PDA

View Full Version : The First Timers (sorta) Pre-trip Report

Pipalotta
12-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Cast

Me- Pipi - 23 years old, trip planner, Alice and Tinkerbell lover:tink::hatter:
Mom - Cheryl - 45 years old, loves the fact that I am planning a vacation for once, fan of Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty:malef:
Step-Dad - Chris - 37 - Along for the ride, more of a Looney Tunes fan than Disney :drama::humph:

Where

Pop Century - No room request just go with the flow

When

Jaunary 5 - 12, 2008

How

By car :car: from Maryland :crab:

I guess I should explain my title a bit since it could be seen as confusing. First lets start with me, I have been to Disney twice before in 2004 and 2005. It was so horrible, not because of Disney but the girls I was with, that I have decided to just say I have never been there. We spent maybe like a day in each park but half the people didnt ride anything so we like did nothing. What a waste ha! My mom went back in like the 80's right after they opened up Epcot, but that was the only place she went and she said it wasnt even finished when she was there. And my step-dad went to the Magic Kingdom back some time in the 70's but was about 3 so he doesnt remember any of it, there for we shall be known as The First Timers (sorta). Lol.

I know when I read trip reports for the time of the year I am going the most important thing to me is weather conditions and the wait for rides along with general crowd conditions, so this will be my major reason for writing trip reports.

We have no ADRs, oh I can hear the gasps of horror now. But the way we see it is we dont eat alot as it is. We plan on bring breakfast food items and a cooler, perks of driving, and eating mostly counter service in the parks and at our hotel. Also a perk of driving is being able to eat out side of Disney property if we wish. As we see it we will probably eat a quick breakfast, snack through out the day, and then eat dinner some where. We arent picky and are pretty go with the flow. The only thing we want to try is get lunch at Prime Time Cafe on our DHS day but if we cant no big deal.

We have 6 day park hoppers and our plans are as followed:

We are leaving Arnold, Maryland on Friday January 4 at about 10pm hopefully missing any traffic and plan to drive straight through. With 3 drivers this should not be a problem at all. Hopefully we will arrive some time after 3pm to our room being ready at Pop.

January 5: Arrival day
Since we will probably be funky and tired we wont do much of anything. We are hopping our room will be ready so we can change and what not and then probably hit Downtown Disney, since hopefully it will still be early enough that it wont be crowded. Dinner will be Earl of Sandwhich, maybe.

January 6: First Full Park Day
No one is stressed about MK being our first park we will try and wake up early and head for AK. This is the last day for the Jingle Jungle Parade and even though we arent parade people it will be fun to see this as it will extend Christmas a bit. Big excitement for E:E and Dinosaur. After the parade we will hope over to DHS and check out the Osborne Lights. Hopefully it wont be super crowded but seeing as it is the last night it will be.

January 7
Today we will head over to Epcot. Not sure how we plan to tour this as we have planned 2 days for Epcot. I have absolutely never been here and am very excited to try and see and do everything I can. Ive never been out side the country so will be so excited for the world showcase I am sure. We plan to close the park out this night.

January 8
Finally Magic Kingdom day!!! Everything I have read leads me to believe that this shouldnt be too bad of a day here. I am excited for my mom to see the Castle and just everything that has to do with here. Cant wait to see POTC and the HM new things. We might hit up Dole Whips but will probably stick with root beer floats and the citrus floats. Will probably stay all the way through to see everything.

January 9
Monday will have been the offical day of the name change at DHS. Although I dont really see DHS as a full day park I am sure we will stay the whole time. We will try and do a walk up at Prime Time, but if not we wont be crushed. Just another reason to come back right? Tower of Terror and Rocking Roller Coaster are on the must ride list.

Jaunary 10
At this point we will have visited each park, so we will probably do breakfast and then head to Epcot to finish whatever we have not done/want to do again. To night is spectro magic parade at MK. I would like to see it so we will probably head out of EP early and over to MK to stake out a spot for the parade.

January 11
This is our last full day and there is a chance that the parks will start to fill up since the marathon people will have started to arrive. We will have a sit down breakfast again, maybe and then head to MK. This day is pretty open though and we could possibly hop to all parks if we really wanted to.

January 12: Last Day
Saturday will be out last day and we plan to pack up, head to DTD for one last stop and then hit the road for home. We all have to work Monday morning so we want to try and get home as soon as possible to have a bit of wind down time on Sunday.

All I can say is thank goodness we are driving because I am such an over packer and know that weather in Florida during January is hit or miss. Also during the week we are there we plan to hook up with 2 sets of my Grandparents who live in Tampa and Fort Myers repectively.

And a big thanks to Terrisue at Magical Journeys for helping me plan!!!

:cloud9:I doubt I will sleep at all this week!

AbeeNormal
12-26-2007, 12:55 AM
I think it's just great that you are playing it by ear.:thumbsup: No matter what you are going to have a great time, so no worries if anyone freaks about the ADR's.:mickey:

How fun that you will all be sharing your "1st" time at WDW together.;) I can't wait to hear your reports when you get back and of course we'll do our best to return the favor. :D

Maybe we'll see you there, we're there the 3rd thru the 6th.:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
12-26-2007, 09:27 AM
I hope this will be a wonderful trip for all three of you with many, many fun "firsts" for everybody. You should have great crowds and hopefully nice weather. :mickey:

RedheadWriter
12-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Looking forward to your reports when you return~!:thumbsup:

Hair_Razor
12-27-2007, 09:32 PM
How exciting planning is half the fun! To tell you the truth we were there the same time '06 and we had some ADR's but on the first night we didn't and decided to walk into Liberty Tree Tavern and had no problems being seated we only had to wait 10 minutes. On another day we had an ADR at Crystal Palace, but decided to not do another character dining and asked our concierge if we could switch and we got resv.'s at Japan's Teppanyaki. So I don't think you should have any problems dining unless of course you want to do the Princess dining and I think that is pretty much required if you want to do that.

faline
01-01-2008, 05:37 PM
You'll be leaving in just a few days now! Have a wonderful time!