PDA

View Full Version : POP Pulled Through in an Emergency

DisneyOtaku
12-25-2007, 10:05 PM
After reading the thread on bad service at the Poly (which, after all my years of staying there, I never heard of and so it shocked me greatly), I felt the need to give some praise to Disney hotels. Namely, last week's trip to WDW, where two friends and I stayed at the POP.

On the day of our check out, as some of you may have read in the Water Cooler, one of my companions fell terribily ill and we had to rush her to the hospital around 10 am--and we were no where near ready to check out. So as the third traveling buddy took care of our sick friend, I ran to the front desk to get directions to the nearest hospial. The woman asked if they needed to call an ambulance, but my group figured we could drive her there (she had been stable, but not getting better). The manager was then informed and she came to talk to me, asking again if she should call an ambulance and then told us that we could come back later in the day to check out--even though our room was already booked for someone else that day.

After arriving at the ER, I stayed with the sick friend while the other went and packed everything up, making sure the room was SPOTLESS. He went to the front desk again to check out, and he was greated with smiles and well wishes for our friend, and that we need not worry about anything, we we were good to go.

It just really amazed me how nice and helpful everyone was, and the well-wishes they sent. I was most shocked at allowing us the late check-out with no penalty as I know all their preferred rooms were book solid. Maybe most hotels would do the same, but for three 22 year olds who had never had to deal with such a situation before, the staff at the POP Century was most helpful. :mickey:

Here we go again...
12-25-2007, 11:38 PM
After reading so many negatives about the deluxe resorts it is nice to hear something positive about a value.
You are right, in an emergency any resort may have done the same. But you were not at any resort... you were at Pop and they proved that they can provide wonderful customer service. :thumbsup:

poeticeclipse
12-26-2007, 10:30 AM
I've always been impressed with PoP's customer service. Glad to hear that they treated you so well!

Hair_Razor
12-27-2007, 06:57 PM
I hope your friend is OK! I am glad to hear that Pop was so accommodating. I stayed there before and felt that the service we received was exemplary.

Crow
12-27-2007, 11:23 PM
hope your friend is ok
its good to hear some good service news...lots of times we hear about the bads