PDA

View Full Version : When is your absolute favorite time to visit WDW?

the other micki
12-26-2007, 12:53 AM
My husband has a flexible work schedule and we homeschool our kids, so we can pretty much go anytime. So, when is the very best time to go? I am thinking maybe early May, mid-Sept., early Dec. The only thing about Dec. is that my kids would probably like to swim. Would like your opionions...

Mickey 101
12-26-2007, 01:20 AM
Our absolute favorite time to visit is the end of January. Our priorities are breaking up the winter and low crowds. If your kids like to swim, this time of year may or may not be best for you as weather is kind of a mixed bag. We have been able to swim several different trips, but experienced a lot of cold temps, too.

playdead88
12-26-2007, 06:36 AM
we love spring - at least 2 weeks before or after easter of course but we absolutely love the spring weather it's not too hot and the rain chances are low - honestly even though we are partial to spring i can't imagine a bad time of year to be a disney :mickey:

scottgr
12-26-2007, 08:46 AM
We love the fall time at Disney. The crowds so not seem as bad as the summer. You can usually swim everyday. :mickey:

kakn7294
12-26-2007, 10:18 AM
We've been in May, July, August, September, and December. By far, our favorite time was September - the crowds were low and the weather was fantastic. By some freak thing, we had temps in the 80's, low humidity, and no rain for over a week. December was beautiful as far as the decorations but the weather was too unpredictable and the crowds were larger than we expected.

jakeybake
12-26-2007, 11:02 AM
September, right after Labor Day. The crowds are minimal due to the kid being back in school and the weather is nice and warm so you can enjoy the resort pool.

Jay

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-26-2007, 11:26 AM
:blush: If crowds are an issue, according to opinions by Cast Members we asked, the last two weeks of January and the entire month of February are the best. My mom and sister went in February once and said temperatures were mild low 70s and crowds were light no wait more than 10 minutes... and the Valentine decorations were beautiful

dolphinmickey9170
12-26-2007, 12:25 PM
We have been in May, July, Aug and December. I have to say I really prefer May. The weather is great, not to humid yet and great for the swimming and water parks. I think early May is best as schools haven't been released yet so the weekday crowds aren't too bad. July and Aug were quite busy. We just got back Friday from our trip and the crowds weren't really bad. I don't think we waited more than 15 minutes for anything. Even some rides were all but walk on. Don't get me wrong, there were crowds, but they were tolerable.

ThanxForNoticin
12-26-2007, 12:28 PM
My husband has a flexible work schedule and we homeschool our kids, so we can pretty much go anytime. So, when is the very best time to go? I am thinking maybe early May, mid-Sept., early Dec. The only thing about Dec. is that my kids would probably like to swim. Would like your opionions...

I think your choices are all good. Early May and mid-Sept offer the best chances for swimming weather, but early December can offer some days nice enough for swimming, too. The earlier you go in Dec, the better - December also offers the added bonus of the holiday decorations. Mid-January to mid-February probably offer the lightest crowds, but it's only a 50-50 chance that you'll have swimming weather that time of year. Good luck with your choice!

BeccaO
12-26-2007, 12:31 PM
We love to go in January, it gives us something to look forward to after the Holidays and the crowds are low. I would really like to go during the free dining sometime and also during Halloween or Christmas.

Taja
12-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Early to mid December. :thumbsup:

The weather is a bit variable, but usually have about 80% very nice to very warm days/evenings, with the odd cold front dipping down for variety. :)

Hair_Razor
12-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Gotta love home school easy to get away and no guilt plus learning on vacation counts :D. We love January we went the first week back to school for most kids, and had almost no crowd. I guess it depends what your biggest priority is swimming or crowds I think Sept. if swimming Jan. if crowds. Have fun and good luck:thumbsup:.

KylesMom
12-27-2007, 10:08 PM
I would have to say that the best time we were there was mid to late May. The parks had just turned over to later evening hours, and while we've never really been able to tell the difference in temperatures between mid-May and late June, the crowds seemed to be much more moderate. There is also the Flower & Garden Festival, as well as Star Wars Weekends (usually - this past year it was held in June). Whatever you decide - Enjoy! :mickey:

Not2Loud
12-27-2007, 10:36 PM
I am a big fan of late February and late September.

pogo
12-27-2007, 10:55 PM
For us it's late April or early May. :D

techgeek
12-27-2007, 11:09 PM
We love early jan and september. September more rain and Jan cooler but almost empty mid week.

Polynesian Dweller
12-27-2007, 11:54 PM
Early to mid October is our favorite time. Still warm and there is still plenty of light in the evening and the evenings still have a warm feeling for walking around. At the same time, the real heat has left Florida and the threat of hurricanes is diminishing.

MinnieMommie
12-28-2007, 07:48 AM
I absolutely love October at the World! Great weather, moderate crowds, MNSSHP and the F&W festival. This is my favorite time! :mickey:

slegrant
12-28-2007, 09:14 AM
I am here now staying at Fort Wilderness and this is my absolute favorite time, I love all the decorations. Early December is a great time, very small crowds and still warm temps. Today will be 84 and my kids and i will be swimming. September is the least crowded.:chip::dale:

Surfer Stitch
12-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Before my last two trips I would have said that December is by far my favorite but with two trips in Sept the last two years, thats changed. Between the Haloween party and practically no waiting for anything ,my trips will always be planned for that time of year.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-28-2007, 10:19 PM
:thumbsup: I forgot to mention, most resorts have heated swimming pools. My son always swims once or twice even though it is December....its a little cold running back to the resort though