PDA

View Full Version : Advantages of Onboard Booking?

lbarden
12-25-2007, 12:35 PM
My husband and I are taking our first cruise at the end of January. :cloud9: If we like it, we would like to book another.

I read that several talk about booking while onboard. What are the advantages? Can you cancel without losing money? Can you change the dates? :unsure:

ElenitaB
12-25-2007, 01:35 PM
One of the biggest advantages is the stateroom credit that you'll receive. On the longer cruises (i.e., 7 nights but not the 3/4 night cruises), a discount may also be offered.

You will need to pay the deposit when you rebook (something like $200 pp for the 3 and 4 day cruises and $250 pp for the longer cruises), the same as you would do when booking the cruise elsewhere.

You can change dates (I had to move our cruise from December to February), you can move your reservation to a travel agent or you can say that you're using the services of a travel agent when you rebook, you can cancel without losing money anytime up until when the final payment is due.

If you are thinking about rebooking, visit the desk —located on Deck 4— early in your trip to get a quote. Once you do decide (and try to do so early), make sure you get a copy of your paperwork indicating the onboard credit (the discount probably won't show as such). Before you leave, it's helpful to have done some homework on future dates on the DCL site or with a great travel agent, like Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/).

The last advantage of rebooking onboard is that it's the only known cure for the "debarking blues." ;)

lbarden
12-25-2007, 07:26 PM
ElenitaB--

Thanks for your help. You answered my questions. We can hardly wait for our first cruise and are hoping that this is the start of many additional ones.

TammiMcMan
12-26-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm pretty sure that the staterooms in category 1, 2 and 3 are the only ones that cannot be canceled. If you are booking any other category, you are fine provided you cancel within the posted policy.