the risk of getting too sappy, my 1 plus for the year is that the good Lord granted me another year of life. I feel so blessed to still be here and continue to fight the fight. And as challenging as it is to parent a tween, I'm incredibly blessed to be able to do so.
Thanks for the latte - it was delish!!

And you couldn't possibly make that sappy... that is one of the best I've heard!! You certainly are blessed, and so are so many of us for having the chance to know you!! :grouphug:

Congrats on 2000 posts! It's always fun to read your posts!
Congrats Bethany!!!

I want to see National Treasure...anyone in?
Sure!! We already went, but I'd gladly go again...

Where is everyone else? Carol's working... what about everyone else???
Refer to answer above... :sleepin:

You betcha!! Unless I'm back in the OR at midnight, like I was 2 years ago...

Will we be toasting each other virtually tonight? Blythe, do you need any help as you catch the JQ new year's baby?
We definitely should!!
...and I'd love to have some help... I can't imagine anything nicer than having you guys around to help ring in the New Year... :party:

Anybody got the pitchers of coffee ready to go for tomorrow morning?
I sure hope so... Dan is loading me into the car when I get home and we're heading off to Rochester/Buffalo... Rochester for me, where my friend Shelly will pour me into some unoccupied bed for a few hours and she will kindly take my girls off to some corner of the house to play with her girls... Dan then continues on to Buffalo with her husband to watch the Sabres play an outdoor hockey game against the Penguins (:laughing:... pretty appropriate, right??) They froze the field at the Bills' stadium, and he can't wait to see the game outside!! Crazy men... 30 degrees, snow... did I say crazy men??? I'll get up around 2pm, and Shelly and I will just hang out and play/celebrate the new year together.

But life goes on and with Patti by my side and the love of good friends, the new year looks brighter than ever.

Happy New Year everyone !

Pogo, I'm sorry for your losses, but thank you for reminding me that we can all be thankful and grateful for the gift of friends and family no matter what as we begin a new year... you have such a great outlook!!

Let's see... my #1 plus for the year is the love of my friends and family, and how they all helped pull us through some really tough times the beginning of '07. You really know who your friends are when things go wrong, and we are very blessed to have some dear, wonderful friends.

So - at the risk of being sappy myself, just in case it gets really crazy and I can't get back on here closer to the New Year...

:newyear:

to you all... know that every one of you is so special to me, and I feel incredibly blessed to be part of a wonderful site like this, and esp. to have found this thread - you have become like an extended family to me, and I just can't imagine not being a part of your lives, as well!! Happy 2008 to you all - esp. Mikki, as it's already 2008 in her little corner of the world - have a wonderful night, everyone, and hopefully I'll see you later!!

Tink&Goofy
12-31-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the soup, Deb and Nikki! :eat: Feeling moderately better but now I'm coughing instead of sneezing. :(
Ellen, I think we are sharing the same cold!

Sounds great! I don't have any Jack Daniels, though - will it work with rum? I seem to always that rum around! :blush:

See above. May not alleviate the symptoms, but somehow it won't seem the matter as much! :D

Ellen, I will second your #1! I am so glad to have been able to meet you and Ben, and hope that this next year brings even better health your way!!

Well, we survived the in-laws - feeling cruddy and all. Actually it was very nice, since DH's 2 brothers and their wives were there as well. We took the new Wii, and everyone had a ball! After over 20 years with this family, I have finally learned to bite my tongue around my very opinionated, retired military FiL. :blush:
No plans for tonight. We possibly will see the ball drop - only if they show it "live" (9:00 our time! :D) - otherwise we will be :sleepin:.

So is anyone going to be around later - or are you all whoopin' it up?

drummerboy
12-31-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm still hangin' around. We're having a 'dry' New Years (forgot to stock any :marg: in the camper). DW cooked some huge steaks and baked taters. Salad and Texas Toast topped it off.

Everybody get ready for tomorrow--we're going to Resolutionland after our short layover in Lastweekofaughtseven.

Anybody else out there having as dull a New Years as the Drummerboys?

Caroleh
12-31-2007, 11:35 PM
I'm still hangin' around. We're having a 'dry' New Years (forgot to stock any :marg: in the camper). DW cooked some huge steaks and baked taters. Salad and Texas Toast topped it off.

Everybody get ready for tomorrow--we're going to Resolutionland after our short layover in Lastweekofaughtseven.

We're having a very dull new years eve. I have no idea what Gilles is watching on TV. I fell asleep with my laptop on my lap, now I'm awake, but who knows how long. Ken, you and your DW can always go to the beach just before midnight and have a very romantic welcoming of the new year on the beach. Did I ever mention I'm a helpless(or is that a hapless) romantic? Now that would be my perfect new years eve!!!!

I was going to suggest you take us someplace warm since there are so many of us up north, but I figured you might want to come up here!!!

:newyear: if I don't get in here around midnight!!! You guys are the greatest group of friends anyone could ask for!!! :grouphug:

BriarRose0708
12-31-2007, 11:38 PM

I'm with you, and Carol. My plans fell through so I'm watching a Law and Order marathon with a bottle of red and some Christmas chocolate. Who else is here?

drummerboy
12-31-2007, 11:46 PM
We were going to take the dog down to the beach for a romp but there are too many revelers out there with fireworks. So much for romantic strolls. Right now we're playing dueling laptops again and trying not to yawn at each other. I was on VMK for a while but crashed out.

South Carolina is one of the next primary states, so we're being barraged with poliical ads. I always wonder how they can all keep a straight face while trying to be so sincere about how they care about us. But then, maybe I'm a bit cynical. :D

Anybody know what kind of preservative they're keeping Dick Clark in? I want some of that. I remember watching American Bandstand when I was a kid.

drummerboy
01-01-2008, 12:09 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Havin' fun?

Tink&Goofy
01-01-2008, 12:26 AM
Happy New Year :newyear: - at least to those in the eastern time zone! We have a few more hours yet. So we just put in POTC3 - I think that will keep us awake until midnight!

Hey Blythe - any New Years babies yet??:stork::baby:

drummerboy
01-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Hope everybody's only been using overnight bags, 'cause we're off again. Where? Why...