PDA

View Full Version : A Tale of Two Trips (final thoughts)

mitchsfan
12-26-2007, 03:04 AM
1. The flight to Orlando being 4 hours late -KILLED US!!!!! It just threw Jimmy off for a few days. When he finally caught up with his sleep, he was our Jimmy.

2. If you are going with a young one and they are having an off day, choke it up and head back to the hotel. The longer you are in there the harder it is to get out. One day will not ruin your trip.

3. The Pop was not as bad as I thought!

4. MVMCP = WORTH THE MONEY

5. I HATE JESSICA SIMPSON!

6. DW should think about selling a MEGA CUP! A cup at about $75 and unlimited refills wherever you are at (even the parks). They can change them every year so that no one reuses the cup year after year.

7. Did I say that I hate Jessica Simpson?

8. I may not be the most popular guy after this. I saw this happen at least 2-4 times.
After waiting 10 minutes or so for a bus someone with a wheelchair, rascal or a motorized vehicle pulls up right before the bus does. I don't care that they get to go on first. But it does bother me that their 8 other relatives get to jump on with them too and get seats. I had to stand a few times (holding a 30 some pound child and a stroller) while everyone related to this person got a seat. I don't think it is fair.

A Way to correct it: Still have the wheelchair section of the waiting line but let their entire family wait in line. When a bus pulls up, have the bus driver ask the person in the wheelchair where their family is. If it appears that they can get on that bus, then put the person with the wheelchair in and then start the line moving.

I hope no one feels like I am being insensitive because that is not what I want protrayed. It is something Disney should look into.

THANSK FOR READING EVERYONE!!!

Sunshine1010
12-26-2007, 03:27 AM
What's up with Jessica S. ?

pdrlkr
12-26-2007, 09:04 AM
8. I may not be the most popular guy after this. I saw this happen at least 2-4 times.
After waiting 10 minutes or so for a bus someone with a wheelchair, rascal or a motorized vehicle pulls up right before the bus does. I don't care that they get to go on first. But it does bother me that their 8 other relatives get to jump on with them too and get seats. I had to stand a few times (holding a 30 some pound child and a stroller) while everyone related to this person got a seat. I don't think it is fair.

I agree 1000%! Now we both better put on that darn flame retardant suit! :blush:
Thanks for all the great reports! :smickey:

RedheadWriter
12-26-2007, 12:26 PM
I agree with the wheelchair thing you spoke about!

dolphinmickey9170
12-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Jessica isn't that pretty, so why did they all pay attention to her and not the game? So sorry. Thanks for sharing.

JerseyDad
12-28-2007, 10:49 AM
.....3. The Pop was not as bad as I thought!

......8. I may not be the most popular guy after this. I saw this happen at least 2-4 times.

A Way to correct it: Still have the wheelchair section of the waiting line but let their entire family wait in line. When a bus pulls up, have the bus driver ask the person in the wheelchair where their family is. If it appears that they can get on that bus, then put the person with the wheelchair in and then start the line moving.

I hope no one feels like I am being insensitive because that is not what I want protrayed. It is something Disney should look into.

A few points that I whole-heartedly agree with.

POP...in my opinion is great...as you can see in my post "signature" :D

Regarding the ADA Access (wheelchair, ECV...etc + numerous family member entourage)...I have to say that you are justified in your desire to see Disney look into the matter. I have NOTHING against those that really need to use these transport devices...but why does the family get the free ride too? By loading just 2 wheelchairs, ECV's, etc....onto one bus....up to eights seats ( and a good amount of standing room) will be made unavailable. Perhaps...(and I do know that this will raise some eye-brows as well as tempers...particularly corporate ones) with the large influx of these devices, WDW needs to look into separate handicapped transportation, similar to that which is now provided in many cities and towns. The ADA Laws were passed to grant unobstructed access to those whose physical ailments would not allow them the same freedom as those who are not hindered in any physical way. It's not extended to "friends and family".........

pink
12-28-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm glad you ended up having a great trip. It's true about the thing with small children- if things start to go downhill and you don't see the light at the end of the tunnel it's always a smart thing to just got back to the room. I can't even tell you how many times I've seen parents dragging screaming kids onto rides.
I also agree with your wheelchair comment. I don't mind waiting for them to be lifted into the buse's but I also think it's unfair that the whole family gets first dibs on seats as well. :mickey:

AbeeNormal
12-29-2007, 02:08 PM
I hate to say it but I agree with you on the whole Jessica Simpson thing. I saw her performance on TV at the WDW Christmas Parade and at best she was really bad. :secret:

I also agree with you on the whole wheel chair thing too and I am also very sensative to their needs but sometimes it does seem a bit unfair.

Thanks so much for sharing your trip and tell Jimmy :santa:Merry Christmas:santa: for me.

faline
01-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Glad you had a good trip.

I can't say I agree with your comments on wheelchair access. Buses can only take a couple of wheelchairs at a time. Some folks in chairs need to wait for more than one bus before they are able to get on. If I were in a chair, I'd certainly want my entire party to travel with me.