PDA

View Full Version : Passion-fruit Soup anyone?

dmosher
12-25-2007, 02:11 AM
A few years back I went on the Disney Magic and they served me a cold soup called passion-fruit soup. After I raved about it at the table, everyone passed my bowl around and then proceeded to drive our head waiter insane asking for a bowl or two each!

I told him I had to have the recipe and at the end of my trip he did in fact give it to me. Sadly, due to a small personal crisis, I lost the recipe and have been kicking myself ever since!

It just occurred to me to ask if anyone else had ever had it and may know the recipe or a similar one to it. Any takers?

:pipes:
D

Ed
12-25-2007, 07:40 AM
I've never had it, but it sounds delicious.

I Googled it, and came across a few mentions of it being served on the ships, but no recipe.

But, here's one from the Food Network. (http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_16152,00.html)

Sound like the same thing, or at least close?

dmosher
01-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Perhaps the idea is close enough. I will try it and see how close the taste is. I start to salivate and can still recall the taste of it, even to this day and that was some time ago.
It shouldn't be too difficult to determine by the taste if it is the same recipe.
Thanks again!
:pipes:
D

Ed
01-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Hopefully it will be at least close to the "real thing".

Maybe one of our wonderful Intercotees who will be cruising soon can try to get the recipe from their servers and post it here for us. I know I'd like to have it. :eat:

:cool: